|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bodies does Roger pick up at the Convent?
2. How do the women respond to Lone's warning?
3. What is Lone DuPres's occupation?
4. Who joins Pallas when she dances with the rest of the women at the Convent?
5. What was a young man doing when he caught Connie's attention for the first time?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the point of view in the novel "Paradise". Does the story come from a single narrator or multiple narrators? Does the point of view remain the same throughout the novel, or does it change, and what effect does this have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
With exception to events in the opening chapter, how does the Convent fulfill the role of a sanctuary? Who does it provide sanctuary for, and what types of people are most likely to benefit from the atmosphere of the Convent?
Essay Topic 3
How would you describe the overall tone of "Paradise"? Does the tone change from chapter to chapter? In the end, how much the narrator's tone affect your reception of the novel?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)