|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gopnik's favorite sport?
2. Where do the friends of the Balzar meet in November before their breakfast with Bucher to talk strategy?
(a) The Balzar.
(b) A room at the film school.
(c) The Cafe de Flores.
(d) Mme. de Lavigne's apartment.
3. Who bathes the baby in Like a King?
(a) Adam and the nurse.
(d) The doctor.
4. What does Bucher offer the waiters who leave the Balzar.
(a) A fat envelope.
(b) He offers them nothing.
(c) He offers them a reccommendation.
(d) He offers them a position in one of his other restaurants.
5. What news do the Gopnik's receive in April in A Machine to draw the World?
(a) They find out Luke has a terminal illness.
(b) They are told they are expecting a baby.
(c) They find out Gopnik's job is being disolved.
(d) They are told they have three months to move.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the real life pitcher that Gopnik includes in his bedtime story, The Rookie?
2. Who helps Gopnik prepare the meal for Alice?
3. What bothers Gopnik most about soccer?
4. What does Gopnik drink during his lunch with Quelin?
5. What sound awakens Gopnik on his first morning at home on the Left Bank?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)