|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the woman who took care of Lone after Lone's mother died?
(a) Mavis Albright.
(b) Mary Magna.
(c) Fairy DuPres.
2. What in the basement attracts Connie?
3. What are K.D. and Arnette expecting?
(a) A new job for K.D.
(b) A baby.
(c) To win the lottery.
(d) A home loan.
4. Why are some of the older residents of Ruby unhappy with Richard Misner?
(a) He has seven illegitimate children.
(b) He drinks too much.
(c) He speaks to the young people and encourages them to express their views.
(d) He steals from the church.
5. What is one possible reason that Menus drinks too much?
(a) He enjoys upsetting everyone.
(b) He feels bad for abandoning the woman.
(c) Connie gives him free wine.
(d) It is the only way he can control the pain of his injured leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the occupation of the person that raised Lone DuPres?
2. Why did Pallas flee from her boyfriend and her mother?
3. How many children has Lone DuPres delivered since the last of the Fleetwood children?
4. Who raised Lone DuPres?
5. Richard thinks that the older men of Ruby constantly tell stories of ancestor's efforts to found a town but never tell of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What started the townspeople's idea that Billie was a wild child?
2. How has Patricia's genealogy project turned into a way for her to express her negative view of the people of Ruby?
3. Why does Gigi receive fifty dollars for the box she finds under the bathtub?
4. According to Lone, what do the Fleetwoods blame on the women of the Convent, and why does Lone think this makes no sense?
5. What sort of prejudice does Patricia witness in Ruby?
6. How do the women react to Lone's warning that men are coming to harm them?
7. What do some of the people that try to stop the massacre seem more concerned about than the welfare of the women of the Convent?
8. What does Deek believe that the tea that Connie gave Soane causes, and why is this ironic?
9. Though she was welcomed back home by her father, why did Pallas return to the Convent?
10. Why does Mavis buy toys every Christmas?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)