|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What response do Luke's French friend have to Barney?
(a) They are completely indifferent to him.
(b) They hate him.
(c) They refuse to watch him.
(d) They like him.
2. What does the Rookie sprinkle on his ball to keep anyone from hitting it?
(a) A few tears.
(b) A frew drops of milk from his bottle.
(c) Some tea leaves.
(d) Some sand from the dugout.
3. At the end of The Rookie, what does Luke ask for, for his birthday?
(a) A beret.
(b) A baseball bat.
(c) A dog.
(d) An ID card marked as a press pass from the government.
4. Why does Adam have to go back to the apartment before Martha can receive an epidural?
(a) Martha wanted Luke to be present.
(b) He had left the paperwork there.
(c) He needed Martha's identification cards.
(d) He needed to get the telephone number for Martha's New York physician.
5. Where do the Gopnik's spend the month of August while they live in Paris?
(a) They like to stay in Paris and observe the tourists.
(b) In England.
(c) In the south of France.
(d) Back home in America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bothers Gopnik most about soccer?
2. What is the name of the restaurant that Gopnik dreams about opening that would only serve game?
3. What is the name of the man who purchases the Balzar?
4. Who dresses the baby in Like a King?
5. What political figure does Gopnik compare Barney to?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)