|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What doesn't Luke like on his hamburger?
2. Why is the association of friends of the Balzar hesitant to support the waiters in their walkout?
3. What drug does Gopnik compare Barney to?
4. What is Gopnik's opinion of Mitterrand's grand projects such as the library?
5. Who dresses the baby in Like a King?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Gopnik highlight the theme of observation, and how does he connect this theme with the importance of writing?
Essay Topic 2
What is the tone of "Paris to the Moon" and what literary tools does Gopnik use to create this tone?
Essay Topic 3
Identify at least three instance where Gopnik uses objects or places as symbols, and discuss how he creates the symbolism and uses it accentuate themes.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)