|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the profession of Gopnik's parents?
(a) They were artists.
(b) They were chefs.
(c) They were both writers.
(d) They were college professors.
2. What is the name of the author of Les Enfants de Saturne, who Gopnik contacts in A Tale of Two Cafes?
(a) Jean-Paul Enthove.
(b) Charles Maurras.
(c) Roger Cazes.
(d) Paul Boubal.
3. How long did the jury deliberate in the Papon case?
(a) Three days.
(b) All night.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) One hour.
4. How many remotes does Gopnik receive for his television in Winter Circus?
5. What is the name of the taxidermy shop on rue du Bac?
Short Answer Questions
1. What restaurant does Gopnik attend at the end of The Crisis of French Cooking where he has a wonderful French meal?
2. What was Papon accused of during his trial?
3. What is not one of the names suggested for the new stadium in The Rules of the Sport?
4. What is the stadium eventually named in The Rules of the Sport?
5. What magazine is Nicole Wisniak an editor for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Gopnik realize that trying to buy out the owner of the Balzar would be unsuccessful in A Handful of Cherries?
2. What request does Jerome Meyssonier make when he agrees to be taken hostage in The Chill?
3. What observation does Gopnik make about French weather reports compared to those of an American place?
4. When Adam and Martha tell friends that they are expecting a girl, what do their friends tell them?
5. How did the movement to lower the age of retirement begin in France in The Chill?
6. According to Gopnik in "Paris to the Moon", how have Americans through the generations regarded Paris?
7. What does Gopnik think the strike illustrates about the French way of coping with difficulties?
8. What did Gopnik observe of the other patrons after he dove into the pool at the Ritz?
9. What happens when Gopnik decides to finish the Rookie story?
10. How are pregnant women treated in France?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)