|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nona?
2. What did Evie do on impulse?
3. What state are they in?
4. What did Lend's mother ask Evie to return?
5. What color was Evie's dress?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is difficult to handle about a group of faeries?
2. How did Lend explain that he felt with Evie? How did she feel after he had told her this?
3. Why did Evie stay back from Lend's school?
4. What had Arianna done that had given everyone such a scare?
5. What did Vivian tell Evie about her nature?
6. What did Evie suddenly realize when she saw David's house guests?
7. Why wouldn't Evie call the IPCA?
8. What tricks did David teach Evie about faeries?
9. What was it specifically that Evie didn't wish to remember as she fell asleep?
10. Define the two different types of faeries.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the forced sterilizations of the werewolves. Is this an ethical way to deal with any population? Why or why not? What were undoubtedly some of the consequences that the IPCA/APCA were trying to avoid?
Essay Topic 2
Evie and Lend become very close during his confinement in the Center. Research and discuss whether or not Stockholm Syndrome might have anything to do with their relationship. If so, what remains to be seen in future novels between Lend and Evie? If not, then suggest a reason why Stockholm Syndrome wouldn't apply here.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the IPCA's utilization of faeries. If we assume faeries exist, would it be ethical to use them in the way the IPCA does? Why or why not? What, likely, would be a rationale for the utilization of faeries instead of more conventional forms of travel?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)