|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Martha's doctor tell her to do when she is gaining weight in her pregnancy?
2. Where does Adam go to fill out the birth certificate for Olivia?
3. Why does Luke refuse to enter the Barthelemy on rue de Grenelle?
4. How old is the Rookie when he is discovered in 1908?
5. What is the name of the American author of the cookbook, which includes some recipes from the Balzar?
Essay Topic 1
How does Gopnik establish the dichotomy between French and American thought in the novel? Illustrate it through at least three anecdotes?
Essay Topic 2
How is thematic patterning evident in "Paris to the Moon" and how does Gopnik orchestrate themes to create an overarching meaning?
Essay Topic 3
What is Adam Gopnik's writing style? Discuss both the mechanical aspect of his writing and his "voice" throughout the novel. Make sure and discuss what literary tools and devices he relies on most and what specific parts of the text reflect his voice.
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)