|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the young publisher who gives a speech at the Balzar that gets media coverage?
2. Which is not one of the menu items of the Balzar listed in The Balzar Wars?
3. Where did Gopnik first hear the term "lessons from things."
4. Who dresses the baby in Like a King?
5. Where does Adam go to fill out the birth certificate for Olivia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Gopnik use descriptive detail to further the story and strengthen themes? What types of imagery and expository statements does he use to create descriptive detail?
Essay Topic 2
How is the theme of fashion displayed in "Paris to the Moon" and how does Gopnik draw attention to the query, what makes something fashionable?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Gopnik establishes the setting of Paris in the novel and how the setting contributes to the plot and themes introduced in the book.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)