|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the fare increase do little to help the bus company's financial problems?
(a) People insisted on paying the old fares
(b) People stopped riding them all together.
(c) There were no Negro riders
(d) It was Christmas
2. What does Jo Ann Robinson teach at Alabama?
3. What does a newspaper assign their reporter Tom Johnson to find out?
(a) King's upbringing
(b) Corruption in the MIA
(c) Racism in the police force
(d) The power behind the MIA
4. What did Mike King's father do for a living?
(a) Shop keeper
5. Where do students march to in Nashville?
(a) The city hall
(b) The main bus depot
(c) The city clock
(d) The main train station
6. What do both candidates think will be the major issue in their presidential campaign?
(a) National debt
(d) Civil Rights
7. Where does Faubus fly to to talk to Eisenhower?
(b) Isle of Man
(d) Rhode Island
8. Why is the girl unsuitable for public scrutiny?
(a) She is mentally disturbed
(b) She is too young
(c) She is pregnant
(d) The KKK are threatening her
9. Who has dinner with the Freedom Riders when they arrive in Atlanta?
(a) Malcolm X
(b) Martin Luther King
(c) Mike King
(d) Robert Kennedy
10. Whose philosophy does Harris Wofford follow?
11. In whose yard does a bomb explode in this chapter?
(a) Rosa Parks'
(b) E.D. Nixon's
(c) Fred Grey's
(d) Martin Luther King's
12. What do the Alabama police charge King with?
(b) Tax evasion
13. What does King tell everyone to avoid as Christmas approaches?
(c) Christmas shopping
(d) The KKK
14. What political party is Levison a member of?
15. What is the name of Williams' daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state do the Freedom Riders encounter their first problems?
2. Where does King study for his doctorate?
3. Where does Bevel stage protests?
4. Where is Hartsfield the mayor?
5. Who does Kennedy select as his running mate?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)