|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to Connie, which was the only nun to remain at the Convent?
(a) Mary Magna.
(b) Lila Jane.
(c) Mother Jones.
(d) Sister Christian.
2. What is one deed the Convent is blamed for that was actually committed by K.D.?
(a) The contamination of the well.
(b) The report to the governor.
(c) The theft of the mine payroll.
(d) The planting of marijuana.
3. Who tells Patricia of what K.D. and Arnette are expecting?
(b) Lone DuPres.
(c) Richard Misner.
4. What was the name of the woman who took care of Lone after Lone's mother died?
(b) Mavis Albright.
(c) Fairy DuPres.
(d) Mary Magna.
5. How does Lone get to the Convent to warn the women?
(a) She drives.
(b) She steals a horse.
(c) She runs.
(d) She borrows Gigi's bicycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the box Gigi finds under the bathtub contain?
2. What does Arnette bring to the Convent after her wedding?
3. What is one possible reason that Menus drinks too much?
4. What did Deek buy when he first came to Connie?
5. What is Lone DuPres's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reasons does Patricia give for not approving of Richard's talks with the young people of the town?
2. Why do many parents of the town instruct their children to stay away from Billie Delia, and is this reputation deserved?
3. How has Patricia's genealogy project turned into a way for her to express her negative view of the people of Ruby?
4. What do some of the people that try to stop the massacre seem more concerned about than the welfare of the women of the Convent?
5. Why does Gigi receive fifty dollars for the box she finds under the bathtub?
6. What started the townspeople's idea that Billie was a wild child?
7. What sort of prejudice does Patricia witness in Ruby?
8. Though she was welcomed back home by her father, why did Pallas return to the Convent?
9. Why do the Fleetwoods blame Lone for problems with their grandchildren, and what evidence is there that the situation was not Lone's fault?
10. How do the women react to Lone's warning that men are coming to harm them?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)