|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John share with the judge?
(a) A house
(b) A love of classical history
(c) A mistress
(d) A love of baseball
2. In what state do the Freedom Riders encounter their first problems?
(a) Noth Carolina
(c) South Carolina
3. What did the manager turn on with Lewis and Bevel locked inside the restaurant?
(a) The air conditioning
(b) The television
(c) The fumigation machine
(d) The lights
4. What do the police convict Rosa Parks of?
(a) Breaking segregation laws
(b) Promoting Communism
(c) Dealing drugs
(d) Drinking in a public place
5. Where did King and Coretta marry?
(a) At Coretta's parents' home
(b) At Dexter Baptist Church
(c) At King's parents home
(d) At Boston College
6. What member of Farmer's family dies in this chapter?
(a) His daughter
(b) His mother
(c) His son
(d) His father
7. What did Martin Luther King initially intend to train for?
(a) A doctor
(b) A priest
(c) A politician
(d) A lawyer
8. Who does Robert Kennedy fear racial tension will make USA appear weak to?
(a) The international community
(b) The Cubans
(c) The Soviets
(d) The British
9. What do both candidates think will be the major issue in their presidential campaign?
(b) National debt
(c) Civil Rights
10. What political party is Levison a member of?
11. What was Levison's job?
(b) Coal miner
(d) Factory manager
12. Where do students march to in Nashville?
(a) The city hall
(b) The main train station
(c) The main bus depot
(d) The city clock
13. What is King asked to write a book about?
(a) His life
(b) The Montgomery Bus Boycott
(c) The Old Testament
14. What driving offense do the police arrest King for?
(a) Traffic violation
(b) Worn out windshield wipers
(d) Worn out tires
15. Which of the following is a title of one of John's sermons?
(a) Down and Out and Almost Dead
(b) It's Safe to Murder Negroes in Montgomery
(c) People are Born to Hate
(d) Blacks and White its All Alright
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rockefeller name Morehouse College after?
2. Which of the following people does King not choose as an advisor?
3. Who does John Kennedy offer his support to in this chapter?
4. What is the name of the club King organizes at Boston?
5. In which government building does King meet Nixon?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)