|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children has Lone DuPres delivered since the last of the Fleetwood children?
2. Who does Pallas believe she should contact?
3. What does Arnette bring to the Convent after her wedding?
4. How does Patricia feel about the views she believes Richard is teaching to the young people?
5. Who is Billie Delia's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Arnette and Soane have in common in terms of being parents?
2. Why does Mavis buy toys every Christmas?
3. What sort of dilemma does Billie face in her romantic life?
4. How do the women react to Lone's warning that men are coming to harm them?
5. What started the townspeople's idea that Billie was a wild child?
6. Why do the Fleetwoods blame Lone for problems with their grandchildren, and what evidence is there that the situation was not Lone's fault?
7. Why do some people believe that Senior Pullman's negative remarks are directed at Richard Misner?
8. How has Patricia's genealogy project turned into a way for her to express her negative view of the people of Ruby?
9. How do the town of Ruby and the Convent share joint responsibility for the field of marijuana?
10. Why does Gigi receive fifty dollars for the box she finds under the bathtub?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How would you describe the overall tone of "Paradise"? Does the tone change from chapter to chapter? In the end, how much the narrator's tone affect your reception of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Could the major conflict in the novel have been resolved any other way, or was the final outcome inevitable?
Essay Topic 3
Do you believe that Mavis' family really intended or even wanted to kill her? Could there be another reason for Mavis believing that her family wanted to kill her?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)