|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many restaurants does Ruby have?
2. How did Soane and Deek's sons die?
(a) They were killed in the war.
(b) They drowned.
(c) They died in an automobile crash.
(d) They were lynched.
3. What is K.D. doing at the opening of the chapter?
(a) Burlarizing a house in Demby.
(b) Writing a letter to Arnette.
(c) Hiding from his uncles.
(d) Brushing a dog.
4. Where does Mavis's mother live?
5. Why does Connie have to tend to the old woman?
(a) The old woman is a fugitive from the law.
(b) Connie is the old woman's slave.
(c) The old woman is bedridden.
(d) Connie owes the old woman money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Seneca put on Sweetie's shoulders?
2. What color was the Cadillac originally?
3. Why does Mavis begin walking instead of driving the Cadillac?
4. Where did Mavis's twins die?
5. While the issue of Arnette's pregnancy is being worked out, what woman is K.D. most fascinated with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gigi become stranded at the convent?
2. Why did Seneca go to Wichita, and why was the trip unproductive?
3. What means do the Morgan twins use to help their nephew out of trouble when he impregnates Arnette?
4. In addition to growing vegetables, what is one of Connie's main tasks at the Convent?
5. How has the community oven lost its significance?
6. Why did the founders of Ruby decide to name the town Ruby instead of New Haven?
7. Why does Mavis become frightened during the interview, and why does she decide to flee?
8. When Gigi accepts a ride from Roger Best, what are her plans at that time?
9. What are some of town situations that Dovey Morgan thinks about?
10. What does Connie do to earn a meager income?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)