Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lend asks Evie if she's going to do something. What is it?
2. Why were people from the IPCA not allowed to kill Paranormals?
3. What did Lend say about Evie?
4. What other faerie did Evie summon?
5. What does Raquel suggest that makes Evie so mad?
Short Essay Questions
1. Define the two different types of faeries.
2. What had Reth done that enraged Evie?
3. What similarity did Evie find between Lend and his mother?
4. What happened when Evie attempted to take Lend's soul?
5. What was the purpose of Lend adopting the appearance of someone less attractive than normal?
6. What did Reth reveal to Evie about the poem?
7. What did Reth tell her he did to her?
8. What did Vivian tell Evie about her nature?
9. What information does Lend tell Raquel in return for letting Evie hang out with him?
10. What tricks did David teach Evie about faeries?
Essay Topic 1
Although this novel's audience is teenagers, discuss whether or not this novel would be suitable for all ages. What aspects might not pass through to older generations? Explain what the ideal audience would be for this novel.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and discuss Lend and Reth as the major love interests of the main character. Which of these two characters is more believable as an individual? Why is that? What characteristics lead to this perspective?
Essay Topic 3
Evie and Lend become very close during his confinement in the Center. Research and discuss whether or not Stockholm Syndrome might have anything to do with their relationship. If so, what remains to be seen in future novels between Lend and Evie? If not, then suggest a reason why Stockholm Syndrome wouldn't apply here.
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)