|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Crozier Theological Seminary have in its basement rec room?
(a) Dart boards
(c) A science lab
(d) Pool tables
2. What kind of commitee does the Nashville mayor appoint?
(b) All white
(c) All men
(d) All black
3. What did Martin Luther King initially intend to train for?
(a) A politician
(b) A lawyer
(c) A doctor
(d) A priest
4. What does John share with the judge?
(a) A house
(b) A love of classical history
(c) A love of baseball
(d) A mistress
5. What did a group of Negroes form in 1877?
(a) Black Power
(b) Maryland Baptist Group
(c) Dexter Avenue Baptist Church
6. Where is Hartsfield the mayor?
(a) New York
7. What did Johns begin to sell on the streets?
(a) Fruits and vegetables
8. Why did Moses drop out of graduate school?
(a) To become a Civil Right leader
(b) To care for his father
(c) To travel
(d) To care for his mother
9. What political party is Levison a member of?
10. What was Levison's job?
(c) Coal miner
(d) Factory manager
11. What is the name of Williams' daughter?
12. What does a mob throw through the back window of a bus?
(a) A nail bomb
(b) A fire bomb
(c) A brick
(d) A grenade
13. What does King's speech stress the importance of?
(c) Justice and love
14. What was Williams' father's job?
(b) Coal miner
15. Who is the Democratic candidate in the 1960 presidential election?
(a) Jackie Robinson
(b) Robert Kennedy
(c) John Kennedy
(d) James Elroy
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the preacher who caused a scandal in 1946?
2. In what newspaper does Rustin run an ad to help Martin Luther King?
3. What does John Lewis go to the restaurant to eat?
4. What does Robinson's letter call to boycott?
5. What do the Alabama police charge King with?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)