|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Luke when the Gopniks arrived in Paris?
(a) 8 months old.
(b) 4 months old.
(c) One year old.
(d) Two years old.
2. What is the name of the author of Les Enfants de Saturne, who Gopnik contacts in A Tale of Two Cafes?
(a) Charles Maurras.
(b) Paul Boubal.
(c) Roger Cazes.
(d) Jean-Paul Enthove.
3. What color of track suits do the employees of Adam's gym wear?
4. What position did Maurice Papon have in the Gironde department?
(a) He was the mayor of Bordeaux.
(b) He was the governor.
(c) He was the secretary general.
(d) He was a magistrate.
5. What is the name of the gym Adam and Martha eventually join?
(a) Place Americaine.
(c) The Ritz health club.
(d) Regiment Rouge.
6. How long did the jury deliberate in the Papon case?
(a) All night.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) One hour.
(d) Three days.
7. How did Karen Mulder "steal the show" at the Yves Saint Laurent show?
(a) She wore a see through top and covered her breats with her fingertips.
(b) She slapped Claudia Schiffer.
(c) She sat next to Georgio Armani and refused to acknowledge Christian Lacroix.
(d) She wore a jaw dropping red dress created for her by the designer.
8. Who appointed Juppe to his position as Prime Minister?
(a) Christine Ockrent.
(b) He was voted in by the populace.
(c) Jacques Chirac.
(d) Edouard Balladur.
9. Which famous writer had once been the mayor of Bordeaux, as mentioned in the chapter Private Domain?
(a) Emile Zola.
10. How many remotes does Gopnik receive for his television in Winter Circus?
11. Where did Papon flee to after he was convicted?
12. What is the name of the taxidermy shop on rue du Bac?
13. What does Nisha's spouse do for a job?
(a) He is a chef.
(b) He is a chauffeur.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is a professor.
14. What does Gopnik call the notion that Americans wanted to consume in a world where workers were hidden or dressed up as nonhumans, so as not to be disconcerting?
(a) Paris in July.
(d) Disney World.
15. What percentage of the population was in favor of stopping work at fifty-five in The Chill?
(a) 70 percent.
(b) 80 percent.
(c) 55 percent.
(d) 20 percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color of frame did the Gopniks frame their engraving of Paris to the Moon?
2. Which nationality champions producerism, according to Gopnik?
3. In what way was Gopnik worried that the strike would affect his life in the chapter The Strike?
4. How did Adam first hear about the bomb going off in the Left Bank?
5. How many visits did Adam's new gym suggest he have per week for a "New York-style" commitment?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)