|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of The Rookie, what does Luke ask for, for his birthday?
(a) A baseball bat.
(b) A dog.
(c) A beret.
(d) An ID card marked as a press pass from the government.
2. What is the name of the clinic that Adam and Martha chose?
(a) Clinique de Liberite.
(b) Clinique Marie.
(c) Clinique Saint-Isabelle.
(d) Clinique Saint Cloude.
3. Where is the clinic where the Gopniks go to have their baby?
(a) Near the Louvre.
(d) The sixth arrondissement.
4. What is the name of the restaurant where the waiters invite Gopnik to dinner after they have left the Balzar?
(a) Le Mignon.
(b) Place Sansuit.
(c) Relais Beaujolais.
(d) Cafe du Porte.
5. How many nations participate in the World Cup tournament?
6. What does Adam and Martha miss about New York in The Rookie?
(a) The newspapers.
(b) Central Park.
(c) The consensual anonymity.
(d) The carrot cake.
7. What color do all the obstetricians in Paris wear?
8. What bothers Gopnik most about soccer?
(a) The faking of injuries.
(b) The low scores.
(c) The lack of action.
(d) The commentators.
9. How many weeks of vacation are the French people guaranteed by law?
10. Where did Gopnik first hear the term "lessons from things."
(a) It is a French school term.
(b) He heard it on the radio.
(c) He read it in a novel.
(d) He heard it in the play Tartouffe.
11. Why is Martha happy her little girl will be born in Paris rather than New York?
(a) Because her friends in New York all have two boys.
(b) Because she is excited for the longer French hospital stay.
(c) Because she dislikes the hospitals in New York.
(d) Because she wants an excuse to name her daughter Paris.
12. Where is the Rookie from?
(a) New York, USA.
(b) Paris, France.
(c) Anywhere, USA.
(d) Somwhere, France.
13. What does Gopnik drink during his lunch with Quelin?
14. What movies does Luke form an attachment to in Barney?
(b) Lucky Luke.
(c) Charlie Chaplin Films.
15. What is the name of the man who purchases the Balzar?
(a) Jean-Paul Bucher.
(b) Lorenzo Vaentin.
(c) Jacques Chirac.
(d) Christophe Berdonne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What request did the Gopniks make from a Chinese restaurant that charmed the management?
2. According to Gopnik, what is the unforgiving idol of New York?
3. Which is not one of the menu items of the Balzar listed in The Balzar Wars?
4. What does Gopnik bring back from his New York business trip to share with Luke in The Rookie?
5. Who won the World Cup?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)