|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is beyond the cellar door that one of the twins and his nephew smash?
(a) A tunnel to the Indian Reservation.
(b) Spare parts for the electric generator.
(c) An iron foundry.
(d) The Devil's bedroom.
2. What had the driver not previously known he was carrying?
(c) Radioactive coal.
(d) Illegal aliens.
3. Why is the friendship between Connie and Soane surprising?
(a) Connie is an extreme racist, and Soane is black.
(b) Connie had an affair with Soane's husband.
(c) Soane often steals money from Connie.
(d) Connie and Soane competed for the same job at the textile factory.
4. How long does Mavis stay at the Convent, according to the chapter "Mavis"?
(a) Two years.
(c) Six Weeks.
(d) Three days.
5. The men who visit the Convent believe that there are none of what type of women in the town of Ruby?
6. Who is Soane's husband?
(a) Frank Albright.
(b) Steward Morgan.
(c) Deek Morgan.
(d) K.D. Morgan.
7. The story opens with the following words:
(a) "The women of the Convent would be forever damned."
(b) "They shot the white girl first."
(c) "They shot the black girl first."
(d) "No one had any idea how terribly wrong the confrontation could go."
8. What about Gigi initially shocks Mavis upon Mavis's return to the Convent?
(a) Gigi carries a live rattlesnake.
(b) Gigi is setting fire to Connie's garden.
(c) Gigi is naked.
(d) Gigi looks exactly like Mavis's daughter Sal.
9. What color is the Cadillac after Mavis has it repainted?
10. What did the families who settled Ruby, Oklahoma originally consider for a town name?
(b) New Haven.
(d) Diamond Flats.
11. Where does Mavis's mother live?
12. What state is the town of Ruby located?
(c) South Carolina.
13. How did Soane and Deek's sons die?
(a) They were killed in the war.
(b) They were lynched.
(c) They drowned.
(d) They died in an automobile crash.
14. What type of law enforcement organization does the town of Ruby have?
(a) One decrepit town marshal.
(c) An active and oppressive police force.
(d) Military police.
15. Who is the nephew of the Morgan twins?
(a) Toni Morrison.
(b) Jester Meeks.
(c) Ruby Tuesday.
(d) K.D. Morgan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Connie sell to earn money?
2. What is K.D. doing at the opening of the chapter?
3. What were the names of Soane and Deek's sons?
4. What is the occupation of Roger Best?
5. Who was Grace named after?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)