|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Shades of Politics,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did taxi drivers try to help out the Negroes boycotting the buses?
(a) They ran over police
(b) They advertized the boycott
(c) They lowered their fares
(d) They gave free rides
2. What university did Du Bois work at?
(a) New York
3. Who is the governor of Arkansas?
(a) Jack Marshall
(b) James Formby
(c) Robert Kennedy
(d) Orval Faubus
4. What does Diane Nash refuse to do?
(a) Pay her fine
(c) Give up her seat
(d) Leave a restaurant
5. What kind of people did the Dexter Avenue Church attract?
(a) Poor people
(b) Angry people
(c) Highly intelligent people
(d) Uneducated people
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the courts accuse King of not paying taxes for?
2. What is the name of Williams' daughter?
3. Where did King and Coretta marry?
4. Who does Daddy King want Martin Luther King, Jr. to marry?
5. What do the Alabama police charge King with?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)