|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Evie see by the trees?
2. What did Evie like most about Central Processing?
3. Where was Evie being sent for her job?
4. What had shocked Evie into giving Reth up?
5. What does Evie ask Lish to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Evie torn when Reth showed up?
2. Why was the number of dead paranormals abnormal?
3. What was Charlotte and how did the IPCA find her?
4. Why does Evie use a Taser at work?
5. Why didn't Evie tell the truth about how she knew that the paranormal wasn't actually Raquel?
6. What did Evie find ridiculous about the vampire?
7. What did Evie suddenly realize when she saw David's house guests?
8. What did Evie fear when she had gone to spend some time with Lend?
9. What interesting things did Evie notice about the dead hag?
10. What similarity did Evie find between Lend and his mother?
Essay Topic 1
Evie and Lend become very close during his confinement in the Center. Research and discuss whether or not Stockholm Syndrome might have anything to do with their relationship. If so, what remains to be seen in future novels between Lend and Evie? If not, then suggest a reason why Stockholm Syndrome wouldn't apply here.
Essay Topic 2
The faeries create two different Empty Ones to help them escape the world that decays around them. Decide whether or not this was necessary, utilizing the quotes from the book. What difference existed between Evie's mission and Vivian's mission? What does this suggest about their true purpose?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the change in Evie from before and after she was designated as a paranormal. What changed in her attitudes towards paranormals during that period? How did she begin to identify with them?
This section contains 1,507 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)