|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Rookie from?
(a) Anywhere, USA.
(b) Paris, France.
(c) Somwhere, France.
(d) New York, USA.
2. What position did the Rookie play?
(b) First Baseman.
(d) Short stop.
3. How does Gopnik usually begin cooking?
(a) By creating a broth.
(b) By chopping onions.
(c) By drinking a glass of wine.
(d) By peeling potatoes.
4. What ability does the Rookie have when he is discovered?
(a) He can throw stones with surprising accuracy.
(b) He can see a fly from one hundred yards away.
(c) He can run faster than boys twice his age.
(d) He can catch all types of balls.
5. What is the name of the English restaurateur that Bucher threatens to sell the Balzar to?
(a) Kingsly Devon.
(b) Hal Davis.
(c) Hugh Potts.
(d) Terrence Conran.
6. Where is Alice Waters from originally?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New Jersey.
(d) New York.
7. How much money does Gopnik agree to commit to the Friends of the Balzar to keep the brasserie open?
(a) 50 dollar.
(b) 1000 dollars.
(c) 500 dollars.
(d) 100 dollars.
8. What does Bucher offer the waiters who leave the Balzar.
(a) A fat envelope.
(b) He offers them a reccommendation.
(c) He offers them a position in one of his other restaurants.
(d) He offers them nothing.
9. When the clinic is locked upon the Gopnik's arrival, who opens the door?
(a) A janitor.
(b) A sleepy midwife.
(c) The owner of the clinic.
10. What is the name of the poet who wrote about the wrapping of a sugar cube?
(a) Stephane Mallarme.
(b) T.S. Eliot.
(c) Guillaume Apollinaire.
(d) Victor Hugo.
11. Why is Alice in Paris?
(a) She is opening a restaurant at the Louvre.
(b) She is a receiving an award.
(c) She is visiting Adam.
(d) She is learning a new pastry technique.
12. Where is the clinic where the Gopniks go to have their baby?
(b) Near the Louvre.
(c) The sixth arrondissement.
13. What advice does Martha's doctor give her for after the baby arrives?
(a) Stay at home in the apartment for two weeks before going out.
(b) Get a night nurse.
(c) Get daily massages.
(d) Take a vacation.
14. What was the theme song of the victorious soccer team?
(a) We Will Rock You.
(b) We Stand Triumphant.
(c) Queen's We Are the Champions.
(d) La Marseillaise.
15. Why is the association of friends of the Balzar hesitant to support the waiters in their walkout?
(a) They are worried about retaliation.
(b) They don't want their favorite restaurant to be closed.
(c) They do not feel that it will work.
(d) They don't want to openly ruin their arrangement with Bucher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Luke refuse to enter the Barthelemy on rue de Grenelle?
2. What color do all the obstetricians in Paris wear?
3. What doesn't Luke like on his hamburger?
4. What does Martha's doctor tell her to do when she is gaining weight in her pregnancy?
5. What does the Rookie sprinkle on his ball to keep anyone from hitting it?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)