|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to Connie, which was the only nun to remain at the Convent?
(a) Sister Christian.
(b) Mother Jones.
(c) Mary Magna.
(d) Lila Jane.
2. Who joins Pallas when she dances with the rest of the women at the Convent?
(a) Her healthy baby son.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her former art teacher.
3. In addition to Senior Pullman, who presides at K.D. and Arnette's wedding?
(a) Bishop Jones.
(b) Richard Misner.
(d) Abbess Connie.
4. What does Connie realize about Pallas before even Pallas knows?
(a) Pallas is pregnant.
(b) Pallas wants to kill Connie.
(c) Pallas has smallpox.
(d) Pallas will rule the Convent.
5. What had happened to Lone's birth mother before the group headed to Ruby arrived?
(a) She had been elected to county office.
(b) She had contracted typhoid.
(c) She had won the state fair quilting contest.
(d) She died.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the women respond to Lone's warning?
2. What is one possible reason that Menus drinks too much?
3. Why did Pallas flee from her boyfriend and her mother?
4. One day, who arrives at the Convent instead of Deek?
5. Why are some of the older residents of Ruby unhappy with Richard Misner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do some people believe that Senior Pullman's negative remarks are directed at Richard Misner?
2. How has Patricia's genealogy project turned into a way for her to express her negative view of the people of Ruby?
3. What sort of prejudice does Patricia witness in Ruby?
4. What started the townspeople's idea that Billie was a wild child?
5. What do the women of the Convent do after Connie draws their outlines on the basement floor?
6. What do Arnette and Soane have in common in terms of being parents?
7. What were the circumstances surrounding Ruby Best's death?
8. What is Richard Misner angry about?
9. What reasons does Patricia give for not approving of Richard's talks with the young people of the town?
10. Why does Lone believe that the men of Ruby want to get rid of the women at the Convent?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)