|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the taxidermy shop make most of its money in Winter Circus?
(a) Stuffing exotic animals from hunting expeditions.
(b) Stuffing animals for various zoos.
(c) Selling bugs and butterflies to collectors.
(d) Stuffing beloved family pets.
2. Where is Adam attending the Baudrillard seminar in Winter Circus?
(a) The Beaubourg.
(b) Lycee Paris.
(c) The Louvre.
(d) The Sorbonne.
3. What color is the marquee of the Cafe de Flore?
(a) White with green lettering.
(b) Red with black lettering.
(c) Green with gilt lettering.
(d) White with black lettering.
4. What is the stadium eventually named in The Rules of the Sport?
(a) Place Zinedine.
(b) The French Stadium.
(c) L'espirit de Sport.
(d) Le Stade Platini.
5. What was the first fashion show that Gopnik attended in France?
(a) The Givenchy Show.
(b) The Gucci show.
(c) The Valentio show.
(d) The Yves St. Laurent show.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Gopnik enjoy his first stay in Paris for one year?
2. Which is not one of the restaurants mentioned in the first chapter, Paris to the Moon?
3. Who wrote the treatise L'Horreur Economique?
4. What color of frame did the Gopniks frame their engraving of Paris to the Moon?
5. What did Adam's gym do to celebrate their opening?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the appearance of the Balzar.
2. What does interest in sports identify a Frenchman as?
3. How does Gopnik describe the video personality, Barney?
4. What prominent American trial does Gopnik compare Papon's trial with?
5. What did Gopnik observe of the other patrons after he dove into the pool at the Ritz?
6. How does the new owner of the Balzar respond to the protesters?
7. What does Gopnik think is the sublime moment in cooking?
8. What game does Adam play with Luke at the Ritz pool?
9. After Luke is born, what motivates Gopnik to move to Paris sooner rather than later?
10. What are the complaints of the waiters of the Balzar restaurant in A Handful of Cherries?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)