|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Martin Luther King competing for a position at Dexter church with?
(a) Alan McNamus
(b) Vernon Johns
(c) Walter McCall
(d) Jack White
2. What does Lewis write a list about for protesters?
(a) What to bring with them
(b) Do's and dont's
(c) How to keep their humor
(d) People to avoid
3. What is the name of the club King organizes at Boston?
(a) The Freedom Club
(b) The Philosophical Club
(c) The Communist Club
(d) The Religious Club
4. What does John Lewis go to the restaurant to eat?
(a) Boiled chicken
(c) Fired chicken
5. What does Jo Ann Robinson teach at Alabama?
6. Who takes over the running of the carpool?
(a) Vernon Johns
(b) Bob Moses
(c) Rufus Lewis
(d) Jack O'Dell
7. What is the title of Niebuhr's book that King reads in this chapter?
(a) Looting the World
(b) Non-violence and Revolution
(c) Moral Man and Immoral Society
(d) Passions of an Everday Man
8. What does a mob throw through the back window of a bus?
(a) A nail bomb
(b) A fire bomb
(c) A grenade
(d) A brick
9. Who has dinner with the Freedom Riders when they arrive in Atlanta?
(a) Malcolm X
(b) Robert Kennedy
(c) Martin Luther King
(d) Mike King
10. Where does King receive an offer to teach?
(a) Dillard University
(b) Morehouse College
(c) New York University
(d) Boston College
11. What was King given a twelve-month suspended sentence for?
(a) Traffic violations
(c) Stealing food
(d) Driving with an out-of-state license
12. Why is the girl unsuitable for public scrutiny?
(a) She is pregnant
(b) The KKK are threatening her
(c) She is too young
(d) She is mentally disturbed
13. What did a group of Negroes form in 1867?
(a) The first Baptist Church
(b) Dexter Avenue Baptist Church
(d) The First Baptist Church of Montgomery
14. What member of Farmer's family dies in this chapter?
(a) His son
(b) His daughter
(c) His mother
(d) His father
15. What did Truman desegregate in the Forties?
(b) Major cities
(d) The armed forces
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rockefeller name Morehouse College after?
2. What does King study in his father's house in this chapter?
3. Who does Daddy King want Martin Luther King, Jr. to marry?
4. What kind of army does King build?
5. What does the city council approve in an attempt to improve the bus company's financial troubles?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)