|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Connie and the man have regular meetings on what day of the week?
2. How does Lone get to the Convent to warn the women?
(a) She borrows Gigi's bicycle.
(b) She drives.
(c) She runs.
(d) She steals a horse.
3. To whom do Pullman's accusatory statements seem directed at?
(a) Abbess Connie.
(c) Bishop Jones.
(d) Richard Misner.
4. Who raised Lone DuPres?
(b) Fairy DuPres.
5. Who tells Patricia of what K.D. and Arnette are expecting?
(b) Lone DuPres.
(c) Richard Misner.
6. Why is Billie skeptical about the chances of a happy marriage between Arnette and K.D.?
(a) Arnette had to give up her dream of being a blues singer to marry K.D.
(b) K.D. agreed to marry Arnette only after Gigi stopped seeing him.
(c) Unlike Arnette, K.D. comes from a poor family.
(d) Arnette never really cared for K.D.
7. Where do the women of the Convent dance?
(a) In the rain.
(b) Everywhere, day and night.
(c) On the roof of the barn.
(d) Wherever the people of Ruby hold community dances.
8. What is Lone DuPres's occupation?
(a) Textile worker.
9. What two Convent women have a physical altercation?
(a) Mavis and Gigi.
(b) Arnette and Billie.
(c) Pallas and Connie.
(d) Seneca and Sweetie.
10. How many bodies does Roger pick up at the Convent?
11. What sort of family did Pallas come from?
12. How many children has Lone DuPres delivered since the last of the Fleetwood children?
13. The group that first arrived to found the town of Ruby shared a common dislike for what other group?
(d) Native Americans.
14. Who does Pallas believe she should contact?
(a) The police.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her old boyfriend.
(d) Her high school guidance counselor.
15. What did Deek buy when he first came to Connie?
(c) Religious artifacts.
(d) Papal indulgences.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one deed the Convent is blamed for that was actually committed by K.D.?
2. What was Lone gathering when she overheard the men plotting?
3. What did the nuns operate at the convent before loosing funding?
4. How many founding families arrived in Ruby?
5. What was the name of the woman who took care of Lone after Lone's mother died?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)