|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is K.D. doing at the opening of the chapter?
(a) Burlarizing a house in Demby.
(b) Hiding from his uncles.
(c) Brushing a dog.
(d) Writing a letter to Arnette.
2. Who takes Mavis to get gasoline for her car?
3. How long has Mavis been away from the Convent when she returns to meet Gigi?
(a) Three days.
(b) Six hours.
(d) One month.
4. Who did Connie have an affair with?
(a) Deek Morgan.
(b) K.D. Morgan.
(c) Steward Morgan.
(d) Frank Albright.
5. What do some residents of Ruby want to do to the community oven?
(a) Fit it with a better exhaust system.
(b) Convert it from wood to gas fueled.
(c) Rename it.
(d) Clean it with lye.
6. Where had most of the residents of Ruby resided prior to starting the town of Ruby?
(a) Silver City.
7. Who stops to ask if Sweetie Fleetwood needs a ride?
(a) A man driving a truck.
(b) Toni Morrison.
(c) Mavis Albright.
(d) Roger Best.
8. What two items does Mavis take on her way out of the house late at night?
(a) Sal's rain boots and Frank's car keys.
(b) Her umbrella and a book.
(c) The family photo album and a rope.
(d) Her bankcard and a gun.
9. Who welcomes Mavis at the Convent without judging or questioning her?
10. What is Richard Misner advocating on behalf of the young people?
(a) That they be allowed to drive automobiles if licensed.
(b) That their concerns be heard in addition to the concerns of the older men.
(c) That they be exempt from fieldwork if enrolled in school.
(d) That they be allowed to hold a barn dance.
11. Where do Seneca and Sweetie walk together?
(a) To the community oven.
(b) In the garden.
(c) To the well.
(d) The Convent.
12. In the story Elder told Steward, what were the white men doing?
(a) Building a grain silo.
(b) Gambling with dice.
(c) Filling sand bags in expectation of a flood.
(d) Beating a prostitute.
13. The town of Ruby is named after whom?
(a) Ruby Tuesday.
(b) A famous dancer from Norman, Oklahoma.
(c) The wife of a Comanche Indian chief.
(d) Ruby Best.
14. The men are from what town?
15. Instead of being supportive of Mavis's decision, what does Mavis's mother say?
(a) That Mavis always was the runaway type.
(b) That she does not want to be an accomplice in Mavis's crimes.
(c) That Mavis has three children that need her.
(d) That Mavis is nothing better than a car thief.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Mavis stay at the Convent, according to the chapter "Mavis"?
2. Why have the men come to the Convent?
3. What did someone paint on the oven?
4. What type of law enforcement organization does the town of Ruby have?
5. How many hotels are located in Ruby?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)