|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Lone when she hears the men talking?
2. Why is Richard concerned about Billie?
3. Connie and the man have regular meetings on what day of the week?
4. How many founding families arrived in Ruby?
5. What had happened to Lone's birth mother before the group headed to Ruby arrived?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the tone of the novel "Paradise". Does the tone remain consistent throughout the novel or does it change from chapter to chapter? What effect does the tone have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Offer a detailed theory about the meaning of the title of the novel. On the surface, neither Ruby nor the Convent seems like a paradise. What might Morrison have intended by choosing this title?
Essay Topic 3
Some of the residents of Ruby seem to think that the root of all their past problems were white people. Based on the outcome of the novel and what we learn about human nature, is this believe and oversimplification? Which characters best illustrate your stance on the subject?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)