|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Gigi the first time that Mavis sees her?
(a) Sprawled in the yard.
(b) On television.
(c) In the cellar below the barn.
(d) On top of the windmill.
2. The men who visit the Convent believe that there are none of what type of women in the town of Ruby?
3. What is the occupation of Roger Best?
(a) Medical doctor.
4. What was Mavis purchasing when the twins died?
(a) A new dress.
(b) Automobile insurance.
(d) Books for college.
5. Where does Mavis initially plan to go after leaving Newark?
(c) FBI Headquarters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the men do together before telling K.D. to get his rifle?
2. Why does Gigi remain at the Convent rather than continue on with Roger?
3. Why does Connie have to tend to the old woman?
4. What does Mavis come to believe about her husband's and children's intentions toward her?
5. Who is Soane's husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Deek tell Roger to make sure all part's of Deek's son's funeral were black?
2. What event cuts short Mavis's reunion upon arriving back at the Convent after a month's absence?
3. Why is Mavis' mother less than supportive when Mavis arrives at her house?
4. What means do the Morgan twins use to help their nephew out of trouble when he impregnates Arnette?
5. What causes the men to think that the women at the Convent are perhaps not as hard working as the women in Ruby?
6. Why did the founders of Ruby decide to name the town Ruby instead of New Haven?
7. How do the men from Ruby justify such drastic action against the women at the Convent?
8. Why does Mavis become frightened during the interview, and why does she decide to flee?
9. In addition to growing vegetables, what is one of Connie's main tasks at the Convent?
10. How does Gigi become stranded at the convent?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)