|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many waiters did the Balzar have?
2. How old is the Rookie when he is discovered in 1908?
3. What does Martha's doctor tell her to do when she is gaining weight in her pregnancy?
(a) Just worry about losing the weight after the baby comes.
(b) Go on long walks.
(c) Stop eating and start swimming.
(d) Eat only fruit and vegetables.
4. Where did Gopnik first hear the term "lessons from things."
(a) It is a French school term.
(b) He heard it in the play Tartouffe.
(c) He read it in a novel.
(d) He heard it on the radio.
5. What is at the opening of the parade for the beginning of the World Cup?
(a) A gigantic soccer ball float carrying French school children.
(b) A procession of famous soccer players.
(c) A large marching band.
(d) Four inflatable dolls representing different nationallities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the restaurant where the waiters invite Gopnik to dinner after they have left the Balzar?
2. What is Gopnik's opinion of Mitterrand's grand projects such as the library?
3. What is the name of the restaurant that Gopnik dreams about opening that would only serve game?
4. What political figure does Gopnik compare Barney to?
5. Which is not one of the girls from Luke's two-year old gym class mentioned in Barney?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)