|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One day, who arrives at the Convent instead of Deek?
(a) Arnette Fleetwood.
(b) Steward Morgan.
(c) Soane Morgan.
(d) Richard Misner.
2. Who is Arnette's maid of honor?
(a) Billie Delia.
(b) Pallas Truelove.
3. Why did Pallas flee from her boyfriend and her mother?
(a) She discovered that the two were involved in a crime ring.
(b) She discovered that they were having an affair.
(c) She believed they were going to kill her.
(d) She did not flee; she got lost.
4. What are K.D. and Arnette expecting?
(a) A new job for K.D.
(b) A baby.
(c) To win the lottery.
(d) A home loan.
5. Why was Menus forced to abandon the woman he brought from Virginia?
(a) She compulsively stole everything she could.
(b) She was too light skinned.
(c) She had a substance abuse problem.
(d) She got pregnant, and Menus was afraid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Richard and Anna contemplating?
2. How old was Connie when the man finally came to her?
3. Consolata is known to the people of Ruby by what name?
4. What was the name of the woman who took care of Lone after Lone's mother died?
5. Why did the original group traveling to what would become Ruby take some babies from their homes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do some of the people that try to stop the massacre seem more concerned about than the welfare of the women of the Convent?
2. What are some of K.D.'s thoughts about marriage that indicate that he still has an immature or naïve worldview?
3. Though she was welcomed back home by her father, why did Pallas return to the Convent?
4. How do the town of Ruby and the Convent share joint responsibility for the field of marijuana?
5. Why does Lone believe that the men of Ruby want to get rid of the women at the Convent?
6. What is Richard Misner angry about?
7. What sort of dilemma does Billie face in her romantic life?
8. Why do many parents of the town instruct their children to stay away from Billie Delia, and is this reputation deserved?
9. Why does Mavis buy toys every Christmas?
10. What was Pallas Truelove's situation before she arrived at the Convent?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)