|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Couture Shock and The Crisis in French Cooking.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way was Gopnik worried that the strike would affect his life in the chapter The Strike?
(a) He was worried he wouldn't be able to use the metro for his daily commute.
(b) He was worried he would not receive a turkey he had ordered.
(c) He was worried that his telephone service would be interrupted.
(d) He was worried his apartment would be vandalized.
2. Which designer created a forest-like set in Couture Shock?
(b) Yves Saint Laurent.
(d) Olivier Lapidus.
3. How do French intellectuals regard the affect of American culture on France?
(a) They love abstract influence from America and credit it with changing French thought.
(b) They blame America for the decline of French art and literature.
(c) They are completely indifferent with American culture and don't even know prominent American authors.
(d) They think America has no influence whatsoever on the French arts.
4. What is not one of the names suggested for the new stadium in The Rules of the Sport?
(a) Place Zinedine.
(c) Le Stade Platini.
(d) They wanted to name it after Saint-Exupery.
5. What movie star did Gopnik and his cousin fall in love with, when they were boys?
(a) Catherine Deneuve.
(b) Charlotte Redoux.
(c) Jacqueline Bisset.
(d) Audrey Hepburn.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the taxidermy shop make most of its money in Winter Circus?
2. What color of frame did the Gopniks frame their engraving of Paris to the Moon?
3. After the tourist, a successful writer, formed a complaint against the tower employee in Trouble at the Tower, what action was taken?
4. How long did the jury deliberate in the Papon case?
5. Which publication first revealed that Juppe had leased an apartment from the domaine privee of the city of Paris?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)