|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Patricia feel about the views she believes Richard is teaching to the young people?
(a) She does not approve.
(b) Skeptical but willing to help.
(c) She is full of admiration.
2. What did the nuns operate at the convent before loosing funding?
(a) A homeless shelter.
(b) A recycling plant.
(c) A school for girls.
(d) A soup kitchen.
3. In addition to Senior Pullman, who presides at K.D. and Arnette's wedding?
(a) Abbess Connie.
(c) Richard Misner.
(d) Bishop Jones.
4. What is one deed the Convent is blamed for that was actually committed by K.D.?
(a) The report to the governor.
(b) The theft of the mine payroll.
(c) The contamination of the well.
(d) The planting of marijuana.
5. How do the women respond to Lone's warning?
(a) They flee in panic.
(b) They send Mavis to inform the state police.
(c) They are not at all alarmed.
(d) Under Connie's supervision they begin constructing fortifications.
6. How many bodies does Roger pick up at the Convent?
7. Why did the original group traveling to what would become Ruby take some babies from their homes?
(a) The babies were in intolerable circumstances.
(b) The founders knew they would need laborers to work in the fields.
(c) They were afraid white people would make them slaves.
(d) The babies' parents sold the babies to the founders.
8. How old was the man when he finally came to Connie?
9. What was the man who built the Convent arrested for?
(c) Barn burning.
(d) Insurance fraud.
10. To what institution did the foundation donate the Convent?
(a) The United States Department of the Interior.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) The State of Oklahoma.
(d) The Bureau of Land Management.
11. Where does Patricia say that Billie currently resides?
(a) In a grave.
(b) At the Convent.
(c) With her husband.
12. Who joins Pallas when she dances with the rest of the women at the Convent?
(b) Her healthy baby son.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her former art teacher.
13. What was the occupation of the woman who took care of Lone after Lone's mother died?
(d) Textile worker.
14. Who has been injured in the automobile accident that Lone and Connie find?
(a) Deek Morgan.
(b) Mary Magna.
(c) Soane Morgan.
(d) Scout Morgan.
15. How old was Consolata when she was found by the sisters including Mary Magna?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of Patricia's hobbies?
2. What are K.D. and Arnette expecting?
3. Why was Menus forced to abandon the woman he brought from Virginia?
4. Why is Richard concerned about Billie?
5. How many founding families arrived in Ruby?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)