|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What response do Luke's French friend have to Barney?
(a) They like him.
(b) They are completely indifferent to him.
(c) They refuse to watch him.
(d) They hate him.
2. What advice does Martha's doctor give her for after the baby arrives?
(a) Get a night nurse.
(b) Get daily massages.
(c) Stay at home in the apartment for two weeks before going out.
(d) Take a vacation.
3. What political figure does Gopnik compare Barney to?
(a) Joseph McCarthy.
(c) George Bush.
(d) Bill Clinton.
4. What position did the Rookie play?
(a) First Baseman.
(c) Short stop.
5. Who helps Gopnik prepare the meal for Alice?
(a) His wife Martha.
(b) Elise Chartreuse.
(c) Antoine Jacobsohn.
(d) Susan Herrmann Loomis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What team does the Rookie begin to play for?
2. What is the name of the real life pitcher that Gopnik includes in his bedtime story, The Rookie?
3. What is the name of the batter who ties himself into a knot?
4. What is the name of the young publisher who gives a speech at the Balzar that gets media coverage?
5. How many waiters did the Balzar have?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)