|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Couture Shock and The Crisis in French Cooking.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Gopnik trace the history of French cuisine to?
(a) Julia Child.
(b) Helene Berchtold.
(c) Auguste Excoffier.
(d) Jean-Paul LaChevre.
2. What was Martha's profession?
(a) She was a librarian.
(b) She was a screenwriter.
(c) She was a nurse.
(d) She was a dancer.
3. What is Gopnik's model of fax machine?
(a) Galeo 5000.
(b) Le Presidente.
(c) Le Premiere fax.
(d) Timprenteur 2000.
4. What is the title of the daily sports paper in France?
(a) Le Monde.
(b) Le Sports.
5. What does Gopnik call the notion that Americans wanted to consume in a world where workers were hidden or dressed up as nonhumans, so as not to be disconcerting?
(a) Paris in July.
(b) Disney World.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Papon flee to after he was convicted?
2. Which nationality champions producerism, according to Gopnik?
3. What restaurant does Gopnik attend at the end of The Crisis of French Cooking where he has a wonderful French meal?
4. Which publication first revealed that Juppe had leased an apartment from the domaine privee of the city of Paris?
5. What gym did Adam and Martha first try out on in Paris?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)