|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did someone paint on the oven?
(a) Gang symbols.
(b) A rooster.
(c) The Lord's Prayer.
(d) A fist.
2. Who drives Mavis to the Cadillac?
(a) The Justice of the Peace.
(d) A young man from Ruby.
3. What is Gigi searching for when she arrives in Ruby?
(a) Her birth mother.
(b) Mavis's Cadillac.
(c) A mountain that looks like two lovers locked in embrace.
4. Why is Connie so upset when Gigi first meets her?
(a) Connie thinks Gigi is a voodoo priestess.
(b) A tornado has ruined Connie's garden.
(c) Someone stole Connie's tea making machines.
(d) The old woman that Connie has tended has died.
5. Why does Gigi remain at the Convent rather than continue on with Roger?
(a) She stays to comfort a person that is terribly upset.
(b) She doesn't trust the safety of Roger's vehicle.
(c) Roger refuses to let her ride in his vehicle anymore.
(d) Roger is a terrible driver.
6. Why does Mavis begin walking instead of driving the Cadillac?
(a) The car runs out of gasoline.
(b) The weather is wonderful.
(c) The road is too narrow for a big car.
(d) She fears the car attracts too much attention.
7. How long has Mavis been away from the Convent when she returns to meet Gigi?
(a) Six hours.
(b) One month.
(c) Three days.
8. What caused Menus to lose his house to foreclosure?
(a) Gambling debts.
(b) A poor cotton harvest.
(c) His moonshine still exploded.
(d) Excessive drinking.
9. Who did Connie have an affair with?
(a) Steward Morgan.
(b) Deek Morgan.
(c) Frank Albright.
(d) K.D. Morgan.
10. Who welcomes Mavis at the Convent without judging or questioning her?
11. What do some residents of Ruby want to do to the community oven?
(a) Fit it with a better exhaust system.
(b) Convert it from wood to gas fueled.
(c) Clean it with lye.
(d) Rename it.
12. All of the residents of Ruby, Oklahoma are of what race?
(a) African American.
13. What does Gigi discover about the vehicle she rides in?
(a) It has no seatbelts.
(b) It is a hearse.
(c) The passenger door will not shut properly.
(d) It is stolen.
14. Why does Seneca have difficulty sleeping at the Convent?
(a) She is terrified of the scorpions that infest her room.
(b) She is disturbed by the nun's band practicing all night.
(c) She is unaccustomed to clean and comfortable accommodations.
(d) She lays awake at night plotting ways to steal the nun's gold.
15. What color was the Cadillac originally?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Mavis stay at the Convent, according to the chapter "Mavis"?
2. What state is the town of Ruby located?
3. Why have the men come to the Convent?
4. What does Mavis do to the Cadillac in Newark?
5. What two items does Mavis take on her way out of the house late at night?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)