|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gopnik drink during his lunch with Quelin?
2. What is the name of the restaurant where the waiters invite Gopnik to dinner after they have left the Balzar?
(a) Le Mignon.
(b) Place Sansuit.
(c) Cafe du Porte.
(d) Relais Beaujolais.
3. Which is not one of the menu items of the Balzar listed in The Balzar Wars?
(b) Croque Monsieur.
(c) Pommes frites.
(d) Grilled Salmon.
4. What ability does the Rookie have when he is discovered?
(a) He can see a fly from one hundred yards away.
(b) He can run faster than boys twice his age.
(c) He can catch all types of balls.
(d) He can throw stones with surprising accuracy.
5. What was the theme song of the victorious soccer team?
(a) We Will Rock You.
(b) Queen's We Are the Champions.
(c) La Marseillaise.
(d) We Stand Triumphant.
6. What profession does Antoine Jacobsohn hold?
(a) He is a chef.
(b) He is a restaurant owner.
(c) He is an agricultural scientist.
(d) He is a food critic.
7. What news do the Gopnik's receive in April in A Machine to draw the World?
(a) They find out Gopnik's job is being disolved.
(b) They are told they have three months to move.
(c) They find out Luke has a terminal illness.
(d) They are told they are expecting a baby.
8. What is the name of the young publisher who gives a speech at the Balzar that gets media coverage?
(a) Maurice Revelli.
(b) Andre Bertillini.
(c) Jacques D'Artere.
(d) Lorenzo Valentin.
9. What bothers Gopnik most about soccer?
(a) The commentators.
(b) The faking of injuries.
(c) The low scores.
(d) The lack of action.
10. What is the name of the poet who wrote about the wrapping of a sugar cube?
(a) Guillaume Apollinaire.
(b) T.S. Eliot.
(c) Stephane Mallarme.
(d) Victor Hugo.
11. What doesn't Luke like on his hamburger?
12. What is at the opening of the parade for the beginning of the World Cup?
(a) A gigantic soccer ball float carrying French school children.
(b) Four inflatable dolls representing different nationallities.
(c) A procession of famous soccer players.
(d) A large marching band.
13. What is Gopnik's favorite sport?
14. What request did the Gopniks make from a Chinese restaurant that charmed the management?
(a) They ask for take out to be prepared for them.
(b) They ask them to host Luke's birthday party.
(c) They request a recipe for their orange flavored chicken.
(d) They ask for a picture with the chef.
15. What is the name of the English restaurateur that Bucher threatens to sell the Balzar to?
(a) Kingsly Devon.
(b) Hal Davis.
(c) Hugh Potts.
(d) Terrence Conran.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Gopnik braise a lamb for, when he prepares dinner for Waters?
2. When the clinic is locked upon the Gopnik's arrival, who opens the door?
3. Where do the friends of the Balzar meet in November before their breakfast with Bucher to talk strategy?
4. Where is the clinic where the Gopniks go to have their baby?
5. Where did Gopnik first hear the term "lessons from things."
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)