|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Handful of Cherries.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news do the Gopnik's receive in April in A Machine to draw the World?
(a) They are told they are expecting a baby.
(b) They find out Luke has a terminal illness.
(c) They find out Gopnik's job is being disolved.
(d) They are told they have three months to move.
2. Where do the friends of the Balzar meet in November before their breakfast with Bucher to talk strategy?
(a) A room at the film school.
(b) The Balzar.
(c) Mme. de Lavigne's apartment.
(d) The Cafe de Flores.
3. At the end of The Rookie, what does Luke ask for, for his birthday?
(a) A baseball bat.
(b) An ID card marked as a press pass from the government.
(c) A dog.
(d) A beret.
4. What percentage of the population was in favor of stopping work at fifty-five in The Chill?
(a) 55 percent.
(b) 20 percent.
(c) 80 percent.
(d) 70 percent.
5. What bothers Gopnik most about soccer?
(a) The low scores.
(b) The commentators.
(c) The faking of injuries.
(d) The lack of action.
Short Answer Questions
1. What food does Gopnik miss more than any other American food in Distant Errors?
2. What was Martha's profession?
3. What profession does Antoine Jacobsohn hold?
4. Which fashion show captivated Gopnik in the way of a "romantic cartoon," in Couture Shock?
5. What is the name of the post-structuralist philosopher that enjoys French cuisine?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)