|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Billie first turn to after the violent argument with her mother?
(b) Anna Flood.
2. Why is Billie skeptical about the chances of a happy marriage between Arnette and K.D.?
(a) Unlike Arnette, K.D. comes from a poor family.
(b) K.D. agreed to marry Arnette only after Gigi stopped seeing him.
(c) Arnette never really cared for K.D.
(d) Arnette had to give up her dream of being a blues singer to marry K.D.
3. What does Deek believe concerning the effects of the tea Connie gives Soane?
(a) It is a healthy vitamin supplement.
(b) It makes Soane less loving.
(c) It makes Soane easy for Connie to control.
(d) It is slowly killing Soane.
4. What was the occupation of the person that raised Lone DuPres?
(a) Textile worker.
5. What two families display open animosity?
(a) The Morgans and the Fleetwoods.
(b) The Hatefields and McDougals.
(c) The Morrisons and the Misners.
(d) The Albrights and the Deeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Consolata when she was found by the sisters including Mary Magna?
2. What country was Consolata originally from?
3. When Richard Misner arrives to visit Patricia, what does he want to know?
4. What in the basement attracts Connie?
5. What does Connie realize about Pallas before even Pallas knows?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the women of the Convent do after Connie draws their outlines on the basement floor?
2. What is Richard Misner angry about?
3. Why do the Fleetwoods blame Lone for problems with their grandchildren, and what evidence is there that the situation was not Lone's fault?
4. What are some possible reasons for Connie spending so much time in the basement?
5. What was Pallas Truelove's situation before she arrived at the Convent?
6. How has Patricia's genealogy project turned into a way for her to express her negative view of the people of Ruby?
7. Why do many parents of the town instruct their children to stay away from Billie Delia, and is this reputation deserved?
8. How do the town of Ruby and the Convent share joint responsibility for the field of marijuana?
9. What do Arnette and Soane have in common in terms of being parents?
10. What were the circumstances surrounding Ruby Best's death?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)