|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Richard Misner arrives to visit Patricia, what does he want to know?
(a) The name of his birth mother.
(b) If Patricia ever intends to pay her phone bill.
(c) Billie's whereabouts.
(d) The cost of installing a fence on his property.
2. Who did Billie first turn to after the violent argument with her mother?
(a) Anna Flood.
3. Where do the women of the Convent dance?
(a) Wherever the people of Ruby hold community dances.
(b) Everywhere, day and night.
(c) In the rain.
(d) On the roof of the barn.
4. What two families display open animosity?
(a) The Albrights and the Deeks.
(b) The Morgans and the Fleetwoods.
(c) The Morrisons and the Misners.
(d) The Hatefields and McDougals.
5. What is one of Patricia's hobbies?
(a) Stamp collecting.
6. What had happened to Lone's birth mother before the group headed to Ruby arrived?
(a) She had contracted typhoid.
(b) She died.
(c) She had won the state fair quilting contest.
(d) She had been elected to county office.
7. Where does Connie spend an increasing amount of time?
(a) The basement.
(b) The community oven.
(c) The confessional.
(d) Deek Morgan's house.
8. How does Lone get to the Convent to warn the women?
(a) She borrows Gigi's bicycle.
(b) She runs.
(c) She drives.
(d) She steals a horse.
9. Why did Pallas flee from her boyfriend and her mother?
(a) She did not flee; she got lost.
(b) She discovered that the two were involved in a crime ring.
(c) She discovered that they were having an affair.
(d) She believed they were going to kill her.
10. How do the women respond to Lone's warning?
(a) They are not at all alarmed.
(b) They flee in panic.
(c) Under Connie's supervision they begin constructing fortifications.
(d) They send Mavis to inform the state police.
11. What are Richard and Anna contemplating?
(a) Leasing land from the Convent.
(c) Opening a day care business.
(d) Opening Ruby's first restaurant.
12. How old was Consolata when she was found by the sisters including Mary Magna?
13. What type of views does Patricia believe that Richard is teaching to the young people?
14. How does Patricia feel about the views she believes Richard is teaching to the young people?
(a) She is full of admiration.
(b) She does not approve.
(d) Skeptical but willing to help.
15. How does Lone feel about the young couples' tendency to go to hospitals to deliver their babies?
(a) Relieved that they are finally taking medical care seriously.
(b) Indifferent so long as she receives her tax refund on time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has been injured in the automobile accident that Lone and Connie find?
2. Why was Menus forced to abandon the woman he brought from Virginia?
3. How old was Connie when the man finally came to her?
4. Who joins Pallas when she dances with the rest of the women at the Convent?
5. Why does Lone believe that the women of the Convent could not possibly be responsible for the handicaps of the Fleetwood children?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)