|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Lone when she hears the men talking?
(a) Near the community oven.
(b) On the porch of her hairdressing shop.
(c) In the back of the saloon.
(d) At Andy's candy apple stand.
2. What does Soane want Connie to help her with?
(a) She wants help finding an escaped goat.
(b) She wants to learn food preservation techniques.
(c) She wants to be rid of her unborn child.
(d) She wants to learn how to use an abacus.
3. What was the occupation of the woman who took care of Lone after Lone's mother died?
(a) Textile worker.
4. Why does Lone believe that the women of the Convent could not possibly be responsible for the handicaps of the Fleetwood children?
(a) The first of the children were born before the women arrived at the Convent.
(b) Lone knows that she alone is responsible.
(c) The cancerous growths of the children are from uranium, and the women of the convent do not have access to uranium.
(d) Lone believes that the women of the Convent are perfect and can do no wrong.
5. How does Lone feel about the young couples' tendency to go to hospitals to deliver their babies?
(a) Indifferent so long as she receives her tax refund on time.
(d) Relieved that they are finally taking medical care seriously.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are K.D. and Arnette expecting?
2. Connie and the man have regular meetings on what day of the week?
3. What is one possible reason that Menus drinks too much?
4. What does Deek do immediately upon arriving at the Convent?
5. To what institution did the foundation donate the Convent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sort of prejudice does Patricia witness in Ruby?
2. What was Pallas Truelove's situation before she arrived at the Convent?
3. What started the townspeople's idea that Billie was a wild child?
4. Why does Gigi receive fifty dollars for the box she finds under the bathtub?
5. How do the women react to Lone's warning that men are coming to harm them?
6. How do the town of Ruby and the Convent share joint responsibility for the field of marijuana?
7. How has Patricia's genealogy project turned into a way for her to express her negative view of the people of Ruby?
8. Why does Mavis buy toys every Christmas?
9. What do some of the people that try to stop the massacre seem more concerned about than the welfare of the women of the Convent?
10. What reasons does Patricia give for not approving of Richard's talks with the young people of the town?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)