|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The story opens with the following words:
(a) "They shot the white girl first."
(b) "The women of the Convent would be forever damned."
(c) "No one had any idea how terribly wrong the confrontation could go."
(d) "They shot the black girl first."
2. What is Gigi's real name?
(a) She never reveals her true name.
(b) Ginger Gentry.
(d) Gertrude Guest.
3. The men are from what town?
4. What was Mavis purchasing when the twins died?
(b) Automobile insurance.
(c) Books for college.
(d) A new dress.
5. Where do Seneca and Sweetie walk together?
(a) The Convent.
(b) In the garden.
(c) To the community oven.
(d) To the well.
6. Who does K.D. blame for Arnette's pregnancy?
7. Who are the wealthiest men in Ruby, Oklahoma?
(a) The Morgan twins.
(b) The bankers.
(c) The Roosevelt Club owners.
(d) The railroad barons.
8. Who owns the bank in Ruby?
(a) A huge corporation in New York.
(b) Barnes, the plantation owner.
(c) The people of Ruby.
(d) The Morgan twins.
9. Where does Arnette want to go in the coming year?
(b) The Convent.
(c) Baja California.
(d) St. Louis.
10. Where did the men hold the discussion that determined that they would attack the Convent?
(a) At the office of the justice of the peace.
(b) At the community oven.
(c) At the hotel kitchen.
(d) At the county courthouse.
11. Why is the friendship between Connie and Soane surprising?
(a) Connie had an affair with Soane's husband.
(b) Connie and Soane competed for the same job at the textile factory.
(c) Soane often steals money from Connie.
(d) Connie is an extreme racist, and Soane is black.
12. What does Sweetie believe she hears during the night?
(b) A spotted owl.
(c) A band practicing.
(d) Crying children.
13. Who was Grace named after?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Princess Grace.
(d) Grace Kelly.
14. Why does Gigi remain at the Convent rather than continue on with Roger?
(a) She doesn't trust the safety of Roger's vehicle.
(b) Roger refuses to let her ride in his vehicle anymore.
(c) Roger is a terrible driver.
(d) She stays to comfort a person that is terribly upset.
15. Who did Connie have an affair with?
(a) Frank Albright.
(b) Steward Morgan.
(c) K.D. Morgan.
(d) Deek Morgan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mavis's twins die?
2. How did Soane and Deek's sons die?
3. What time of year does the girl who arrives at the Convent at the end of the chapter say it is?
4. Who is the youngest male in the Morgan family?
5. How did Connie meet the old woman she tends at the Convent?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)