|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what institution did the foundation donate the Convent?
2. What was the occupation of the woman who took care of Lone after Lone's mother died?
3. Why did the original group traveling to what would become Ruby take some babies from their homes?
4. In addition to Connie, which was the only nun to remain at the Convent?
5. How does Patricia feel about the views she believes Richard is teaching to the young people?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the point of view in the novel "Paradise". Does the story come from a single narrator or multiple narrators? Does the point of view remain the same throughout the novel, or does it change, and what effect does this have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
With exception to events in the opening chapter, how does the Convent fulfill the role of a sanctuary? Who does it provide sanctuary for, and what types of people are most likely to benefit from the atmosphere of the Convent?
Essay Topic 3
Could the major conflict in the novel have been resolved any other way, or was the final outcome inevitable?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)