|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: The Favors of the Moon, Which is the Real One?, A Thoroughbred & The Mirror.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Temptations: Or, Eros, Plutus, and Fame", what does the first demon offer the narrator?
(a) Three wishes.
(b) Unlimited wealth.
(c) To make him the lord of souls.
(d) To protect him for the rest of his life.
2. Why does the narrator want something of color from the glazier in "The Bad Glazier"?
(a) To give to his wife.
(b) To decorate his bedroom.
(c) To resell at the market.
(d) To brighten up his life.
3. What or whom does the narrator of "The Clock" name Feline?
(a) A Chinese neighbor.
(b) A dog.
(c) A woman.
(d) A cat.
4. In "Windows", what type of window does the poet say is most interesting to look in?
(a) A closed window during the daytime.
(b) A partially covered window.
(c) One lit by a candle.
(d) An open window.
5. How does the narrator of "The Clock" describe Feline?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baudelaire say happens when he watches the poor old woman in "Windows"?
2. Why does the narrator follow the woman around all day in "The Widows"?
3. What does the strange man call "cake" in "Cake"?
4. How is Fancioulle's moment of death described by the poet in "A Heroic Death"?
5. What season is it in "Vocations"?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)