Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Martha's doctor tell her to do when she is gaining weight in her pregnancy?
2. Where does Adam go to fill out the birth certificate for Olivia?
3. Why does Luke refuse to enter the Barthelemy on rue de Grenelle?
4. How old is the Rookie when he is discovered in 1908?
5. What is the name of the American author of the cookbook, which includes some recipes from the Balzar?
How does Gopnik highlight the theme of observation, and how does he connect this theme with the importance of writing?
Discuss the point of view utilized by Adam Gopnik in "Paris to the Moon". As this was a deliberate choice discuss why Gopnik may have selected the view he did and how the view employed was effective in the development of important themes. Make sure and specific textual examples to support your assertions.
What is Adam Gopnik's writing style? Discuss both the mechanical aspect of his writing and his "voice" throughout the novel. Make sure and discuss what literary tools and devices he relies on most and what specific parts of the text reflect his voice.
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)