|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Gopnik's receive when they leave the sonogram visit?
2. When the clinic is locked upon the Gopnik's arrival, who opens the door?
3. What is the most important lesson Gopnik has learned in Paris.
4. What sickness does Luke contract in A Machine to Draw the World?
5. How many weeks of vacation are the French people guaranteed by law?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the inclusion of current events in "Paris to the Moon" make Gopnik's theme more relevant to contemporary society?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how "Paris to the Moon" explores the issue of media and how simulated events contrast with reality. Include in your essay and explanation of Gopnik's statement that, "There is no Regulon in the Semiosphere."
Essay Topic 3
Identify at least three instance where Gopnik uses objects or places as symbols, and discuss how he creates the symbolism and uses it accentuate themes.
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)