|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Hartsfield the mayor?
(b) New York
2. Who does John Kennedy offer his support to in this chapter?
(a) Coretta King
3. What did the Dexter Avenue Church find it difficult to find?
(a) Suitable preachers
(c) A church
(d) A congregation
4. In what state does Robert Kennedy make a speech in this chapter?
(a) South Carolina
(b) North Carolina
(c) New York
5. How did taxi drivers try to help out the Negroes boycotting the buses?
(a) They lowered their fares
(b) They ran over police
(c) They gave free rides
(d) They advertized the boycott
6. What does King organize to help people get to work?
(a) A freedom bus
(b) Horse and carts
(c) Freedom trains
(d) A carpool
7. Who does Kennedy select as his running mate?
(a) James Fox
(b) Jimmy Carter
(c) Lyndon Johnson
(d) Robert Kennedy
8. What does John share with the judge?
(a) A house
(b) A love of classical history
(c) A love of baseball
(d) A mistress
9. What kind of people did the Dexter Avenue Church attract?
(a) Angry people
(b) Highly intelligent people
(c) Poor people
(d) Uneducated people
10. Where is Juanita Sellers from?
(a) New Orleans
(d) New York
11. What was Levison's job?
(a) Factory manager
(c) Coal miner
12. In whose yard does a bomb explode in this chapter?
(a) Martin Luther King's
(b) Fred Grey's
(c) Rosa Parks'
(d) E.D. Nixon's
13. What is Burke Marshall appointed head of?
(b) The Civil Rights Division
(d) The KKK
14. What does King offer to Wyatt Tee Walker?
(a) The directorship of SCLC
(b) The preaching position at Dexter
(c) Carrot cake
(d) The Presidency of NAACP
15. What kind of school is Atlanta Female Baptist Seminary?
(a) A Nunnery
(b) A White school for girls
(c) A Catholic school for girls
(d) A Negro school for girls
Short Answer Questions
1. What did a group of Negroes form in 1867?
2. Who is the Democratic candidate in the 1960 presidential election?
3. What does Lewis write a list about for protesters?
4. What does John Lewis go to the restaurant to eat?
5. What political party is Levison a member of?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)