|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the occupation of the woman who took care of Lone after Lone's mother died?
(b) Textile worker.
2. Patricia's father Roger often has ideas for new what?
(b) Social programs.
(c) Political causes.
3. What was a young man doing when he caught Connie's attention for the first time?
(a) Plucking a chicken.
(b) Riding a horse.
(c) Selling lemonade.
(d) Juggling bowling pins.
4. What was the occupation of the person that raised Lone DuPres?
(d) Textile worker.
5. Why is Richard concerned about Billie?
(a) She is a suspect in the robbery.
(b) Her name came up in a recent police investigation.
(c) She seems to be involved in a dispute among the Poole family.
(d) She was last seen with a known criminal.
6. What does Connie realize about Pallas before even Pallas knows?
(a) Pallas wants to kill Connie.
(b) Pallas is pregnant.
(c) Pallas has smallpox.
(d) Pallas will rule the Convent.
7. Where does Patricia say that Billie currently resides?
(a) In a grave.
(b) At the Convent.
(c) With her husband.
8. What did Deek buy when he first came to Connie?
(b) Religious artifacts.
(d) Papal indulgences.
9. Where is Lone when she hears the men talking?
(a) At Andy's candy apple stand.
(b) Near the community oven.
(c) In the back of the saloon.
(d) On the porch of her hairdressing shop.
10. Where does Connie spend an increasing amount of time?
(a) The confessional.
(b) The basement.
(c) The community oven.
(d) Deek Morgan's house.
11. Consolata is known to the people of Ruby by what name?
12. What are K.D. and Arnette expecting?
(a) A new job for K.D.
(b) A baby.
(c) To win the lottery.
(d) A home loan.
13. What is one possible reason that Menus drinks too much?
(a) It is the only way he can control the pain of his injured leg.
(b) Connie gives him free wine.
(c) He enjoys upsetting everyone.
(d) He feels bad for abandoning the woman.
14. What two families display open animosity?
(a) The Hatefields and McDougals.
(b) The Albrights and the Deeks.
(c) The Morrisons and the Misners.
(d) The Morgans and the Fleetwoods.
15. What is one of the mishaps that the men of Ruby blame on the women of the Convent?
(a) The low price of cotton.
(b) The death of the young couple in the car.
(c) The depleted ozone layer.
(d) Acid rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of views does Patricia believe that Richard is teaching to the young people?
2. How do the women respond to Lone's warning?
3. What is one of Patricia's hobbies?
4. How old was Connie when the man finally came to her?
5. How many children has Lone DuPres delivered since the last of the Fleetwood children?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)