|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9: A Heroic Death, Counterfeit Money & The Generous Gambler.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after the strange man in "Cake" has a piece of food?
(a) He throws it on the ground.
(b) Another man attacks him.
(c) He eats it quickly.
(d) The narrator takes it back.
2. What gift does the fairy give the tradesman's child in "The Fairies' Gifts"?
(a) The power to please.
(b) The gift of wealth.
(c) The gift of health.
(d) The power to love.
3. Who chooses the gifts the children receive in "The Fairies' Gifts"?
(a) The children's parents.
(b) The fairies.
(c) The children.
(d) A beast.
4. What does the narrator of "The Generous Gambler" do after the Devil promises him many things?
(a) He wakes up.
(b) He asks to go with the Devil.
(c) He prays to God.
(d) He laughs.
5. Why is Fancioulle's lord in "A Heroic Death" sentenced to death?
(a) For staging a rebellion.
(b) For printing books.
(c) For hurting a woman.
(d) For robbing the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the narrator wakes up in "The Temptations: Or, Eros, Plutus, and Fame", how does he feel about his interactions with the demons?
2. In "The Wild Woman and the Little Mistress", what bothers the narrator about the woman?
3. Why does the narrator of "The Temptations: Or, Eros, Plutus, and Fame" turn down the ability to have everything of wealth?
4. How does the man in "Counterfeit Money" learn that his friend has counterfeit coins?
5. Why does the man throw a chicken in "Evening Twilight"?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)