Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lend asks Evie if she's going to do something. What is it?
2. Why were people from the IPCA not allowed to kill Paranormals?
3. What did Lend say about Evie?
4. What other faerie did Evie summon?
5. What does Raquel suggest that makes Evie so mad?
Short Essay Questions
1. Define the two different types of faeries.
2. What had Reth done that enraged Evie?
3. What similarity did Evie find between Lend and his mother?
4. What happened when Evie attempted to take Lend's soul?
5. What was the purpose of Lend adopting the appearance of someone less attractive than normal?
6. What did Reth reveal to Evie about the poem?
7. What did Reth tell her he did to her?
8. What did Vivian tell Evie about her nature?
9. What information does Lend tell Raquel in return for letting Evie hang out with him?
10. What tricks did David teach Evie about faeries?
Essay Topic 1
Although this novel's audience is teenagers, discuss whether or not this novel would be suitable for all ages. What aspects might not pass through to older generations? Explain what the ideal audience would be for this novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Evie's prejudice against vampires. What specifically doesn't she like about them? How does she change towards the end of the novel, and what do you think leads to this change? How does she begin to censure her thought patterns regarding the vampires and thereby change her perspective?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the change in Evie from before and after she was designated as a paranormal. What changed in her attitudes towards paranormals during that period? How did she begin to identify with them?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)