|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Adam's gym do to celebrate their opening?
(a) They hosted a concert.
(b) They hosted a relay race.
(c) They had a dance.
(d) The had a crepe party.
2. Where is Gopnik's fax machine made?
(a) It is made in China.
(b) It is made by France Telecom in France.
(c) It is made in Sweden.
(d) It is a U.S. machine he brought over.
3. What did Gopnik need to do before he could receive his carte de sejour?
(a) He needed to take an exam proving his language abilities.
(b) He needed to have his photograph taken.
(c) He needed to undergo a physical.
(d) He need to pay an outstanding parking ticket.
4. What is not one of the names suggested for the new stadium in The Rules of the Sport?
(a) They wanted to name it after Saint-Exupery.
(b) Place Zinedine.
(d) Le Stade Platini.
5. What was the first fashion show that Gopnik attended in France?
(a) The Gucci show.
(b) The Givenchy Show.
(c) The Valentio show.
(d) The Yves St. Laurent show.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many good soccer teams does Paris have?
2. What year did Gopnik enjoy his first stay in Paris for one year?
3. What does Nisha's spouse do for a job?
4. Where does Adam take Luke on rainy days?
5. What was Papon accused of during his trial?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Gopnik think that writing is sometimes a depressing job?
2. What type of reaction does Alice have towards vegetables at the market?
3. What prompts Gopnik to invent the bedtime story of The Rookie for his son Luke?
4. According to Gopnik, how is pregnancy and childbirth viewed differently in France from the U.S.?
5. Describe the appearance of Cressida Taylor.
6. Describe the engraving, Paris to the Moon, that Gopnik and his wife buy in Paris.
7. After Luke is born, what motivates Gopnik to move to Paris sooner rather than later?
8. What are the complaints of the waiters of the Balzar restaurant in A Handful of Cherries?
9. How did the Cafe de Flore get its name?
10. What game do the older children play at the carousel at the Luxembourg Gardens.
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)