|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who won the World Cup?
2. How many nations participate in the World Cup tournament?
3. What request did the Gopniks make from a Chinese restaurant that charmed the management?
(a) They ask them to host Luke's birthday party.
(b) They request a recipe for their orange flavored chicken.
(c) They ask for take out to be prepared for them.
(d) They ask for a picture with the chef.
4. Where is the clinic where the Gopniks go to have their baby?
(a) The sixth arrondissement.
(c) Near the Louvre.
5. Where do the friends of the Balzar meet in November before their breakfast with Bucher to talk strategy?
(a) A room at the film school.
(b) The Balzar.
(c) Mme. de Lavigne's apartment.
(d) The Cafe de Flores.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Gopnik prepare the meal for Alice?
2. What news do the Gopnik's receive in April in A Machine to draw the World?
3. What is Gopnik's opinion of Mitterrand's grand projects such as the library?
4. What is the name of the restaurant where the waiters invite Gopnik to dinner after they have left the Balzar?
5. What is the name of the batter who ties himself into a knot?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)