|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one possible reason that Menus drinks too much?
(a) Connie gives him free wine.
(b) He feels bad for abandoning the woman.
(c) It is the only way he can control the pain of his injured leg.
(d) He enjoys upsetting everyone.
2. Who is the man who has secret meetings with Connie?
(a) Richard Misner.
(b) Deek Morgan.
(c) Frank Albright.
(d) K.D. Morgan.
3. How does Patricia feel about the views she believes Richard is teaching to the young people?
(b) Skeptical but willing to help.
(c) She is full of admiration.
(d) She does not approve.
4. Why was Menus forced to abandon the woman he brought from Virginia?
(a) She had a substance abuse problem.
(b) She compulsively stole everything she could.
(c) She was too light skinned.
(d) She got pregnant, and Menus was afraid.
5. Why is Richard concerned about Billie?
(a) She seems to be involved in a dispute among the Poole family.
(b) She was last seen with a known criminal.
(c) Her name came up in a recent police investigation.
(d) She is a suspect in the robbery.
6. How many founding families arrived in Ruby?
7. What is one deed the Convent is blamed for that was actually committed by K.D.?
(a) The contamination of the well.
(b) The report to the governor.
(c) The theft of the mine payroll.
(d) The planting of marijuana.
8. What did the nuns operate at the convent before loosing funding?
(a) A school for girls.
(b) A soup kitchen.
(c) A recycling plant.
(d) A homeless shelter.
9. Where does Connie spend an increasing amount of time?
(a) Deek Morgan's house.
(b) The basement.
(c) The confessional.
(d) The community oven.
10. To whom do Pullman's accusatory statements seem directed at?
(a) Abbess Connie.
(b) Bishop Jones.
(d) Richard Misner.
11. How old was Consolata when she was found by the sisters including Mary Magna?
12. How does Lone feel about the young couples' tendency to go to hospitals to deliver their babies?
(a) Indifferent so long as she receives her tax refund on time.
(c) Relieved that they are finally taking medical care seriously.
13. In addition to Connie, which was the only nun to remain at the Convent?
(a) Mother Jones.
(b) Sister Christian.
(c) Mary Magna.
(d) Lila Jane.
14. What does Deek believe concerning the effects of the tea Connie gives Soane?
(a) It is slowly killing Soane.
(b) It makes Soane easy for Connie to control.
(c) It makes Soane less loving.
(d) It is a healthy vitamin supplement.
15. What had happened to Lone's birth mother before the group headed to Ruby arrived?
(a) She had been elected to county office.
(b) She had contracted typhoid.
(c) She had won the state fair quilting contest.
(d) She died.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children has Lone DuPres delivered since the last of the Fleetwood children?
2. What type of views does Patricia believe that Richard is teaching to the young people?
3. One day, who arrives at the Convent instead of Deek?
4. Why is Billie skeptical about the chances of a happy marriage between Arnette and K.D.?
5. The group that first arrived to found the town of Ruby shared a common dislike for what other group?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)