|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Adam go to fill out the birth certificate for Olivia?
2. What is the name of the poet who wrote about the wrapping of a sugar cube?
3. What news do the Gopnik's receive in April in A Machine to draw the World?
4. What drug does Gopnik compare Barney to?
5. How old is the Rookie when he is discovered in 1908?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the narrative of "Paris to the Moon" organized, and how does the organization of the book lend itself to the creating of themes?
Essay Topic 2
Gopnik claims that he aims to examine the macro through the lens of the micro in his observation of daily French life. Describe how he does this throughout the book using at least three specific examples from the text and describing what overarching themes are established through small anecdotes.
Essay Topic 3
How does Gopnik illustrate the French penchant for over-dramatization and what does he delineate is the cause for their melodramatic ways?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)