|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Mavis been away from the Convent when she returns to meet Gigi?
(a) Three days.
(b) Six hours.
(d) One month.
2. What were the names of Soane and Deek's sons?
(a) Easter and Scout.
(b) Arthur and Benjamin.
(c) Jeff and David.
(d) Bernard and Arthur.
3. What unwashed, unprepared objects in the pantry at the Convent lead the men to believe that the women at the Convent are lazier than the women in Ruby?
(a) Sheep shears.
(b) Rice bowls.
(c) China figurines.
(d) Canning jars.
4. Who does K.D. blame for Arnette's pregnancy?
5. What does Gigi discover about the vehicle she rides in?
(a) It has no seatbelts.
(b) The passenger door will not shut properly.
(c) It is a hearse.
(d) It is stolen.
6. Who owns the bank in Ruby?
(a) A huge corporation in New York.
(b) The Morgan twins.
(c) The people of Ruby.
(d) Barnes, the plantation owner.
7. How did Connie meet the old woman she tends at the Convent?
(a) The old woman adopted Connie when she was nine.
(b) The old woman is Connie's birth mother.
(c) The old woman is Connie's sister.
(d) Connie worked for the old woman at the textile factory.
8. How long does Mavis stay at the Convent, according to the chapter "Mavis"?
(a) Two years.
(b) Three days.
(c) Six Weeks.
9. Where does Richard Misner preach?
(a) Mount Cavalry Church.
(b) At the Convent.
(c) Zion National Bank.
(d) On the street.
10. What did the families who settled Ruby, Oklahoma originally consider for a town name?
(c) New Haven.
(d) Diamond Flats.
11. What is beyond the cellar door that one of the twins and his nephew smash?
(a) An iron foundry.
(b) A tunnel to the Indian Reservation.
(c) The Devil's bedroom.
(d) Spare parts for the electric generator.
12. How many churches are located within the distance of one mile in Ruby?
13. What color is the Cadillac after Mavis has it repainted?
14. After Arnette returns from college, what does she refuse to do?
(a) Wash dishes.
(b) Do her homework.
(c) Attend youth political meetings.
(d) Get out of bed.
15. Where were Deek and Steward born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of animal does Deek hunt?
2. What does the woman who hires Seneca claim she needs?
3. Why have the men come to the Convent?
4. What is the occupation of Roger Best?
5. What does Mavis do to the Cadillac in Newark?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)