|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what institution did the foundation donate the Convent?
(a) The United States Department of the Interior.
(b) The Bureau of Land Management.
(c) The State of Oklahoma.
(d) The Catholic Church.
2. How does Lone feel about the young couples' tendency to go to hospitals to deliver their babies?
(a) Indifferent so long as she receives her tax refund on time.
(c) Relieved that they are finally taking medical care seriously.
3. Patricia's father Roger often has ideas for new what?
(b) Social programs.
(d) Political causes.
4. What is one possible reason that Menus drinks too much?
(a) Connie gives him free wine.
(b) He feels bad for abandoning the woman.
(c) He enjoys upsetting everyone.
(d) It is the only way he can control the pain of his injured leg.
5. Who is Billie Delia's mother?
(a) Mavis Albright.
(c) Patricia Best.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lone gathering when she overheard the men plotting?
2. What does Lone hear the men plotting?
3. How many bodies does Roger pick up at the Convent?
4. What does the box Gigi finds under the bathtub contain?
5. What is one deed the Convent is blamed for that was actually committed by K.D.?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some possible reasons for Connie spending so much time in the basement?
2. What do the women of the Convent do after Connie draws their outlines on the basement floor?
3. Though she was welcomed back home by her father, why did Pallas return to the Convent?
4. What reasons does Patricia give for not approving of Richard's talks with the young people of the town?
5. What does Deek believe that the tea that Connie gave Soane causes, and why is this ironic?
6. What were the circumstances surrounding Ruby Best's death?
7. Why do many parents of the town instruct their children to stay away from Billie Delia, and is this reputation deserved?
8. Why does Mavis buy toys every Christmas?
9. What are some of K.D.'s thoughts about marriage that indicate that he still has an immature or naïve worldview?
10. Why do some people believe that Senior Pullman's negative remarks are directed at Richard Misner?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)