|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Save-Marie.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Billie skeptical about the chances of a happy marriage between Arnette and K.D.?
(a) Arnette had to give up her dream of being a blues singer to marry K.D.
(b) Arnette never really cared for K.D.
(c) Unlike Arnette, K.D. comes from a poor family.
(d) K.D. agreed to marry Arnette only after Gigi stopped seeing him.
2. Why does Connie have to tend to the old woman?
(a) Connie owes the old woman money.
(b) Connie is the old woman's slave.
(c) The old woman is a fugitive from the law.
(d) The old woman is bedridden.
3. What is one deed the Convent is blamed for that was actually committed by K.D.?
(a) The planting of marijuana.
(b) The contamination of the well.
(c) The report to the governor.
(d) The theft of the mine payroll.
4. How many children has Lone DuPres delivered since the last of the Fleetwood children?
5. What is K.D. doing at the opening of the chapter?
(a) Writing a letter to Arnette.
(b) Brushing a dog.
(c) Hiding from his uncles.
(d) Burlarizing a house in Demby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had happened to Lone's birth mother before the group headed to Ruby arrived?
2. In addition to Senior Pullman, who presides at K.D. and Arnette's wedding?
3. Though they do not fear law enforcement finding bodies at the Convent, what do some in Ruby the police might find?
4. What is Richard Misner advocating on behalf of the young people?
5. What is Gigi's real name?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)