|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other thing do faeries really not like other than iron?
2. What does the fire woman look like?
3. What did Evie hope?
4. What could Lend do that Evie always wanted to be able to do?
5. Who does Evie realize could answer her questions?
Short Essay Questions
1. What order does Evie give to Fehl?
2. How did Evie know that everything was not okay despite the lack of alarms?
3. How did Cresseda know about Lish and what did she ask that Evie wasn't sure she could do?
4. Why wouldn't Evie call the IPCA?
5. What did Evie feel bad about, looking at Charlotte and Stacey?
6. What is difficult to handle about a group of faeries?
7. What was the purpose of Lend adopting the appearance of someone less attractive than normal?
8. What does Vivian tell Evie that upsets her so?
9. What tricks did David teach Evie about faeries?
10. Define the two different types of faeries.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The faeries create two different Empty Ones to help them escape the world that decays around them. Decide whether or not this was necessary, utilizing the quotes from the book. What difference existed between Evie's mission and Vivian's mission? What does this suggest about their true purpose?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Evie and Raquel's relationship. How is it kind of confused, and what elements lead to that confusion? How does it become clear that each feels about the other at the end?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Evie's prejudice against vampires. What specifically doesn't she like about them? How does she change towards the end of the novel, and what do you think leads to this change? How does she begin to censure her thought patterns regarding the vampires and thereby change her perspective?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)