|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years of braces did Evie have to go through to get her perfect smile?
2. What did Raquel want to know about Lend?
3. Where did Evie pick up her "bleep" swearing from?
4. What is the Vampire's name?
5. What did Evie ask Raquel about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Reth reveal to Evie about the poem?
2. What did Evie fear when she had gone to spend some time with Lend?
3. How did Evie and Lend pass the time after she had bought art supplies?
4. How did Lend react to Evie blaming herself for Lend being electrocuted a second time?
5. What interesting things did Evie notice about the dead hag?
6. Why had Evie messed up in her summons of Reth?
7. What did Raquel fail to understand?
8. Why was the number of dead paranormals abnormal?
9. Why was learning that she had a classification so stressful for Evie?
10. Why was Evie torn when Reth showed up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the change in Evie from before and after she was designated as a paranormal. What changed in her attitudes towards paranormals during that period? How did she begin to identify with them?
Essay Topic 2
Utilizing quotes from the book, discuss where some of the major flaws lay in the story. Did this provide any detriment against the novel as a whole? How or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The faeries create two different Empty Ones to help them escape the world that decays around them. Decide whether or not this was necessary, utilizing the quotes from the book. What difference existed between Evie's mission and Vivian's mission? What does this suggest about their true purpose?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)