|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Gigi initially shocks Mavis upon Mavis's return to the Convent?
(a) Gigi carries a live rattlesnake.
(b) Gigi is naked.
(c) Gigi looks exactly like Mavis's daughter Sal.
(d) Gigi is setting fire to Connie's garden.
2. What color was the Cadillac originally?
3. What did the families who settled Ruby, Oklahoma originally consider for a town name?
(c) New Haven.
(d) Diamond Flats.
4. How long has Mavis been at the convent, according to the chapter "Grace"?
(a) Nine months.
(b) Two and a half years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Six weeks.
5. What is the purpose of the meeting that K.D. knows will be held later in the day?
(a) K.D. plans to ask his family for permission to enlist in the Army.
(b) K.D. plans to meet with the Sheriff.
(c) K.D. will meet with the cattle rustlers to plan a nighttime raid.
(d) K.D.'s uncles will try to find a solution to K.D. having impregnated Arnette.
6. What does the woman who hires Seneca claim she needs?
(a) A typist.
(b) A model for her painting.
(c) A live-in nurse.
(d) A cook.
7. Who stops to ask if Sweetie Fleetwood needs a ride?
(a) A man driving a truck.
(b) Toni Morrison.
(c) Roger Best.
(d) Mavis Albright.
8. The town of Ruby is named after whom?
(a) A famous dancer from Norman, Oklahoma.
(b) The wife of a Comanche Indian chief.
(c) Ruby Tuesday.
(d) Ruby Best.
9. What was the former profession of the old woman Connie tends?
(a) Probation officer.
(b) Train conductor.
10. What does Sweetie believe she hears during the night?
(a) Crying children.
(b) A band practicing.
(d) A spotted owl.
11. How long has Mavis been away from the Convent when she returns to meet Gigi?
(b) Three days.
(c) Six hours.
(d) One month.
12. At the Convent, what does Roger load into his vehicle?
(a) Seventeen bags of rice.
(b) Sacks of grain.
(c) A body.
(d) Vegetables from Connie's garden.
13. Who drives Mavis to the Cadillac?
(b) The Justice of the Peace.
(d) A young man from Ruby.
14. Where does Mavis initially plan to go after leaving Newark?
(c) FBI Headquarters.
15. What is the occupation of Roger Best?
(a) Medical doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does K.D. blame for Arnette's pregnancy?
2. What does Connie sell to earn money?
3. Why is the friendship between Connie and Soane surprising?
4. What is beyond the cellar door that one of the twins and his nephew smash?
5. Instead of being supportive of Mavis's decision, what does Mavis's mother say?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)