|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lone.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a young man doing when he caught Connie's attention for the first time?
(a) Selling lemonade.
(b) Riding a horse.
(c) Plucking a chicken.
(d) Juggling bowling pins.
2. How old was Consolata when she was found by the sisters including Mary Magna?
3. Why did the families who settled Ruby leave Haven?
(a) The railroad gave them cash and new land.
(b) Angry white mobs burned their homes.
(c) The price of cotton fell to unprofitable levels.
(d) They fled an outbreak of yellow fever.
4. In addition to Connie, which was the only nun to remain at the Convent?
(a) Lila Jane.
(b) Mother Jones.
(c) Mary Magna.
(d) Sister Christian.
5. What does Deek believe concerning the effects of the tea Connie gives Soane?
(a) It is slowly killing Soane.
(b) It is a healthy vitamin supplement.
(c) It makes Soane less loving.
(d) It makes Soane easy for Connie to control.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Connie have to tend to the old woman?
2. Why is Billie skeptical about the chances of a happy marriage between Arnette and K.D.?
3. Where do the women of the Convent dance?
4. Who did Billie first turn to after the violent argument with her mother?
5. What does Arnette bring to the Convent after her wedding?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)