|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many founding families arrived in Ruby?
2. Who is the man who has secret meetings with Connie?
3. Consolata is known to the people of Ruby by what name?
4. What two families display open animosity?
5. What two Convent women have a physical altercation?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the tone of the novel "Paradise". Does the tone remain consistent throughout the novel or does it change from chapter to chapter? What effect does the tone have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Morrison's or the narrator's use of language in the novel "Paradise". Is the language elevated to the poetic or is it the everyday language of the rural people of Ruby?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the final line of the book. How does the final line of the book relate to the entire preceding novel? How does this conception of paradise help explain the novel's title?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)