|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robinson's letter call to boycott?
(a) City buses
2. In what state does Robert Kennedy make a speech in this chapter?
(b) South Carolina
(c) New York
(d) North Carolina
3. What do the police convict Rosa Parks of?
(a) Promoting Communism
(b) Drinking in a public place
(c) Dealing drugs
(d) Breaking segregation laws
4. Why is there a riot at the University of Alabama?
(a) The University hires a Negro teacher
(b) The KKK bomb a classroom
(c) A Negro woman tries to enroll
(d) Martin Luther King Jr. gives a speech on campus
5. What does the black driver do when a black girl refuses to give up her seat for a white person?
(a) Phones the police
(b) Beats her up
(c) Threatens her with a gun
(d) Throws her off the bus
6. What member of Farmer's family dies in this chapter?
(a) His son
(b) His mother
(c) His father
(d) His daughter
7. What does Diane Nash refuse to do?
(a) Give up her seat
(c) Pay her fine
(d) Leave a restaurant
8. What country does Betty's family come from?
9. Which of the following people does King not choose as an advisor?
(a) Phillip Randolph
(b) Bob Moses
(c) Lester Granger
(d) Roy Wilkins
10. What was King given a twelve-month suspended sentence for?
(a) Traffic violations
(b) Stealing food
(d) Driving with an out-of-state license
11. Who is Martin Luther King competing for a position at Dexter church with?
(a) Jack White
(b) Alan McNamus
(c) Vernon Johns
(d) Walter McCall
12. What do the Nashville police threaten to arrest all protesters for?
(b) Breach of the peace
(d) Breaking and entering
13. Who does Nixon choose as his running mate?
(a) Gerald Ford
(b) Lyndon Johnson
(c) Henry Cabot Lodge
(d) Henry Kissinger
14. What university did Du Bois work at?
(a) New York
15. Who does Kennedy select as his running mate?
(a) James Fox
(b) Lyndon Johnson
(c) Jimmy Carter
(d) Robert Kennedy
Short Answer Questions
1. What did James B. Pritchard teach?
2. What did King have to work on as well as working on church business?
3. Who is the Democratic candidate in the 1960 presidential election?
4. What do organizers name the boycott organization?
5. What do organizers call the march on Washington?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)