Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Robert Kennedy begin to shy away from King?
(a) To protect his family
(b) To perserve his brother's presidency
(c) To win southern white votes
(d) To preserve his reputation
2. Who does John Kennedy offer his support to in this chapter?
(a) Coretta King
3. What was Williams' father's job?
(a) Coal miner
4. Where did King's four friends go on trial?
(b) New York City
(c) Los Angeles
5. What kind of commitee does the Nashville mayor appoint?
(b) All white
(c) All black
(d) All men
6. What was King given a twelve-month suspended sentence for?
(a) Driving with an out-of-state license
(b) Stealing food
(c) Traffic violations
7. Who is the governor of Arkansas?
(a) Jack Marshall
(b) Orval Faubus
(c) James Formby
(d) Robert Kennedy
8. What do the Nashville police threaten to arrest all protesters for?
(c) Breaking and entering
(d) Breach of the peace
9. What did the Dexter Avenue Church find it difficult to find?
(a) Suitable preachers
(b) A church
(c) A congregation
10. Who does Rockefeller name Morehouse College after?
(a) Dr. House
(b) Richard Morehouse
(c) Dr. Henry Morehouse
(d) Thomas More
11. Who does Robert Kennedy fear racial tension will make USA appear weak to?
(a) The Cubans
(b) The international community
(c) The British
(d) The Soviets
12. Which of the following countries does Mike King not visit on his trip abroad?
13. Where do students march to in Nashville?
(a) The main bus depot
(b) The city clock
(c) The city hall
(d) The main train station
14. Who is the candidate for the Republicans in the 1960 presidential election?
(a) Robert Kennedy
(b) Gerald Ford
(c) Richard Nixon
(d) Lyndon Johnson
15. In whose yard does a bomb explode in this chapter?
(a) Martin Luther King's
(b) Rosa Parks'
(c) Fred Grey's
(d) E.D. Nixon's
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following people does King not choose as an advisor?
2. What was Coretta Scott hoping to become after college?
3. What is King asked to write a book about?
4. What does the city council approve in an attempt to improve the bus company's financial troubles?
5. In what state does Robert Kennedy make a speech in this chapter?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)