|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jo Ann Robinson teach at Alabama?
2. What is King asked to write a book about?
(a) The Montgomery Bus Boycott
(b) The Old Testament
(c) His life
3. Where is Juanita Sellers from?
(a) New York
(c) New Orleans
4. In what state does Robert Kennedy make a speech in this chapter?
(a) North Carolina
(b) South Carolina
(c) New York
5. What does the police commissioner call the taxi drivers?
(a) Enemies of the state
(b) Nigger lovers
(c) A taxicab army
(d) Christian men
6. What do the courts accuse King of not paying taxes for?
(a) Income earned from Civil Rights work
(b) Income earned from preaching
(c) Income earned from writing
(d) Income earned from lecturing
7. Who is Martin Luther King competing for a position at Dexter church with?
(a) Walter McCall
(b) Alan McNamus
(c) Vernon Johns
(d) Jack White
8. What kind of army does King build?
(a) A non-violent army
(b) A guerilla army
(c) A terrorist army
(d) A violent army
9. What was Levison's job?
(b) Coal miner
(d) Factory manager
10. Who has dinner with the Freedom Riders when they arrive in Atlanta?
(a) Robert Kennedy
(b) Malcolm X
(c) Mike King
(d) Martin Luther King
11. What did the Dexter Avenue Church find it difficult to find?
(a) A church
(c) A congregation
(d) Suitable preachers
12. What did Mike King's father do for a living?
(c) Shop keeper
13. Who does Daddy King want Martin Luther King, Jr. to marry?
(b) Juanita Scott
(c) Winona Ryder
14. Who does Nixon choose as his running mate?
(a) Gerald Ford
(b) Lyndon Johnson
(c) Henry Cabot Lodge
(d) Henry Kissinger
15. What was King given a twelve-month suspended sentence for?
(a) Traffic violations
(b) Stealing food
(d) Driving with an out-of-state license
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Robert Kennedy begin to shy away from King?
2. Where does King receive an offer to teach?
3. What was the name of the preacher who caused a scandal in 1946?
4. What does the black driver do when a black girl refuses to give up her seat for a white person?
5. What did a group of Negroes form in 1877?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)