|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the driver not previously known he was carrying?
(c) Illegal aliens.
(d) Radioactive coal.
2. What was the former profession of the old woman Connie tends?
(b) Probation officer.
(c) Train conductor.
3. What does the woman who hires Seneca claim she needs?
(a) A cook.
(b) A typist.
(c) A live-in nurse.
(d) A model for her painting.
4. Why does Gigi remain at the Convent rather than continue on with Roger?
(a) Roger refuses to let her ride in his vehicle anymore.
(b) Roger is a terrible driver.
(c) She stays to comfort a person that is terribly upset.
(d) She doesn't trust the safety of Roger's vehicle.
5. What were the names of Soane and Deek's sons?
(a) Bernard and Arthur.
(b) Arthur and Benjamin.
(c) Easter and Scout.
(d) Jeff and David.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Steward Morgan's twin brother?
2. Why is Connie so upset when Gigi first meets her?
3. What did the men do together before telling K.D. to get his rifle?
4. After Arnette returns from college, what does she refuse to do?
5. Who does K.D. blame for Arnette's pregnancy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the town of Haven not as affected by the Great Depression as most of the rest of the country?
2. How did Mavis' twins die, according to the story Mavis tells the reporter?
3. What means do the Morgan twins use to help their nephew out of trouble when he impregnates Arnette?
4. Why do some of the residents leave Haven to found the town of Ruby?
5. How has the community oven lost its significance?
6. What conditions does Mavis's mother place on Mavis being able to stay at her house?
7. How do the men from Ruby justify such drastic action against the women at the Convent?
8. Why did Deek tell Roger to make sure all part's of Deek's son's funeral were black?
9. What does Connie do to earn a meager income?
10. Why is there instant animosity between Mavis and Gigi?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)