|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the woman who took care of Lone after Lone's mother died?
(a) Mary Magna.
(b) Fairy DuPres.
(d) Mavis Albright.
2. How old was Connie when the man finally came to her?
3. Who joins Pallas when she dances with the rest of the women at the Convent?
(b) Her former art teacher.
(c) Her healthy baby son.
(d) Her father.
4. Who did Billie first turn to after the violent argument with her mother?
(b) Anna Flood.
5. What does Lone hear the men plotting?
(a) A way to cheat in the stock market.
(b) A vote of no confidence for the sitting mayor.
(c) A way to set a trap for the community oven vandals.
(d) An attack on the Convent.
6. Connie and the man have regular meetings on what day of the week?
7. What is one of the mishaps that the men of Ruby blame on the women of the Convent?
(a) The death of the young couple in the car.
(b) The depleted ozone layer.
(c) Acid rain.
(d) The low price of cotton.
8. Patricia's father Roger often has ideas for new what?
(c) Social programs.
(d) Political causes.
9. In addition to Connie, which was the only nun to remain at the Convent?
(a) Mother Jones.
(b) Sister Christian.
(c) Lila Jane.
(d) Mary Magna.
10. What does Soane want Connie to help her with?
(a) She wants to be rid of her unborn child.
(b) She wants to learn how to use an abacus.
(c) She wants help finding an escaped goat.
(d) She wants to learn food preservation techniques.
11. Who has been injured in the automobile accident that Lone and Connie find?
(a) Soane Morgan.
(b) Deek Morgan.
(c) Mary Magna.
(d) Scout Morgan.
12. Where does Connie spend an increasing amount of time?
(a) The basement.
(b) Deek Morgan's house.
(c) The confessional.
(d) The community oven.
13. What does Arnette bring to the Convent after her wedding?
(a) Her ruined dress.
(b) Leftover flowers.
(c) Wedding cake.
(d) A gun.
14. Where do the women of the Convent dance?
(a) Wherever the people of Ruby hold community dances.
(b) In the rain.
(c) Everywhere, day and night.
(d) On the roof of the barn.
15. What in the basement attracts Connie?
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to Senior Pullman, who presides at K.D. and Arnette's wedding?
2. Consolata is known to the people of Ruby by what name?
3. What was the man who built the Convent arrested for?
4. What does Deek believe concerning the effects of the tea Connie gives Soane?
5. What was the occupation of the person that raised Lone DuPres?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)