|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon is the best for paranormals?
2. How many years of braces did Evie have to go through to get her perfect smile?
3. What did Reth offer her?
4. Why were people from the IPCA not allowed to kill Paranormals?
5. What does neutering mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lend react to Evie blaming herself for Lend being electrocuted a second time?
2. How did Evie and Lend pass the time after she had bought art supplies?
3. What did Evie think about her reaction to what happened to Jacques?
4. Why was Evie torn when Reth showed up?
5. What was Charlotte and how did the IPCA find her?
6. What had happened to Evie and how had she been recruited into the IPCA?
7. What did Reth tell her he did to her?
8. What interesting things did Evie notice about the dead hag?
9. How is it that Faeries aren't evil?
10. Why is it impossible to control Faeries?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the differences in the way Vivian and Evie had been raised. Which side of the argument, nature or nurture, seems to apply more here? What evidence is there to support your argument? Support your analysis through the utilization of quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 2
The faeries create two different Empty Ones to help them escape the world that decays around them. Decide whether or not this was necessary, utilizing the quotes from the book. What difference existed between Evie's mission and Vivian's mission? What does this suggest about their true purpose?
Essay Topic 3
Evie and Lend become very close during his confinement in the Center. Research and discuss whether or not Stockholm Syndrome might have anything to do with their relationship. If so, what remains to be seen in future novels between Lend and Evie? If not, then suggest a reason why Stockholm Syndrome wouldn't apply here.
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)