|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is not one of the names suggested for the new stadium in The Rules of the Sport?
(a) Le Stade Platini.
(b) They wanted to name it after Saint-Exupery.
(d) Place Zinedine.
2. Where are most of the fashion shows held in Couture Shock?
3. What nationality was the tourist that got off on the first platform rather than the second in Trouble at the Tower?
4. What was the first fashion show that Gopnik attended in France?
(a) The Yves St. Laurent show.
(b) The Valentio show.
(c) The Gucci show.
(d) The Givenchy Show.
5. Which workers were the first to begin a strike in the chapter The Strike?
(a) The railroad workers.
(b) The sanitation workers.
(c) Police officers.
(d) Telephone company workers.
6. Where is Adam attending the Baudrillard seminar in Winter Circus?
(a) The Beaubourg.
(b) The Sorbonne.
(c) The Louvre.
(d) Lycee Paris.
7. What is the name of the taxidermy shop on rue du Bac?
8. What does Gopnik call the notion that Americans wanted to consume in a world where workers were hidden or dressed up as nonhumans, so as not to be disconcerting?
(b) Disney World.
(d) Paris in July.
9. In what way was Gopnik worried that the strike would affect his life in the chapter The Strike?
(a) He was worried his apartment would be vandalized.
(b) He was worried that his telephone service would be interrupted.
(c) He was worried he wouldn't be able to use the metro for his daily commute.
(d) He was worried he would not receive a turkey he had ordered.
10. Shortly after the problem with the tourist, why was the tower closed for several days in Trouble at the Tower?
(a) The government installed automated ticket takers.
(b) The workers went on strike.
(c) A new elevator was installed.
(d) Security cameras were being mounted on the tower.
11. How does the taxidermy shop make most of its money in Winter Circus?
(a) Selling bugs and butterflies to collectors.
(b) Stuffing exotic animals from hunting expeditions.
(c) Stuffing beloved family pets.
(d) Stuffing animals for various zoos.
12. What is the name of the post-structuralist philosopher that enjoys French cuisine?
(a) Eugenio Donato.
(b) Freitz Carem.
(c) Cesar Ritz.
(d) Baroness de Rothschild.
13. Where is Luke's baby-sitter Nisha from?
(b) Sri Lanka.
14. How old is Juppe in Private Domain?
15. What prevents signs and cultures from going universal?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many remotes does Gopnik receive for his television in Winter Circus?
2. Which fashion show captivated Gopnik in the way of a "romantic cartoon," in Couture Shock?
3. Which is not one of the animals mentioned in the taxidermy shop in Winter Circus?
4. How many good soccer teams does Paris have?
5. How did Adam first hear about the bomb going off in the Left Bank?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)