|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do organizers call the march on Washington?
(a) Revolution Road
(b) Freedom March
(c) March of the Kings
(d) Prayer Pilgrimage
2. Where is Juanita Sellers from?
(c) New Orleans
(d) New York
3. What does the Atlanta Female Baptist Seminary change their name to?
(a) Rockefeller School
(b) King School
(c) Spelman School
(d) The School of Fun
4. What did Truman desegregate in the Forties?
(a) Major cities
(b) The armed forces
5. What country does Betty's family come from?
6. What kind of people did the Dexter Avenue Church attract?
(a) Angry people
(b) Uneducated people
(c) Poor people
(d) Highly intelligent people
7. What do both candidates think will be the major issue in their presidential campaign?
(b) Civil Rights
(d) National debt
8. Who was Dexter's preacher after Johns?
(a) Martin Luther King
(b) Elmore Leonard
(c) Mike King
(d) Malcolm X
9. What does Robinson's letter call to boycott?
(b) City buses
10. What did King have to work on as well as working on church business?
(a) His autobiography
(b) His dissertation
(c) A novel
(d) A series of paintings
11. Who does Kennedy select as his running mate?
(a) Lyndon Johnson
(b) James Fox
(c) Robert Kennedy
(d) Jimmy Carter
12. What does John Lewis go to the restaurant to eat?
(b) Fired chicken
(c) Boiled chicken
13. What is the name of the club King organizes at Boston?
(a) The Communist Club
(b) The Religious Club
(c) The Freedom Club
(d) The Philosophical Club
14. What did the manager turn on with Lewis and Bevel locked inside the restaurant?
(a) The lights
(b) The television
(c) The fumigation machine
(d) The air conditioning
15. What kind of commitee does the Nashville mayor appoint?
(a) All men
(b) All white
(c) All black
Short Answer Questions
1. What does King associate pool tables with?
2. What does a mob throw through the back window of a bus?
3. Why did Moses drop out of graduate school?
4. Where does Bevel stage protests?
5. What does the black driver do when a black girl refuses to give up her seat for a white person?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)