|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Gopnik in Distant Errors, what is the magic American word?
2. What was the first fashion show that Gopnik attended in France?
(a) The Gucci show.
(b) The Yves St. Laurent show.
(c) The Valentio show.
(d) The Givenchy Show.
3. Which is not one of the restaurants mentioned in the first chapter, Paris to the Moon?
(a) Chez Andre.
(b) Le Souffle.
(c) Le Sasilic.
(d) Chez Doux.
4. What percentage of the population was in favor of stopping work at fifty-five in The Chill?
(a) 80 percent.
(b) 55 percent.
(c) 70 percent.
(d) 20 percent.
5. Why don't Adam and Nicole eat at Cafe de Flores in A Tale of Two Cafes?
(a) There aren't any tables available.
(b) It is unfashionable.
(c) It is too expensive.
(d) Nicole does not like the food.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Gopnik and his wife go to Paris before their move there in 1995?
2. What color is the marquee of the Cafe Deux Magots?
3. After the tourist, a successful writer, formed a complaint against the tower employee in Trouble at the Tower, what action was taken?
4. What color of track suits do the employees of Adam's gym wear?
5. Which designer created a forest-like set in Couture Shock?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Gopnik think that Prime Minister Alain Juppe was probably relieved by the Islamic terrorist bombing in Private Domain?
2. What do Gopnik and Quelin discuss in their dinner together?
3. According to Gopnik, how do the French feel about American-style sports and stadiums?
4. Why wouldn't the Rookie have fought in WWI?
5. How does Gopnik describe the video personality, Barney?
6. What did Gopnik observe of the other patrons after he dove into the pool at the Ritz?
7. Why does Gopnik view the French as stubborn in the chapter, The Strike?
8. What request did Claude Blanchot make to the association of Balzar supporters in A Handful of Cherries?
9. How do the French regard fact checking?
10. In Distant Errors, Christmas Journal 2, how does Gopnik feel about his experience of immigrating to Paris?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)