|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political figure does Gopnik compare Barney to?
2. Where did Gopnik first hear the term "lessons from things."
3. Which is not one of the menu items of the Balzar listed in The Balzar Wars?
4. What news do the Gopnik's receive in April in A Machine to draw the World?
5. What is the name of the real life pitcher that Gopnik includes in his bedtime story, The Rookie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the tone of "Paris to the Moon" and what literary tools does Gopnik use to create this tone?
Essay Topic 2
How does Gopnik use descriptive detail to further the story and strengthen themes? What types of imagery and expository statements does he use to create descriptive detail?
Essay Topic 3
Identify at least three extended metaphors included in "Paris to the Moon" and discuss how Gopnik establishes them and uses them to contribute to thematic patterning.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)