|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The World Cup, and After, The Balzar Wars.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gopnik's model of fax machine?
(a) Le Premiere fax.
(b) Le Presidente.
(c) Galeo 5000.
(d) Timprenteur 2000.
2. Where did Gopnik first hear the term "lessons from things."
(a) It is a French school term.
(b) He read it in a novel.
(c) He heard it in the play Tartouffe.
(d) He heard it on the radio.
3. What nationality was the tourist that got off on the first platform rather than the second in Trouble at the Tower?
4. Where is the Rookie from?
(a) New York, USA.
(b) Somwhere, France.
(c) Paris, France.
(d) Anywhere, USA.
5. What position did Maurice Papon have in the Gironde department?
(a) He was the secretary general.
(b) He was the mayor of Bordeaux.
(c) He was the governor.
(d) He was a magistrate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is at the opening of the parade for the beginning of the World Cup?
2. What color of track suits do the employees of Adam's gym wear?
3. When did Gopnik and his wife go to Paris before their move there in 1995?
4. According to Gopnik in Distant Errors, what is the magic American word?
5. What is the name of the restaurant who created the complex dessert of braised tomato?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)