|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Richard concerned about Billie?
(a) She is a suspect in the robbery.
(b) Her name came up in a recent police investigation.
(c) She seems to be involved in a dispute among the Poole family.
(d) She was last seen with a known criminal.
2. Who does Pallas believe she should contact?
(a) Her old boyfriend.
(b) The police.
(c) Her high school guidance counselor.
(d) Her father.
3. What type of views does Patricia believe that Richard is teaching to the young people?
4. What does Arnette bring to the Convent after her wedding?
(a) Her ruined dress.
(b) Leftover flowers.
(c) A gun.
(d) Wedding cake.
5. Who raised Lone DuPres?
(d) Fairy DuPres.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Billie Delia's mother?
2. To what institution did the foundation donate the Convent?
3. The group that first arrived to found the town of Ruby shared a common dislike for what other group?
4. Who did Billie first turn to after the violent argument with her mother?
5. Consolata is known to the people of Ruby by what name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mavis buy toys every Christmas?
2. How do the women react to Lone's warning that men are coming to harm them?
3. What are some possible reasons for Connie spending so much time in the basement?
4. How has Patricia's genealogy project turned into a way for her to express her negative view of the people of Ruby?
5. What were the circumstances surrounding Ruby Best's death?
6. What are some of K.D.'s thoughts about marriage that indicate that he still has an immature or naïve worldview?
7. Why does Lone believe that the men of Ruby want to get rid of the women at the Convent?
8. What do some of the people that try to stop the massacre seem more concerned about than the welfare of the women of the Convent?
9. Why do many parents of the town instruct their children to stay away from Billie Delia, and is this reputation deserved?
10. Why do some people believe that Senior Pullman's negative remarks are directed at Richard Misner?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)