|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Richard concerned about Billie?
(a) She was last seen with a known criminal.
(b) She seems to be involved in a dispute among the Poole family.
(c) Her name came up in a recent police investigation.
(d) She is a suspect in the robbery.
2. One day, who arrives at the Convent instead of Deek?
(a) Soane Morgan.
(b) Richard Misner.
(c) Arnette Fleetwood.
(d) Steward Morgan.
3. Where is Lone when she hears the men talking?
(a) On the porch of her hairdressing shop.
(b) At Andy's candy apple stand.
(c) In the back of the saloon.
(d) Near the community oven.
4. Who tells Patricia of what K.D. and Arnette are expecting?
(b) Lone DuPres.
(d) Richard Misner.
5. What did Deek buy when he first came to Connie?
(a) Religious artifacts.
(c) Papal indulgences.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the occupation of the woman who took care of Lone after Lone's mother died?
2. What does Arnette bring to the Convent after her wedding?
3. What does Lone hear the men plotting?
4. What was the occupation of the person that raised Lone DuPres?
5. Why is Billie skeptical about the chances of a happy marriage between Arnette and K.D.?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do many parents of the town instruct their children to stay away from Billie Delia, and is this reputation deserved?
2. What do Arnette and Soane have in common in terms of being parents?
3. What are some possible reasons for Connie spending so much time in the basement?
4. What reasons does Patricia give for not approving of Richard's talks with the young people of the town?
5. What are some of K.D.'s thoughts about marriage that indicate that he still has an immature or naïve worldview?
6. Why do the Fleetwoods blame Lone for problems with their grandchildren, and what evidence is there that the situation was not Lone's fault?
7. Why does Mavis buy toys every Christmas?
8. How do the town of Ruby and the Convent share joint responsibility for the field of marijuana?
9. Why does Gigi receive fifty dollars for the box she finds under the bathtub?
10. How has Patricia's genealogy project turned into a way for her to express her negative view of the people of Ruby?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)