|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Patricia feel about the views she believes Richard is teaching to the young people?
(a) She does not approve.
(b) Skeptical but willing to help.
(c) She is full of admiration.
2. What does Deek believe concerning the effects of the tea Connie gives Soane?
(a) It makes Soane less loving.
(b) It makes Soane easy for Connie to control.
(c) It is slowly killing Soane.
(d) It is a healthy vitamin supplement.
3. What was Lone gathering when she overheard the men plotting?
4. What had happened to Lone's birth mother before the group headed to Ruby arrived?
(a) She had contracted typhoid.
(b) She died.
(c) She had been elected to county office.
(d) She had won the state fair quilting contest.
5. How many children has Lone DuPres delivered since the last of the Fleetwood children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of Patricia's hobbies?
2. What does Lone do after hearing the men plotting?
3. How does Lone feel about the young couples' tendency to go to hospitals to deliver their babies?
4. How old was Consolata when she was found by the sisters including Mary Magna?
5. Why did the original group traveling to what would become Ruby take some babies from their homes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What started the townspeople's idea that Billie was a wild child?
2. What were the circumstances surrounding Ruby Best's death?
3. What are some of K.D.'s thoughts about marriage that indicate that he still has an immature or naïve worldview?
4. What do the women of the Convent do after Connie draws their outlines on the basement floor?
5. Why do many parents of the town instruct their children to stay away from Billie Delia, and is this reputation deserved?
6. What do Arnette and Soane have in common in terms of being parents?
7. What reasons does Patricia give for not approving of Richard's talks with the young people of the town?
8. Why does Mavis buy toys every Christmas?
9. Why do some people believe that Senior Pullman's negative remarks are directed at Richard Misner?
10. What is Richard Misner angry about?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)