|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What company was M. Meyssonier the president of?
(a) An engineering firm.
(b) A telephone company.
(c) A sanitation company.
(d) A mortgage lending company.
2. What color of frame did the Gopniks frame their engraving of Paris to the Moon?
3. What does Luke like to do outside the toy store on the boulevard Saint-Germain?
(a) Listen to the street performers.
(b) Look at the window at the displays.
(c) Eat a giant scoop of ice cream.
(d) Ride the musical horse.
4. What did Adam's gym do to celebrate their opening?
(a) The had a crepe party.
(b) They had a dance.
(c) They hosted a relay race.
(d) They hosted a concert.
5. What is the title of the daily sports paper in France?
(c) Le Sports.
(d) Le Monde.
6. Who appointed Juppe to his position as Prime Minister?
(a) He was voted in by the populace.
(b) Jacques Chirac.
(c) Christine Ockrent.
(d) Edouard Balladur.
7. How many visits did Adam's new gym suggest he have per week for a "New York-style" commitment?
(a) Four times a week.
(b) Three times a week.
(c) Twice a week.
(d) Once per week.
8. How long did the jury deliberate in the Papon case?
(a) Three days.
(b) One hour.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) All night.
9. How many haute couture shows were in Paris in Couture Shock?
10. When Gopnik sits on a panel in Distant Errors, who does the panel blame for the American dominance of culture?
(a) The CIA and Ford.
(b) The CIA and Disney.
(d) Walmart and McDonald's.
11. What is the name of the gym Adam and Martha eventually join?
(b) Place Americaine.
(c) The Ritz health club.
(d) Regiment Rouge.
12. What position did Maurice Papon have in the Gironde department?
(a) He was a magistrate.
(b) He was the mayor of Bordeaux.
(c) He was the governor.
(d) He was the secretary general.
13. What color of track suits do the employees of Adam's gym wear?
14. What does Nisha's spouse do for a job?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He is a professor.
(c) He is a chauffeur.
(d) He is a chef.
15. What did Gopnik need to do before he could receive his carte de sejour?
(a) He needed to undergo a physical.
(b) He needed to take an exam proving his language abilities.
(c) He needed to have his photograph taken.
(d) He need to pay an outstanding parking ticket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not one of the names suggested for the new stadium in The Rules of the Sport?
2. Which workers were the first to begin a strike in the chapter The Strike?
3. Which fashion show captivated Gopnik in the way of a "romantic cartoon," in Couture Shock?
4. Shortly after the problem with the tourist, why was the tower closed for several days in Trouble at the Tower?
5. What was the unemployment rate in France in The Chill?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)