|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many haute couture shows were in Paris in Couture Shock?
2. Shortly after the problem with the tourist, why was the tower closed for several days in Trouble at the Tower?
(a) The workers went on strike.
(b) The government installed automated ticket takers.
(c) A new elevator was installed.
(d) Security cameras were being mounted on the tower.
3. How did Karen Mulder "steal the show" at the Yves Saint Laurent show?
(a) She wore a jaw dropping red dress created for her by the designer.
(b) She sat next to Georgio Armani and refused to acknowledge Christian Lacroix.
(c) She wore a see through top and covered her breats with her fingertips.
(d) She slapped Claudia Schiffer.
4. Which fashion show captivated Gopnik in the way of a "romantic cartoon," in Couture Shock?
(a) Christian Lacroix.
(b) Olivier Lapidus.
(d) Yves Saint Laurent.
5. Which nationality champions producerism, according to Gopnik?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gopnik trace the history of French cuisine to?
2. Which two American authors does Philippe Sollers debate with Gopnik?
3. After the tourist, a successful writer, formed a complaint against the tower employee in Trouble at the Tower, what action was taken?
4. What sentence was Papon given by the jury?
5. How does Gopnik's turkey in The Strike compare with his previous experiences with turkeys?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Gopnik, what is the French dream of producerism?
2. What unique action does Gopnik observe at the Valentino show in Paris?
3. What happens when Gopnik decides to finish the Rookie story?
4. How does the new owner of the Balzar respond to the protesters?
5. How are pregnant women treated in France?
6. What action do the other employees take when an employee is fired over the altercation with the British tourist in Trouble at the Tower?
7. How does Gopnik regard soccer at the beginning of The World Cup.
8. How did the movement to lower the age of retirement begin in France in The Chill?
9. When Adam and Martha tell friends that they are expecting a girl, what do their friends tell them?
10. What type of reaction does Alice have towards vegetables at the market?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)