|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Arnette want to go in the coming year?
(a) The Convent.
(b) Baja California.
(d) St. Louis.
2. What is Richard Misner advocating on behalf of the young people?
(a) That they be allowed to drive automobiles if licensed.
(b) That they be exempt from fieldwork if enrolled in school.
(c) That their concerns be heard in addition to the concerns of the older men.
(d) That they be allowed to hold a barn dance.
3. Who is the youngest male in the Morgan family?
4. Why is Connie so upset when Gigi first meets her?
(a) Someone stole Connie's tea making machines.
(b) A tornado has ruined Connie's garden.
(c) The old woman that Connie has tended has died.
(d) Connie thinks Gigi is a voodoo priestess.
5. The story opens with the following words:
(a) "They shot the white girl first."
(b) "They shot the black girl first."
(c) "The women of the Convent would be forever damned."
(d) "No one had any idea how terribly wrong the confrontation could go."
6. What unwashed, unprepared objects in the pantry at the Convent lead the men to believe that the women at the Convent are lazier than the women in Ruby?
(a) Sheep shears.
(b) Canning jars.
(c) Rice bowls.
(d) China figurines.
7. What does Sweetie believe she hears during the night?
(b) A spotted owl.
(c) A band practicing.
(d) Crying children.
8. Who was Grace named after?
(a) Grace Kelly.
(b) Princess Grace.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her aunt.
9. What do some residents of Ruby want to do to the community oven?
(a) Rename it.
(b) Convert it from wood to gas fueled.
(c) Clean it with lye.
(d) Fit it with a better exhaust system.
10. What type of animal does Deek hunt?
11. What does Mavis do upon first seeing Gigi?
(a) Offers her a diet soda.
(b) Demands to know if she saw the boys who stole the car tires.
(c) Pretends not to see her.
(d) Slams on the brakes of her car.
12. What does the woman who hires Seneca claim she needs?
(a) A model for her painting.
(b) A cook.
(c) A typist.
(d) A live-in nurse.
13. What does Connie sell to earn money?
(b) Quilts and glass figurines.
(c) Papal indulgences.
(d) Hot peppers, homemade pies, and vegetables.
14. What state is the town of Ruby located?
(a) South Carolina.
15. What type of law enforcement organization does the town of Ruby have?
(a) An active and oppressive police force.
(c) Military police.
(d) One decrepit town marshal.
Short Answer Questions
1. The men are from what town?
2. What had the driver not previously known he was carrying?
3. How many restaurants does Ruby have?
4. What did someone paint on the oven?
5. Who was the only person to die in the town that became Ruby, Oklahoma during a period of two decades?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)