|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did taxi drivers try to help out the Negroes boycotting the buses?
(a) They advertized the boycott
(b) They gave free rides
(c) They ran over police
(d) They lowered their fares
2. What does Robinson's letter call to boycott?
(b) City buses
3. Where do students march to in Nashville?
(a) The city clock
(b) The city hall
(c) The main train station
(d) The main bus depot
4. Why is the girl unsuitable for public scrutiny?
(a) She is pregnant
(b) The KKK are threatening her
(c) She is mentally disturbed
(d) She is too young
5. In whose yard does a bomb explode in this chapter?
(a) Fred Grey's
(b) E.D. Nixon's
(c) Rosa Parks'
(d) Martin Luther King's
6. What did Mike King's father do for a living?
(d) Shop keeper
7. What will the Democrats label King as if he does not call off plans to picket the Democratic Convention?
(a) A murderer
(b) An Uncle Tom
(c) A thief
(d) A homosexual
8. What does the Ku Klux Klan burn in front of John's lawn?
(a) A cross
(b) A sweater
(c) A photograph
(d) A kitten
9. Where did King's four friends go on trial?
(b) Los Angeles
(c) New York City
10. What does a mob throw through the back window of a bus?
(a) A grenade
(b) A brick
(c) A fire bomb
(d) A nail bomb
11. Which of the following countries does Mike King not visit on his trip abroad?
12. What did Johns like to talk about in his sermons?
(c) Racial discrimination
(d) World War II
13. What kind of army does King build?
(a) A violent army
(b) A non-violent army
(c) A terrorist army
(d) A guerilla army
14. What do both candidates think will be the major issue in their presidential campaign?
(a) National debt
(d) Civil Rights
15. In what state does Robert Kennedy make a speech in this chapter?
(a) New York
(c) South Carolina
(d) North Carolina
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Juanita Sellers from?
2. What did W.E.B Du Bois found?
3. What was King given a twelve-month suspended sentence for?
4. Where do King and his supporters march to in Los Angeles?
5. What do the Alabama police charge King with?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)