|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the woman who took care of Lone after Lone's mother died?
(a) Mavis Albright.
(b) Mary Magna.
(d) Fairy DuPres.
2. What did the nuns operate at the convent before loosing funding?
(a) A school for girls.
(b) A soup kitchen.
(c) A recycling plant.
(d) A homeless shelter.
3. How does Lone feel about the young couples' tendency to go to hospitals to deliver their babies?
(b) Relieved that they are finally taking medical care seriously.
(d) Indifferent so long as she receives her tax refund on time.
4. How old was Connie when the man finally came to her?
5. What does Connie realize about Pallas before even Pallas knows?
(a) Pallas is pregnant.
(b) Pallas will rule the Convent.
(c) Pallas has smallpox.
(d) Pallas wants to kill Connie.
6. How many children has Lone DuPres delivered since the last of the Fleetwood children?
7. What country was Consolata originally from?
8. How does Lone get to the Convent to warn the women?
(a) She borrows Gigi's bicycle.
(b) She steals a horse.
(c) She runs.
(d) She drives.
9. Connie and the man have regular meetings on what day of the week?
10. Richard thinks that the older men of Ruby constantly tell stories of ancestor's efforts to found a town but never tell of what?
(a) How they moved livestock.
(b) Their own efforts.
(c) The women who assisted them.
(d) Where the ancestors hid the gold.
11. To whom do Pullman's accusatory statements seem directed at?
(a) Abbess Connie.
(b) Richard Misner.
(c) Bishop Jones.
12. What was the occupation of the person that raised Lone DuPres?
(c) Textile worker.
13. Where does Patricia say that Billie currently resides?
(b) At the Convent.
(c) With her husband.
(d) In a grave.
14. Who tells Patricia of what K.D. and Arnette are expecting?
(b) Richard Misner.
(c) Lone DuPres.
15. Where is Lone when she hears the men talking?
(a) Near the community oven.
(b) At Andy's candy apple stand.
(c) In the back of the saloon.
(d) On the porch of her hairdressing shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one possible reason that Menus drinks too much?
2. What does the box Gigi finds under the bathtub contain?
3. Why did the original group traveling to what would become Ruby take some babies from their homes?
4. What two Convent women have a physical altercation?
5. Consolata is known to the people of Ruby by what name?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)