|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mavis do to the Cadillac in Newark?
(a) She sets it on fire to conceal the evidence.
(b) She has it painted.
(c) She sells it to a gangster.
(d) She trades it for a bus ticket.
2. What type of animal does Deek hunt?
3. The town of Ruby is named after whom?
(a) Ruby Best.
(b) A famous dancer from Norman, Oklahoma.
(c) The wife of a Comanche Indian chief.
(d) Ruby Tuesday.
4. What is the occupation of Roger Best?
(d) Medical doctor.
5. How many hotels are located in Ruby?
(d) Two plus the diner and boardinghouse.
6. Where does Richard Misner preach?
(a) Zion National Bank.
(b) On the street.
(c) At the Convent.
(d) Mount Cavalry Church.
7. What unwashed, unprepared objects in the pantry at the Convent lead the men to believe that the women at the Convent are lazier than the women in Ruby?
(a) Canning jars.
(b) Rice bowls.
(c) Sheep shears.
(d) China figurines.
8. Who sits beside Mavis while the interview is taking place?
(a) Mavis' three surviving children.
(b) Her attorney.
(c) The undertaker.
(d) A police officer.
9. Where does Arnette want to go in the coming year?
(a) Baja California.
(b) The Convent.
(c) St. Louis.
10. What type of law enforcement organization does the town of Ruby have?
(a) An active and oppressive police force.
(b) Military police.
(d) One decrepit town marshal.
11. What two items does Mavis take on her way out of the house late at night?
(a) Sal's rain boots and Frank's car keys.
(b) Her umbrella and a book.
(c) The family photo album and a rope.
(d) Her bankcard and a gun.
12. Who is in charge of operations at the Convent?
(b) K.D. Morgan.
(c) Abbot Kelly.
(d) Bishop Smith.
13. What color was the Cadillac originally?
14. What were the names of Soane and Deek's sons?
(a) Easter and Scout.
(b) Bernard and Arthur.
(c) Arthur and Benjamin.
(d) Jeff and David.
15. How long does Mavis stay at the Convent, according to the chapter "Mavis"?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two years.
(d) Six Weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. The story opens with the following words:
2. What did the men do together before telling K.D. to get his rifle?
3. Who gives Gigi a ride away from Ruby?
4. The men are from what town?
5. Who is the youngest male in the Morgan family?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)