|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state is the town of Ruby located?
(a) South Carolina.
2. What type of animal does Deek hunt?
3. Who takes Mavis to get gasoline for her car?
4. Where does Arnette want to go in the coming year?
(a) Baja California.
(c) The Convent.
(d) St. Louis.
5. How long has Mavis been away from the Convent when she returns to meet Gigi?
(a) Six hours.
(b) Three days.
(d) One month.
6. Why have the men come to the Convent?
(a) They hope to sell the women surplus cotton.
(b) They want to learn the skill of canning food.
(c) They blame the women at the convent for a series of catastrophes.
(d) Their pastor has died and they need religious instruction.
7. What do some residents of Ruby want to do to the community oven?
(a) Rename it.
(b) Clean it with lye.
(c) Fit it with a better exhaust system.
(d) Convert it from wood to gas fueled.
8. How did Soane and Deek's sons die?
(a) They drowned.
(b) They were lynched.
(c) They died in an automobile crash.
(d) They were killed in the war.
9. Who drives Mavis to the Cadillac?
(a) A young man from Ruby.
(d) The Justice of the Peace.
10. Who did Connie have an affair with?
(a) Deek Morgan.
(b) Steward Morgan.
(c) K.D. Morgan.
(d) Frank Albright.
11. Who was Ruby Best's husband?
(a) She was a lifelong spinster.
(b) As a nun she considered herself married to God.
(c) Roger Best.
(d) Pete Best.
12. What does Gigi discover about the vehicle she rides in?
(a) The passenger door will not shut properly.
(b) It is stolen.
(c) It has no seatbelts.
(d) It is a hearse.
13. Who is the nephew of the Morgan twins?
(a) Toni Morrison.
(b) K.D. Morgan.
(c) Ruby Tuesday.
(d) Jester Meeks.
14. Who welcomes Mavis at the Convent without judging or questioning her?
15. Where did the men hold the discussion that determined that they would attack the Convent?
(a) At the hotel kitchen.
(b) At the county courthouse.
(c) At the community oven.
(d) At the office of the justice of the peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the families who settled Ruby, Oklahoma originally consider for a town name?
2. What two items does Mavis take on her way out of the house late at night?
3. Who does Gigi see at the Convent that is terribly upset?
4. At the Convent, what does Roger load into his vehicle?
5. What does the woman who hires Seneca claim she needs?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)