|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Richard and Anna contemplating?
(a) Leasing land from the Convent.
(c) Opening Ruby's first restaurant.
(d) Opening a day care business.
2. What does Deek believe concerning the effects of the tea Connie gives Soane?
(a) It makes Soane easy for Connie to control.
(b) It makes Soane less loving.
(c) It is a healthy vitamin supplement.
(d) It is slowly killing Soane.
3. To whom do Pullman's accusatory statements seem directed at?
(b) Abbess Connie.
(c) Richard Misner.
(d) Bishop Jones.
4. Why was Menus forced to abandon the woman he brought from Virginia?
(a) She had a substance abuse problem.
(b) She was too light skinned.
(c) She got pregnant, and Menus was afraid.
(d) She compulsively stole everything she could.
5. What does Lone hear the men plotting?
(a) A way to cheat in the stock market.
(b) An attack on the Convent.
(c) A way to set a trap for the community oven vandals.
(d) A vote of no confidence for the sitting mayor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Arnette's maid of honor?
2. What is one of Patricia's hobbies?
3. What is one possible reason that Menus drinks too much?
4. When Richard Misner arrives to visit Patricia, what does he want to know?
5. Why is Richard concerned about Billie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some possible reasons for Connie spending so much time in the basement?
2. What do the women of the Convent do after Connie draws their outlines on the basement floor?
3. What started the townspeople's idea that Billie was a wild child?
4. What sort of dilemma does Billie face in her romantic life?
5. What reasons does Patricia give for not approving of Richard's talks with the young people of the town?
6. What sort of prejudice does Patricia witness in Ruby?
7. Why does Gigi receive fifty dollars for the box she finds under the bathtub?
8. Why does Lone believe that the men of Ruby want to get rid of the women at the Convent?
9. What is Richard Misner angry about?
10. How do the town of Ruby and the Convent share joint responsibility for the field of marijuana?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)