|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Ku Klux Klan burn in front of John's lawn?
(a) A cross
(b) A kitten
(c) A sweater
(d) A photograph
2. What driving offense do the police arrest King for?
(b) Worn out windshield wipers
(c) Worn out tires
(d) Traffic violation
3. What was Williams' father's job?
(d) Coal miner
4. What does Diane Nash refuse to do?
(b) Leave a restaurant
(c) Pay her fine
(d) Give up her seat
5. What is the name of the club King organizes at Boston?
(a) The Freedom Club
(b) The Communist Club
(c) The Philosophical Club
(d) The Religious Club
6. What does Jo Ann Robinson teach at Alabama?
7. What is the name of Williams' daughter?
8. What does King associate pool tables with?
(a) White people
(c) Low behavior
(d) Rich people
9. What do the Alabama police charge King with?
(c) Tax evasion
10. What did James B. Pritchard teach?
(b) Negro literature
(c) The New Testament
(d) The Old Testament
11. What does King study in his father's house in this chapter?
(a) Frederick Douglas
(b) Karl Marx
(c) Jan Hus
(d) Adolf Hitler
12. Who does Kennedy select as his running mate?
(a) Robert Kennedy
(b) Jimmy Carter
(c) James Fox
(d) Lyndon Johnson
13. What does a newspaper assign their reporter Tom Johnson to find out?
(a) Racism in the police force
(b) Corruption in the MIA
(c) King's upbringing
(d) The power behind the MIA
14. Which of the following is a title of one of John's sermons?
(a) It's Safe to Murder Negroes in Montgomery
(b) Blacks and White its All Alright
(c) Down and Out and Almost Dead
(d) People are Born to Hate
15. In what state do the Freedom Riders encounter their first problems?
(b) Noth Carolina
(c) South Carolina
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does John Kennedy offer his support to in this chapter?
2. What is King asked to write a book about?
3. What did Johns like to talk about in his sermons?
4. What does King's speech stress the importance of?
5. What do both candidates think will be the major issue in their presidential campaign?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)