|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What doesn't Luke like on his hamburger?
2. What does Martha's doctor tell her to do when she is gaining weight in her pregnancy?
3. What surprise do the Gopnik's receive at Christmas in A Machine to Draw the World?
4. Where is the clinic where the Gopniks go to have their baby?
5. What sickness does Luke contract in A Machine to Draw the World?
Essay Topic 1
How does the inclusion of current events in "Paris to the Moon" make Gopnik's theme more relevant to contemporary society?
Essay Topic 2
How does Gopnik use descriptive detail to further the story and strengthen themes? What types of imagery and expository statements does he use to create descriptive detail?
Essay Topic 3
What is the tone of "Paris to the Moon" and what literary tools does Gopnik use to create this tone?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)