|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9: A Heroic Death, Counterfeit Money & The Generous Gambler.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the fairy feel about the tradesman at the end of "The Fairies' Gifts"?
(a) She is confused by him.
(b) She is upset with him.
(c) She is in awe of him.
(d) She is frightened of him.
2. In "The Generous Gambler", what does the narrator lose to the man?
(a) The keys to his house.
(b) His soul.
(c) A horse.
(d) Half his money.
3. How does the poet describe the words "multitude" and "solitude" in "Crowds"?
(a) As being identical.
(b) As being opposites.
(c) As being painful.
(d) As being difficult to spell.
4. In "The Old Mountebank", how do the merchants try to get the customers' attention?
(a) With colorful signs.
(b) With free samples.
(c) They throw things at them.
(d) They yell.
5. In "A Heroic Death", why does the Prince want to save Fancioulle's life?
(a) Because of his performance at court.
(b) Because his lord tricked him.
(c) Because he is so young.
(d) Because he knows he is innocent.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of "At One in the Morning", how does the narrator feel about his life?
2. In "The Bad Glazier", why does the narrator suppose demons take over people?
3. What is the Devil afraid of in "The Generous Gambler"?
4. What happens to the mountebank in "The Old Mountebank"?
5. When the narrator wakes up in "The Temptations: Or, Eros, Plutus, and Fame", how does he feel about his interactions with the demons?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)