|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Nashville police threaten to arrest all protesters for?
(c) Breach of the peace
(d) Breaking and entering
2. What does a mob throw through the back window of a bus?
(a) A nail bomb
(b) A grenade
(c) A fire bomb
(d) A brick
3. In what newspaper does Rustin run an ad to help Martin Luther King?
(a) The San Francisco Chronicle
(b) The Chicago Tribune
(c) The New York Times
(d) The Los Angeles Times
4. What political party is Levison a member of?
5. Why is there a riot at the University of Alabama?
(a) The KKK bomb a classroom
(b) Martin Luther King Jr. gives a speech on campus
(c) A Negro woman tries to enroll
(d) The University hires a Negro teacher
6. What do organizers name the boycott organization?
7. Who takes over the running of the carpool?
(a) Bob Moses
(b) Rufus Lewis
(c) Vernon Johns
(d) Jack O'Dell
8. What did the manager turn on with Lewis and Bevel locked inside the restaurant?
(a) The fumigation machine
(b) The television
(c) The lights
(d) The air conditioning
9. What did Martin Luther King initially intend to train for?
(a) A priest
(b) A lawyer
(c) A politician
(d) A doctor
10. What does the Ku Klux Klan burn in front of John's lawn?
(a) A kitten
(b) A photograph
(c) A sweater
(d) A cross
11. What kind of people did the Dexter Avenue Church attract?
(a) Poor people
(b) Highly intelligent people
(c) Uneducated people
(d) Angry people
12. What is King asked to write a book about?
(a) The Montgomery Bus Boycott
(c) The Old Testament
(d) His life
13. Who is the governor of Arkansas?
(a) Orval Faubus
(b) Jack Marshall
(c) James Formby
(d) Robert Kennedy
14. What does King associate pool tables with?
(b) White people
(c) Low behavior
(d) Rich people
15. What was Levison's job?
(b) Coal miner
(c) Factory manager
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John share with the judge?
2. Who is the candidate for the Republicans in the 1960 presidential election?
3. In what state do the Freedom Riders encounter their first problems?
4. Where does King receive an offer to teach?
5. What does King offer to Wyatt Tee Walker?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)