|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Adam's gym do to celebrate their opening?
(a) They hosted a concert.
(b) They hosted a relay race.
(c) The had a crepe party.
(d) They had a dance.
2. What color of track suits do the employees of Adam's gym wear?
3. When did Gopnik and his wife go to Paris before their move there in 1995?
(a) They went there on their honeymoon.
(b) They stayed there for a week before they were married.
(c) They had never been to Paris together before the move in 1995.
(d) They lived there for their first year of marriage in 1989.
4. What did Gopnik need to do before he could receive his carte de sejour?
(a) He needed to undergo a physical.
(b) He needed to have his photograph taken.
(c) He needed to take an exam proving his language abilities.
(d) He need to pay an outstanding parking ticket.
5. What is not one of the names suggested for the new stadium in The Rules of the Sport?
(a) They wanted to name it after Saint-Exupery.
(c) Le Stade Platini.
(d) Place Zinedine.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many visits did Adam's new gym suggest he have per week for a "New York-style" commitment?
2. What magazine is Nicole Wisniak an editor for?
3. How many haute couture shows were in Paris in Couture Shock?
4. How many remotes does Gopnik receive for his television in Winter Circus?
5. How does the taxidermy shop make most of its money in Winter Circus?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Cafe de Flore get its name?
2. Why don't people buy the one thousand outfits exhibited at the haute couture shows?
3. How does the new owner of the Balzar respond to the protesters?
4. Why does Gopnik view the French as stubborn in the chapter, The Strike?
5. What does Gopnik mean by the phrase "the law of Inverse Natural Appeal" in A Tale of Two Cafes?
6. Why does Gopnik object to more transparency in France?
7. Why wouldn't the Rookie have fought in WWI?
8. How are pregnant women treated in France?
9. Why does the midwife advise Adam not to tell the cab driver that Martha is in labor when they go to the hospital?
10. What do Gopnik and Quelin discuss in their dinner together?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)