|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Gopnik, what is the unforgiving idol of New York?
2. What is the most important lesson Gopnik has learned in Paris.
3. How much money does Gopnik agree to commit to the Friends of the Balzar to keep the brasserie open?
4. Which is not one of the players for the French soccer team mentioned in The World Cup?
5. What goal does Gopnik set in The World Cup?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify at least three instance where Gopnik uses objects or places as symbols, and discuss how he creates the symbolism and uses it accentuate themes.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Gopnik establishes the setting of Paris in the novel and how the setting contributes to the plot and themes introduced in the book.
Essay Topic 3
How does Gopnik highlight the them of transparency in "Paris to the Moon" and what specific French political stories does he draw on to communicate this theme?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)