|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is K.D. doing at the opening of the chapter?
(a) Burlarizing a house in Demby.
(b) Hiding from his uncles.
(c) Brushing a dog.
(d) Writing a letter to Arnette.
2. Who takes Mavis to get gasoline for her car?
3. How long has Mavis been away from the Convent when she returns to meet Gigi?
(a) Three days.
(b) Six hours.
(d) One month.
4. Who did Connie have an affair with?
(a) Deek Morgan.
(b) K.D. Morgan.
(c) Steward Morgan.
(d) Frank Albright.
5. What do some residents of Ruby want to do to the community oven?
(a) Fit it with a better exhaust system.
(b) Convert it from wood to gas fueled.
(c) Rename it.
(d) Clean it with lye.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had most of the residents of Ruby resided prior to starting the town of Ruby?
2. Who stops to ask if Sweetie Fleetwood needs a ride?
3. What two items does Mavis take on her way out of the house late at night?
4. Who welcomes Mavis at the Convent without judging or questioning her?
5. What is Richard Misner advocating on behalf of the young people?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the founders of Ruby decide to name the town Ruby instead of New Haven?
2. What is immediately noticeable about Gigi?
3. How does Mavis retrieve her car and get it to the Convent?
4. Why does Gigi receive fifty dollars for the box she finds under the bathtub?
5. What are some possible reasons why few in Ruby believe Lone's version of what happened at the Convent?
6. Why is the town of Ruby not a place that attracts travelers?
7. What were the circumstances surrounding Ruby Best's death?
8. What sort of prejudice does Patricia witness in Ruby?
9. What does Deek believe that the tea that Connie gave Soane causes, and why is this ironic?
10. What reasons does Patricia give for not approving of Richard's talks with the young people of the town?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)