|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Menus forced to abandon the woman he brought from Virginia?
(a) She had a substance abuse problem.
(b) She got pregnant, and Menus was afraid.
(c) She was too light skinned.
(d) She compulsively stole everything she could.
2. How many bodies does Roger pick up at the Convent?
3. Why are some of the older residents of Ruby unhappy with Richard Misner?
(a) He speaks to the young people and encourages them to express their views.
(b) He steals from the church.
(c) He drinks too much.
(d) He has seven illegitimate children.
4. Why does Lone believe that the women of the Convent could not possibly be responsible for the handicaps of the Fleetwood children?
(a) Lone knows that she alone is responsible.
(b) Lone believes that the women of the Convent are perfect and can do no wrong.
(c) The cancerous growths of the children are from uranium, and the women of the convent do not have access to uranium.
(d) The first of the children were born before the women arrived at the Convent.
5. To what institution did the foundation donate the Convent?
(a) The Bureau of Land Management.
(b) The United States Department of the Interior.
(c) The State of Oklahoma.
(d) The Catholic Church.
6. What two Convent women have a physical altercation?
(a) Seneca and Sweetie.
(b) Mavis and Gigi.
(c) Arnette and Billie.
(d) Pallas and Connie.
7. What does Connie realize about Pallas before even Pallas knows?
(a) Pallas has smallpox.
(b) Pallas is pregnant.
(c) Pallas wants to kill Connie.
(d) Pallas will rule the Convent.
8. Patricia's father Roger often has ideas for new what?
(a) Social programs.
(b) Political causes.
9. What does Deek believe concerning the effects of the tea Connie gives Soane?
(a) It makes Soane easy for Connie to control.
(b) It is slowly killing Soane.
(c) It is a healthy vitamin supplement.
(d) It makes Soane less loving.
10. Where is Lone when she hears the men talking?
(a) Near the community oven.
(b) At Andy's candy apple stand.
(c) In the back of the saloon.
(d) On the porch of her hairdressing shop.
11. What are K.D. and Arnette expecting?
(a) A baby.
(b) To win the lottery.
(c) A home loan.
(d) A new job for K.D.
12. In addition to Senior Pullman, who presides at K.D. and Arnette's wedding?
(a) Bishop Jones.
(c) Richard Misner.
(d) Abbess Connie.
13. How many children has Lone DuPres delivered since the last of the Fleetwood children?
14. What was Lone gathering when she overheard the men plotting?
15. What in the basement attracts Connie?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Connie when the man finally came to her?
2. What type of views does Patricia believe that Richard is teaching to the young people?
3. Who did Billie first turn to after the violent argument with her mother?
4. How do the women respond to Lone's warning?
5. How old was Consolata when she was found by the sisters including Mary Magna?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)