Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Lone when she hears the men talking?
2. Why is Richard concerned about Billie?
3. Connie and the man have regular meetings on what day of the week?
4. How many founding families arrived in Ruby?
5. What had happened to Lone's birth mother before the group headed to Ruby arrived?
Essay Topic 1
Develop an argument that proposes that the vast differences between Ruby and the Convent can be traced back to their origins. Ruby was founded intentionally by those trying to avoid oppression of a racial majority. The Convent came about mostly by accident as a place where several traumatized women found sanctuary.
Essay Topic 2
Generally in fiction there is a clear protagonist and a clear antagonist. Can this be said of the novel "Paradise"? If you believe the novel contains a clear protagonist and antagonist, name them and explain how they fit these roles. If you believe there are no clear protagonists or antagonists, explain how this is the case.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Morrison's or the narrator's use of language in the novel "Paradise". Is the language elevated to the poetic or is it the everyday language of the rural people of Ruby?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)