|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lone.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are some of the older residents of Ruby unhappy with Richard Misner?
(a) He steals from the church.
(b) He speaks to the young people and encourages them to express their views.
(c) He has seven illegitimate children.
(d) He drinks too much.
2. Why does Connie have to tend to the old woman?
(a) The old woman is a fugitive from the law.
(b) The old woman is bedridden.
(c) Connie is the old woman's slave.
(d) Connie owes the old woman money.
3. How many churches are located within the distance of one mile in Ruby?
4. Why did Pallas flee from her boyfriend and her mother?
(a) She discovered that the two were involved in a crime ring.
(b) She did not flee; she got lost.
(c) She discovered that they were having an affair.
(d) She believed they were going to kill her.
5. What does Arnette bring to the Convent after her wedding?
(a) Wedding cake.
(b) Her ruined dress.
(c) Leftover flowers.
(d) A gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Mavis to get gasoline for her car?
2. Where did Mavis's twins die?
3. What story does Mavis tell the reporter?
4. Who welcomes Mavis at the Convent without judging or questioning her?
5. Who did Billie first turn to after the violent argument with her mother?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)