|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Adam go to fill out the birth certificate for Olivia?
(a) The nurse gives him a form at the hospital.
(b) He has to fax in forms to New York.
(c) City Hall.
(d) He goes to the main administration building in Paris.
2. Where do the Gopnik's spend the month of August while they live in Paris?
(a) In the south of France.
(b) They like to stay in Paris and observe the tourists.
(c) In England.
(d) Back home in America.
3. What does Martha's doctor tell her to do when she is gaining weight in her pregnancy?
(a) Eat only fruit and vegetables.
(b) Stop eating and start swimming.
(c) Go on long walks.
(d) Just worry about losing the weight after the baby comes.
4. Who bathes the baby in Like a King?
(a) The doctor.
(d) Adam and the nurse.
5. What is the name of the restaurant where the waiters invite Gopnik to dinner after they have left the Balzar?
(a) Cafe du Porte.
(b) Le Mignon.
(c) Relais Beaujolais.
(d) Place Sansuit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who won the World Cup?
2. What position did the Rookie play?
3. Who calls and tells Gopnik that things are not going well with the Balzar in A Handful of Cherries?
4. Where did Gopnik first hear the term "lessons from things."
5. What is the name of the English restaurateur that Bucher threatens to sell the Balzar to?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)