|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: The Favors of the Moon, Which is the Real One?, A Thoroughbred & The Mirror.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator of "The Generous Gambler" do after the Devil promises him many things?
(a) He wakes up.
(b) He asks to go with the Devil.
(c) He prays to God.
(d) He laughs.
2. In "Crowds", what is the poet's gift?
(a) To be one and all.
(b) To be an observer.
(c) To be educated.
(d) To be a crowd.
3. In "The Old Woman's Despair", why does the woman visit the baby?
(a) To bless him.
(b) To bring him joy.
(c) To make sure the mother is ok.
(d) To feel less lonely.
4. In "Windows", how does Baudelaire say he feels about the legend?
(a) As if it teaches him daily.
(b) As if it saves his life.
(c) As if he has suffered for it.
(d) As if it is not true at all.
5. How many devils visit the narrator of "The Temptations: Or, Eros, Plutus, and Fame"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What or whom does the narrator of "The Clock" name Feline?
2. What does the strange man call "cake" in "Cake"?
3. In "To Arsène Houssaye", what does Baudelaire say this work lacks?
4. How does Baudelaire describe the thyrsus in "The Thyrsus"?
5. What type of moon is the woman in "The Desire to Paint" compared to?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)