|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Deek believe concerning the effects of the tea Connie gives Soane?
(a) It is a healthy vitamin supplement.
(b) It makes Soane less loving.
(c) It is slowly killing Soane.
(d) It makes Soane easy for Connie to control.
2. Who does Pallas believe she should contact?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her old boyfriend.
(c) Her high school guidance counselor.
(d) The police.
3. What two families display open animosity?
(a) The Morrisons and the Misners.
(b) The Morgans and the Fleetwoods.
(c) The Hatefields and McDougals.
(d) The Albrights and the Deeks.
4. What does Soane want Connie to help her with?
(a) She wants to be rid of her unborn child.
(b) She wants help finding an escaped goat.
(c) She wants to learn food preservation techniques.
(d) She wants to learn how to use an abacus.
5. Who did Billie first turn to after the violent argument with her mother?
(b) Anna Flood.
6. Richard thinks that the older men of Ruby constantly tell stories of ancestor's efforts to found a town but never tell of what?
(a) The women who assisted them.
(b) How they moved livestock.
(c) Their own efforts.
(d) Where the ancestors hid the gold.
7. What is one deed the Convent is blamed for that was actually committed by K.D.?
(a) The planting of marijuana.
(b) The report to the governor.
(c) The theft of the mine payroll.
(d) The contamination of the well.
8. Where does Connie spend an increasing amount of time?
(a) The community oven.
(b) Deek Morgan's house.
(c) The basement.
(d) The confessional.
9. What does Deek do immediately upon arriving at the Convent?
(a) He tries to find Connie to tell her to run.
(b) He shoots the first woman he sees.
(c) He drops to his knees and offers a prayer.
(d) He sets fire to the barn.
10. How many founding families arrived in Ruby?
11. In what conditions did the nuns find Consolata?
(a) She had applied and been rejected by another convent.
(b) She was destitute and living on the streets.
(c) She was an aspiring model and developing an eating disorder.
(d) She was having the time in her life working in a carnival sideshow.
12. Why are some of the older residents of Ruby unhappy with Richard Misner?
(a) He has seven illegitimate children.
(b) He drinks too much.
(c) He steals from the church.
(d) He speaks to the young people and encourages them to express their views.
13. What is one of Patricia's hobbies?
(a) Stamp collecting.
14. What in the basement attracts Connie?
15. The group that first arrived to found the town of Ruby shared a common dislike for what other group?
(c) Native Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what institution did the foundation donate the Convent?
2. What are Richard and Anna contemplating?
3. What is Lone DuPres's occupation?
4. What does Arnette bring to the Convent after her wedding?
5. How does Patricia feel about the views she believes Richard is teaching to the young people?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)