|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the original group traveling to what would become Ruby take some babies from their homes?
(a) The babies were in intolerable circumstances.
(b) The babies' parents sold the babies to the founders.
(c) The founders knew they would need laborers to work in the fields.
(d) They were afraid white people would make them slaves.
2. How does Lone feel about the young couples' tendency to go to hospitals to deliver their babies?
(a) Relieved that they are finally taking medical care seriously.
(c) Indifferent so long as she receives her tax refund on time.
3. How old was Consolata when she was found by the sisters including Mary Magna?
4. Who is the man who has secret meetings with Connie?
(a) Richard Misner.
(b) K.D. Morgan.
(c) Deek Morgan.
(d) Frank Albright.
5. In what conditions did the nuns find Consolata?
(a) She was an aspiring model and developing an eating disorder.
(b) She was destitute and living on the streets.
(c) She had applied and been rejected by another convent.
(d) She was having the time in her life working in a carnival sideshow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of family did Pallas come from?
2. What country was Consolata originally from?
3. What are Richard and Anna contemplating?
4. How many children has Lone DuPres delivered since the last of the Fleetwood children?
5. What two Convent women have a physical altercation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the circumstances surrounding Ruby Best's death?
2. What is Richard Misner angry about?
3. What are some of K.D.'s thoughts about marriage that indicate that he still has an immature or naïve worldview?
4. According to Lone, what do the Fleetwoods blame on the women of the Convent, and why does Lone think this makes no sense?
5. What does Deek believe that the tea that Connie gave Soane causes, and why is this ironic?
6. What sort of dilemma does Billie face in her romantic life?
7. What do the women of the Convent do after Connie draws their outlines on the basement floor?
8. What reasons does Patricia give for not approving of Richard's talks with the young people of the town?
9. Though she was welcomed back home by her father, why did Pallas return to the Convent?
10. How has Patricia's genealogy project turned into a way for her to express her negative view of the people of Ruby?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)