|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Deek buy when he first came to Connie?
(b) Religious artifacts.
(c) Papal indulgences.
2. What is one of the mishaps that the men of Ruby blame on the women of the Convent?
(a) The low price of cotton.
(b) The death of the young couple in the car.
(c) Acid rain.
(d) The depleted ozone layer.
3. Where do the women of the Convent dance?
(a) Everywhere, day and night.
(b) Wherever the people of Ruby hold community dances.
(c) On the roof of the barn.
(d) In the rain.
4. Connie and the man have regular meetings on what day of the week?
5. What are K.D. and Arnette expecting?
(a) To win the lottery.
(b) A baby.
(c) A home loan.
(d) A new job for K.D.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many founding families arrived in Ruby?
2. Who did Billie first turn to after the violent argument with her mother?
3. What is Lone DuPres's occupation?
4. What is one possible reason that Menus drinks too much?
5. Who is Billie Delia's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the town of Ruby and the Convent share joint responsibility for the field of marijuana?
2. How do the women react to Lone's warning that men are coming to harm them?
3. Though she was welcomed back home by her father, why did Pallas return to the Convent?
4. What are some of K.D.'s thoughts about marriage that indicate that he still has an immature or naïve worldview?
5. What do the women of the Convent do after Connie draws their outlines on the basement floor?
6. What sort of dilemma does Billie face in her romantic life?
7. What sort of prejudice does Patricia witness in Ruby?
8. What is Richard Misner angry about?
9. What were the circumstances surrounding Ruby Best's death?
10. What do Arnette and Soane have in common in terms of being parents?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)