|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Martha's doctor give her for after the baby arrives?
(a) Stay at home in the apartment for two weeks before going out.
(b) Get daily massages.
(c) Get a night nurse.
(d) Take a vacation.
2. What request did the Gopniks make from a Chinese restaurant that charmed the management?
(a) They ask for take out to be prepared for them.
(b) They ask for a picture with the chef.
(c) They ask them to host Luke's birthday party.
(d) They request a recipe for their orange flavored chicken.
3. Why is Martha happy her little girl will be born in Paris rather than New York?
(a) Because her friends in New York all have two boys.
(b) Because she dislikes the hospitals in New York.
(c) Because she wants an excuse to name her daughter Paris.
(d) Because she is excited for the longer French hospital stay.
4. What profession does Antoine Jacobsohn hold?
(a) He is an agricultural scientist.
(b) He is a food critic.
(c) He is a chef.
(d) He is a restaurant owner.
5. Where is the Rookie from?
(a) Somwhere, France.
(b) Anywhere, USA.
(c) Paris, France.
(d) New York, USA.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the clinic is locked upon the Gopnik's arrival, who opens the door?
2. Where is the clinic where the Gopniks go to have their baby?
3. Which is not one of the players for the French soccer team mentioned in The World Cup?
4. What news do the Gopnik's receive in April in A Machine to draw the World?
5. What is the name of the American author of the cookbook, which includes some recipes from the Balzar?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)