|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which fashion show captivated Gopnik in the way of a "romantic cartoon," in Couture Shock?
(a) Olivier Lapidus.
(b) Yves Saint Laurent.
(d) Christian Lacroix.
2. Which area of Paris does Gopnik find his apartment in?
(a) The Seventh Arrondissement.
(b) He isn't able to find an apartment in Paris and moves to the suburbs.
(c) The Fourth Arrondissment.
(d) The Sixth Arrondissement.
3. What is the name of the movement that brought an emphasis on spices to compete with this ethic of the soil?
(a) Nouvelle cuisine.
(b) Premiere preparation.
(c) Le mode parfait.
(d) Cuisine francaise.
4. What did Adam have to undergo before he was allowed to work out on the machines at this gym?
(a) A consultation with the gym "professeur."
(b) He had to get his eyes checked.
(c) He had to have a background check.
(d) He had to pass a test on safety exam.
5. What error displays most often on Gopnik's fax machine?
(a) Bourage de papier.
(b) Pas de probleme.
(c) Pas d'identitie.
(d) Erreur distante.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shortly after the problem with the tourist, why was the tower closed for several days in Trouble at the Tower?
2. Where are most of the fashion shows held in Couture Shock?
3. How did Karen Mulder "steal the show" at the Yves Saint Laurent show?
4. After the tourist, a successful writer, formed a complaint against the tower employee in Trouble at the Tower, what action was taken?
5. What does Nisha's spouse do for a job?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are pregnant women treated in France?
2. What does interest in sports identify a Frenchman as?
3. Why are people worried that French cooking may be deteriorating?
4. What did Gopnik name his "two cafe problem" after?
5. According to Gopnik, how do the French see life?
6. Why does Gopnik object to more transparency in France?
7. What type of reaction does Alice have towards vegetables at the market?
8. According to Gopnik, why do most people love Paris?
9. How does the new owner of the Balzar respond to the protesters?
10. What are the complaints of the waiters of the Balzar restaurant in A Handful of Cherries?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)