|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bothers Gopnik most about soccer?
(a) The low scores.
(b) The commentators.
(c) The faking of injuries.
(d) The lack of action.
2. Why is the association of friends of the Balzar hesitant to support the waiters in their walkout?
(a) They don't want their favorite restaurant to be closed.
(b) They are worried about retaliation.
(c) They don't want to openly ruin their arrangement with Bucher.
(d) They do not feel that it will work.
3. What is the name of the English restaurateur that Bucher threatens to sell the Balzar to?
(a) Terrence Conran.
(b) Kingsly Devon.
(c) Hal Davis.
(d) Hugh Potts.
4. How long does Gopnik braise a lamb for, when he prepares dinner for Waters?
(a) Twenty minutes.
(b) Sixteen hours.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Seven hours.
5. What drug does Gopnik compare Barney to?
6. What was the theme song of the victorious soccer team?
(a) La Marseillaise.
(b) We Stand Triumphant.
(c) We Will Rock You.
(d) Queen's We Are the Champions.
7. Who dresses the baby in Like a King?
(b) The doctor.
(d) The nurse.
8. When the clinic is locked upon the Gopnik's arrival, who opens the door?
(a) A janitor.
(b) A sleepy midwife.
(c) The owner of the clinic.
9. Why does Luke refuse to enter the Barthelemy on rue de Grenelle?
(a) He loves to play hopscotch outside the store instead.
(b) He is afraid of the Butcher.
(c) He does not like the smell.
(d) He carcasses of meat scare him.
10. What sound awakens Gopnik on his first morning at home on the Left Bank?
(a) The humm of the French radio.
(b) The drum of the city traffic.
(c) The sound of organ music.
(d) The neighbors listening to Mozart.
11. What is the name of the poet who wrote about the wrapping of a sugar cube?
(a) Guillaume Apollinaire.
(b) Stephane Mallarme.
(c) T.S. Eliot.
(d) Victor Hugo.
12. Why does Adam have to go back to the apartment before Martha can receive an epidural?
(a) He had left the paperwork there.
(b) Martha wanted Luke to be present.
(c) He needed Martha's identification cards.
(d) He needed to get the telephone number for Martha's New York physician.
13. Where do the friends of the Balzar meet in November before their breakfast with Bucher to talk strategy?
(a) The Cafe de Flores.
(b) A room at the film school.
(c) The Balzar.
(d) Mme. de Lavigne's apartment.
14. What sickness does Luke contract in A Machine to Draw the World?
(a) Scarlet fever.
15. How old is the Rookie when he is discovered in 1908?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of The Rookie, what does Luke ask for, for his birthday?
2. Why is Alice in Paris?
3. What profession does Antoine Jacobsohn hold?
4. What is the name of the restaurant that Gopnik dreams about opening that would only serve game?
5. What surprise do the Gopnik's receive at Christmas in A Machine to Draw the World?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)