|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Patricia feel about the views she believes Richard is teaching to the young people?
(a) She does not approve.
(c) She is full of admiration.
(d) Skeptical but willing to help.
2. Connie and the man have regular meetings on what day of the week?
3. Patricia's father Roger often has ideas for new what?
(b) Political causes.
(c) Social programs.
4. How does Lone feel about the young couples' tendency to go to hospitals to deliver their babies?
(c) Relieved that they are finally taking medical care seriously.
(d) Indifferent so long as she receives her tax refund on time.
5. Why was Menus forced to abandon the woman he brought from Virginia?
(a) She was too light skinned.
(b) She had a substance abuse problem.
(c) She compulsively stole everything she could.
(d) She got pregnant, and Menus was afraid.
6. Who has been injured in the automobile accident that Lone and Connie find?
(a) Deek Morgan.
(b) Mary Magna.
(c) Scout Morgan.
(d) Soane Morgan.
7. How old was Consolata when she was found by the sisters including Mary Magna?
8. Where does Connie spend an increasing amount of time?
(a) The basement.
(b) The community oven.
(c) The confessional.
(d) Deek Morgan's house.
9. Why is Billie skeptical about the chances of a happy marriage between Arnette and K.D.?
(a) Arnette had to give up her dream of being a blues singer to marry K.D.
(b) K.D. agreed to marry Arnette only after Gigi stopped seeing him.
(c) Unlike Arnette, K.D. comes from a poor family.
(d) Arnette never really cared for K.D.
10. In what conditions did the nuns find Consolata?
(a) She had applied and been rejected by another convent.
(b) She was destitute and living on the streets.
(c) She was an aspiring model and developing an eating disorder.
(d) She was having the time in her life working in a carnival sideshow.
11. What does Deek believe concerning the effects of the tea Connie gives Soane?
(a) It makes Soane easy for Connie to control.
(b) It makes Soane less loving.
(c) It is slowly killing Soane.
(d) It is a healthy vitamin supplement.
12. What does Lone do after hearing the men plotting?
(a) She directly confronts the men.
(b) She calls the newspaper city desk editor.
(c) She decides to tell no one.
(d) She drives to the Convent to warn the women.
13. When Richard Misner arrives to visit Patricia, what does he want to know?
(a) The cost of installing a fence on his property.
(b) If Patricia ever intends to pay her phone bill.
(c) Billie's whereabouts.
(d) The name of his birth mother.
14. Who is the man who has secret meetings with Connie?
(a) Richard Misner.
(b) K.D. Morgan.
(c) Frank Albright.
(d) Deek Morgan.
15. Who raised Lone DuPres?
(a) Fairy DuPres.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Arnette's maid of honor?
2. What are K.D. and Arnette expecting?
3. To what institution did the foundation donate the Convent?
4. Why is Richard concerned about Billie?
5. What does Connie realize about Pallas before even Pallas knows?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)