|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Martha happy her little girl will be born in Paris rather than New York?
2. What is the name of the man who purchases the Balzar?
3. What advice does Martha's doctor give her for after the baby arrives?
4. What does Gopnik bring back from his New York business trip to share with Luke in The Rookie?
5. Which is not one of the players for the French soccer team mentioned in The World Cup?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the theme of fashion displayed in "Paris to the Moon" and how does Gopnik draw attention to the query, what makes something fashionable?
Essay Topic 2
How is the narrative of "Paris to the Moon" organized, and how does the organization of the book lend itself to the creating of themes?
Essay Topic 3
Identify and discuss Gopnik's use of the literary tool of hyperbole, using at least three textual examples to illustrate how Gopnik employs it.
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)