|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did W.E.B Du Bois found?
(a) The RSPCA
(b) The NAACP
(c) The SCCP
(d) The NCCG
2. Why did Moses drop out of graduate school?
(a) To care for his mother
(b) To care for his father
(c) To travel
(d) To become a Civil Right leader
3. What did a group of Negroes form in 1867?
(b) Dexter Avenue Baptist Church
(c) The First Baptist Church of Montgomery
(d) The first Baptist Church
4. Who is the candidate for the Republicans in the 1960 presidential election?
(a) Gerald Ford
(b) Lyndon Johnson
(c) Richard Nixon
(d) Robert Kennedy
5. What do the courts accuse King of not paying taxes for?
(a) Income earned from Civil Rights work
(b) Income earned from writing
(c) Income earned from preaching
(d) Income earned from lecturing
6. Who takes over the running of the carpool?
(a) Bob Moses
(b) Rufus Lewis
(c) Jack O'Dell
(d) Vernon Johns
7. What do organizers name the boycott organization?
8. What does the waitress pour over Lewis?
(d) Orange juice
9. In what state do the Freedom Riders encounter their first problems?
(a) Noth Carolina
(b) South Carolina
10. What does the Ku Klux Klan burn in front of John's lawn?
(a) A kitten
(b) A photograph
(c) A cross
(d) A sweater
11. What driving offense do the police arrest King for?
(a) Traffic violation
(b) Worn out tires
(c) Worn out windshield wipers
12. What will the Democrats label King as if he does not call off plans to picket the Democratic Convention?
(a) An Uncle Tom
(b) A murderer
(c) A homosexual
(d) A thief
13. What does a mob throw through the back window of a bus?
(a) A brick
(b) A fire bomb
(c) A grenade
(d) A nail bomb
14. What does John Lewis go to the restaurant to eat?
(c) Fired chicken
(d) Boiled chicken
15. What did the Dexter Avenue Church find it difficult to find?
(a) A church
(c) A congregation
(d) Suitable preachers
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kennedy select as his running mate?
2. What is the title of Niebuhr's book that King reads in this chapter?
3. Who was Dexter's preacher after Johns?
4. What grade does Mike have to start in a high school?
5. What kind of school is Atlanta Female Baptist Seminary?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)