|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The World Cup, and After, The Balzar Wars.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound awakens Gopnik on his first morning at home on the Left Bank?
(a) The drum of the city traffic.
(b) The neighbors listening to Mozart.
(c) The sound of organ music.
(d) The humm of the French radio.
2. What is the name of the young publisher who gives a speech at the Balzar that gets media coverage?
(a) Jacques D'Artere.
(b) Andre Bertillini.
(c) Lorenzo Valentin.
(d) Maurice Revelli.
3. What is the name of the poet who wrote about the wrapping of a sugar cube?
(a) Stephane Mallarme.
(b) Guillaume Apollinaire.
(c) Victor Hugo.
(d) T.S. Eliot.
4. How old is the Rookie when he is discovered in 1908?
5. After the tourist, a successful writer, formed a complaint against the tower employee in Trouble at the Tower, what action was taken?
(a) The woman was barred from riding the tower again.
(b) The woman was credited money.
(c) Nothing happened and her complaint was dismissed.
(d) The employee was fired.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Gopnik's fax machine made?
2. How many visits did Adam's new gym suggest he have per week for a "New York-style" commitment?
3. Why don't Adam and Nicole eat at Cafe de Flores in A Tale of Two Cafes?
4. How much had Juppe rented his apartment to himself for?
5. What is not one of the names suggested for the new stadium in The Rules of the Sport?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)