|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has been injured in the automobile accident that Lone and Connie find?
(a) Soane Morgan.
(b) Deek Morgan.
(c) Mary Magna.
(d) Scout Morgan.
2. How old was Consolata when she was found by the sisters including Mary Magna?
3. Why is Billie skeptical about the chances of a happy marriage between Arnette and K.D.?
(a) Arnette never really cared for K.D.
(b) Arnette had to give up her dream of being a blues singer to marry K.D.
(c) Unlike Arnette, K.D. comes from a poor family.
(d) K.D. agreed to marry Arnette only after Gigi stopped seeing him.
4. Who does Pallas believe she should contact?
(a) The police.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her old boyfriend.
(d) Her high school guidance counselor.
5. What was the occupation of the woman who took care of Lone after Lone's mother died?
(c) Textile worker.
6. How does Lone get to the Convent to warn the women?
(a) She borrows Gigi's bicycle.
(b) She runs.
(c) She steals a horse.
(d) She drives.
7. What are K.D. and Arnette expecting?
(a) A home loan.
(b) A new job for K.D.
(c) To win the lottery.
(d) A baby.
8. What does the box Gigi finds under the bathtub contain?
(a) Assorted bolts and screws.
(b) Worthless old banknotes.
(c) The key to the sub-basement.
(d) A pistol.
9. Where does Patricia say that Billie currently resides?
(b) In a grave.
(c) At the Convent.
(d) With her husband.
10. How many children has Lone DuPres delivered since the last of the Fleetwood children?
11. How do the women respond to Lone's warning?
(a) Under Connie's supervision they begin constructing fortifications.
(b) They flee in panic.
(c) They are not at all alarmed.
(d) They send Mavis to inform the state police.
12. What two Convent women have a physical altercation?
(a) Arnette and Billie.
(b) Pallas and Connie.
(c) Seneca and Sweetie.
(d) Mavis and Gigi.
13. Why does Lone believe that the women of the Convent could not possibly be responsible for the handicaps of the Fleetwood children?
(a) Lone knows that she alone is responsible.
(b) Lone believes that the women of the Convent are perfect and can do no wrong.
(c) The cancerous growths of the children are from uranium, and the women of the convent do not have access to uranium.
(d) The first of the children were born before the women arrived at the Convent.
14. What does Deek believe concerning the effects of the tea Connie gives Soane?
(a) It is slowly killing Soane.
(b) It is a healthy vitamin supplement.
(c) It makes Soane less loving.
(d) It makes Soane easy for Connie to control.
15. Who joins Pallas when she dances with the rest of the women at the Convent?
(b) Her former art teacher.
(c) Her healthy baby son.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Patricia's father Roger often has ideas for new what?
2. How does Lone feel about the young couples' tendency to go to hospitals to deliver their babies?
3. Why did Pallas flee from her boyfriend and her mother?
4. What was Lone gathering when she overheard the men plotting?
5. What was the man who built the Convent arrested for?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)