|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the clinic where the Gopniks go to have their baby?
2. What is the name of the young publisher who gives a speech at the Balzar that gets media coverage?
3. What response do Luke's French friend have to Barney?
4. Which is not one of the girls from Luke's two-year old gym class mentioned in Barney?
5. What does Gopnik bring back from his New York business trip to share with Luke in The Rookie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the theme of fashion displayed in "Paris to the Moon" and how does Gopnik draw attention to the query, what makes something fashionable?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the point of view utilized by Adam Gopnik in "Paris to the Moon". As this was a deliberate choice discuss why Gopnik may have selected the view he did and how the view employed was effective in the development of important themes. Make sure and specific textual examples to support your assertions.
Essay Topic 3
How does Gopnik illustrate the French penchant for over-dramatization and what does he delineate is the cause for their melodramatic ways?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)