|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Martha's doctor tell her to do when she is gaining weight in her pregnancy?
2. Where does Adam go to fill out the birth certificate for Olivia?
3. Why does Luke refuse to enter the Barthelemy on rue de Grenelle?
4. How old is the Rookie when he is discovered in 1908?
5. What is the name of the American author of the cookbook, which includes some recipes from the Balzar?
Essay Topic 1
Identify at least three extended metaphors included in "Paris to the Moon" and discuss how Gopnik establishes them and uses them to contribute to thematic patterning.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how "Paris to the Moon" explores the issue of media and how simulated events contrast with reality. Include in your essay and explanation of Gopnik's statement that, "There is no Regulon in the Semiosphere."
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Gopnik establishes the setting of Paris in the novel and how the setting contributes to the plot and themes introduced in the book.
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)