|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Luke refuse to enter the Barthelemy on rue de Grenelle?
(a) He is afraid of the Butcher.
(b) He carcasses of meat scare him.
(c) He loves to play hopscotch outside the store instead.
(d) He does not like the smell.
2. Which is not one of the girls from Luke's two-year old gym class mentioned in Barney?
3. According to Gopnik, what is the unforgiving idol of New York?
(c) The Office.
4. What response do Luke's French friend have to Barney?
(a) They refuse to watch him.
(b) They like him.
(c) They are completely indifferent to him.
(d) They hate him.
5. What mistake does Gopnik make while decorating the Christmas tree in A Machine to Draw the World?
(a) He hangs the ornaments upside down.
(b) He hangs lights that do not work.
(c) He leaves off the angel.
(d) He puts the branches through the lights rather than tying them on.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ability does the Rookie have when he is discovered?
2. How many nations participate in the World Cup tournament?
3. At the end of The Rookie, what does Luke ask for, for his birthday?
4. Who dresses the baby in Like a King?
5. How many weeks of vacation are the French people guaranteed by law?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)