|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the Givenchy show held in Couture Shock?
(a) At the George V.
(b) In a stadium.
(c) In the Luxembourg Gardens.
(d) In the Louvre.
2. Where is Luke's baby-sitter Nisha from?
(c) Sri Lanka.
3. When Gopnik sits on a panel in Distant Errors, who does the panel blame for the American dominance of culture?
(a) Walmart and McDonald's.
(b) The CIA and Ford.
(d) The CIA and Disney.
4. How did Karen Mulder "steal the show" at the Yves Saint Laurent show?
(a) She sat next to Georgio Armani and refused to acknowledge Christian Lacroix.
(b) She slapped Claudia Schiffer.
(c) She wore a see through top and covered her breats with her fingertips.
(d) She wore a jaw dropping red dress created for her by the designer.
5. What prevents signs and cultures from going universal?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the unemployment rate in France in The Chill?
2. When did Gopnik and his wife go to Paris before their move there in 1995?
3. What color of track suits do the employees of Adam's gym wear?
4. What did Adam listen to when he road the bicycle in The Rules of the Sport?
5. What day did the strike begin on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What unique action does Gopnik observe at the Valentino show in Paris?
2. How does Gopnik describe the video personality, Barney?
3. What happens when Gopnik decides to finish the Rookie story?
4. What game does Adam play with Luke at the Ritz pool?
5. When Adam and Martha tell friends that they are expecting a girl, what do their friends tell them?
6. Describe the appearance of the Balzar.
7. Why does Gopnik think that Prime Minister Alain Juppe was probably relieved by the Islamic terrorist bombing in Private Domain?
8. What are the complaints of the waiters of the Balzar restaurant in A Handful of Cherries?
9. According to Gopnik, what is the French dream of producerism?
10. What prompts Gopnik to invent the bedtime story of The Rookie for his son Luke?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)