|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is interesting about Lend's face?
2. What did Raquel do that Evie wasn't expecting?
3. How does Evie imagine Lend's voice sounds like?
4. What did Reth know Evie craved?
5. What did Evie call the vampire to make him mad?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Reth say that he was doing to Evie?
2. How did Evie and Lend pass the time after she had bought art supplies?
3. What interesting things did Evie notice about the dead hag?
4. Why was learning that she had a classification so stressful for Evie?
5. What did Reth tell her he did to her?
6. What fascinated Evie about Lend?
7. What was the difference in immortals and corrupted mortals' faces?
8. What was funny about Lish swearing?
9. What did Evie expect when she asked if the IPCA would put a tracking anklet on her? What was Evie's response to this?
10. What had happened when Alex had gone on hag duty?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and discuss Lend and Reth as the major love interests of the main character. Which of these two characters is more believable as an individual? Why is that? What characteristics lead to this perspective?
Essay Topic 2
Evie and Lend become very close during his confinement in the Center. Research and discuss whether or not Stockholm Syndrome might have anything to do with their relationship. If so, what remains to be seen in future novels between Lend and Evie? If not, then suggest a reason why Stockholm Syndrome wouldn't apply here.
Essay Topic 3
Utilizing quotes from the book, discuss where some of the major flaws lay in the story. Did this provide any detriment against the novel as a whole? How or why not?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)