|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who drives Mavis to the Cadillac?
(c) The Justice of the Peace.
(d) A young man from Ruby.
2. How many restaurants does Ruby have?
3. What story does Mavis tell the reporter?
(a) The history of the Convent.
(b) Her part in the civil rights struggle in Oklahoma.
(c) The story of the death of her twin children.
(d) How she came to own a classic Cadillac.
4. Who does K.D. blame for Arnette's pregnancy?
5. What about Gigi initially shocks Mavis upon Mavis's return to the Convent?
(a) Gigi looks exactly like Mavis's daughter Sal.
(b) Gigi carries a live rattlesnake.
(c) Gigi is setting fire to Connie's garden.
(d) Gigi is naked.
6. What color was the Cadillac originally?
7. What unwashed, unprepared objects in the pantry at the Convent lead the men to believe that the women at the Convent are lazier than the women in Ruby?
(a) Sheep shears.
(b) China figurines.
(c) Rice bowls.
(d) Canning jars.
8. What type of animal does Deek hunt?
9. How did Soane and Deek's sons die?
(a) They were killed in the war.
(b) They drowned.
(c) They were lynched.
(d) They died in an automobile crash.
10. Who is Soane's husband?
(a) Frank Albright.
(b) Steward Morgan.
(c) Deek Morgan.
(d) K.D. Morgan.
11. What does Sweetie believe she hears during the night?
(a) A band practicing.
(b) Crying children.
(d) A spotted owl.
12. Where does Richard Misner preach?
(a) Zion National Bank.
(b) At the Convent.
(c) On the street.
(d) Mount Cavalry Church.
13. What is beyond the cellar door that one of the twins and his nephew smash?
(a) An iron foundry.
(b) Spare parts for the electric generator.
(c) The Devil's bedroom.
(d) A tunnel to the Indian Reservation.
14. All of the residents of Ruby, Oklahoma are of what race?
(c) African American.
15. Why did the families who settled Ruby leave Haven?
(a) The railroad gave them cash and new land.
(b) Angry white mobs burned their homes.
(c) The price of cotton fell to unprofitable levels.
(d) They fled an outbreak of yellow fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hotels are located in Ruby?
2. Who did Connie have an affair with?
3. What type of law enforcement organization does the town of Ruby have?
4. Who stops to ask if Sweetie Fleetwood needs a ride?
5. What was Mavis purchasing when the twins died?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)