|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The World Cup, and After, The Balzar Wars.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which area of Paris does Gopnik find his apartment in?
(a) The Sixth Arrondissement.
(b) He isn't able to find an apartment in Paris and moves to the suburbs.
(c) The Fourth Arrondissment.
(d) The Seventh Arrondissement.
2. Where is Luke's baby-sitter Nisha from?
(c) Sri Lanka.
3. Which is not one of the girls from Luke's two-year old gym class mentioned in Barney?
4. What do the students want to achieve from their strike?
(a) They want smaller classes and more government subsidies.
(b) They want more government housing options for students and newer buildings on college campuses.
(c) They want better health benefits.
(d) They want more guaranteed jobs after graduation.
5. What did Gopnik need to do before he could receive his carte de sejour?
(a) He needed to take an exam proving his language abilities.
(b) He needed to undergo a physical.
(c) He needed to have his photograph taken.
(d) He need to pay an outstanding parking ticket.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Gopnik sits on a panel in Distant Errors, who does the panel blame for the American dominance of culture?
2. What response do Luke's French friend have to Barney?
3. What does Gopnik call the notion that Americans wanted to consume in a world where workers were hidden or dressed up as nonhumans, so as not to be disconcerting?
4. What movies does Luke form an attachment to in Barney?
5. What was Martha's profession?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)