Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - The Winter Circus—Paris to the Moon and Private Domain
1. Describe the engraving, Paris to the Moon, that Gopnik and his wife buy in Paris.
2. According to Gopnik in "Paris to the Moon", how have Americans through the generations regarded Paris?
3. After Luke is born, what motivates Gopnik to move to Paris sooner rather than later?
4. According to Gopnik, how do the French see life?
5. Why does Gopnik think that Prime Minister Alain Juppe was probably relieved by the Islamic terrorist bombing in Private Domain?
This section contains 911 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)