|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Consolata is known to the people of Ruby by what name?
2. What was the man who built the Convent arrested for?
(a) Insurance fraud.
(d) Barn burning.
3. What is Lone DuPres's occupation?
(c) Textile worker.
4. What does Connie realize about Pallas before even Pallas knows?
(a) Pallas will rule the Convent.
(b) Pallas has smallpox.
(c) Pallas wants to kill Connie.
(d) Pallas is pregnant.
5. What does the box Gigi finds under the bathtub contain?
(a) A pistol.
(b) Worthless old banknotes.
(c) The key to the sub-basement.
(d) Assorted bolts and screws.
6. Who is the man who has secret meetings with Connie?
(a) Richard Misner.
(b) Deek Morgan.
(c) K.D. Morgan.
(d) Frank Albright.
7. Patricia's father Roger often has ideas for new what?
(a) Political causes.
(d) Social programs.
8. The group that first arrived to found the town of Ruby shared a common dislike for what other group?
(b) Native Americans.
9. Why did Pallas flee from her boyfriend and her mother?
(a) She believed they were going to kill her.
(b) She discovered that the two were involved in a crime ring.
(c) She did not flee; she got lost.
(d) She discovered that they were having an affair.
10. Why is Billie skeptical about the chances of a happy marriage between Arnette and K.D.?
(a) Arnette had to give up her dream of being a blues singer to marry K.D.
(b) K.D. agreed to marry Arnette only after Gigi stopped seeing him.
(c) Arnette never really cared for K.D.
(d) Unlike Arnette, K.D. comes from a poor family.
11. Why are some of the older residents of Ruby unhappy with Richard Misner?
(a) He steals from the church.
(b) He drinks too much.
(c) He has seven illegitimate children.
(d) He speaks to the young people and encourages them to express their views.
12. What was the occupation of the person that raised Lone DuPres?
(d) Textile worker.
13. How does Patricia feel about the views she believes Richard is teaching to the young people?
(a) She does not approve.
(b) She is full of admiration.
(c) Skeptical but willing to help.
14. What does Deek believe concerning the effects of the tea Connie gives Soane?
(a) It makes Soane less loving.
(b) It is slowly killing Soane.
(c) It makes Soane easy for Connie to control.
(d) It is a healthy vitamin supplement.
15. How old was Connie when the man finally came to her?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the original group traveling to what would become Ruby take some babies from their homes?
2. Who is Arnette's maid of honor?
3. How many founding families arrived in Ruby?
4. What are Richard and Anna contemplating?
5. What is one possible reason that Menus drinks too much?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)