|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Martha's doctor tell her to do when she is gaining weight in her pregnancy?
(a) Eat only fruit and vegetables.
(b) Stop eating and start swimming.
(c) Just worry about losing the weight after the baby comes.
(d) Go on long walks.
2. Where does Adam go to fill out the birth certificate for Olivia?
(a) The nurse gives him a form at the hospital.
(b) He has to fax in forms to New York.
(c) He goes to the main administration building in Paris.
(d) City Hall.
3. Why does Luke refuse to enter the Barthelemy on rue de Grenelle?
(a) He is afraid of the Butcher.
(b) He carcasses of meat scare him.
(c) He does not like the smell.
(d) He loves to play hopscotch outside the store instead.
4. How old is the Rookie when he is discovered in 1908?
5. What is the name of the American author of the cookbook, which includes some recipes from the Balzar?
(a) William Jones.
(b) Daniel Young.
(c) Pierce Avery.
(d) Philip Chance.
6. Where do the Gopnik's spend the month of August while they live in Paris?
(a) In the south of France.
(b) In England.
(c) They like to stay in Paris and observe the tourists.
(d) Back home in America.
7. How long does Gopnik braise a lamb for, when he prepares dinner for Waters?
(a) Seven hours.
(b) Four hours.
(c) Twenty minutes.
(d) Sixteen hours.
8. How many waiters did the Balzar have?
9. Who dresses the baby in Like a King?
(c) The doctor.
(d) The nurse.
10. How many nations participate in the World Cup tournament?
11. What is the name of the clinic that Adam and Martha chose?
(a) Clinique Marie.
(b) Clinique Saint Cloude.
(c) Clinique Saint-Isabelle.
(d) Clinique de Liberite.
12. What does the Rookie sprinkle on his ball to keep anyone from hitting it?
(a) A frew drops of milk from his bottle.
(b) Some sand from the dugout.
(c) Some tea leaves.
(d) A few tears.
13. What does Adam and Martha miss about New York in The Rookie?
(a) The consensual anonymity.
(b) Central Park.
(c) The newspapers.
(d) The carrot cake.
14. Where is the Rookie from?
(a) Anywhere, USA.
(b) New York, USA.
(c) Paris, France.
(d) Somwhere, France.
15. How much money does Gopnik agree to commit to the Friends of the Balzar to keep the brasserie open?
(a) 1000 dollars.
(b) 100 dollars.
(c) 500 dollars.
(d) 50 dollar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What movies does Luke form an attachment to in Barney?
2. What sickness does Luke contract in A Machine to Draw the World?
3. At the end of The Rookie, what does Luke ask for, for his birthday?
4. What drug does Gopnik compare Barney to?
5. What is the name of the English restaurateur that Bucher threatens to sell the Balzar to?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)