|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bevel stage protests?
(b) Sport centers
(c) Bus depots
(d) Movie theaters
2. What did James B. Pritchard teach?
(a) The Old Testament
(b) The New Testament
(c) Negro literature
3. Who is the American President in this chapter?
4. What does the city council approve in an attempt to improve the bus company's financial troubles?
(a) Christmas shopping buses
(b) Less buses
(c) Equality of seating
(d) A fare increase
5. What political party is Levison a member of?
6. What does the waitress pour over Lewis?
(d) Orange juice
7. What does King organize to help people get to work?
(a) A carpool
(b) Horse and carts
(c) A freedom bus
(d) Freedom trains
8. What will the Democrats label King as if he does not call off plans to picket the Democratic Convention?
(a) An Uncle Tom
(b) A homosexual
(c) A murderer
(d) A thief
9. What does the police commissioner call the taxi drivers?
(a) Enemies of the state
(b) Nigger lovers
(c) Christian men
(d) A taxicab army
10. What church does Reverend A.D. Williams take over?
(b) Frederick Douglas
11. Who does Daddy King want Martin Luther King, Jr. to marry?
(c) Juanita Scott
(d) Winona Ryder
12. Who is the governor of Arkansas?
(a) Robert Kennedy
(b) James Formby
(c) Orval Faubus
(d) Jack Marshall
13. Who is the candidate for the Republicans in the 1960 presidential election?
(a) Robert Kennedy
(b) Gerald Ford
(c) Richard Nixon
(d) Lyndon Johnson
14. What did a group of Negroes form in 1877?
(b) Dexter Avenue Baptist Church
(c) Black Power
(d) Maryland Baptist Group
15. Who does Powell say he will claim King is having an affair with?
(a) Malcolm X
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did King's four friends go on trial?
2. What did Truman desegregate in the Forties?
3. What African country does King fly to?
4. What did the manager turn on with Lewis and Bevel locked inside the restaurant?
5. What did Johns begin to sell on the streets?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)