|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lone.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lone do after hearing the men plotting?
(a) She decides to tell no one.
(b) She calls the newspaper city desk editor.
(c) She directly confronts the men.
(d) She drives to the Convent to warn the women.
2. Why does Seneca have difficulty sleeping at the Convent?
(a) She is disturbed by the nun's band practicing all night.
(b) She is terrified of the scorpions that infest her room.
(c) She lays awake at night plotting ways to steal the nun's gold.
(d) She is unaccustomed to clean and comfortable accommodations.
3. How does Lone feel about the young couples' tendency to go to hospitals to deliver their babies?
(b) Indifferent so long as she receives her tax refund on time.
(d) Relieved that they are finally taking medical care seriously.
4. What does Connie realize about Pallas before even Pallas knows?
(a) Pallas will rule the Convent.
(b) Pallas wants to kill Connie.
(c) Pallas has smallpox.
(d) Pallas is pregnant.
5. What color was the Cadillac originally?
Short Answer Questions
1. What two families display open animosity?
2. What is Gigi searching for when she arrives in Ruby?
3. What is K.D. doing at the opening of the chapter?
4. Where does Patricia say that Billie currently resides?
5. What does Mavis come to believe about her husband's and children's intentions toward her?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)