|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What goal does Gopnik set in The World Cup?
2. Why is the association of friends of the Balzar hesitant to support the waiters in their walkout?
3. How does Gopnik usually begin cooking?
4. How much money does Gopnik agree to commit to the Friends of the Balzar to keep the brasserie open?
5. Who dresses the baby in Like a King?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the French cooking tradition differ from the American cooking tradition and how does this translate to the French appreciation of food?
Essay Topic 2
How does Gopnik utilize literary framing devices in "Paris to the Moon" and is he effective in using them. Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How does Gopnik illustrate the French penchant for over-dramatization and what does he delineate is the cause for their melodramatic ways?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)