Short Essay Questions Key
1. Describe the engraving, Paris to the Moon, that Gopnik and his wife buy in Paris.
2. According to Gopnik in "Paris to the Moon", how have Americans through the generations regarded Paris?
3. After Luke is born, what motivates Gopnik to move to Paris sooner rather than later?
4. According to Gopnik, how do the French see life?
5. Why does Gopnik think that Prime Minister Alain Juppe was probably relieved by the Islamic terrorist bombing in Private Domain?
6. Why does Gopnik object to more transparency in France?
7. What was the goal of the strikers in the chapter, The Strike?
8. What does Gopnik think the strike illustrates about the French way of coping with difficulties?
9. Why does Gopnik view the French as stubborn in the chapter, The Strike?
10. What observation does Gopnik make about French weather reports compared to those of an American place?
11. Describe the ancient carousel in the Luxembourg Gardens.
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)