Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Lone when she hears the men talking?
2. Why is Richard concerned about Billie?
3. Connie and the man have regular meetings on what day of the week?
4. How many founding families arrived in Ruby?
5. What had happened to Lone's birth mother before the group headed to Ruby arrived?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the tone of the novel "Paradise". Does the tone remain consistent throughout the novel or does it change from chapter to chapter? What effect does the tone have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Foreshadowing is an important literary tool. Examine the text for instances of foreshadowing. If instances are present, how do they impact the plot? If there are no instances of foreshadowing, a rare occurrence in a novel, how does the absence of foreshadowing affect the reader's reception of the story?
Essay Topic 3
With exception to events in the opening chapter, how does the Convent fulfill the role of a sanctuary? Who does it provide sanctuary for, and what types of people are most likely to benefit from the atmosphere of the Convent?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)