|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Richard concerned about Billie?
(a) She was last seen with a known criminal.
(b) She seems to be involved in a dispute among the Poole family.
(c) She is a suspect in the robbery.
(d) Her name came up in a recent police investigation.
2. What is one of the mishaps that the men of Ruby blame on the women of the Convent?
(a) The depleted ozone layer.
(b) The low price of cotton.
(c) Acid rain.
(d) The death of the young couple in the car.
3. What was the name of the woman who took care of Lone after Lone's mother died?
(a) Fairy DuPres.
(b) Mary Magna.
(d) Mavis Albright.
4. What was a young man doing when he caught Connie's attention for the first time?
(a) Plucking a chicken.
(b) Selling lemonade.
(c) Riding a horse.
(d) Juggling bowling pins.
5. What does the box Gigi finds under the bathtub contain?
(a) Assorted bolts and screws.
(b) The key to the sub-basement.
(c) A pistol.
(d) Worthless old banknotes.
6. How do the women respond to Lone's warning?
(a) They flee in panic.
(b) They are not at all alarmed.
(c) Under Connie's supervision they begin constructing fortifications.
(d) They send Mavis to inform the state police.
7. Who did Billie first turn to after the violent argument with her mother?
(b) Anna Flood.
8. Consolata is known to the people of Ruby by what name?
9. Where do the women of the Convent dance?
(a) Everywhere, day and night.
(b) On the roof of the barn.
(c) Wherever the people of Ruby hold community dances.
(d) In the rain.
10. What does Deek believe concerning the effects of the tea Connie gives Soane?
(a) It is a healthy vitamin supplement.
(b) It makes Soane easy for Connie to control.
(c) It is slowly killing Soane.
(d) It makes Soane less loving.
11. Why are some of the older residents of Ruby unhappy with Richard Misner?
(a) He steals from the church.
(b) He speaks to the young people and encourages them to express their views.
(c) He has seven illegitimate children.
(d) He drinks too much.
12. How many founding families arrived in Ruby?
13. Who tells Patricia of what K.D. and Arnette are expecting?
(b) Lone DuPres.
(c) Richard Misner.
14. What does Arnette bring to the Convent after her wedding?
(a) A gun.
(b) Her ruined dress.
(c) Wedding cake.
(d) Leftover flowers.
15. How does Lone feel about the young couples' tendency to go to hospitals to deliver their babies?
(b) Relieved that they are finally taking medical care seriously.
(d) Indifferent so long as she receives her tax refund on time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Patricia's father Roger often has ideas for new what?
2. What was the occupation of the woman who took care of Lone after Lone's mother died?
3. What does Lone hear the men plotting?
4. How does Patricia feel about the views she believes Richard is teaching to the young people?
5. How old was Consolata when she was found by the sisters including Mary Magna?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)