|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the original group traveling to what would become Ruby take some babies from their homes?
(a) The founders knew they would need laborers to work in the fields.
(b) The babies' parents sold the babies to the founders.
(c) They were afraid white people would make them slaves.
(d) The babies were in intolerable circumstances.
2. What type of views does Patricia believe that Richard is teaching to the young people?
3. What is one deed the Convent is blamed for that was actually committed by K.D.?
(a) The planting of marijuana.
(b) The contamination of the well.
(c) The report to the governor.
(d) The theft of the mine payroll.
4. When Richard Misner arrives to visit Patricia, what does he want to know?
(a) The name of his birth mother.
(b) The cost of installing a fence on his property.
(c) If Patricia ever intends to pay her phone bill.
(d) Billie's whereabouts.
5. How old was Consolata when she was found by the sisters including Mary Magna?
6. What does Lone hear the men plotting?
(a) A way to set a trap for the community oven vandals.
(b) A vote of no confidence for the sitting mayor.
(c) An attack on the Convent.
(d) A way to cheat in the stock market.
7. What does the box Gigi finds under the bathtub contain?
(a) Worthless old banknotes.
(b) A pistol.
(c) The key to the sub-basement.
(d) Assorted bolts and screws.
8. How many children has Lone DuPres delivered since the last of the Fleetwood children?
9. Patricia's father Roger often has ideas for new what?
(a) Social programs.
(d) Political causes.
10. The group that first arrived to found the town of Ruby shared a common dislike for what other group?
(b) Native Americans.
11. What are Richard and Anna contemplating?
(b) Leasing land from the Convent.
(c) Opening a day care business.
(d) Opening Ruby's first restaurant.
12. How does Patricia feel about the views she believes Richard is teaching to the young people?
(a) She is full of admiration.
(b) Skeptical but willing to help.
(c) She does not approve.
13. Why are some of the older residents of Ruby unhappy with Richard Misner?
(a) He drinks too much.
(b) He has seven illegitimate children.
(c) He steals from the church.
(d) He speaks to the young people and encourages them to express their views.
14. Who is Arnette's maid of honor?
(a) Pallas Truelove.
(d) Billie Delia.
15. Who did Billie first turn to after the violent argument with her mother?
(d) Anna Flood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Menus forced to abandon the woman he brought from Virginia?
2. Where does Connie spend an increasing amount of time?
3. What is one possible reason that Menus drinks too much?
4. One day, who arrives at the Convent instead of Deek?
5. What was Lone gathering when she overheard the men plotting?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)