|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Save-Marie.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the former profession of the old woman Connie tends?
(b) Probation officer.
(d) Train conductor.
2. What state is the town of Ruby located?
(a) South Carolina.
3. What was the occupation of the woman who took care of Lone after Lone's mother died?
(b) Textile worker.
4. All of the residents of Ruby, Oklahoma are of what race?
(c) African American.
5. Why is Connie so upset when Gigi first meets her?
(a) Someone stole Connie's tea making machines.
(b) The old woman that Connie has tended has died.
(c) Connie thinks Gigi is a voodoo priestess.
(d) A tornado has ruined Connie's garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a young man doing when he caught Connie's attention for the first time?
2. Why did the families who settled Ruby leave Haven?
3. Richard thinks that the older men of Ruby constantly tell stories of ancestor's efforts to found a town but never tell of what?
4. Where do Seneca and Sweetie walk together?
5. Why does Mavis begin walking instead of driving the Cadillac?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)