|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Williams' daughter?
2. In what newspaper does Rustin run an ad to help Martin Luther King?
(a) The Los Angeles Times
(b) The New York Times
(c) The Chicago Tribune
(d) The San Francisco Chronicle
3. Who takes over the running of the carpool?
(a) Vernon Johns
(b) Rufus Lewis
(c) Jack O'Dell
(d) Bob Moses
4. In which government building does King meet Nixon?
(a) The White House
(b) The Capitol Building
(c) The Oracle
(d) The Pentagon
5. What is Burke Marshall appointed head of?
(a) The Civil Rights Division
(d) The KKK
6. Who does Daddy King want Martin Luther King, Jr. to marry?
(c) Juanita Scott
(d) Winona Ryder
7. What does Diane Nash refuse to do?
(a) Give up her seat
(b) Leave a restaurant
(c) Pay her fine
8. Why did Moses drop out of graduate school?
(a) To become a Civil Right leader
(b) To travel
(c) To care for his mother
(d) To care for his father
9. In what state does Robert Kennedy make a speech in this chapter?
(a) North Carolina
(b) New York
(c) South Carolina
10. What was Coretta Scott hoping to become after college?
(a) A housewife
(b) A song writer
(c) A classical singer
(d) An actress
11. What did Mike King's father do for a living?
(d) Shop keeper
12. What kind of school is Atlanta Female Baptist Seminary?
(a) A Catholic school for girls
(b) A Nunnery
(c) A Negro school for girls
(d) A White school for girls
13. What kind of people did the Dexter Avenue Church attract?
(a) Uneducated people
(b) Angry people
(c) Highly intelligent people
(d) Poor people
14. What did King have to work on as well as working on church business?
(a) His dissertation
(b) His autobiography
(c) A series of paintings
(d) A novel
15. What member of Farmer's family dies in this chapter?
(a) His son
(b) His mother
(c) His daughter
(d) His father
Short Answer Questions
1. In whose yard does a bomb explode in this chapter?
2. Where is Juanita Sellers from?
3. What does a mob throw through the back window of a bus?
4. Why is the girl unsuitable for public scrutiny?
5. What did Martin Luther King initially intend to train for?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)