Chapter 1, Forerunner: Vernon Johns,
1. What did a group of Negroes form in 1867?
(a) Dexter Avenue Baptist Church
(b) The First Baptist Church of Montgomery
(c) The first Baptist Church
2. What did a group of Negroes form in 1877?
(a) Maryland Baptist Group
(c) Black Power
(d) Dexter Avenue Baptist Church
3. What kind of people did the Dexter Avenue Church attract?
(a) Uneducated people
(b) Poor people
(c) Angry people
(d) Highly intelligent people
4. What did the Dexter Avenue Church find it difficult to find?
(b) Suitable preachers
(c) A church
(d) A congregation
5. What was the name of the preacher who caused a scandal in 1946?
(a) Samuel Kitten
(b) Davis Love
(c) Vernon Johns
(d) Mike King
6. What did Truman desegregate in the Forties?
(b) The armed forces
(d) Major cities
7. What did Johns like to talk about in his sermons?
(c) Racial discrimination
(d) World War II
8. What did Johns begin to sell on the streets?
(a) Fruits and vegetables
This section contains 3,337 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)