|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in charge of operations at the Convent?
(a) K.D. Morgan.
(c) Bishop Smith.
(d) Abbot Kelly.
2. Who is the youngest male in the Morgan family?
3. Who does Gigi see at the Convent that is terribly upset?
(b) Seth Winter.
(c) K.D. Morgan.
(d) Mavis Albright.
4. The town of Ruby is named after whom?
(a) A famous dancer from Norman, Oklahoma.
(b) Ruby Best.
(c) The wife of a Comanche Indian chief.
(d) Ruby Tuesday.
5. What did someone paint on the oven?
(a) A rooster.
(b) Gang symbols.
(c) A fist.
(d) The Lord's Prayer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gigi searching for when she arrives in Ruby?
2. What time of year does the girl who arrives at the Convent at the end of the chapter say it is?
3. What was the former profession of the old woman Connie tends?
4. What does Mavis do upon first seeing Gigi?
5. While the issue of Arnette's pregnancy is being worked out, what woman is K.D. most fascinated with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the end result of Richard and Anna's trip to the Convent?
2. Why did Seneca go to Wichita, and why was the trip unproductive?
3. Why does Deek find looking at Steward and even more revealing experience than looking in a mirror?
4. How did Mavis' twins die, according to the story Mavis tells the reporter?
5. Why does Deek tell Richard Misner that he has become the type of man that the founders of Haven hated?
6. How does Lone try to keep a positive outlook even after events at the Convent?
7. What do the women of the Convent do after Connie draws their outlines on the basement floor?
8. What do Arnette and Soane have in common in terms of being parents?
9. Why do some people believe that Senior Pullman's negative remarks are directed at Richard Misner?
10. In addition to being respected as founders of the town of Ruby, what is another way that the Morgan twins have power over the townspeople?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)