|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Richard concerned about Billie?
(a) She was last seen with a known criminal.
(b) Her name came up in a recent police investigation.
(c) She seems to be involved in a dispute among the Poole family.
(d) She is a suspect in the robbery.
2. What is one possible reason that Menus drinks too much?
(a) He feels bad for abandoning the woman.
(b) It is the only way he can control the pain of his injured leg.
(c) Connie gives him free wine.
(d) He enjoys upsetting everyone.
3. How many founding families arrived in Ruby?
4. What is one deed the Convent is blamed for that was actually committed by K.D.?
(a) The planting of marijuana.
(b) The report to the governor.
(c) The theft of the mine payroll.
(d) The contamination of the well.
5. What does Lone hear the men plotting?
(a) An attack on the Convent.
(b) A way to cheat in the stock market.
(c) A way to set a trap for the community oven vandals.
(d) A vote of no confidence for the sitting mayor.
6. What had happened to Lone's birth mother before the group headed to Ruby arrived?
(a) She died.
(b) She had contracted typhoid.
(c) She had won the state fair quilting contest.
(d) She had been elected to county office.
7. What was the occupation of the woman who took care of Lone after Lone's mother died?
(a) Textile worker.
8. What is one of Patricia's hobbies?
(b) Stamp collecting.
9. Why was Menus forced to abandon the woman he brought from Virginia?
(a) She got pregnant, and Menus was afraid.
(b) She compulsively stole everything she could.
(c) She was too light skinned.
(d) She had a substance abuse problem.
10. What was Lone gathering when she overheard the men plotting?
11. Who is Billie Delia's mother?
(b) Mavis Albright.
(c) Patricia Best.
12. What country was Consolata originally from?
13. Who joins Pallas when she dances with the rest of the women at the Convent?
(a) Her former art teacher.
(b) Her healthy baby son.
(d) Her father.
14. What two Convent women have a physical altercation?
(a) Mavis and Gigi.
(b) Seneca and Sweetie.
(c) Arnette and Billie.
(d) Pallas and Connie.
15. What was the name of the woman who took care of Lone after Lone's mother died?
(a) Mavis Albright.
(b) Fairy DuPres.
(c) Mary Magna.
Short Answer Questions
1. Consolata is known to the people of Ruby by what name?
2. Who tells Patricia of what K.D. and Arnette are expecting?
3. How do the women respond to Lone's warning?
4. Where does Connie spend an increasing amount of time?
5. Richard thinks that the older men of Ruby constantly tell stories of ancestor's efforts to found a town but never tell of what?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)