|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the names of Soane and Deek's sons?
(a) Arthur and Benjamin.
(b) Easter and Scout.
(c) Jeff and David.
(d) Bernard and Arthur.
2. Where were Deek and Steward born?
3. What color was the Cadillac originally?
4. Where did the men hold the discussion that determined that they would attack the Convent?
(a) At the office of the justice of the peace.
(b) At the hotel kitchen.
(c) At the county courthouse.
(d) At the community oven.
5. What unwashed, unprepared objects in the pantry at the Convent lead the men to believe that the women at the Convent are lazier than the women in Ruby?
(a) Canning jars.
(b) Sheep shears.
(c) China figurines.
(d) Rice bowls.
6. How many churches are located within the distance of one mile in Ruby?
7. Who is Steward Morgan's twin brother?
8. Where does Mavis's mother live?
9. Who are the wealthiest men in Ruby, Oklahoma?
(a) The Morgan twins.
(b) The Roosevelt Club owners.
(c) The bankers.
(d) The railroad barons.
10. Who owns the bank in Ruby?
(a) The people of Ruby.
(b) The Morgan twins.
(c) A huge corporation in New York.
(d) Barnes, the plantation owner.
11. How did Soane and Deek's sons die?
(a) They were lynched.
(b) They drowned.
(c) They were killed in the war.
(d) They died in an automobile crash.
12. What two items does Mavis take on her way out of the house late at night?
(a) Her umbrella and a book.
(b) The family photo album and a rope.
(c) Her bankcard and a gun.
(d) Sal's rain boots and Frank's car keys.
13. What is beyond the cellar door that one of the twins and his nephew smash?
(a) An iron foundry.
(b) The Devil's bedroom.
(c) A tunnel to the Indian Reservation.
(d) Spare parts for the electric generator.
14. What caused Menus to lose his house to foreclosure?
(a) Excessive drinking.
(b) Gambling debts.
(c) His moonshine still exploded.
(d) A poor cotton harvest.
15. Why does Mavis begin walking instead of driving the Cadillac?
(a) She fears the car attracts too much attention.
(b) The car runs out of gasoline.
(c) The road is too narrow for a big car.
(d) The weather is wonderful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the young man who walks into Anna's store seek?
2. What is the purpose of the meeting that K.D. knows will be held later in the day?
3. Who gives Gigi a ride away from Ruby?
4. Who is the youngest male in the Morgan family?
5. How many restaurants does Ruby have?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)