|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Handful of Cherries.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What goal does Gopnik set in The World Cup?
(a) To attend at least one game of the World Cup.
(b) To study the history of soccer before the end of the tournament.
(c) To learn every players name on the French team.
(d) To watch the entire World Cup tournament.
2. What sentence was Papon given by the jury?
(a) He was fined 500,000 dollars.
(b) Ten years in prison.
(d) He was given a pardon for his work for the state.
3. How many Jews were deported to Auschwitz death camp while Papon was in power?
4. Which is not one of the menu items of the Balzar listed in The Balzar Wars?
(b) Grilled Salmon.
(c) Croque Monsieur.
(d) Pommes frites.
5. What is the name of the satirical paper that Gopnik buys every Wednesday?
(a) Le Canard Enchaine.
(c) Le Monde.
(d) Les Deux Enfants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the daily sports paper in France?
2. What book written by Juppe does Gopnik mention in Private Domain?
3. What is the name of the gym Adam and Martha eventually join?
4. Which is not one of the animals mentioned in the taxidermy shop in Winter Circus?
5. What is the name of the batter who ties himself into a knot?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)