|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two families display open animosity?
(a) The Morgans and the Fleetwoods.
(b) The Hatefields and McDougals.
(c) The Albrights and the Deeks.
(d) The Morrisons and the Misners.
2. What does Lone do after hearing the men plotting?
(a) She directly confronts the men.
(b) She drives to the Convent to warn the women.
(c) She calls the newspaper city desk editor.
(d) She decides to tell no one.
3. Who joins Pallas when she dances with the rest of the women at the Convent?
(b) Her healthy baby son.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her former art teacher.
4. How many children has Lone DuPres delivered since the last of the Fleetwood children?
5. Who is Billie Delia's mother?
(a) Patricia Best.
(b) Mavis Albright.
6. What was the name of the woman who took care of Lone after Lone's mother died?
(a) Fairy DuPres.
(c) Mary Magna.
(d) Mavis Albright.
7. What type of views does Patricia believe that Richard is teaching to the young people?
8. What was the man who built the Convent arrested for?
(a) Insurance fraud.
(b) Barn burning.
9. What is one possible reason that Menus drinks too much?
(a) He enjoys upsetting everyone.
(b) Connie gives him free wine.
(c) He feels bad for abandoning the woman.
(d) It is the only way he can control the pain of his injured leg.
10. Why does Lone believe that the women of the Convent could not possibly be responsible for the handicaps of the Fleetwood children?
(a) Lone believes that the women of the Convent are perfect and can do no wrong.
(b) The first of the children were born before the women arrived at the Convent.
(c) Lone knows that she alone is responsible.
(d) The cancerous growths of the children are from uranium, and the women of the convent do not have access to uranium.
11. Who is Arnette's maid of honor?
(a) Billie Delia.
(b) Pallas Truelove.
12. To whom do Pullman's accusatory statements seem directed at?
(a) Richard Misner.
(b) Abbess Connie.
(c) Bishop Jones.
13. Richard thinks that the older men of Ruby constantly tell stories of ancestor's efforts to found a town but never tell of what?
(a) The women who assisted them.
(b) Where the ancestors hid the gold.
(c) Their own efforts.
(d) How they moved livestock.
14. What does Connie realize about Pallas before even Pallas knows?
(a) Pallas has smallpox.
(b) Pallas will rule the Convent.
(c) Pallas wants to kill Connie.
(d) Pallas is pregnant.
15. What had happened to Lone's birth mother before the group headed to Ruby arrived?
(a) She had been elected to county office.
(b) She had won the state fair quilting contest.
(c) She died.
(d) She had contracted typhoid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the nuns operate at the convent before loosing funding?
2. How old was the man when he finally came to Connie?
3. Where does Connie spend an increasing amount of time?
4. In addition to Senior Pullman, who presides at K.D. and Arnette's wedding?
5. How does Lone get to the Convent to warn the women?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)