|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman who hires Seneca claim she needs?
(a) A typist.
(b) A model for her painting.
(c) A cook.
(d) A live-in nurse.
2. What is Gigi's real name?
(a) She never reveals her true name.
(c) Gertrude Guest.
(d) Ginger Gentry.
3. How did Connie meet the old woman she tends at the Convent?
(a) The old woman is Connie's birth mother.
(b) Connie worked for the old woman at the textile factory.
(c) The old woman is Connie's sister.
(d) The old woman adopted Connie when she was nine.
4. Why does Gigi remain at the Convent rather than continue on with Roger?
(a) She stays to comfort a person that is terribly upset.
(b) Roger is a terrible driver.
(c) Roger refuses to let her ride in his vehicle anymore.
(d) She doesn't trust the safety of Roger's vehicle.
5. The men who visit the Convent believe that there are none of what type of women in the town of Ruby?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the names of Soane and Deek's sons?
2. Who stops to ask if Sweetie Fleetwood needs a ride?
3. What color is the Cadillac after Mavis has it repainted?
4. What does Mavis do to the Cadillac in Newark?
5. How many churches are located within the distance of one mile in Ruby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of town situations that Dovey Morgan thinks about?
2. Why is the town of Ruby not a place that attracts travelers?
3. What means do the Morgan twins use to help their nephew out of trouble when he impregnates Arnette?
4. Why do some of the residents leave Haven to found the town of Ruby?
5. Why does Mavis become frightened during the interview, and why does she decide to flee?
6. What is immediately noticeable about Gigi?
7. How does the plot not flow in a chronological manner in the chapter "Ruby"?
8. Why is there instant animosity between Mavis and Gigi?
9. What does Connie do to earn a meager income?
10. Why did Seneca go to Wichita, and why was the trip unproductive?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)