|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Adam attending the Baudrillard seminar in Winter Circus?
(a) The Louvre.
(b) The Sorbonne.
(c) Lycee Paris.
(d) The Beaubourg.
2. After the tourist, a successful writer, formed a complaint against the tower employee in Trouble at the Tower, what action was taken?
(a) Nothing happened and her complaint was dismissed.
(b) The woman was barred from riding the tower again.
(c) The woman was credited money.
(d) The employee was fired.
3. What is remarkable about the turkey that Gopnik receives in The Strike?
(a) It was shipped from America.
(b) It is a rare breed of turkey.
(c) It has not been frozen and was raised in open air.
(d) It is extremely large.
4. How many Jews were deported to Auschwitz death camp while Papon was in power?
5. What is the name of the satirical paper that Gopnik buys every Wednesday?
(a) Le Canard Enchaine.
(b) Le Monde.
(d) Les Deux Enfants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which publication first revealed that Juppe had leased an apartment from the domaine privee of the city of Paris?
2. What did Adam have to undergo before he was allowed to work out on the machines at this gym?
3. What percentage of the population was in favor of stopping work at fifty-five in The Chill?
4. What is the name of the author of Les Enfants de Saturne, who Gopnik contacts in A Tale of Two Cafes?
5. What movie star did Gopnik and his cousin fall in love with, when they were boys?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Luke is born, what motivates Gopnik to move to Paris sooner rather than later?
2. What did Gopnik observe of the other patrons after he dove into the pool at the Ritz?
3. Why wouldn't the Rookie have fought in WWI?
4. Why are people worried that French cooking may be deteriorating?
5. What prominent American trial does Gopnik compare Papon's trial with?
6. Why does the midwife advise Adam not to tell the cab driver that Martha is in labor when they go to the hospital?
7. What happens when Gopnik decides to finish the Rookie story?
8. Describe the appearance of Cressida Taylor.
9. According to Gopnik, why do most people love Paris?
10. Why does Gopnik object to more transparency in France?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)