Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Lone when she hears the men talking?
2. Why is Richard concerned about Billie?
3. Connie and the man have regular meetings on what day of the week?
4. How many founding families arrived in Ruby?
5. What had happened to Lone's birth mother before the group headed to Ruby arrived?
Examine the structure of the novel "Paradise". Is the plot progression chronological and linear, or does the presentation of the story move forward and backward in time? How does the structure of the novel affect the overall story?
Describe the point of view in the novel "Paradise". Does the story come from a single narrator or multiple narrators? Does the point of view remain the same throughout the novel, or does it change, and what effect does this have on the story?
Describe Morrison's or the narrator's use of language in the novel "Paradise". Is the language elevated to the poetic or is it the everyday language of the rural people of Ruby?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)