|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to Senior Pullman, who presides at K.D. and Arnette's wedding?
(a) Bishop Jones.
(b) Abbess Connie.
(c) Richard Misner.
2. The group that first arrived to found the town of Ruby shared a common dislike for what other group?
(b) Native Americans.
3. What was the name of the woman who took care of Lone after Lone's mother died?
(a) Fairy DuPres.
(b) Mary Magna.
(c) Mavis Albright.
4. What sort of family did Pallas come from?
5. Who did Billie first turn to after the violent argument with her mother?
(b) Anna Flood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two Convent women have a physical altercation?
2. What is one deed the Convent is blamed for that was actually committed by K.D.?
3. In addition to Connie, which was the only nun to remain at the Convent?
4. Who raised Lone DuPres?
5. What in the basement attracts Connie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Though she was welcomed back home by her father, why did Pallas return to the Convent?
2. What do some of the people that try to stop the massacre seem more concerned about than the welfare of the women of the Convent?
3. Why do many parents of the town instruct their children to stay away from Billie Delia, and is this reputation deserved?
4. What are some possible reasons for Connie spending so much time in the basement?
5. What sort of prejudice does Patricia witness in Ruby?
6. What are some of K.D.'s thoughts about marriage that indicate that he still has an immature or naïve worldview?
7. What were the circumstances surrounding Ruby Best's death?
8. According to Lone, what do the Fleetwoods blame on the women of the Convent, and why does Lone think this makes no sense?
9. Why does Mavis buy toys every Christmas?
10. What started the townspeople's idea that Billie was a wild child?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)