|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did James B. Pritchard teach?
(a) Negro literature
(c) The Old Testament
(d) The New Testament
2. What did Johns begin to sell on the streets?
(a) Fruits and vegetables
3. Who does John Kennedy offer his support to in this chapter?
(d) Coretta King
4. In whose yard does a bomb explode in this chapter?
(a) E.D. Nixon's
(b) Fred Grey's
(c) Martin Luther King's
(d) Rosa Parks'
5. Where is Hartsfield the mayor?
(c) New York
6. What does King study in his father's house in this chapter?
(a) Adolf Hitler
(b) Karl Marx
(c) Jan Hus
(d) Frederick Douglas
7. What does the Ku Klux Klan burn in front of John's lawn?
(a) A sweater
(b) A cross
(c) A kitten
(d) A photograph
8. Why did Moses drop out of graduate school?
(a) To become a Civil Right leader
(b) To travel
(c) To care for his father
(d) To care for his mother
9. Who is the American President in this chapter?
10. What kind of army does King build?
(a) A guerilla army
(b) A terrorist army
(c) A violent army
(d) A non-violent army
11. What was King given a twelve-month suspended sentence for?
(b) Driving with an out-of-state license
(c) Traffic violations
(d) Stealing food
12. What driving offense do the police arrest King for?
(a) Traffic violation
(c) Worn out tires
(d) Worn out windshield wipers
13. What political party is Levison a member of?
14. What was Williams' father's job?
(b) Coal miner
15. What does King's speech stress the importance of?
(a) Justice and love
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the preacher who caused a scandal in 1946?
2. What church does Reverend A.D. Williams take over?
3. What does Robinson's letter call to boycott?
4. What did Truman desegregate in the Forties?
5. Where do King and his supporters march to in Los Angeles?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)