|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the young man who walks into Anna's store seek?
(a) A job.
(b) Bargain liquor.
(c) Medicine for a baby and directions.
(d) The justice of the peace.
2. The town of Ruby is named after whom?
(a) Ruby Best.
(b) Ruby Tuesday.
(c) A famous dancer from Norman, Oklahoma.
(d) The wife of a Comanche Indian chief.
3. What did the families who settled Ruby, Oklahoma originally consider for a town name?
(b) New Haven.
(c) Diamond Flats.
4. What does Mavis do upon first seeing Gigi?
(a) Pretends not to see her.
(b) Slams on the brakes of her car.
(c) Demands to know if she saw the boys who stole the car tires.
(d) Offers her a diet soda.
5. Who gives Gigi a ride away from Ruby?
(b) Roger Best.
(c) Toni Morrison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is K.D. doing at the opening of the chapter?
2. Where is Gigi the first time that Mavis sees her?
3. After Arnette returns from college, what does she refuse to do?
4. Why does Connie have to tend to the old woman?
5. Where did Mavis's twins die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Connie do to earn a meager income?
2. Why is the town of Ruby not a place that attracts travelers?
3. Why is Mavis' mother less than supportive when Mavis arrives at her house?
4. How did Mavis' twins die, according to the story Mavis tells the reporter?
5. When there is a problem in Ruby who handles it?
6. How do the men from Ruby justify such drastic action against the women at the Convent?
7. What event cuts short Mavis's reunion upon arriving back at the Convent after a month's absence?
8. What are some of town situations that Dovey Morgan thinks about?
9. In addition to being respected as founders of the town of Ruby, what is another way that the Morgan twins have power over the townspeople?
10. When Gigi accepts a ride from Roger Best, what are her plans at that time?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)