|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many founding families arrived in Ruby?
2. Who is Billie Delia's mother?
(b) Patricia Best.
(d) Mavis Albright.
3. What did the nuns operate at the convent before loosing funding?
(a) A homeless shelter.
(b) A school for girls.
(c) A recycling plant.
(d) A soup kitchen.
4. How many children has Lone DuPres delivered since the last of the Fleetwood children?
5. Where is Lone when she hears the men talking?
(a) Near the community oven.
(b) At Andy's candy apple stand.
(c) On the porch of her hairdressing shop.
(d) In the back of the saloon.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Richard Misner arrives to visit Patricia, what does he want to know?
2. How does Lone get to the Convent to warn the women?
3. In addition to Connie, which was the only nun to remain at the Convent?
4. What are Richard and Anna contemplating?
5. What was the name of the woman who took care of Lone after Lone's mother died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reasons does Patricia give for not approving of Richard's talks with the young people of the town?
2. What are some of K.D.'s thoughts about marriage that indicate that he still has an immature or naïve worldview?
3. What were the circumstances surrounding Ruby Best's death?
4. Why does Gigi receive fifty dollars for the box she finds under the bathtub?
5. What are some possible reasons for Connie spending so much time in the basement?
6. Though she was welcomed back home by her father, why did Pallas return to the Convent?
7. What do Arnette and Soane have in common in terms of being parents?
8. What is Richard Misner angry about?
9. According to Lone, what do the Fleetwoods blame on the women of the Convent, and why does Lone think this makes no sense?
10. What do some of the people that try to stop the massacre seem more concerned about than the welfare of the women of the Convent?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)