|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one deed the Convent is blamed for that was actually committed by K.D.?
(a) The planting of marijuana.
(b) The contamination of the well.
(c) The report to the governor.
(d) The theft of the mine payroll.
2. What are K.D. and Arnette expecting?
(a) A new job for K.D.
(b) To win the lottery.
(c) A baby.
(d) A home loan.
3. What does Deek do immediately upon arriving at the Convent?
(a) He drops to his knees and offers a prayer.
(b) He tries to find Connie to tell her to run.
(c) He shoots the first woman he sees.
(d) He sets fire to the barn.
4. Who did Billie first turn to after the violent argument with her mother?
(a) Anna Flood.
5. How do the women respond to Lone's warning?
(a) They are not at all alarmed.
(b) They flee in panic.
(c) Under Connie's supervision they begin constructing fortifications.
(d) They send Mavis to inform the state police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lone DuPres's occupation?
2. What does Arnette bring to the Convent after her wedding?
3. What is one of Patricia's hobbies?
4. Why was Menus forced to abandon the woman he brought from Virginia?
5. What does Connie realize about Pallas before even Pallas knows?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Lone, what do the Fleetwoods blame on the women of the Convent, and why does Lone think this makes no sense?
2. What do the women of the Convent do after Connie draws their outlines on the basement floor?
3. What sort of prejudice does Patricia witness in Ruby?
4. Why do the Fleetwoods blame Lone for problems with their grandchildren, and what evidence is there that the situation was not Lone's fault?
5. Why does Gigi receive fifty dollars for the box she finds under the bathtub?
6. Why do many parents of the town instruct their children to stay away from Billie Delia, and is this reputation deserved?
7. Why does Mavis buy toys every Christmas?
8. What were the circumstances surrounding Ruby Best's death?
9. What does Deek believe that the tea that Connie gave Soane causes, and why is this ironic?
10. What reasons does Patricia give for not approving of Richard's talks with the young people of the town?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)