|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Pallas flee from her boyfriend and her mother?
(a) She discovered that the two were involved in a crime ring.
(b) She discovered that they were having an affair.
(c) She did not flee; she got lost.
(d) She believed they were going to kill her.
2. Richard thinks that the older men of Ruby constantly tell stories of ancestor's efforts to found a town but never tell of what?
(a) Where the ancestors hid the gold.
(b) The women who assisted them.
(c) Their own efforts.
(d) How they moved livestock.
3. Why are some of the older residents of Ruby unhappy with Richard Misner?
(a) He has seven illegitimate children.
(b) He speaks to the young people and encourages them to express their views.
(c) He steals from the church.
(d) He drinks too much.
4. How do the women respond to Lone's warning?
(a) They flee in panic.
(b) They send Mavis to inform the state police.
(c) Under Connie's supervision they begin constructing fortifications.
(d) They are not at all alarmed.
5. Who raised Lone DuPres?
(d) Fairy DuPres.
6. Connie and the man have regular meetings on what day of the week?
7. Why does Lone believe that the women of the Convent could not possibly be responsible for the handicaps of the Fleetwood children?
(a) The first of the children were born before the women arrived at the Convent.
(b) Lone knows that she alone is responsible.
(c) The cancerous growths of the children are from uranium, and the women of the convent do not have access to uranium.
(d) Lone believes that the women of the Convent are perfect and can do no wrong.
8. What does Deek believe concerning the effects of the tea Connie gives Soane?
(a) It is slowly killing Soane.
(b) It makes Soane less loving.
(c) It makes Soane easy for Connie to control.
(d) It is a healthy vitamin supplement.
9. Why is Richard concerned about Billie?
(a) She seems to be involved in a dispute among the Poole family.
(b) She is a suspect in the robbery.
(c) She was last seen with a known criminal.
(d) Her name came up in a recent police investigation.
10. How old was Connie when the man finally came to her?
11. What does Connie realize about Pallas before even Pallas knows?
(a) Pallas wants to kill Connie.
(b) Pallas will rule the Convent.
(c) Pallas has smallpox.
(d) Pallas is pregnant.
12. Where is Lone when she hears the men talking?
(a) Near the community oven.
(b) On the porch of her hairdressing shop.
(c) In the back of the saloon.
(d) At Andy's candy apple stand.
13. What is one possible reason that Menus drinks too much?
(a) It is the only way he can control the pain of his injured leg.
(b) Connie gives him free wine.
(c) He enjoys upsetting everyone.
(d) He feels bad for abandoning the woman.
14. What does Arnette bring to the Convent after her wedding?
(a) Wedding cake.
(b) Her ruined dress.
(c) A gun.
(d) Leftover flowers.
15. What is one deed the Convent is blamed for that was actually committed by K.D.?
(a) The theft of the mine payroll.
(b) The contamination of the well.
(c) The report to the governor.
(d) The planting of marijuana.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has been injured in the automobile accident that Lone and Connie find?
2. What was the man who built the Convent arrested for?
3. What was the occupation of the person that raised Lone DuPres?
4. What is Lone DuPres's occupation?
5. What are K.D. and Arnette expecting?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)