|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the Rookie when he is discovered in 1908?
2. What is at the opening of the parade for the beginning of the World Cup?
(a) A procession of famous soccer players.
(b) A large marching band.
(c) Four inflatable dolls representing different nationallities.
(d) A gigantic soccer ball float carrying French school children.
3. What sickness does Luke contract in A Machine to Draw the World?
(d) Scarlet fever.
4. What response do Luke's French friend have to Barney?
(a) They hate him.
(b) They refuse to watch him.
(c) They are completely indifferent to him.
(d) They like him.
5. How much money does Gopnik agree to commit to the Friends of the Balzar to keep the brasserie open?
(a) 500 dollars.
(b) 1000 dollars.
(c) 50 dollar.
(d) 100 dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Gopnik first hear the term "lessons from things."
2. What color do all the obstetricians in Paris wear?
3. What is the name of the man who purchases the Balzar?
4. At the end of The Rookie, what does Luke ask for, for his birthday?
5. Where is the Rookie from?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)