|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is not one of the restaurants mentioned in the first chapter, Paris to the Moon?
(a) Le Souffle.
(b) Chez Doux.
(c) Chez Andre.
(d) Le Sasilic.
2. What day did the strike begin on?
(a) November 24.
(b) December 1.
(c) December 24.
(d) October 11.
3. What do the French insist on putting on their Christmas trees?
(a) A nutcracker hidden in the boughs.
(b) Real candles on the boughs.
(c) A series of cuts in the stem marking the day it was cut.
(d) A wooden cross at the bottom that makes it difficult to water the tree.
4. What did Adam have to undergo before he was allowed to work out on the machines at this gym?
(a) He had to pass a test on safety exam.
(b) A consultation with the gym "professeur."
(c) He had to have a background check.
(d) He had to get his eyes checked.
5. Who appointed Juppe to his position as Prime Minister?
(a) Jacques Chirac.
(b) Christine Ockrent.
(c) Edouard Balladur.
(d) He was voted in by the populace.
6. What does Nisha's spouse do for a job?
(a) He is a professor.
(b) He is a chauffeur.
(c) He is a chef.
(d) He is a doctor.
7. What error displays most often on Gopnik's fax machine?
(a) Pas d'identitie.
(b) Pas de probleme.
(c) Erreur distante.
(d) Bourage de papier.
8. How many Jews were deported to Auschwitz death camp while Papon was in power?
9. What color of frame did the Gopniks frame their engraving of Paris to the Moon?
10. How many good soccer teams does Paris have?
11. What was Papon accused of during his trial?
(a) Embezzlement of goods taken from Jewish holocaust victims.
(b) Complicity in crimes against humanity.
(c) First degree murder.
12. When Gopnik sits on a panel in Distant Errors, who does the panel blame for the American dominance of culture?
(a) The CIA and Ford.
(b) The CIA and Disney.
(c) Walmart and McDonald's.
13. What is the name of the satirical paper that Gopnik buys every Wednesday?
(a) Le Canard Enchaine.
(c) Le Monde.
(d) Les Deux Enfants.
14. What does Luke like to do outside the toy store on the boulevard Saint-Germain?
(a) Eat a giant scoop of ice cream.
(b) Ride the musical horse.
(c) Look at the window at the displays.
(d) Listen to the street performers.
15. Where was the Givenchy show held in Couture Shock?
(a) In the Louvre.
(b) At the George V.
(c) In the Luxembourg Gardens.
(d) In a stadium.
Short Answer Questions
1. What company was M. Meyssonier the president of?
2. What was the profession of Gopnik's parents?
3. Which famous writer had once been the mayor of Bordeaux, as mentioned in the chapter Private Domain?
4. What is the name of the taxidermy shop on rue du Bac?
5. What was the unemployment rate in France in The Chill?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)