|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Connie sell to earn money?
(b) Papal indulgences.
(c) Quilts and glass figurines.
(d) Hot peppers, homemade pies, and vegetables.
2. Why does Mavis begin walking instead of driving the Cadillac?
(a) The car runs out of gasoline.
(b) The weather is wonderful.
(c) The road is too narrow for a big car.
(d) She fears the car attracts too much attention.
3. How did Soane and Deek's sons die?
(a) They drowned.
(b) They died in an automobile crash.
(c) They were killed in the war.
(d) They were lynched.
4. Why does Seneca have difficulty sleeping at the Convent?
(a) She is unaccustomed to clean and comfortable accommodations.
(b) She is disturbed by the nun's band practicing all night.
(c) She is terrified of the scorpions that infest her room.
(d) She lays awake at night plotting ways to steal the nun's gold.
5. How many restaurants does Ruby have?
6. What was the former profession of the old woman Connie tends?
(b) Probation officer.
(d) Train conductor.
7. What color is the Cadillac after Mavis has it repainted?
8. What is Richard Misner advocating on behalf of the young people?
(a) That their concerns be heard in addition to the concerns of the older men.
(b) That they be allowed to drive automobiles if licensed.
(c) That they be exempt from fieldwork if enrolled in school.
(d) That they be allowed to hold a barn dance.
9. What does Seneca put on Sweetie's shoulders?
(a) A parrot.
(b) A leather handbag.
(c) Gold epaulettes.
(d) A serape.
10. The men who visit the Convent believe that there are none of what type of women in the town of Ruby?
11. What does Mavis do upon first seeing Gigi?
(a) Pretends not to see her.
(b) Demands to know if she saw the boys who stole the car tires.
(c) Slams on the brakes of her car.
(d) Offers her a diet soda.
12. Why does Gigi remain at the Convent rather than continue on with Roger?
(a) Roger is a terrible driver.
(b) She stays to comfort a person that is terribly upset.
(c) She doesn't trust the safety of Roger's vehicle.
(d) Roger refuses to let her ride in his vehicle anymore.
13. What does Mavis come to believe about her husband's and children's intentions toward her?
(a) She believes they plan to kill her.
(b) She believes they intend to save money to help her retire soon.
(c) She believes they are planning a surprise party.
(d) She believes they plan to collaborate on a book about her life.
14. Who sits beside Mavis while the interview is taking place?
(a) The undertaker.
(b) Her attorney.
(c) Mavis' three surviving children.
(d) A police officer.
15. What type of law enforcement organization does the town of Ruby have?
(b) One decrepit town marshal.
(c) Military police.
(d) An active and oppressive police force.
Short Answer Questions
1. The men are from what town?
2. Who was Grace named after?
3. Where do Seneca and Sweetie walk together?
4. What do some residents of Ruby want to do to the community oven?
5. Who is the youngest male in the Morgan family?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)