|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Adam's gym do to celebrate their opening?
(a) They hosted a relay race.
(b) They had a dance.
(c) They hosted a concert.
(d) The had a crepe party.
2. How did Karen Mulder "steal the show" at the Yves Saint Laurent show?
(a) She sat next to Georgio Armani and refused to acknowledge Christian Lacroix.
(b) She wore a jaw dropping red dress created for her by the designer.
(c) She slapped Claudia Schiffer.
(d) She wore a see through top and covered her breats with her fingertips.
3. What color is the marquee of the Cafe Deux Magots?
(a) White with green lettering.
(b) Black with gilt lettering.
(c) Green with gilt lettering.
(d) White with red lettering.
4. What magazine is Nicole Wisniak an editor for?
(b) Marie Claire.
5. How many haute couture shows were in Paris in Couture Shock?
6. How does the taxidermy shop make most of its money in Winter Circus?
(a) Stuffing exotic animals from hunting expeditions.
(b) Selling bugs and butterflies to collectors.
(c) Stuffing animals for various zoos.
(d) Stuffing beloved family pets.
7. What does Nisha's spouse do for a job?
(a) He is a chef.
(b) He is a chauffeur.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is a professor.
8. How does Paris look at the time of the strike in the chapter, The Strike?
(a) It is decorated for Christmas.
(b) It is very dirty due to the sanitation workers striking.
(c) The city seems gray and drab in the wake of all the negative strike propaganda.
(d) It seems cheerful and sunny and spring is coming.
9. After the tourist, a successful writer, formed a complaint against the tower employee in Trouble at the Tower, what action was taken?
(a) The woman was credited money.
(b) The woman was barred from riding the tower again.
(c) Nothing happened and her complaint was dismissed.
(d) The employee was fired.
10. What did Adam and Martha buy from BHV, that they had to return in The Winter Circus?
(a) An iron.
(b) A toaster.
(c) A teapot.
(d) A television.
11. What is the stadium eventually named in The Rules of the Sport?
(a) The French Stadium.
(b) Le Stade Platini.
(c) L'espirit de Sport.
(d) Place Zinedine.
12. What food does Gopnik miss more than any other American food in Distant Errors?
(c) A bran muffin.
13. What book written by Juppe does Gopnik mention in Private Domain?
(c) La Tentation de Vinse.
(d) L'Affaire des logements.
14. What movie star did Gopnik and his cousin fall in love with, when they were boys?
(a) Catherine Deneuve.
(b) Audrey Hepburn.
(c) Jacqueline Bisset.
(d) Charlotte Redoux.
15. Which nationality champions producerism, according to Gopnik?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Adam listen to when he road the bicycle in The Rules of the Sport?
2. What year did Gopnik enjoy his first stay in Paris for one year?
3. What sentence was Papon given by the jury?
4. What nationality was the tourist that got off on the first platform rather than the second in Trouble at the Tower?
5. Which area of Paris does Gopnik find his apartment in?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)