|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do both candidates think will be the major issue in their presidential campaign?
(a) National debt
(c) Civil Rights
2. Who does John Kennedy offer his support to in this chapter?
(b) Coretta King
3. In what newspaper does Rustin run an ad to help Martin Luther King?
(a) The Chicago Tribune
(b) The New York Times
(c) The San Francisco Chronicle
(d) The Los Angeles Times
4. What was Williams' father's job?
(d) Coal miner
5. What political party is Levison a member of?
6. Who does Kennedy select as his running mate?
(a) Lyndon Johnson
(b) Robert Kennedy
(c) Jimmy Carter
(d) James Fox
7. In which government building does King meet Nixon?
(a) The Capitol Building
(b) The Oracle
(c) The White House
(d) The Pentagon
8. Who is the American President in this chapter?
9. What do the police convict Rosa Parks of?
(a) Dealing drugs
(b) Drinking in a public place
(c) Breaking segregation laws
(d) Promoting Communism
10. What was Coretta Scott hoping to become after college?
(a) An actress
(b) A housewife
(c) A classical singer
(d) A song writer
11. What does Lewis write a list about for protesters?
(a) What to bring with them
(b) How to keep their humor
(c) People to avoid
(d) Do's and dont's
12. What does the Atlanta Female Baptist Seminary change their name to?
(a) The School of Fun
(b) King School
(c) Rockefeller School
(d) Spelman School
13. What does King associate pool tables with?
(a) Low behavior
(b) White people
(d) Rich people
14. What did the manager turn on with Lewis and Bevel locked inside the restaurant?
(a) The fumigation machine
(b) The lights
(c) The air conditioning
(d) The television
15. What does the black driver do when a black girl refuses to give up her seat for a white person?
(a) Beats her up
(b) Phones the police
(c) Throws her off the bus
(d) Threatens her with a gun
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did King and Coretta marry?
2. What did a group of Negroes form in 1877?
3. What grade does Mike have to start in a high school?
4. What do organizers call the march on Washington?
5. Why did Moses drop out of graduate school?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)