|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9: A Heroic Death, Counterfeit Money & The Generous Gambler.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Double Room", what does the narrator call the woman on the bed?
2. How does the man in "Counterfeit Money" learn that his friend has counterfeit coins?
(a) When his wife gets mad.
(b) When he tries to trade coins.
(c) When he is arrested.
(d) When he gives some to a beggar.
3. In "The Generous Gambler", what do the people in the sanctuary look like?
4. In "The Wild Woman and the Little Mistress", what bothers the narrator about the woman?
(a) She is poor.
(b) Her sister.
(c) She whines.
(d) Her clothes are dirty.
5. In "A Joker", what does the donkey do when he sees the man?
(a) The donkey goes to beg food from the man.
(b) The donkey bites him.
(c) The donkey trots on.
(d) The donkey kicks his legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Bad Glazier", why does the narrator's friend start a forest fire?
2. Why is Fancioulle's lord in "A Heroic Death" sentenced to death?
3. In "A Heroic Death", what job does Fancioulle have?
4. Why does the narrator follow the woman around all day in "The Widows"?
5. In "The Widows", what do the poor do with their grief?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)