Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Martha's doctor tell her to do when she is gaining weight in her pregnancy?
2. Where does Adam go to fill out the birth certificate for Olivia?
3. Why does Luke refuse to enter the Barthelemy on rue de Grenelle?
4. How old is the Rookie when he is discovered in 1908?
5. What is the name of the American author of the cookbook, which includes some recipes from the Balzar?
Essay Topic 1
How does Gopnik highlight the theme of observation, and how does he connect this theme with the importance of writing?
Essay Topic 2
How does Gopnik use descriptive detail to further the story and strengthen themes? What types of imagery and expository statements does he use to create descriptive detail?
Essay Topic 3
Identify at least three extended metaphors included in "Paris to the Moon" and discuss how Gopnik establishes them and uses them to contribute to thematic patterning.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)