|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sweetie believe she hears during the night?
(a) A spotted owl.
(c) Crying children.
(d) A band practicing.
2. Who stops to ask if Sweetie Fleetwood needs a ride?
(a) Mavis Albright.
(b) Toni Morrison.
(c) A man driving a truck.
(d) Roger Best.
3. What were the names of Soane and Deek's sons?
(a) Easter and Scout.
(b) Arthur and Benjamin.
(c) Jeff and David.
(d) Bernard and Arthur.
4. What type of animal does Deek hunt?
5. Who drives Mavis to the Cadillac?
(a) A young man from Ruby.
(b) The Justice of the Peace.
6. What is K.D. doing at the opening of the chapter?
(a) Burlarizing a house in Demby.
(b) Brushing a dog.
(c) Hiding from his uncles.
(d) Writing a letter to Arnette.
7. Who is the nephew of the Morgan twins?
(a) Ruby Tuesday.
(b) Jester Meeks.
(c) Toni Morrison.
(d) K.D. Morgan.
8. Who welcomes Mavis at the Convent without judging or questioning her?
9. What color is the Cadillac after Mavis has it repainted?
10. Why does Mavis begin walking instead of driving the Cadillac?
(a) She fears the car attracts too much attention.
(b) The road is too narrow for a big car.
(c) The car runs out of gasoline.
(d) The weather is wonderful.
11. What does Connie sell to earn money?
(a) Papal indulgences.
(b) Hot peppers, homemade pies, and vegetables.
(c) Quilts and glass figurines.
12. Why does Connie have to tend to the old woman?
(a) Connie owes the old woman money.
(b) The old woman is bedridden.
(c) Connie is the old woman's slave.
(d) The old woman is a fugitive from the law.
13. After Arnette returns from college, what does she refuse to do?
(a) Get out of bed.
(b) Attend youth political meetings.
(c) Wash dishes.
(d) Do her homework.
14. Who is Soane's husband?
(a) K.D. Morgan.
(b) Deek Morgan.
(c) Steward Morgan.
(d) Frank Albright.
15. What does Mavis do upon first seeing Gigi?
(a) Slams on the brakes of her car.
(b) Demands to know if she saw the boys who stole the car tires.
(c) Pretends not to see her.
(d) Offers her a diet soda.
Short Answer Questions
1. The men who visit the Convent believe that there are none of what type of women in the town of Ruby?
2. What is the occupation of Roger Best?
3. How long has Mavis been at the convent, according to the chapter "Grace"?
4. What is beyond the cellar door that one of the twins and his nephew smash?
5. Who does Gigi see at the Convent that is terribly upset?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)