|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Patricia of what K.D. and Arnette are expecting?
(c) Lone DuPres.
(d) Richard Misner.
2. What was Lone gathering when she overheard the men plotting?
3. How many children has Lone DuPres delivered since the last of the Fleetwood children?
4. To what institution did the foundation donate the Convent?
(a) The Bureau of Land Management.
(b) The United States Department of the Interior.
(c) The Catholic Church.
(d) The State of Oklahoma.
5. What type of views does Patricia believe that Richard is teaching to the young people?
6. Who is Arnette's maid of honor?
(a) Pallas Truelove.
(c) Billie Delia.
7. How do the women respond to Lone's warning?
(a) They send Mavis to inform the state police.
(b) They flee in panic.
(c) Under Connie's supervision they begin constructing fortifications.
(d) They are not at all alarmed.
8. What was the man who built the Convent arrested for?
(c) Barn burning.
(d) Insurance fraud.
9. In what conditions did the nuns find Consolata?
(a) She was having the time in her life working in a carnival sideshow.
(b) She was destitute and living on the streets.
(c) She had applied and been rejected by another convent.
(d) She was an aspiring model and developing an eating disorder.
10. Why did the original group traveling to what would become Ruby take some babies from their homes?
(a) The babies' parents sold the babies to the founders.
(b) The babies were in intolerable circumstances.
(c) The founders knew they would need laborers to work in the fields.
(d) They were afraid white people would make them slaves.
11. In addition to Senior Pullman, who presides at K.D. and Arnette's wedding?
(a) Bishop Jones.
(b) Richard Misner.
(c) Abbess Connie.
12. What is one of Patricia's hobbies?
(d) Stamp collecting.
13. What two Convent women have a physical altercation?
(a) Seneca and Sweetie.
(b) Arnette and Billie.
(c) Mavis and Gigi.
(d) Pallas and Connie.
14. Consolata is known to the people of Ruby by what name?
15. What had happened to Lone's birth mother before the group headed to Ruby arrived?
(a) She had contracted typhoid.
(b) She had won the state fair quilting contest.
(c) She died.
(d) She had been elected to county office.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Patricia feel about the views she believes Richard is teaching to the young people?
2. What did Deek buy when he first came to Connie?
3. Patricia's father Roger often has ideas for new what?
4. Where do the women of the Convent dance?
5. What was the occupation of the woman who took care of Lone after Lone's mother died?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)