|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did King have to work on as well as working on church business?
(a) His autobiography
(b) A novel
(c) His dissertation
(d) A series of paintings
2. Who has dinner with the Freedom Riders when they arrive in Atlanta?
(a) Malcolm X
(b) Mike King
(c) Robert Kennedy
(d) Martin Luther King
3. What did W.E.B Du Bois found?
(a) The NAACP
(b) The NCCG
(c) The RSPCA
(d) The SCCP
4. Why did the fare increase do little to help the bus company's financial problems?
(a) People stopped riding them all together.
(b) It was Christmas
(c) There were no Negro riders
(d) People insisted on paying the old fares
5. What does Lewis write a list about for protesters?
(a) People to avoid
(b) Do's and dont's
(c) How to keep their humor
(d) What to bring with them
6. What does John share with the judge?
(a) A love of baseball
(b) A mistress
(c) A house
(d) A love of classical history
7. What did a group of Negroes form in 1867?
(b) The first Baptist Church
(c) The First Baptist Church of Montgomery
(d) Dexter Avenue Baptist Church
8. Where is Hartsfield the mayor?
(b) New York
9. What does John Lewis go to the restaurant to eat?
(a) Fired chicken
(d) Boiled chicken
10. What does the Ku Klux Klan burn in front of John's lawn?
(a) A cross
(b) A photograph
(c) A kitten
(d) A sweater
11. What will the Democrats label King as if he does not call off plans to picket the Democratic Convention?
(a) A thief
(b) An Uncle Tom
(c) A murderer
(d) A homosexual
12. Who was Dexter's preacher after Johns?
(a) Martin Luther King
(b) Mike King
(c) Malcolm X
(d) Elmore Leonard
13. Who is the candidate for the Republicans in the 1960 presidential election?
(a) Robert Kennedy
(b) Lyndon Johnson
(c) Gerald Ford
(d) Richard Nixon
14. What did Mike King's father do for a living?
(b) Shop keeper
15. What does the police commissioner call the taxi drivers?
(a) Nigger lovers
(b) Christian men
(c) Enemies of the state
(d) A taxicab army
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Martin Luther King competing for a position at Dexter church with?
2. Where did King and Coretta marry?
3. What do the police convict Rosa Parks of?
4. What was Williams' father's job?
5. What does the Atlanta Female Baptist Seminary change their name to?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)