|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mavis initially plan to go after leaving Newark?
(c) FBI Headquarters.
2. What state is the town of Ruby located?
(a) South Carolina.
3. Why have the men come to the Convent?
(a) They blame the women at the convent for a series of catastrophes.
(b) They want to learn the skill of canning food.
(c) They hope to sell the women surplus cotton.
(d) Their pastor has died and they need religious instruction.
4. Who was the only person to die in the town that became Ruby, Oklahoma during a period of two decades?
(a) Steward Morgan.
(b) Toni Morrison.
(c) K.D. Morgan.
(d) Ruby Best.
5. Who did Connie have an affair with?
(a) Deek Morgan.
(b) Frank Albright.
(c) Steward Morgan.
(d) K.D. Morgan.
6. Why does Mavis begin walking instead of driving the Cadillac?
(a) The road is too narrow for a big car.
(b) She fears the car attracts too much attention.
(c) The car runs out of gasoline.
(d) The weather is wonderful.
7. Who does K.D. blame for Arnette's pregnancy?
8. What is beyond the cellar door that one of the twins and his nephew smash?
(a) Spare parts for the electric generator.
(b) An iron foundry.
(c) The Devil's bedroom.
(d) A tunnel to the Indian Reservation.
9. Who is Soane's husband?
(a) Frank Albright.
(b) K.D. Morgan.
(c) Deek Morgan.
(d) Steward Morgan.
10. What does Seneca put on Sweetie's shoulders?
(a) A serape.
(b) Gold epaulettes.
(c) A leather handbag.
(d) A parrot.
11. All of the residents of Ruby, Oklahoma are of what race?
(a) African American.
12. What was Mavis purchasing when the twins died?
(a) Books for college.
(b) Automobile insurance.
(c) A new dress.
13. How many hotels are located in Ruby?
(a) Two plus the diner and boardinghouse.
14. Who was Grace named after?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Princess Grace.
(c) Grace Kelly.
(d) Her aunt.
15. Why does Gigi remain at the Convent rather than continue on with Roger?
(a) Roger is a terrible driver.
(b) She doesn't trust the safety of Roger's vehicle.
(c) Roger refuses to let her ride in his vehicle anymore.
(d) She stays to comfort a person that is terribly upset.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Richard Misner preach?
2. After Arnette returns from college, what does she refuse to do?
3. Who stops to ask if Sweetie Fleetwood needs a ride?
4. What does Mavis do to the Cadillac in Newark?
5. Who is the nephew of the Morgan twins?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)