|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Powell say he will claim King is having an affair with?
(a) Malcolm X
2. What kind of school is Atlanta Female Baptist Seminary?
(a) A White school for girls
(b) A Catholic school for girls
(c) A Negro school for girls
(d) A Nunnery
3. What did a group of Negroes form in 1877?
(a) Black Power
(c) Maryland Baptist Group
(d) Dexter Avenue Baptist Church
4. What did Johns like to talk about in his sermons?
(c) World War II
(d) Racial discrimination
5. Why is the girl unsuitable for public scrutiny?
(a) She is pregnant
(b) She is too young
(c) She is mentally disturbed
(d) The KKK are threatening her
6. What does Jo Ann Robinson teach at Alabama?
7. What is the name of the club King organizes at Boston?
(a) The Religious Club
(b) The Communist Club
(c) The Philosophical Club
(d) The Freedom Club
8. What is King asked to write a book about?
(a) The Old Testament
(b) His life
(c) The Montgomery Bus Boycott
9. What did Mike King's father do for a living?
(b) Shop keeper
10. What do organizers call the march on Washington?
(a) Revolution Road
(b) Freedom March
(c) Prayer Pilgrimage
(d) March of the Kings
11. What do both candidates think will be the major issue in their presidential campaign?
(a) Civil Rights
(d) National debt
12. What member of Farmer's family dies in this chapter?
(a) His father
(b) His mother
(c) His son
(d) His daughter
13. Whose philosophy does Harris Wofford follow?
14. What do the Alabama police charge King with?
(a) Tax evasion
15. Why does Robert Kennedy begin to shy away from King?
(a) To perserve his brother's presidency
(b) To win southern white votes
(c) To protect his family
(d) To preserve his reputation
Short Answer Questions
1. What does King offer to Wyatt Tee Walker?
2. What kind of commitee does the Nashville mayor appoint?
3. What does a mob throw through the back window of a bus?
4. What does a newspaper assign their reporter Tom Johnson to find out?
5. What does the Ku Klux Klan burn in front of John's lawn?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)