|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Consolata is known to the people of Ruby by what name?
2. What country was Consolata originally from?
3. How old was Consolata when she was found by the sisters including Mary Magna?
4. What had happened to Lone's birth mother before the group headed to Ruby arrived?
(a) She had won the state fair quilting contest.
(b) She died.
(c) She had contracted typhoid.
(d) She had been elected to county office.
5. One day, who arrives at the Convent instead of Deek?
(a) Steward Morgan.
(b) Soane Morgan.
(c) Arnette Fleetwood.
(d) Richard Misner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the box Gigi finds under the bathtub contain?
2. What is one of the mishaps that the men of Ruby blame on the women of the Convent?
3. What does Deek do immediately upon arriving at the Convent?
4. Who is Arnette's maid of honor?
5. What does Soane want Connie to help her with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mavis buy toys every Christmas?
2. What do Arnette and Soane have in common in terms of being parents?
3. What are some of K.D.'s thoughts about marriage that indicate that he still has an immature or naïve worldview?
4. What do the women of the Convent do after Connie draws their outlines on the basement floor?
5. How has Patricia's genealogy project turned into a way for her to express her negative view of the people of Ruby?
6. What sort of prejudice does Patricia witness in Ruby?
7. Why does Gigi receive fifty dollars for the box she finds under the bathtub?
8. What reasons does Patricia give for not approving of Richard's talks with the young people of the town?
9. Why do many parents of the town instruct their children to stay away from Billie Delia, and is this reputation deserved?
10. What was Pallas Truelove's situation before she arrived at the Convent?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)