|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Robert Kennedy begin to shy away from King?
(a) To preserve his reputation
(b) To win southern white votes
(c) To perserve his brother's presidency
(d) To protect his family
2. Where do students march to in Nashville?
(a) The main bus depot
(b) The city clock
(c) The city hall
(d) The main train station
3. Who does John Kennedy offer his support to in this chapter?
(d) Coretta King
4. What does the Ku Klux Klan burn in front of John's lawn?
(a) A sweater
(b) A photograph
(c) A cross
(d) A kitten
5. In whose yard does a bomb explode in this chapter?
(a) Rosa Parks'
(b) Martin Luther King's
(c) Fred Grey's
(d) E.D. Nixon's
6. Who is the Democratic candidate in the 1960 presidential election?
(a) Robert Kennedy
(b) James Elroy
(c) John Kennedy
(d) Jackie Robinson
7. What church does Reverend A.D. Williams take over?
(c) Frederick Douglas
8. What political party is Levison a member of?
9. What does Crozier Theological Seminary have in its basement rec room?
(a) Pool tables
(c) A science lab
(d) Dart boards
10. What did King have to work on as well as working on church business?
(a) His dissertation
(b) A novel
(c) A series of paintings
(d) His autobiography
11. What kind of people did the Dexter Avenue Church attract?
(a) Highly intelligent people
(b) Angry people
(c) Uneducated people
(d) Poor people
12. Who does Rockefeller name Morehouse College after?
(a) Richard Morehouse
(b) Dr. Henry Morehouse
(c) Dr. House
(d) Thomas More
13. What was Levison's job?
(b) Factory manager
(d) Coal miner
14. Where is Hartsfield the mayor?
(b) New York
15. Where is Juanita Sellers from?
(b) New York
(c) New Orleans
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Coretta Scott hoping to become after college?
2. What does King study in his father's house in this chapter?
3. What do the Alabama police charge King with?
4. Who is the American President in this chapter?
5. What does King organize to help people get to work?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)