|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had brought the fire girl back?
2. What is flame girl's name?
3. What does the fire woman look like?
4. What did the flame girl say about Evie?
5. How had Lend looked before he had asked her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Evie suddenly realize when she saw David's house guests?
2. How does Evie get her hopes up and how were they dashed again?
3. What similarity did Evie find between Lend and his mother?
4. What did Vivian tell Evie about her nature?
5. What had Evie done that had caused Reth to look truly beautiful?
6. Define the two different types of faeries.
7. What was it specifically that Evie didn't wish to remember as she fell asleep?
8. How did Lend explain that he felt with Evie? How did she feel after he had told her this?
9. What order does Evie give to Fehl?
10. What did Evie feel bad about, looking at Charlotte and Stacey?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Through essay form, give one character more depth that wasn't as developed as you would have liked. Suggest at least three ways that the character wasn't as rounded, and compare the newly improved character to the one presented in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the dissolution of the APCA into the IPCA and the reason for this merging. How does Evie's appearance in the organization change things? What specific aspects needed to be changed in order to merge the groups together?
Essay Topic 3
The faeries create two different Empty Ones to help them escape the world that decays around them. Decide whether or not this was necessary, utilizing the quotes from the book. What difference existed between Evie's mission and Vivian's mission? What does this suggest about their true purpose?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)