|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which fashion show captivated Gopnik in the way of a "romantic cartoon," in Couture Shock?
(a) Christian Lacroix.
(b) Olivier Lapidus.
(d) Yves Saint Laurent.
2. What magazine is Nicole Wisniak an editor for?
(a) Marie Claire.
3. What was the first fashion show that Gopnik attended in France?
(a) The Gucci show.
(b) The Givenchy Show.
(c) The Yves St. Laurent show.
(d) The Valentio show.
4. Who wrote the treatise L'Horreur Economique?
(a) Viviane Forrester.
(b) Nicole Lepen.
(c) Celeste Prix.
(d) Jean Medicis.
5. According to legend, what is supposed to take the place of sports for men in France?
(a) Books and music.
(b) Work and food.
(c) Hunting and food.
(d) Sex and food.
6. How much had Juppe rented his apartment to himself for?
(a) Five hundred dollars a month.
(b) Five thousand dollars a month.
(c) Three thousand dollars a month.
(d) One thousand dollars a month.
7. When did Gopnik and his wife go to Paris before their move there in 1995?
(a) They stayed there for a week before they were married.
(b) They went there on their honeymoon.
(c) They lived there for their first year of marriage in 1989.
(d) They had never been to Paris together before the move in 1995.
8. How many Jews were deported to Auschwitz death camp while Papon was in power?
9. What is the name of the taxidermy shop on rue du Bac?
10. What is remarkable about the turkey that Gopnik receives in The Strike?
(a) It was shipped from America.
(b) It has not been frozen and was raised in open air.
(c) It is a rare breed of turkey.
(d) It is extremely large.
11. What nationality was the tourist that got off on the first platform rather than the second in Trouble at the Tower?
12. What is not one of the names suggested for the new stadium in The Rules of the Sport?
(b) Le Stade Platini.
(c) They wanted to name it after Saint-Exupery.
(d) Place Zinedine.
13. When Gopnik sits on a panel in Distant Errors, who does the panel blame for the American dominance of culture?
(a) The CIA and Disney.
(b) The CIA and Ford.
(d) Walmart and McDonald's.
14. How did Karen Mulder "steal the show" at the Yves Saint Laurent show?
(a) She wore a see through top and covered her breats with her fingertips.
(b) She slapped Claudia Schiffer.
(c) She sat next to Georgio Armani and refused to acknowledge Christian Lacroix.
(d) She wore a jaw dropping red dress created for her by the designer.
15. What company was M. Meyssonier the president of?
(a) An engineering firm.
(b) A telephone company.
(c) A sanitation company.
(d) A mortgage lending company.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appointed Juppe to his position as Prime Minister?
2. In what way was Gopnik worried that the strike would affect his life in the chapter The Strike?
3. What sentence was Papon given by the jury?
4. After the tourist, a successful writer, formed a complaint against the tower employee in Trouble at the Tower, what action was taken?
5. What color is the marquee of the Cafe de Flore?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)