|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What movies does Luke form an attachment to in Barney?
2. What sound awakens Gopnik on his first morning at home on the Left Bank?
3. At the end of The Rookie, what does Luke ask for, for his birthday?
4. What doesn't Luke like on his hamburger?
5. What drug does Gopnik compare Barney to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify at least three extended metaphors included in "Paris to the Moon" and discuss how Gopnik establishes them and uses them to contribute to thematic patterning.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how "Paris to the Moon" explores the issue of media and how simulated events contrast with reality. Include in your essay and explanation of Gopnik's statement that, "There is no Regulon in the Semiosphere."
Essay Topic 3
How does the inclusion of current events in "Paris to the Moon" make Gopnik's theme more relevant to contemporary society?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)