|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lone.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Connie so upset when Gigi first meets her?
(a) A tornado has ruined Connie's garden.
(b) The old woman that Connie has tended has died.
(c) Someone stole Connie's tea making machines.
(d) Connie thinks Gigi is a voodoo priestess.
2. Why did the families who settled Ruby leave Haven?
(a) The price of cotton fell to unprofitable levels.
(b) The railroad gave them cash and new land.
(c) They fled an outbreak of yellow fever.
(d) Angry white mobs burned their homes.
3. Why does Lone believe that the women of the Convent could not possibly be responsible for the handicaps of the Fleetwood children?
(a) The cancerous growths of the children are from uranium, and the women of the convent do not have access to uranium.
(b) Lone believes that the women of the Convent are perfect and can do no wrong.
(c) Lone knows that she alone is responsible.
(d) The first of the children were born before the women arrived at the Convent.
4. Who is Soane's husband?
(a) Steward Morgan.
(b) Deek Morgan.
(c) Frank Albright.
(d) K.D. Morgan.
5. How does Lone feel about the young couples' tendency to go to hospitals to deliver their babies?
(c) Relieved that they are finally taking medical care seriously.
(d) Indifferent so long as she receives her tax refund on time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mavis do upon first seeing Gigi?
2. Who does K.D. blame for Arnette's pregnancy?
3. Who drives Mavis to the Cadillac?
4. The group that first arrived to found the town of Ruby shared a common dislike for what other group?
5. How long does Mavis stay at the Convent, according to the chapter "Mavis"?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)