|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Billie skeptical about the chances of a happy marriage between Arnette and K.D.?
(a) Arnette never really cared for K.D.
(b) K.D. agreed to marry Arnette only after Gigi stopped seeing him.
(c) Unlike Arnette, K.D. comes from a poor family.
(d) Arnette had to give up her dream of being a blues singer to marry K.D.
2. What in the basement attracts Connie?
3. What was Lone gathering when she overheard the men plotting?
4. What is one of Patricia's hobbies?
(c) Stamp collecting.
5. Who is Arnette's maid of honor?
(b) Billie Delia.
(d) Pallas Truelove.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom do Pullman's accusatory statements seem directed at?
2. Who has been injured in the automobile accident that Lone and Connie find?
3. What does Lone hear the men plotting?
4. Patricia's father Roger often has ideas for new what?
5. How does Lone feel about the young couples' tendency to go to hospitals to deliver their babies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Gigi receive fifty dollars for the box she finds under the bathtub?
2. What started the townspeople's idea that Billie was a wild child?
3. What are some of K.D.'s thoughts about marriage that indicate that he still has an immature or naïve worldview?
4. What do some of the people that try to stop the massacre seem more concerned about than the welfare of the women of the Convent?
5. What are some possible reasons for Connie spending so much time in the basement?
6. What does Deek believe that the tea that Connie gave Soane causes, and why is this ironic?
7. Why do many parents of the town instruct their children to stay away from Billie Delia, and is this reputation deserved?
8. How do the women react to Lone's warning that men are coming to harm them?
9. What were the circumstances surrounding Ruby Best's death?
10. How has Patricia's genealogy project turned into a way for her to express her negative view of the people of Ruby?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)