|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Powell say he will claim King is having an affair with?
(a) Malcolm X
2. Who does John Kennedy offer his support to in this chapter?
(a) Coretta King
3. What African country does King fly to?
4. What does King study in his father's house in this chapter?
(a) Karl Marx
(b) Adolf Hitler
(c) Jan Hus
(d) Frederick Douglas
5. Who does Daddy King want Martin Luther King, Jr. to marry?
(c) Winona Ryder
(d) Juanita Scott
6. Why is there a riot at the University of Alabama?
(a) A Negro woman tries to enroll
(b) Martin Luther King Jr. gives a speech on campus
(c) The University hires a Negro teacher
(d) The KKK bomb a classroom
7. What does Jo Ann Robinson teach at Alabama?
8. Why did the fare increase do little to help the bus company's financial problems?
(a) People insisted on paying the old fares
(b) People stopped riding them all together.
(c) There were no Negro riders
(d) It was Christmas
9. Why did Moses drop out of graduate school?
(a) To care for his father
(b) To travel
(c) To become a Civil Right leader
(d) To care for his mother
10. Where does Bevel stage protests?
(a) Sport centers
(b) Movie theaters
(c) Bus depots
11. What kind of army does King build?
(a) A guerilla army
(b) A violent army
(c) A non-violent army
(d) A terrorist army
12. Why does Robert Kennedy begin to shy away from King?
(a) To win southern white votes
(b) To perserve his brother's presidency
(c) To protect his family
(d) To preserve his reputation
13. How did taxi drivers try to help out the Negroes boycotting the buses?
(a) They ran over police
(b) They advertized the boycott
(c) They lowered their fares
(d) They gave free rides
14. What is King asked to write a book about?
(b) His life
(c) The Old Testament
(d) The Montgomery Bus Boycott
15. What did Johns like to talk about in his sermons?
(a) Racial discrimination
(d) World War II
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the police convict Rosa Parks of?
2. What does John share with the judge?
3. What did a group of Negroes form in 1867?
4. What was the name of the preacher who caused a scandal in 1946?
5. Which of the following people does King not choose as an advisor?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)