|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Handful of Cherries.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ability does the Rookie have when he is discovered?
(a) He can see a fly from one hundred yards away.
(b) He can throw stones with surprising accuracy.
(c) He can catch all types of balls.
(d) He can run faster than boys twice his age.
2. How does the taxidermy shop make most of its money in Winter Circus?
(a) Stuffing animals for various zoos.
(b) Stuffing beloved family pets.
(c) Stuffing exotic animals from hunting expeditions.
(d) Selling bugs and butterflies to collectors.
3. What did Gopnik need to do before he could receive his carte de sejour?
(a) He needed to take an exam proving his language abilities.
(b) He need to pay an outstanding parking ticket.
(c) He needed to undergo a physical.
(d) He needed to have his photograph taken.
4. Which area of Paris does Gopnik find his apartment in?
(a) He isn't able to find an apartment in Paris and moves to the suburbs.
(b) The Sixth Arrondissement.
(c) The Seventh Arrondissement.
(d) The Fourth Arrondissment.
5. Why don't Adam and Nicole eat at Cafe de Flores in A Tale of Two Cafes?
(a) Nicole does not like the food.
(b) It is too expensive.
(c) There aren't any tables available.
(d) It is unfashionable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political figure does Gopnik compare Barney to?
2. At the end of The Rookie, what does Luke ask for, for his birthday?
3. What is the name of the post-structuralist philosopher that enjoys French cuisine?
4. What is the name of the batter who ties himself into a knot?
5. Which workers were the first to begin a strike in the chapter The Strike?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)