|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sickness does Luke contract in A Machine to Draw the World?
(c) Scarlet fever.
2. How much money does Gopnik agree to commit to the Friends of the Balzar to keep the brasserie open?
(a) 1000 dollars.
(b) 100 dollars.
(c) 500 dollars.
(d) 50 dollar.
3. What movies does Luke form an attachment to in Barney?
(c) Lucky Luke.
(d) Charlie Chaplin Films.
4. What is Gopnik's opinion of Mitterrand's grand projects such as the library?
(a) He finds them very homey.
(b) They do not impress him.
(c) He is indifferent to them.
(d) He is awestruck by them.
5. Where is Alice Waters from originally?
(a) New Jersey.
(c) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gopnik bring back from his New York business trip to share with Luke in The Rookie?
2. What political figure does Gopnik compare Barney to?
3. What was the theme song of the victorious soccer team?
4. What is Gopnik's favorite sport?
5. What is the name of the clinic that Adam and Martha chose?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)