|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hurt Evie?
2. What is flame girl's name?
3. What does the fire woman look like?
4. What did Evie feel at the end of the night?
5. What was there no trace of in Charlotte's eyes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Evie feel bad about, looking at Charlotte and Stacey?
2. What had Reth done that enraged Evie?
3. Why wouldn't Evie call the IPCA?
4. What similarity did Evie find between Lend and his mother?
5. What had Arianna done that had given everyone such a scare?
6. How did Evie know that everything was not okay despite the lack of alarms?
7. What did Vivian tell Evie about her nature?
8. What did Evie suddenly realize when she saw David's house guests?
9. What is difficult to handle about a group of faeries?
10. How does Evie get her hopes up and how were they dashed again?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the forced sterilizations of the werewolves. Is this an ethical way to deal with any population? Why or why not? What were undoubtedly some of the consequences that the IPCA/APCA were trying to avoid?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Evie's prejudice against vampires. What specifically doesn't she like about them? How does she change towards the end of the novel, and what do you think leads to this change? How does she begin to censure her thought patterns regarding the vampires and thereby change her perspective?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the battle between good and evil throughout the novel. How does the definition of good and evil change? What does it show when Evie realizes that things aren't as simple as they seem?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)