|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Consolata when she was found by the sisters including Mary Magna?
2. Who raised Lone DuPres?
(d) Fairy DuPres.
3. What was Lone gathering when she overheard the men plotting?
4. What does Soane want Connie to help her with?
(a) She wants to learn food preservation techniques.
(b) She wants to be rid of her unborn child.
(c) She wants to learn how to use an abacus.
(d) She wants help finding an escaped goat.
5. What does Deek believe concerning the effects of the tea Connie gives Soane?
(a) It makes Soane easy for Connie to control.
(b) It is a healthy vitamin supplement.
(c) It makes Soane less loving.
(d) It is slowly killing Soane.
6. Why does Lone believe that the women of the Convent could not possibly be responsible for the handicaps of the Fleetwood children?
(a) The cancerous growths of the children are from uranium, and the women of the convent do not have access to uranium.
(b) Lone believes that the women of the Convent are perfect and can do no wrong.
(c) Lone knows that she alone is responsible.
(d) The first of the children were born before the women arrived at the Convent.
7. What did the nuns operate at the convent before loosing funding?
(a) A homeless shelter.
(b) A recycling plant.
(c) A school for girls.
(d) A soup kitchen.
8. To what institution did the foundation donate the Convent?
(a) The United States Department of the Interior.
(b) The State of Oklahoma.
(c) The Bureau of Land Management.
(d) The Catholic Church.
9. What are K.D. and Arnette expecting?
(a) A new job for K.D.
(b) A baby.
(c) A home loan.
(d) To win the lottery.
10. What are Richard and Anna contemplating?
(a) Opening Ruby's first restaurant.
(b) Leasing land from the Convent.
(d) Opening a day care business.
11. What does Connie realize about Pallas before even Pallas knows?
(a) Pallas will rule the Convent.
(b) Pallas is pregnant.
(c) Pallas has smallpox.
(d) Pallas wants to kill Connie.
12. What is one deed the Convent is blamed for that was actually committed by K.D.?
(a) The planting of marijuana.
(b) The contamination of the well.
(c) The theft of the mine payroll.
(d) The report to the governor.
13. How many bodies does Roger pick up at the Convent?
14. What had happened to Lone's birth mother before the group headed to Ruby arrived?
(a) She had contracted typhoid.
(b) She died.
(c) She had been elected to county office.
(d) She had won the state fair quilting contest.
15. What was the name of the woman who took care of Lone after Lone's mother died?
(a) Fairy DuPres.
(b) Mavis Albright.
(d) Mary Magna.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Connie when the man finally came to her?
2. What sort of family did Pallas come from?
3. What was the occupation of the woman who took care of Lone after Lone's mother died?
4. How many children has Lone DuPres delivered since the last of the Fleetwood children?
5. Why did the original group traveling to what would become Ruby take some babies from their homes?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)