|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gopnik usually begin cooking?
(a) By creating a broth.
(b) By drinking a glass of wine.
(c) By chopping onions.
(d) By peeling potatoes.
2. Where is the clinic where the Gopniks go to have their baby?
(b) The sixth arrondissement.
(d) Near the Louvre.
3. How many waiters did the Balzar have?
4. What drug does Gopnik compare Barney to?
5. Where do the Gopnik's spend the month of August while they live in Paris?
(a) In the south of France.
(b) In England.
(c) They like to stay in Paris and observe the tourists.
(d) Back home in America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Gopnik first hear the term "lessons from things."
2. What advice does Martha's doctor give her for after the baby arrives?
3. At the end of The Rookie, what does Luke ask for, for his birthday?
4. What surprise do the Gopnik's receive at Christmas in A Machine to Draw the World?
5. What is the name of the real life pitcher that Gopnik includes in his bedtime story, The Rookie?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)