|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Patricia's father Roger often has ideas for new what?
(b) Political causes.
(c) Social programs.
2. Why did Pallas flee from her boyfriend and her mother?
(a) She did not flee; she got lost.
(b) She discovered that the two were involved in a crime ring.
(c) She believed they were going to kill her.
(d) She discovered that they were having an affair.
3. Where does Connie spend an increasing amount of time?
(a) The confessional.
(b) The community oven.
(c) Deek Morgan's house.
(d) The basement.
4. What does the box Gigi finds under the bathtub contain?
(a) Worthless old banknotes.
(b) Assorted bolts and screws.
(c) The key to the sub-basement.
(d) A pistol.
5. In what conditions did the nuns find Consolata?
(a) She was having the time in her life working in a carnival sideshow.
(b) She was destitute and living on the streets.
(c) She was an aspiring model and developing an eating disorder.
(d) She had applied and been rejected by another convent.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Richard Misner arrives to visit Patricia, what does he want to know?
2. What is one of the mishaps that the men of Ruby blame on the women of the Convent?
3. Connie and the man have regular meetings on what day of the week?
4. Who raised Lone DuPres?
5. To whom do Pullman's accusatory statements seem directed at?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some possible reasons for Connie spending so much time in the basement?
2. Why do the Fleetwoods blame Lone for problems with their grandchildren, and what evidence is there that the situation was not Lone's fault?
3. What do the women of the Convent do after Connie draws their outlines on the basement floor?
4. Why do many parents of the town instruct their children to stay away from Billie Delia, and is this reputation deserved?
5. Why do some people believe that Senior Pullman's negative remarks are directed at Richard Misner?
6. What do Arnette and Soane have in common in terms of being parents?
7. What is Richard Misner angry about?
8. How do the town of Ruby and the Convent share joint responsibility for the field of marijuana?
9. What was Pallas Truelove's situation before she arrived at the Convent?
10. What does Deek believe that the tea that Connie gave Soane causes, and why is this ironic?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)