|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of year does the girl who arrives at the Convent at the end of the chapter say it is?
(a) "The Ides of March."
(b) "Indian Summer."
(c) "Fool's Winter."
(d) "Almost August."
2. What had the driver not previously known he was carrying?
(a) Illegal aliens.
(c) Radioactive coal.
3. How many restaurants does Ruby have?
4. Who welcomes Mavis at the Convent without judging or questioning her?
5. What is Gigi searching for when she arrives in Ruby?
(a) A mountain that looks like two lovers locked in embrace.
(b) Her birth mother.
(d) Mavis's Cadillac.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Gigi the first time that Mavis sees her?
2. What is Gigi's real name?
3. Who drives Mavis to the Cadillac?
4. What type of law enforcement organization does the town of Ruby have?
5. What is the occupation of Roger Best?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the town of Haven not as affected by the Great Depression as most of the rest of the country?
2. How did Mavis' twins die, according to the story Mavis tells the reporter?
3. What causes the men to think that the women at the Convent are perhaps not as hard working as the women in Ruby?
4. In addition to being respected as founders of the town of Ruby, what is another way that the Morgan twins have power over the townspeople?
5. What are some of town situations that Dovey Morgan thinks about?
6. What is one of the things the Morgan twins probably consider when they are trying to decide what to do about Arnette's pregnancy?
7. What means do the Morgan twins use to help their nephew out of trouble when he impregnates Arnette?
8. What event cuts short Mavis's reunion upon arriving back at the Convent after a month's absence?
9. What conditions does Mavis's mother place on Mavis being able to stay at her house?
10. Why is Mavis' mother less than supportive when Mavis arrives at her house?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)