|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nisha's spouse do for a job?
(a) He is a professor.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is a chauffeur.
(d) He is a chef.
2. Which area of Paris does Gopnik find his apartment in?
(a) He isn't able to find an apartment in Paris and moves to the suburbs.
(b) The Fourth Arrondissment.
(c) The Seventh Arrondissement.
(d) The Sixth Arrondissement.
3. Where was the Givenchy show held in Couture Shock?
(a) At the George V.
(b) In the Louvre.
(c) In a stadium.
(d) In the Luxembourg Gardens.
4. Which is not one of the animals mentioned in the taxidermy shop in Winter Circus?
(b) Polar Bear.
5. Where is Adam attending the Baudrillard seminar in Winter Circus?
(a) The Beaubourg.
(b) The Sorbonne.
(c) The Louvre.
(d) Lycee Paris.
6. Where did Papon flee to after he was convicted?
7. What does Luke like to do outside the toy store on the boulevard Saint-Germain?
(a) Look at the window at the displays.
(b) Ride the musical horse.
(c) Listen to the street performers.
(d) Eat a giant scoop of ice cream.
8. What did Adam listen to when he road the bicycle in The Rules of the Sport?
(a) He listens to a book on tape.
(b) He listens to the conversation of those working out around him.
(c) He watches CNN on the television.
(d) Stones on his walkman.
9. How did Karen Mulder "steal the show" at the Yves Saint Laurent show?
(a) She sat next to Georgio Armani and refused to acknowledge Christian Lacroix.
(b) She slapped Claudia Schiffer.
(c) She wore a see through top and covered her breats with her fingertips.
(d) She wore a jaw dropping red dress created for her by the designer.
10. What is the name of Adam's cousin who had fled Paris for London and made a small fortune in banking?
11. Who does Gopnik trace the history of French cuisine to?
(a) Auguste Excoffier.
(b) Julia Child.
(c) Jean-Paul LaChevre.
(d) Helene Berchtold.
12. What is the name of the taxidermy shop on rue du Bac?
13. Which workers were the first to begin a strike in the chapter The Strike?
(a) The sanitation workers.
(b) Police officers.
(c) The railroad workers.
(d) Telephone company workers.
14. What company was M. Meyssonier the president of?
(a) A sanitation company.
(b) A mortgage lending company.
(c) An engineering firm.
(d) A telephone company.
15. What magazine is Nicole Wisniak an editor for?
(a) Marie Claire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two American authors does Philippe Sollers debate with Gopnik?
2. What is the name of the satirical paper that Gopnik buys every Wednesday?
3. How does Gopnik's turkey in The Strike compare with his previous experiences with turkeys?
4. How long did the jury deliberate in the Papon case?
5. What is the name of the French economist who claimed that the U.S. economy was stagnant?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)