|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Handful of Cherries.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the prosecution consider Papon's sentence?
(a) They were indifferent to the sentence because the trial was more important than its outcome.
(b) They saw it as a complete failure as he was not sentenced to death.
(c) They saw it as a victory for bringing down a powerful man.
(d) The were shocked by its outcome.
2. How many haute couture shows were in Paris in Couture Shock?
3. What is the name of the gym Adam and Martha eventually join?
(a) Place Americaine.
(c) The Ritz health club.
(d) Regiment Rouge.
4. Which is not one of the animals mentioned in the taxidermy shop in Winter Circus?
(b) Polar Bear.
5. What profession does Antoine Jacobsohn hold?
(a) He is a chef.
(b) He is a restaurant owner.
(c) He is a food critic.
(d) He is an agricultural scientist.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much had Juppe rented his apartment to himself for?
2. What book written by Juppe does Gopnik mention in Private Domain?
3. What did Adam's gym do to celebrate their opening?
4. What year did Gopnik enjoy his first stay in Paris for one year?
5. What is the name of the author of Les Enfants de Saturne, who Gopnik contacts in A Tale of Two Cafes?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)