|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the women of the Convent dance?
(a) Wherever the people of Ruby hold community dances.
(b) In the rain.
(c) Everywhere, day and night.
(d) On the roof of the barn.
2. What did Deek buy when he first came to Connie?
(a) Papal indulgences.
(d) Religious artifacts.
3. Who did Billie first turn to after the violent argument with her mother?
(c) Anna Flood.
4. How does Lone feel about the young couples' tendency to go to hospitals to deliver their babies?
(c) Relieved that they are finally taking medical care seriously.
(d) Indifferent so long as she receives her tax refund on time.
5. In addition to Senior Pullman, who presides at K.D. and Arnette's wedding?
(a) Richard Misner.
(c) Bishop Jones.
(d) Abbess Connie.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what conditions did the nuns find Consolata?
2. When Richard Misner arrives to visit Patricia, what does he want to know?
3. What was the occupation of the person that raised Lone DuPres?
4. The group that first arrived to found the town of Ruby shared a common dislike for what other group?
5. What is one deed the Convent is blamed for that was actually committed by K.D.?
Short Essay Questions
1. What started the townspeople's idea that Billie was a wild child?
2. How do the town of Ruby and the Convent share joint responsibility for the field of marijuana?
3. What do some of the people that try to stop the massacre seem more concerned about than the welfare of the women of the Convent?
4. How do the women react to Lone's warning that men are coming to harm them?
5. What do Arnette and Soane have in common in terms of being parents?
6. Why do many parents of the town instruct their children to stay away from Billie Delia, and is this reputation deserved?
7. What are some of K.D.'s thoughts about marriage that indicate that he still has an immature or naïve worldview?
8. What was Pallas Truelove's situation before she arrived at the Convent?
9. How has Patricia's genealogy project turned into a way for her to express her negative view of the people of Ruby?
10. Why does Gigi receive fifty dollars for the box she finds under the bathtub?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)