|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many restaurants does Ruby have?
2. What does Sweetie believe she hears during the night?
(a) A spotted owl.
(b) Crying children.
(c) A band practicing.
3. Who was Grace named after?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Grace Kelly.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Princess Grace.
4. Where is Gigi the first time that Mavis sees her?
(a) On television.
(b) Sprawled in the yard.
(c) In the cellar below the barn.
(d) On top of the windmill.
5. Why is Connie so upset when Gigi first meets her?
(a) The old woman that Connie has tended has died.
(b) A tornado has ruined Connie's garden.
(c) Connie thinks Gigi is a voodoo priestess.
(d) Someone stole Connie's tea making machines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the Cadillac after Mavis has it repainted?
2. Where were Deek and Steward born?
3. What unwashed, unprepared objects in the pantry at the Convent lead the men to believe that the women at the Convent are lazier than the women in Ruby?
4. What does Mavis do upon first seeing Gigi?
5. Who welcomes Mavis at the Convent without judging or questioning her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the men from Ruby justify such drastic action against the women at the Convent?
2. In addition to being respected as founders of the town of Ruby, what is another way that the Morgan twins have power over the townspeople?
3. Why does Mavis become frightened during the interview, and why does she decide to flee?
4. How does the plot not flow in a chronological manner in the chapter "Ruby"?
5. What means do the Morgan twins use to help their nephew out of trouble when he impregnates Arnette?
6. What conditions does Mavis's mother place on Mavis being able to stay at her house?
7. Why was the town of Haven not as affected by the Great Depression as most of the rest of the country?
8. How does Mavis retrieve her car and get it to the Convent?
9. Why is the town of Ruby not a place that attracts travelers?
10. What are some of town situations that Dovey Morgan thinks about?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)