|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pallas believe she should contact?
(a) The police.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her old boyfriend.
(d) Her high school guidance counselor.
2. What does Deek do immediately upon arriving at the Convent?
(a) He sets fire to the barn.
(b) He tries to find Connie to tell her to run.
(c) He shoots the first woman he sees.
(d) He drops to his knees and offers a prayer.
3. What does Soane want Connie to help her with?
(a) She wants to be rid of her unborn child.
(b) She wants help finding an escaped goat.
(c) She wants to learn food preservation techniques.
(d) She wants to learn how to use an abacus.
4. Who did Billie first turn to after the violent argument with her mother?
(a) Anna Flood.
5. What are Richard and Anna contemplating?
(a) Leasing land from the Convent.
(b) Opening a day care business.
(d) Opening Ruby's first restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the box Gigi finds under the bathtub contain?
2. What are K.D. and Arnette expecting?
3. Patricia's father Roger often has ideas for new what?
4. What was the man who built the Convent arrested for?
5. How does Lone feel about the young couples' tendency to go to hospitals to deliver their babies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Deek believe that the tea that Connie gave Soane causes, and why is this ironic?
2. What was Pallas Truelove's situation before she arrived at the Convent?
3. How do the women react to Lone's warning that men are coming to harm them?
4. What reasons does Patricia give for not approving of Richard's talks with the young people of the town?
5. What sort of dilemma does Billie face in her romantic life?
6. What is Richard Misner angry about?
7. What do Arnette and Soane have in common in terms of being parents?
8. Why does Lone believe that the men of Ruby want to get rid of the women at the Convent?
9. What are some of K.D.'s thoughts about marriage that indicate that he still has an immature or naïve worldview?
10. What do some of the people that try to stop the massacre seem more concerned about than the welfare of the women of the Convent?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)