|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the man who built the Convent arrested for?
(c) Insurance fraud.
(d) Barn burning.
2. What are Richard and Anna contemplating?
(a) Opening a day care business.
(b) Leasing land from the Convent.
(c) Opening Ruby's first restaurant.
3. What was the name of the woman who took care of Lone after Lone's mother died?
(a) Mary Magna.
(b) Fairy DuPres.
(c) Mavis Albright.
4. One day, who arrives at the Convent instead of Deek?
(a) Soane Morgan.
(b) Richard Misner.
(c) Arnette Fleetwood.
(d) Steward Morgan.
5. Why is Billie skeptical about the chances of a happy marriage between Arnette and K.D.?
(a) Unlike Arnette, K.D. comes from a poor family.
(b) Arnette had to give up her dream of being a blues singer to marry K.D.
(c) Arnette never really cared for K.D.
(d) K.D. agreed to marry Arnette only after Gigi stopped seeing him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of Patricia's hobbies?
2. Patricia's father Roger often has ideas for new what?
3. How do the women respond to Lone's warning?
4. What was the occupation of the woman who took care of Lone after Lone's mother died?
5. What did Deek buy when he first came to Connie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the town of Ruby and the Convent share joint responsibility for the field of marijuana?
2. What are some possible reasons for Connie spending so much time in the basement?
3. How do the women react to Lone's warning that men are coming to harm them?
4. What were the circumstances surrounding Ruby Best's death?
5. What sort of dilemma does Billie face in her romantic life?
6. How has Patricia's genealogy project turned into a way for her to express her negative view of the people of Ruby?
7. What sort of prejudice does Patricia witness in Ruby?
8. What do Arnette and Soane have in common in terms of being parents?
9. Why does Mavis buy toys every Christmas?
10. Though she was welcomed back home by her father, why did Pallas return to the Convent?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)