|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Handful of Cherries.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is not one of the menu items of the Balzar listed in The Balzar Wars?
(b) Grilled Salmon.
(c) Pommes frites.
(d) Croque Monsieur.
2. When did Gopnik and his wife go to Paris before their move there in 1995?
(a) They lived there for their first year of marriage in 1989.
(b) They went there on their honeymoon.
(c) They stayed there for a week before they were married.
(d) They had never been to Paris together before the move in 1995.
3. How many haute couture shows were in Paris in Couture Shock?
4. What did Adam listen to when he road the bicycle in The Rules of the Sport?
(a) He listens to a book on tape.
(b) He watches CNN on the television.
(c) He listens to the conversation of those working out around him.
(d) Stones on his walkman.
5. What goal does Gopnik set in The World Cup?
(a) To learn every players name on the French team.
(b) To watch the entire World Cup tournament.
(c) To attend at least one game of the World Cup.
(d) To study the history of soccer before the end of the tournament.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Gopnik prepare the meal for Alice?
2. What color of frame did the Gopniks frame their engraving of Paris to the Moon?
3. Where did Papon flee to after he was convicted?
4. What is the name of the author of Les Enfants de Saturne, who Gopnik contacts in A Tale of Two Cafes?
5. Where do the friends of the Balzar meet in November before their breakfast with Bucher to talk strategy?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)