|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the clinic where the Gopniks go to have their baby?
(b) Near the Louvre.
(d) The sixth arrondissement.
2. How many nations participate in the World Cup tournament?
3. What does Adam and Martha miss about New York in The Rookie?
(a) The carrot cake.
(b) The newspapers.
(c) Central Park.
(d) The consensual anonymity.
4. Where is the Rookie from?
(a) Somwhere, France.
(b) Paris, France.
(c) Anywhere, USA.
(d) New York, USA.
5. Where do the Gopnik's spend the month of August while they live in Paris?
(a) In the south of France.
(b) They like to stay in Paris and observe the tourists.
(c) In England.
(d) Back home in America.
6. Why is the association of friends of the Balzar hesitant to support the waiters in their walkout?
(a) They don't want to openly ruin their arrangement with Bucher.
(b) They are worried about retaliation.
(c) They don't want their favorite restaurant to be closed.
(d) They do not feel that it will work.
7. What request did the Gopniks make from a Chinese restaurant that charmed the management?
(a) They ask them to host Luke's birthday party.
(b) They ask for take out to be prepared for them.
(c) They request a recipe for their orange flavored chicken.
(d) They ask for a picture with the chef.
8. What movies does Luke form an attachment to in Barney?
(c) Lucky Luke.
(d) Charlie Chaplin Films.
9. What is the name of the restaurant that Gopnik dreams about opening that would only serve game?
(a) Le Lavigne.
(b) Sur le Toit.
(c) La Chanson.
(d) Les Fauves.
10. What bothers Gopnik most about soccer?
(a) The lack of action.
(b) The commentators.
(c) The faking of injuries.
(d) The low scores.
11. Where is Alice Waters from originally?
(b) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New Jersey.
12. What is the name of the young publisher who gives a speech at the Balzar that gets media coverage?
(a) Lorenzo Valentin.
(b) Maurice Revelli.
(c) Jacques D'Artere.
(d) Andre Bertillini.
13. How much money does Gopnik agree to commit to the Friends of the Balzar to keep the brasserie open?
(a) 100 dollars.
(b) 1000 dollars.
(c) 500 dollars.
(d) 50 dollar.
14. What does the Rookie sprinkle on his ball to keep anyone from hitting it?
(a) A frew drops of milk from his bottle.
(b) A few tears.
(c) Some sand from the dugout.
(d) Some tea leaves.
15. What does Gopnik bring back from his New York business trip to share with Luke in The Rookie?
(a) A PBS series on baseball.
(b) New mitts and baseball bats.
(c) A video game of baseball.
(d) A collection of baseball cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the batter who ties himself into a knot?
2. What is the name of the poet who wrote about the wrapping of a sugar cube?
3. Where did Alice own a restaurant prior to her visit to France?
4. How many waiters did the Balzar have?
5. What profession does Antoine Jacobsohn hold?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)