Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which fashion show captivated Gopnik in the way of a "romantic cartoon," in Couture Shock?
(a) Olivier Lapidus.
(b) Yves Saint Laurent.
(c) Christian Lacroix.
2. What is the name of the gym Adam and Martha eventually join?
(b) Regiment Rouge.
(c) Place Americaine.
(d) The Ritz health club.
3. Where are most of the fashion shows held in Couture Shock?
4. After the tourist, a successful writer, formed a complaint against the tower employee in Trouble at the Tower, what action was taken?
(a) The woman was barred from riding the tower again.
(b) Nothing happened and her complaint was dismissed.
(c) The employee was fired.
(d) The woman was credited money.
5. Who appointed Juppe to his position as Prime Minister?
(a) Edouard Balladur.
(b) Christine Ockrent.
(c) He was voted in by the populace.
(d) Jacques Chirac.
6. What sentence was Papon given by the jury?
(a) He was fined 500,000 dollars.
(b) Ten years in prison.
(c) He was given a pardon for his work for the state.
7. How much had Juppe rented his apartment to himself for?
(a) Five hundred dollars a month.
(b) Five thousand dollars a month.
(c) One thousand dollars a month.
(d) Three thousand dollars a month.
8. What is the title of the daily sports paper in France?
(b) Le Sports.
(d) Le Monde.
9. Where did Papon flee to after he was convicted?
10. According to Gopnik in Distant Errors, what is the magic American word?
11. When did Gopnik and his wife go to Paris before their move there in 1995?
(a) They lived there for their first year of marriage in 1989.
(b) They stayed there for a week before they were married.
(c) They had never been to Paris together before the move in 1995.
(d) They went there on their honeymoon.
12. What restaurant does Gopnik attend at the end of The Crisis of French Cooking where he has a wonderful French meal?
13. What did Adam listen to when he road the bicycle in The Rules of the Sport?
(a) He listens to a book on tape.
(b) Stones on his walkman.
(c) He watches CNN on the television.
(d) He listens to the conversation of those working out around him.
14. How many visits did Adam's new gym suggest he have per week for a "New York-style" commitment?
(a) Once per week.
(b) Three times a week.
(c) Twice a week.
(d) Four times a week.
15. Which nationality champions producerism, according to Gopnik?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many haute couture shows were in Paris in Couture Shock?
2. How many Jews were deported to Auschwitz death camp while Papon was in power?
3. What position did Maurice Papon have in the Gironde department?
4. What magazine is Nicole Wisniak an editor for?
5. Which two American authors does Philippe Sollers debate with Gopnik?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)