Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Connie and the man have regular meetings on what day of the week?
2. To what institution did the foundation donate the Convent?
3. What does the box Gigi finds under the bathtub contain?
4. Who is Arnette's maid of honor?
5. What two families display open animosity?
On multiple occasions the civil authority in the area of Ruby is referred to as the "white law." The "white law" is something no citizen of Ruby wants to come in contact with. Explain what citizens of Ruby mean by "white law" and offer explanations based on information from the text and your own knowledge of history about why citizens of Ruby would fear the "white law."
Offer a detailed theory about the meaning of the title of the novel. On the surface, neither Ruby nor the Convent seems like a paradise. What might Morrison have intended by choosing this title?
The novel does not have a simply linear plot progression. Describe the novel's plot progression and what effect this has on the reader.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)