|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mavis initially plan to go after leaving Newark?
(a) FBI Headquarters.
2. Where does Richard Misner preach?
(a) At the Convent.
(b) Mount Cavalry Church.
(c) On the street.
(d) Zion National Bank.
3. Who are the wealthiest men in Ruby, Oklahoma?
(a) The bankers.
(b) The Roosevelt Club owners.
(c) The railroad barons.
(d) The Morgan twins.
4. Where does Arnette want to go in the coming year?
(a) The Convent.
(c) Baja California.
(d) St. Louis.
5. Why is the friendship between Connie and Soane surprising?
(a) Connie is an extreme racist, and Soane is black.
(b) Connie had an affair with Soane's husband.
(c) Soane often steals money from Connie.
(d) Connie and Soane competed for the same job at the textile factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mavis do to the Cadillac in Newark?
2. At the Convent, what does Roger load into his vehicle?
3. The town of Ruby is named after whom?
4. Who is in charge of operations at the Convent?
5. What does Seneca put on Sweetie's shoulders?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the plot not flow in a chronological manner in the chapter "Ruby"?
2. How does Mavis retrieve her car and get it to the Convent?
3. How do the men from Ruby justify such drastic action against the women at the Convent?
4. Why does Mavis become frightened during the interview, and why does she decide to flee?
5. How has the community oven lost its significance?
6. What are some of town situations that Dovey Morgan thinks about?
7. How did Mavis' twins die, according to the story Mavis tells the reporter?
8. How does Gigi become stranded at the convent?
9. Why is the town of Ruby not a place that attracts travelers?
10. Why did Seneca go to Wichita, and why was the trip unproductive?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)