|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what conditions did the nuns find Consolata?
(a) She was an aspiring model and developing an eating disorder.
(b) She was destitute and living on the streets.
(c) She had applied and been rejected by another convent.
(d) She was having the time in her life working in a carnival sideshow.
2. When Richard Misner arrives to visit Patricia, what does he want to know?
(a) If Patricia ever intends to pay her phone bill.
(b) The name of his birth mother.
(c) The cost of installing a fence on his property.
(d) Billie's whereabouts.
3. What in the basement attracts Connie?
4. Who joins Pallas when she dances with the rest of the women at the Convent?
(b) Her former art teacher.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her healthy baby son.
5. How does Lone get to the Convent to warn the women?
(a) She steals a horse.
(b) She borrows Gigi's bicycle.
(c) She drives.
(d) She runs.
6. What does Lone do after hearing the men plotting?
(a) She decides to tell no one.
(b) She directly confronts the men.
(c) She drives to the Convent to warn the women.
(d) She calls the newspaper city desk editor.
7. What did the nuns operate at the convent before loosing funding?
(a) A school for girls.
(b) A recycling plant.
(c) A homeless shelter.
(d) A soup kitchen.
8. What was the man who built the Convent arrested for?
(c) Barn burning.
(d) Insurance fraud.
9. What is Lone DuPres's occupation?
(c) Textile worker.
10. What is one possible reason that Menus drinks too much?
(a) He feels bad for abandoning the woman.
(b) He enjoys upsetting everyone.
(c) It is the only way he can control the pain of his injured leg.
(d) Connie gives him free wine.
11. Who does Pallas believe she should contact?
(a) Her old boyfriend.
(b) The police.
(c) Her high school guidance counselor.
(d) Her father.
12. What does Lone hear the men plotting?
(a) A way to set a trap for the community oven vandals.
(b) A vote of no confidence for the sitting mayor.
(c) An attack on the Convent.
(d) A way to cheat in the stock market.
13. Why is Billie skeptical about the chances of a happy marriage between Arnette and K.D.?
(a) K.D. agreed to marry Arnette only after Gigi stopped seeing him.
(b) Arnette never really cared for K.D.
(c) Arnette had to give up her dream of being a blues singer to marry K.D.
(d) Unlike Arnette, K.D. comes from a poor family.
14. How old was Consolata when she was found by the sisters including Mary Magna?
15. What is one of the mishaps that the men of Ruby blame on the women of the Convent?
(a) The depleted ozone layer.
(b) The low price of cotton.
(c) Acid rain.
(d) The death of the young couple in the car.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Connie when the man finally came to her?
2. What was Lone gathering when she overheard the men plotting?
3. How many founding families arrived in Ruby?
4. Connie and the man have regular meetings on what day of the week?
5. How does Patricia feel about the views she believes Richard is teaching to the young people?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)