|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Papon's Paper Trail and Trouble at the Tower.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which area of Paris does Gopnik find his apartment in?
(a) The Seventh Arrondissement.
(b) The Fourth Arrondissment.
(c) The Sixth Arrondissement.
(d) He isn't able to find an apartment in Paris and moves to the suburbs.
2. What do the French insist on putting on their Christmas trees?
(a) A nutcracker hidden in the boughs.
(b) Real candles on the boughs.
(c) A wooden cross at the bottom that makes it difficult to water the tree.
(d) A series of cuts in the stem marking the day it was cut.
3. Why don't Adam and Nicole eat at Cafe de Flores in A Tale of Two Cafes?
(a) There aren't any tables available.
(b) Nicole does not like the food.
(c) It is too expensive.
(d) It is unfashionable.
4. What position did Maurice Papon have in the Gironde department?
(a) He was a magistrate.
(b) He was the mayor of Bordeaux.
(c) He was the governor.
(d) He was the secretary general.
5. Who wrote the treatise L'Horreur Economique?
(a) Nicole Lepen.
(b) Viviane Forrester.
(c) Jean Medicis.
(d) Celeste Prix.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Papon accused of during his trial?
2. What is not one of the names suggested for the new stadium in The Rules of the Sport?
3. What does Gopnik call the notion that Americans wanted to consume in a world where workers were hidden or dressed up as nonhumans, so as not to be disconcerting?
4. What was Martha's profession?
5. Which nationality champions producerism, according to Gopnik?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)