|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food does Gopnik miss more than any other American food in Distant Errors?
(d) A bran muffin.
2. What is the name of the restaurant who created the complex dessert of braised tomato?
(a) Deux Magots.
(d) Cafe du Flores.
3. Where are most of the fashion shows held in Couture Shock?
4. How did Karen Mulder "steal the show" at the Yves Saint Laurent show?
(a) She wore a see through top and covered her breats with her fingertips.
(b) She sat next to Georgio Armani and refused to acknowledge Christian Lacroix.
(c) She wore a jaw dropping red dress created for her by the designer.
(d) She slapped Claudia Schiffer.
5. When Gopnik sits on a panel in Distant Errors, who does the panel blame for the American dominance of culture?
(a) The CIA and Ford.
(b) Walmart and McDonald's.
(d) The CIA and Disney.
6. What error displays most often on Gopnik's fax machine?
(a) Erreur distante.
(b) Bourage de papier.
(c) Pas d'identitie.
(d) Pas de probleme.
7. Shortly after the problem with the tourist, why was the tower closed for several days in Trouble at the Tower?
(a) The government installed automated ticket takers.
(b) The workers went on strike.
(c) A new elevator was installed.
(d) Security cameras were being mounted on the tower.
8. What did Adam and Martha buy from BHV, that they had to return in The Winter Circus?
(a) A teapot.
(b) A toaster.
(c) An iron.
(d) A television.
9. Where does Adam take Luke on rainy days?
(a) The taxidermy shop.
(b) The Ritz pool.
(c) The toy store.
(d) The Luxembourg Gardens.
10. After the tourist, a successful writer, formed a complaint against the tower employee in Trouble at the Tower, what action was taken?
(a) Nothing happened and her complaint was dismissed.
(b) The employee was fired.
(c) The woman was credited money.
(d) The woman was barred from riding the tower again.
11. How many visits did Adam's new gym suggest he have per week for a "New York-style" commitment?
(a) Once per week.
(b) Four times a week.
(c) Three times a week.
(d) Twice a week.
12. What is the name of Adam's cousin who had fled Paris for London and made a small fortune in banking?
13. Which designer created a forest-like set in Couture Shock?
(b) Yves Saint Laurent.
(c) Olivier Lapidus.
14. What is the name of the taxidermy shop on rue du Bac?
15. Where was the Givenchy show held in Couture Shock?
(a) In the Luxembourg Gardens.
(b) In the Louvre.
(c) In a stadium.
(d) At the George V.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book written by Juppe does Gopnik mention in Private Domain?
2. Which is not one of the estimates of the number of domaine prive apartments listed in the chapter Private Domain?
3. What color of track suits do the employees of Adam's gym wear?
4. What was Papon accused of during his trial?
5. What do the French insist on putting on their Christmas trees?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)