|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lone hear the men plotting?
(a) A vote of no confidence for the sitting mayor.
(b) A way to cheat in the stock market.
(c) An attack on the Convent.
(d) A way to set a trap for the community oven vandals.
2. What did Deek buy when he first came to Connie?
(a) Religious artifacts.
(c) Papal indulgences.
3. How many children has Lone DuPres delivered since the last of the Fleetwood children?
4. In what conditions did the nuns find Consolata?
(a) She was an aspiring model and developing an eating disorder.
(b) She had applied and been rejected by another convent.
(c) She was having the time in her life working in a carnival sideshow.
(d) She was destitute and living on the streets.
5. What are Richard and Anna contemplating?
(a) Opening a day care business.
(b) Leasing land from the Convent.
(c) Opening Ruby's first restaurant.
6. What does the box Gigi finds under the bathtub contain?
(a) Worthless old banknotes.
(b) The key to the sub-basement.
(c) Assorted bolts and screws.
(d) A pistol.
7. When Richard Misner arrives to visit Patricia, what does he want to know?
(a) Billie's whereabouts.
(b) The name of his birth mother.
(c) If Patricia ever intends to pay her phone bill.
(d) The cost of installing a fence on his property.
8. What was a young man doing when he caught Connie's attention for the first time?
(a) Selling lemonade.
(b) Plucking a chicken.
(c) Juggling bowling pins.
(d) Riding a horse.
9. Richard thinks that the older men of Ruby constantly tell stories of ancestor's efforts to found a town but never tell of what?
(a) Their own efforts.
(b) The women who assisted them.
(c) Where the ancestors hid the gold.
(d) How they moved livestock.
10. Why did Pallas flee from her boyfriend and her mother?
(a) She discovered that the two were involved in a crime ring.
(b) She discovered that they were having an affair.
(c) She did not flee; she got lost.
(d) She believed they were going to kill her.
11. Patricia's father Roger often has ideas for new what?
(a) Social programs.
(d) Political causes.
12. What sort of family did Pallas come from?
13. In addition to Senior Pullman, who presides at K.D. and Arnette's wedding?
(a) Abbess Connie.
(b) Richard Misner.
(c) Bishop Jones.
14. How does Lone get to the Convent to warn the women?
(a) She steals a horse.
(b) She drives.
(c) She runs.
(d) She borrows Gigi's bicycle.
15. What type of views does Patricia believe that Richard is teaching to the young people?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the man who built the Convent arrested for?
2. How many bodies does Roger pick up at the Convent?
3. Who tells Patricia of what K.D. and Arnette are expecting?
4. What did the nuns operate at the convent before loosing funding?
5. What does Soane want Connie to help her with?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)