|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Gopnik agree to commit to the Friends of the Balzar to keep the brasserie open?
(a) 50 dollar.
(b) 500 dollars.
(c) 100 dollars.
(d) 1000 dollars.
2. What does Gopnik drink during his lunch with Quelin?
3. What doesn't Luke like on his hamburger?
4. What profession does Antoine Jacobsohn hold?
(a) He is a food critic.
(b) He is a chef.
(c) He is a restaurant owner.
(d) He is an agricultural scientist.
5. Who helps Gopnik prepare the meal for Alice?
(a) His wife Martha.
(b) Elise Chartreuse.
(c) Antoine Jacobsohn.
(d) Susan Herrmann Loomis.
6. What is the most important lesson Gopnik has learned in Paris.
(a) He has learned to speak French.
(b) He has learned how to dress fashionably.
(c) He has learned to cook.
(d) He has learned to navigate the metro.
7. Which is not one of the players for the French soccer team mentioned in The World Cup?
8. Why does Luke refuse to enter the Barthelemy on rue de Grenelle?
(a) He loves to play hopscotch outside the store instead.
(b) He is afraid of the Butcher.
(c) He carcasses of meat scare him.
(d) He does not like the smell.
9. What does Gopnik bring back from his New York business trip to share with Luke in The Rookie?
(a) A video game of baseball.
(b) New mitts and baseball bats.
(c) A PBS series on baseball.
(d) A collection of baseball cards.
10. Who dresses the baby in Like a King?
(c) The doctor.
(d) The nurse.
11. Where is Alice Waters from originally?
(a) New Jersey.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
12. What does Bucher offer the waiters who leave the Balzar.
(a) He offers them a reccommendation.
(b) A fat envelope.
(c) He offers them a position in one of his other restaurants.
(d) He offers them nothing.
13. Where does Adam go to fill out the birth certificate for Olivia?
(a) He goes to the main administration building in Paris.
(b) He has to fax in forms to New York.
(c) The nurse gives him a form at the hospital.
(d) City Hall.
14. What is the name of the American author of the cookbook, which includes some recipes from the Balzar?
(a) Philip Chance.
(b) Daniel Young.
(c) Pierce Avery.
(d) William Jones.
15. When the clinic is locked upon the Gopnik's arrival, who opens the door?
(a) A janitor.
(c) A sleepy midwife.
(d) The owner of the clinic.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of The Rookie, what does Luke ask for, for his birthday?
2. Where did Alice own a restaurant prior to her visit to France?
3. How does Gopnik usually begin cooking?
4. What does Martha's doctor tell her to do when she is gaining weight in her pregnancy?
5. Why is the association of friends of the Balzar hesitant to support the waiters in their walkout?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)