|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Menus forced to abandon the woman he brought from Virginia?
(a) She compulsively stole everything she could.
(b) She had a substance abuse problem.
(c) She was too light skinned.
(d) She got pregnant, and Menus was afraid.
2. What was the man who built the Convent arrested for?
(c) Insurance fraud.
(d) Barn burning.
3. What is one deed the Convent is blamed for that was actually committed by K.D.?
(a) The report to the governor.
(b) The theft of the mine payroll.
(c) The contamination of the well.
(d) The planting of marijuana.
4. Who does Pallas believe she should contact?
(a) Her old boyfriend.
(b) Her high school guidance counselor.
(c) The police.
(d) Her father.
5. Richard thinks that the older men of Ruby constantly tell stories of ancestor's efforts to found a town but never tell of what?
(a) How they moved livestock.
(b) Their own efforts.
(c) Where the ancestors hid the gold.
(d) The women who assisted them.
6. How many children has Lone DuPres delivered since the last of the Fleetwood children?
7. In addition to Senior Pullman, who presides at K.D. and Arnette's wedding?
(a) Richard Misner.
(b) Abbess Connie.
(d) Bishop Jones.
8. One day, who arrives at the Convent instead of Deek?
(a) Richard Misner.
(b) Arnette Fleetwood.
(c) Steward Morgan.
(d) Soane Morgan.
9. The group that first arrived to found the town of Ruby shared a common dislike for what other group?
(d) Native Americans.
10. Connie and the man have regular meetings on what day of the week?
11. How does Lone get to the Convent to warn the women?
(a) She runs.
(b) She borrows Gigi's bicycle.
(c) She steals a horse.
(d) She drives.
12. To what institution did the foundation donate the Convent?
(a) The Catholic Church.
(b) The United States Department of the Interior.
(c) The Bureau of Land Management.
(d) The State of Oklahoma.
13. What does Arnette bring to the Convent after her wedding?
(a) Her ruined dress.
(b) Wedding cake.
(c) A gun.
(d) Leftover flowers.
14. How old was Consolata when she was found by the sisters including Mary Magna?
15. How does Lone feel about the young couples' tendency to go to hospitals to deliver their babies?
(a) Indifferent so long as she receives her tax refund on time.
(d) Relieved that they are finally taking medical care seriously.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Pallas flee from her boyfriend and her mother?
2. Who is Arnette's maid of honor?
3. Who tells Patricia of what K.D. and Arnette are expecting?
4. Where do the women of the Convent dance?
5. What was Lone gathering when she overheard the men plotting?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)