|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the nephew of the Morgan twins?
(a) Jester Meeks.
(b) K.D. Morgan.
(c) Toni Morrison.
(d) Ruby Tuesday.
2. Who sits beside Mavis while the interview is taking place?
(a) A police officer.
(b) The undertaker.
(c) Her attorney.
(d) Mavis' three surviving children.
3. The men who visit the Convent believe that there are none of what type of women in the town of Ruby?
4. What do some residents of Ruby want to do to the community oven?
(a) Convert it from wood to gas fueled.
(b) Fit it with a better exhaust system.
(c) Rename it.
(d) Clean it with lye.
5. What was the former profession of the old woman Connie tends?
(a) Train conductor.
(c) Probation officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Soane's husband?
2. Where does Richard Misner preach?
3. Who is the youngest male in the Morgan family?
4. Where were Deek and Steward born?
5. What is Gigi searching for when she arrives in Ruby?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the town of Haven not as affected by the Great Depression as most of the rest of the country?
2. What are some of town situations that Dovey Morgan thinks about?
3. What event cuts short Mavis's reunion upon arriving back at the Convent after a month's absence?
4. Why did the founders of Ruby decide to name the town Ruby instead of New Haven?
5. What conditions does Mavis's mother place on Mavis being able to stay at her house?
6. In addition to being respected as founders of the town of Ruby, what is another way that the Morgan twins have power over the townspeople?
7. How does Mavis get confused and diverted from her intention to go straight to California?
8. How has the community oven lost its significance?
9. How does Mavis retrieve her car and get it to the Convent?
10. Why does Mavis become frightened during the interview, and why does she decide to flee?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)