Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lend asks Evie if she's going to do something. What is it?
2. Why were people from the IPCA not allowed to kill Paranormals?
3. What did Lend say about Evie?
4. What other faerie did Evie summon?
5. What does Raquel suggest that makes Evie so mad?
Short Essay Questions
1. Define the two different types of faeries.
2. What had Reth done that enraged Evie?
3. What similarity did Evie find between Lend and his mother?
4. What happened when Evie attempted to take Lend's soul?
5. What was the purpose of Lend adopting the appearance of someone less attractive than normal?
6. What did Reth reveal to Evie about the poem?
7. What did Reth tell her he did to her?
8. What did Vivian tell Evie about her nature?
9. What information does Lend tell Raquel in return for letting Evie hang out with him?
10. What tricks did David teach Evie about faeries?
Discuss the way Evie had been raised to view the IPCA, and what they were doing in reality. Hypothesize if this is likely to occur on a larger, more continental, governmental scale. Suggest evidence to support your theories.
Discuss the battle between good and evil throughout the novel. How does the definition of good and evil change? What does it show when Evie realizes that things aren't as simple as they seem?
Evie and Lend become very close during his confinement in the Center. Research and discuss whether or not Stockholm Syndrome might have anything to do with their relationship. If so, what remains to be seen in future novels between Lend and Evie? If not, then suggest a reason why Stockholm Syndrome wouldn't apply here.
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)