|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the fire woman look like?
2. What does Lend tell Evie about Vivian?
3. What does Lend's father reveal?
4. Who had Charlotte once attacked?
5. What strange thing happened?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tricks did David teach Evie about faeries?
2. How did Cresseda know about Lish and what did she ask that Evie wasn't sure she could do?
3. What similarity did Evie find between Lend and his mother?
4. What had Arianna done that had given everyone such a scare?
5. What had Evie done that had caused Reth to look truly beautiful?
6. What does Vivian tell Evie that upsets her so?
7. What was Lend's reaction to Evie's confession?
8. What was it specifically that Evie didn't wish to remember as she fell asleep?
9. What had Reth done that enraged Evie?
10. What order does Evie give to Fehl?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the battle between good and evil throughout the novel. How does the definition of good and evil change? What does it show when Evie realizes that things aren't as simple as they seem?
Essay Topic 2
Evie and Lend become very close during his confinement in the Center. Research and discuss whether or not Stockholm Syndrome might have anything to do with their relationship. If so, what remains to be seen in future novels between Lend and Evie? If not, then suggest a reason why Stockholm Syndrome wouldn't apply here.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the IPCA's utilization of faeries. If we assume faeries exist, would it be ethical to use them in the way the IPCA does? Why or why not? What, likely, would be a rationale for the utilization of faeries instead of more conventional forms of travel?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)