|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Vampires could Evie handle at one time?
2. What is the only thing Evie can really focus on?
3. What did Evie toss at Lend?
4. What does Evie want sometimes more than anything else in the world?
5. What does Evie think is so cool about high school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What fascinated Evie about Lend?
2. What did Raquel fail to understand?
3. Why did each new employee memorize two faerie names?
4. How is it that Faeries aren't evil?
5. What information does Lend tell Raquel in return for letting Evie hang out with him?
6. Why was learning that she had a classification so stressful for Evie?
7. What did Evie fear when she had gone to spend some time with Lend?
8. What was the difference in immortals and corrupted mortals' faces?
9. How did Lend react to Evie blaming herself for Lend being electrocuted a second time?
10. Why was the number of dead paranormals abnormal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the forced sterilizations of the werewolves. Is this an ethical way to deal with any population? Why or why not? What were undoubtedly some of the consequences that the IPCA/APCA were trying to avoid?
Essay Topic 2
Although Evie has little if any social interaction, she seems to get along well with others. Explore this idea thoroughly, utilizing quotes from the book, and suggest how this could be the case.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the battle between good and evil throughout the novel. How does the definition of good and evil change? What does it show when Evie realizes that things aren't as simple as they seem?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)