|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did King's four friends go on trial?
(a) Los Angeles
(d) New York City
2. What organization does King join in this chapter?
3. Whose vote does Robert Kennedy worry his brother is losing?
(a) Southern whites
(c) Southern blacks
(d) Working class men
4. Who does Robert Kennedy telephone in this chapter?
(a) Malcolm X
(b) A judge in Georgia
(c) Coretta King
(d) The mayor in Georgia
5. In what state do the Freedom Riders encounter their first problems?
(b) South Carolina
(c) Noth Carolina
6. What is the title of Niebuhr's book that King reads in this chapter?
(a) Looting the World
(b) Non-violence and Revolution
(c) Moral Man and Immoral Society
(d) Passions of an Everday Man
7. What does King organize to help people get to work?
(a) Horse and carts
(b) Freedom trains
(c) A carpool
(d) A freedom bus
8. What does the Ku Klux Klan burn in front of John's lawn?
(a) A kitten
(b) A sweater
(c) A photograph
(d) A cross
9. What does King's speech stress the importance of?
(a) Justice and love
10. What does Jo Ann Robinson teach at Alabama?
11. What did Truman desegregate in the Forties?
(b) Major cities
(c) The armed forces
12. What did the Dexter Avenue Church find it difficult to find?
(a) A congregation
(c) Suitable preachers
(d) A church
13. Who is Martin Luther King competing for a position at Dexter church with?
(a) Walter McCall
(b) Vernon Johns
(c) Jack White
(d) Alan McNamus
14. What is the name of the club King organizes at Boston?
(a) The Philosophical Club
(b) The Freedom Club
(c) The Religious Club
(d) The Communist Club
15. What does Diane Nash refuse to do?
(a) Give up her seat
(b) Leave a restaurant
(c) Pay her fine
Short Answer Questions
1. In which government building does King meet Nixon?
2. Who is the governor of Arkansas?
3. What does the black driver do when a black girl refuses to give up her seat for a white person?
4. What do organizers name the boycott organization?
5. What does Robinson's letter call to boycott?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)