|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jo Ann Robinson teach at Alabama?
2. What country does Betty's family come from?
3. What political party is Levison a member of?
4. Who is Martin Luther King competing for a position at Dexter church with?
(a) Alan McNamus
(b) Vernon Johns
(c) Walter McCall
(d) Jack White
5. What do the police convict Rosa Parks of?
(a) Dealing drugs
(b) Drinking in a public place
(c) Breaking segregation laws
(d) Promoting Communism
6. Where did King's four friends go on trial?
(b) Los Angeles
(d) New York City
7. Who was Dexter's preacher after Johns?
(a) Malcolm X
(b) Martin Luther King
(c) Mike King
(d) Elmore Leonard
8. What does King's speech stress the importance of?
(c) Justice and love
9. Which of the following people does King not choose as an advisor?
(a) Bob Moses
(b) Lester Granger
(c) Roy Wilkins
(d) Phillip Randolph
10. What kind of school is Atlanta Female Baptist Seminary?
(a) A Nunnery
(b) A Negro school for girls
(c) A White school for girls
(d) A Catholic school for girls
11. What does the black driver do when a black girl refuses to give up her seat for a white person?
(a) Threatens her with a gun
(b) Phones the police
(c) Throws her off the bus
(d) Beats her up
12. What does King organize to help people get to work?
(a) Horse and carts
(b) Freedom trains
(c) A freedom bus
(d) A carpool
13. What do the courts accuse King of not paying taxes for?
(a) Income earned from Civil Rights work
(b) Income earned from lecturing
(c) Income earned from preaching
(d) Income earned from writing
14. What does King study in his father's house in this chapter?
(a) Adolf Hitler
(b) Frederick Douglas
(c) Jan Hus
(d) Karl Marx
15. What was Coretta Scott hoping to become after college?
(a) A classical singer
(b) A song writer
(c) A housewife
(d) An actress
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a title of one of John's sermons?
2. What do both candidates think will be the major issue in their presidential campaign?
3. What did Johns like to talk about in his sermons?
4. Who does Daddy King want Martin Luther King, Jr. to marry?
5. What does the Atlanta Female Baptist Seminary change their name to?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)