|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the English restaurateur that Bucher threatens to sell the Balzar to?
(a) Terrence Conran.
(b) Kingsly Devon.
(c) Hal Davis.
(d) Hugh Potts.
2. What goal does Gopnik set in The World Cup?
(a) To learn every players name on the French team.
(b) To study the history of soccer before the end of the tournament.
(c) To attend at least one game of the World Cup.
(d) To watch the entire World Cup tournament.
3. What is the most important lesson Gopnik has learned in Paris.
(a) He has learned how to dress fashionably.
(b) He has learned to navigate the metro.
(c) He has learned to speak French.
(d) He has learned to cook.
4. What does Adam and Martha miss about New York in The Rookie?
(a) The carrot cake.
(b) The consensual anonymity.
(c) Central Park.
(d) The newspapers.
5. Where does Adam go to fill out the birth certificate for Olivia?
(a) He has to fax in forms to New York.
(b) City Hall.
(c) He goes to the main administration building in Paris.
(d) The nurse gives him a form at the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What team does the Rookie begin to play for?
2. What response do Luke's French friend have to Barney?
3. How many weeks of vacation are the French people guaranteed by law?
4. Where is the clinic where the Gopniks go to have their baby?
5. Who calls and tells Gopnik that things are not going well with the Balzar in A Handful of Cherries?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)