|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls and tells Gopnik that things are not going well with the Balzar in A Handful of Cherries?
2. Which is not one of the girls from Luke's two-year old gym class mentioned in Barney?
3. What advice does Martha's doctor give her for after the baby arrives?
(a) Get a night nurse.
(b) Take a vacation.
(c) Stay at home in the apartment for two weeks before going out.
(d) Get daily massages.
4. What surprise do the Gopnik's receive at Christmas in A Machine to Draw the World?
(a) Their grandparents come for a surpise visit.
(b) They are given a dog.
(c) They find a new apartment.
(d) They find out they are expecting a baby.
5. What does Gopnik drink during his lunch with Quelin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the theme song of the victorious soccer team?
2. Why is the association of friends of the Balzar hesitant to support the waiters in their walkout?
3. Where is the clinic where the Gopniks go to have their baby?
4. How many nations participate in the World Cup tournament?
5. What goal does Gopnik set in The World Cup?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)