|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Deek and Steward born?
2. Why does Seneca have difficulty sleeping at the Convent?
(a) She lays awake at night plotting ways to steal the nun's gold.
(b) She is unaccustomed to clean and comfortable accommodations.
(c) She is disturbed by the nun's band practicing all night.
(d) She is terrified of the scorpions that infest her room.
3. The men are from what town?
4. Who are the wealthiest men in Ruby, Oklahoma?
(a) The bankers.
(b) The Roosevelt Club owners.
(c) The railroad barons.
(d) The Morgan twins.
5. How long has Mavis been away from the Convent when she returns to meet Gigi?
(a) Six hours.
(c) Three days.
(d) One month.
6. What had the driver not previously known he was carrying?
(b) Illegal aliens.
(d) Radioactive coal.
7. Who was Ruby Best's husband?
(a) As a nun she considered herself married to God.
(b) Pete Best.
(c) Roger Best.
(d) She was a lifelong spinster.
8. How many restaurants does Ruby have?
9. Why does Connie have to tend to the old woman?
(a) The old woman is a fugitive from the law.
(b) The old woman is bedridden.
(c) Connie owes the old woman money.
(d) Connie is the old woman's slave.
10. How long does Mavis stay at the Convent, according to the chapter "Mavis"?
(a) Six Weeks.
(b) Three days.
(d) Two years.
11. The men who visit the Convent believe that there are none of what type of women in the town of Ruby?
12. Why is Connie so upset when Gigi first meets her?
(a) Connie thinks Gigi is a voodoo priestess.
(b) A tornado has ruined Connie's garden.
(c) Someone stole Connie's tea making machines.
(d) The old woman that Connie has tended has died.
13. What does Gigi discover about the vehicle she rides in?
(a) It is stolen.
(b) It has no seatbelts.
(c) It is a hearse.
(d) The passenger door will not shut properly.
14. What is Gigi searching for when she arrives in Ruby?
(a) Her birth mother.
(c) Mavis's Cadillac.
(d) A mountain that looks like two lovers locked in embrace.
15. What is Richard Misner advocating on behalf of the young people?
(a) That they be allowed to drive automobiles if licensed.
(b) That they be allowed to hold a barn dance.
(c) That they be exempt from fieldwork if enrolled in school.
(d) That their concerns be heard in addition to the concerns of the older men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Gigi initially shocks Mavis upon Mavis's return to the Convent?
2. What type of animal does Deek hunt?
3. What does Sweetie believe she hears during the night?
4. Who stops to ask if Sweetie Fleetwood needs a ride?
5. Where does Mavis initially plan to go after leaving Newark?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)