|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Robert Kennedy telephone in this chapter?
(a) A judge in Georgia
(b) The mayor in Georgia
(c) Malcolm X
(d) Coretta King
2. What did Mike King's father do for a living?
(b) Shop keeper
3. What did James B. Pritchard teach?
(a) The New Testament
(b) The Old Testament
(c) Negro literature
4. What kind of people did the Dexter Avenue Church attract?
(a) Highly intelligent people
(b) Poor people
(c) Uneducated people
(d) Angry people
5. What did Martin Luther King initially intend to train for?
(a) A priest
(b) A lawyer
(c) A doctor
(d) A politician
6. Where is Ralph Abernathy the pastor?
(a) The First Baptist
(c) The Second Baptist
7. Whose vote does Robert Kennedy worry his brother is losing?
(b) Southern whites
(c) Southern blacks
(d) Working class men
8. What do the Nashville police threaten to arrest all protesters for?
(a) Breach of the peace
(b) Breaking and entering
9. Why is there a riot at the University of Alabama?
(a) The University hires a Negro teacher
(b) The KKK bomb a classroom
(c) A Negro woman tries to enroll
(d) Martin Luther King Jr. gives a speech on campus
10. Where does King study for his doctorate?
(a) University of Virginia
(b) Chicago University
(c) New York University
(d) Boston College
11. What church does Reverend A.D. Williams take over?
(d) Frederick Douglas
12. Who does Daddy King want Martin Luther King, Jr. to marry?
(a) Juanita Scott
(b) Winona Ryder
13. Who has dinner with the Freedom Riders when they arrive in Atlanta?
(a) Robert Kennedy
(b) Martin Luther King
(c) Malcolm X
(d) Mike King
14. Who does John Kennedy offer his support to in this chapter?
(a) Coretta King
15. What do the courts accuse King of not paying taxes for?
(a) Income earned from lecturing
(b) Income earned from Civil Rights work
(c) Income earned from writing
(d) Income earned from preaching
Short Answer Questions
1. What do both candidates think will be the major issue in their presidential campaign?
2. What does Diane Nash refuse to do?
3. What does Jo Ann Robinson teach at Alabama?
4. Who takes over the running of the carpool?
5. What does the police commissioner call the taxi drivers?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)