|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the women of the Convent dance?
(a) In the rain.
(b) On the roof of the barn.
(c) Wherever the people of Ruby hold community dances.
(d) Everywhere, day and night.
2. How many children has Lone DuPres delivered since the last of the Fleetwood children?
3. How old was Consolata when she was found by the sisters including Mary Magna?
4. What did Deek buy when he first came to Connie?
(a) Papal indulgences.
(c) Religious artifacts.
5. Why are some of the older residents of Ruby unhappy with Richard Misner?
(a) He speaks to the young people and encourages them to express their views.
(b) He has seven illegitimate children.
(c) He drinks too much.
(d) He steals from the church.
6. Who is Billie Delia's mother?
(c) Mavis Albright.
(d) Patricia Best.
7. Where does Patricia say that Billie currently resides?
(a) With her husband.
(c) At the Convent.
(d) In a grave.
8. What two Convent women have a physical altercation?
(a) Arnette and Billie.
(b) Mavis and Gigi.
(c) Seneca and Sweetie.
(d) Pallas and Connie.
9. In what conditions did the nuns find Consolata?
(a) She was destitute and living on the streets.
(b) She was having the time in her life working in a carnival sideshow.
(c) She had applied and been rejected by another convent.
(d) She was an aspiring model and developing an eating disorder.
10. The group that first arrived to found the town of Ruby shared a common dislike for what other group?
(b) Native Americans.
11. To whom do Pullman's accusatory statements seem directed at?
(a) Richard Misner.
(b) Abbess Connie.
(c) Bishop Jones.
12. Who raised Lone DuPres?
(c) Fairy DuPres.
13. How does Patricia feel about the views she believes Richard is teaching to the young people?
(b) She is full of admiration.
(c) Skeptical but willing to help.
(d) She does not approve.
14. Where is Lone when she hears the men talking?
(a) On the porch of her hairdressing shop.
(b) Near the community oven.
(c) At Andy's candy apple stand.
(d) In the back of the saloon.
15. Why does Lone believe that the women of the Convent could not possibly be responsible for the handicaps of the Fleetwood children?
(a) Lone knows that she alone is responsible.
(b) Lone believes that the women of the Convent are perfect and can do no wrong.
(c) The cancerous growths of the children are from uranium, and the women of the convent do not have access to uranium.
(d) The first of the children were born before the women arrived at the Convent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has been injured in the automobile accident that Lone and Connie find?
2. Why did the original group traveling to what would become Ruby take some babies from their homes?
3. What was the name of the woman who took care of Lone after Lone's mother died?
4. How does Lone feel about the young couples' tendency to go to hospitals to deliver their babies?
5. Why is Richard concerned about Billie?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)