|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state is the town of Ruby located?
(c) South Carolina.
2. What did the men do together before telling K.D. to get his rifle?
(a) Appeal to the local sheriff for help.
(b) Send a telegram to the state police.
(c) Pray in an Indian sweat lodge.
3. Where does Richard Misner preach?
(a) At the Convent.
(b) Mount Cavalry Church.
(c) Zion National Bank.
(d) On the street.
4. Where do Seneca and Sweetie walk together?
(a) In the garden.
(b) The Convent.
(c) To the community oven.
(d) To the well.
5. Why does Gigi remain at the Convent rather than continue on with Roger?
(a) Roger refuses to let her ride in his vehicle anymore.
(b) She stays to comfort a person that is terribly upset.
(c) Roger is a terrible driver.
(d) She doesn't trust the safety of Roger's vehicle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops to ask if Sweetie Fleetwood needs a ride?
2. How long has Mavis been away from the Convent when she returns to meet Gigi?
3. What is Gigi searching for when she arrives in Ruby?
4. Why is the friendship between Connie and Soane surprising?
5. The story opens with the following words:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mavis' mother less than supportive when Mavis arrives at her house?
2. Why does Deek drive to the bank even though it is a short distance?
3. What is one of the things the Morgan twins probably consider when they are trying to decide what to do about Arnette's pregnancy?
4. How did Mavis' twins die, according to the story Mavis tells the reporter?
5. Why do some of the residents leave Haven to found the town of Ruby?
6. When Gigi accepts a ride from Roger Best, what are her plans at that time?
7. What conditions does Mavis's mother place on Mavis being able to stay at her house?
8. What is immediately noticeable about Gigi?
9. How do the men from Ruby justify such drastic action against the women at the Convent?
10. In addition to being respected as founders of the town of Ruby, what is another way that the Morgan twins have power over the townspeople?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)