|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is there a riot at the University of Alabama?
(a) A Negro woman tries to enroll
(b) The University hires a Negro teacher
(c) Martin Luther King Jr. gives a speech on campus
(d) The KKK bomb a classroom
2. What is the title of Niebuhr's book that King reads in this chapter?
(a) Moral Man and Immoral Society
(b) Passions of an Everday Man
(c) Looting the World
(d) Non-violence and Revolution
3. Where is Ralph Abernathy the pastor?
(b) The Second Baptist
(d) The First Baptist
4. What did Mike King's father do for a living?
(b) Shop keeper
5. Where does King study for his doctorate?
(a) Chicago University
(b) New York University
(c) University of Virginia
(d) Boston College
6. Whose vote does Robert Kennedy worry his brother is losing?
(a) Southern blacks
(b) Southern whites
(d) Working class men
7. Where is Juanita Sellers from?
(c) New York
(d) New Orleans
8. What is King asked to write a book about?
(a) The Montgomery Bus Boycott
(b) The Old Testament
(d) His life
9. What was King given a twelve-month suspended sentence for?
(a) Traffic violations
(b) Driving with an out-of-state license
(c) Stealing food
10. What driving offense do the police arrest King for?
(a) Worn out windshield wipers
(b) Traffic violation
(d) Worn out tires
11. Who does Nixon choose as his running mate?
(a) Lyndon Johnson
(b) Henry Cabot Lodge
(c) Henry Kissinger
(d) Gerald Ford
12. What does John share with the judge?
(a) A love of classical history
(b) A love of baseball
(c) A house
(d) A mistress
13. Who does Daddy King want Martin Luther King, Jr. to marry?
(a) Juanita Scott
(b) Winona Ryder
14. What did James B. Pritchard teach?
(b) The New Testament
(c) The Old Testament
(d) Negro literature
15. Who is the American President in this chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kennedy select as his running mate?
2. What does King organize to help people get to work?
3. What kind of commitee does the Nashville mayor appoint?
4. What does the police commissioner call the taxi drivers?
5. What does Diane Nash refuse to do?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)