|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Connie spend an increasing amount of time?
(a) The basement.
(b) The community oven.
(c) Deek Morgan's house.
(d) The confessional.
2. Consolata is known to the people of Ruby by what name?
3. What was a young man doing when he caught Connie's attention for the first time?
(a) Selling lemonade.
(b) Plucking a chicken.
(c) Riding a horse.
(d) Juggling bowling pins.
4. Where is Lone when she hears the men talking?
(a) Near the community oven.
(b) On the porch of her hairdressing shop.
(c) In the back of the saloon.
(d) At Andy's candy apple stand.
5. What does Lone hear the men plotting?
(a) A way to cheat in the stock market.
(b) A vote of no confidence for the sitting mayor.
(c) An attack on the Convent.
(d) A way to set a trap for the community oven vandals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Richard thinks that the older men of Ruby constantly tell stories of ancestor's efforts to found a town but never tell of what?
2. What country was Consolata originally from?
3. What is one of Patricia's hobbies?
4. Who does Pallas believe she should contact?
5. How old was Consolata when she was found by the sisters including Mary Magna?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Lone, what do the Fleetwoods blame on the women of the Convent, and why does Lone think this makes no sense?
2. What were the circumstances surrounding Ruby Best's death?
3. What reasons does Patricia give for not approving of Richard's talks with the young people of the town?
4. Why do many parents of the town instruct their children to stay away from Billie Delia, and is this reputation deserved?
5. Though she was welcomed back home by her father, why did Pallas return to the Convent?
6. What was Pallas Truelove's situation before she arrived at the Convent?
7. What do some of the people that try to stop the massacre seem more concerned about than the welfare of the women of the Convent?
8. What does Deek believe that the tea that Connie gave Soane causes, and why is this ironic?
9. How do the women react to Lone's warning that men are coming to harm them?
10. What is Richard Misner angry about?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)