|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Martha happy her little girl will be born in Paris rather than New York?
2. Why is the association of friends of the Balzar hesitant to support the waiters in their walkout?
3. At the end of The Rookie, what does Luke ask for, for his birthday?
4. Where do the friends of the Balzar meet in November before their breakfast with Bucher to talk strategy?
5. What is the most important lesson Gopnik has learned in Paris.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Gopnik utilize literary framing devices in "Paris to the Moon" and is he effective in using them. Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How does Gopnik illustrate the French penchant for over-dramatization and what does he delineate is the cause for their melodramatic ways?
Essay Topic 3
How does Gopnik highlight the them of transparency in "Paris to the Moon" and what specific French political stories does he draw on to communicate this theme?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)