|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the only person to die in the town that became Ruby, Oklahoma during a period of two decades?
(a) Steward Morgan.
(b) Toni Morrison.
(c) K.D. Morgan.
(d) Ruby Best.
2. Why does Connie have to tend to the old woman?
(a) Connie owes the old woman money.
(b) The old woman is bedridden.
(c) Connie is the old woman's slave.
(d) The old woman is a fugitive from the law.
3. Who takes Mavis to get gasoline for her car?
4. What color is the Cadillac after Mavis has it repainted?
5. Instead of being supportive of Mavis's decision, what does Mavis's mother say?
(a) That she does not want to be an accomplice in Mavis's crimes.
(b) That Mavis always was the runaway type.
(c) That Mavis has three children that need her.
(d) That Mavis is nothing better than a car thief.
6. What was the former profession of the old woman Connie tends?
(b) Train conductor.
(c) Probation officer.
7. Where does Mavis initially plan to go after leaving Newark?
(d) FBI Headquarters.
8. What two items does Mavis take on her way out of the house late at night?
(a) Her bankcard and a gun.
(b) Her umbrella and a book.
(c) Sal's rain boots and Frank's car keys.
(d) The family photo album and a rope.
9. Who is Soane's husband?
(a) K.D. Morgan.
(b) Deek Morgan.
(c) Frank Albright.
(d) Steward Morgan.
10. Where does Richard Misner preach?
(a) On the street.
(b) Zion National Bank.
(c) At the Convent.
(d) Mount Cavalry Church.
11. What does Seneca put on Sweetie's shoulders?
(a) A leather handbag.
(b) A parrot.
(c) Gold epaulettes.
(d) A serape.
12. What did someone paint on the oven?
(a) Gang symbols.
(b) The Lord's Prayer.
(c) A fist.
(d) A rooster.
13. What is Richard Misner advocating on behalf of the young people?
(a) That they be exempt from fieldwork if enrolled in school.
(b) That they be allowed to hold a barn dance.
(c) That they be allowed to drive automobiles if licensed.
(d) That their concerns be heard in addition to the concerns of the older men.
14. What do some residents of Ruby want to do to the community oven?
(a) Fit it with a better exhaust system.
(b) Convert it from wood to gas fueled.
(c) Rename it.
(d) Clean it with lye.
15. Where do Seneca and Sweetie walk together?
(a) To the community oven.
(b) In the garden.
(c) To the well.
(d) The Convent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Connie have an affair with?
2. How long has Mavis been away from the Convent when she returns to meet Gigi?
3. Why does Seneca have difficulty sleeping at the Convent?
4. What is Gigi's real name?
5. How long has Mavis been at the convent, according to the chapter "Grace"?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)