|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Connie realize about Pallas before even Pallas knows?
(a) Pallas has smallpox.
(b) Pallas will rule the Convent.
(c) Pallas wants to kill Connie.
(d) Pallas is pregnant.
2. How does Patricia feel about the views she believes Richard is teaching to the young people?
(b) Skeptical but willing to help.
(c) She does not approve.
(d) She is full of admiration.
3. How does Lone feel about the young couples' tendency to go to hospitals to deliver their babies?
(b) Relieved that they are finally taking medical care seriously.
(d) Indifferent so long as she receives her tax refund on time.
4. What does Arnette bring to the Convent after her wedding?
(a) A gun.
(b) Her ruined dress.
(c) Wedding cake.
(d) Leftover flowers.
5. Who raised Lone DuPres?
(c) Fairy DuPres.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the man who built the Convent arrested for?
2. Why does Lone believe that the women of the Convent could not possibly be responsible for the handicaps of the Fleetwood children?
3. One day, who arrives at the Convent instead of Deek?
4. What was the occupation of the woman who took care of Lone after Lone's mother died?
5. What was the name of the woman who took care of Lone after Lone's mother died?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Fleetwoods blame Lone for problems with their grandchildren, and what evidence is there that the situation was not Lone's fault?
2. What are some of K.D.'s thoughts about marriage that indicate that he still has an immature or naïve worldview?
3. How has Patricia's genealogy project turned into a way for her to express her negative view of the people of Ruby?
4. Why do many parents of the town instruct their children to stay away from Billie Delia, and is this reputation deserved?
5. Why does Gigi receive fifty dollars for the box she finds under the bathtub?
6. What reasons does Patricia give for not approving of Richard's talks with the young people of the town?
7. How do the town of Ruby and the Convent share joint responsibility for the field of marijuana?
8. What are some possible reasons for Connie spending so much time in the basement?
9. According to Lone, what do the Fleetwoods blame on the women of the Convent, and why does Lone think this makes no sense?
10. What do the women of the Convent do after Connie draws their outlines on the basement floor?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)