• The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Martinez, Victor. Parrot in the Oven: Mi Vida. Harper Collins Publishers, 2005. E-book.
• The fictional narrative takes the form of a first-person account from the main character Manny's point of view and is written in past tense.
• Manny's brother Nardo moved through a plethora of different jobs the summer in which the narrative begins.
• Nardo was a dishwasher, a busboy, a parking attendant, and a short order cook but lost all of these jobs in various ways, including his own irregular attendance at one job, his boss's hatred of him in another job, and the owner moving to Canada caused him to lose another job.
• The only job Nardo really cared about losing was his position as a busboy at a fancy country club since he got to be around rich people and see...
This section contains 8,334 words
(approx. 28 pages at 300 words per page)