|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom do Pullman's accusatory statements seem directed at?
(a) Richard Misner.
(b) Bishop Jones.
(c) Abbess Connie.
2. What was Lone gathering when she overheard the men plotting?
3. What does Soane want Connie to help her with?
(a) She wants to learn food preservation techniques.
(b) She wants to learn how to use an abacus.
(c) She wants to be rid of her unborn child.
(d) She wants help finding an escaped goat.
4. How does Patricia feel about the views she believes Richard is teaching to the young people?
(a) She does not approve.
(c) She is full of admiration.
(d) Skeptical but willing to help.
5. What does Lone hear the men plotting?
(a) A vote of no confidence for the sitting mayor.
(b) An attack on the Convent.
(c) A way to set a trap for the community oven vandals.
(d) A way to cheat in the stock market.
6. Why is Richard concerned about Billie?
(a) She seems to be involved in a dispute among the Poole family.
(b) She was last seen with a known criminal.
(c) Her name came up in a recent police investigation.
(d) She is a suspect in the robbery.
7. How does Lone get to the Convent to warn the women?
(a) She runs.
(b) She borrows Gigi's bicycle.
(c) She steals a horse.
(d) She drives.
8. Where is Lone when she hears the men talking?
(a) At Andy's candy apple stand.
(b) On the porch of her hairdressing shop.
(c) Near the community oven.
(d) In the back of the saloon.
9. Why did the original group traveling to what would become Ruby take some babies from their homes?
(a) They were afraid white people would make them slaves.
(b) The babies were in intolerable circumstances.
(c) The founders knew they would need laborers to work in the fields.
(d) The babies' parents sold the babies to the founders.
10. How old was the man when he finally came to Connie?
11. Why is Billie skeptical about the chances of a happy marriage between Arnette and K.D.?
(a) Unlike Arnette, K.D. comes from a poor family.
(b) Arnette never really cared for K.D.
(c) K.D. agreed to marry Arnette only after Gigi stopped seeing him.
(d) Arnette had to give up her dream of being a blues singer to marry K.D.
12. What is Lone DuPres's occupation?
(a) Textile worker.
13. What is one of the mishaps that the men of Ruby blame on the women of the Convent?
(a) The depleted ozone layer.
(b) Acid rain.
(c) The death of the young couple in the car.
(d) The low price of cotton.
14. What did Deek buy when he first came to Connie?
(a) Papal indulgences.
(c) Religious artifacts.
15. Who has been injured in the automobile accident that Lone and Connie find?
(a) Soane Morgan.
(b) Scout Morgan.
(c) Mary Magna.
(d) Deek Morgan.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Richard Misner arrives to visit Patricia, what does he want to know?
2. Who tells Patricia of what K.D. and Arnette are expecting?
3. What does Deek do immediately upon arriving at the Convent?
4. Who does Pallas believe she should contact?
5. Who did Billie first turn to after the violent argument with her mother?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)