|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mavis begin walking instead of driving the Cadillac?
(a) The weather is wonderful.
(b) The car runs out of gasoline.
(c) The road is too narrow for a big car.
(d) She fears the car attracts too much attention.
2. How long does Mavis stay at the Convent, according to the chapter "Mavis"?
(a) Six Weeks.
(b) Three days.
(d) Two years.
3. What is Gigi's real name?
(a) She never reveals her true name.
(c) Gertrude Guest.
(d) Ginger Gentry.
4. Why did the families who settled Ruby leave Haven?
(a) The railroad gave them cash and new land.
(b) The price of cotton fell to unprofitable levels.
(c) Angry white mobs burned their homes.
(d) They fled an outbreak of yellow fever.
5. Where did the men hold the discussion that determined that they would attack the Convent?
(a) At the county courthouse.
(b) At the office of the justice of the peace.
(c) At the hotel kitchen.
(d) At the community oven.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the wealthiest men in Ruby, Oklahoma?
2. How many churches are located within the distance of one mile in Ruby?
3. Who is the nephew of the Morgan twins?
4. What color was the Cadillac originally?
5. What did someone paint on the oven?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Connie do to earn a meager income?
2. Though she was welcomed back home by her father, why did Pallas return to the Convent?
3. Why did Deek tell Roger to make sure all part's of Deek's son's funeral were black?
4. Why do the Fleetwoods blame Lone for problems with their grandchildren, and what evidence is there that the situation was not Lone's fault?
5. Why did the founders of Ruby decide to name the town Ruby instead of New Haven?
6. What reasons does Patricia give for not approving of Richard's talks with the young people of the town?
7. When there is a problem in Ruby who handles it?
8. What do Arnette and Soane have in common in terms of being parents?
9. How do the town of Ruby and the Convent share joint responsibility for the field of marijuana?
10. How has the community oven lost its significance?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)