|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Patricia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mavis begin walking instead of driving the Cadillac?
(a) She fears the car attracts too much attention.
(b) The weather is wonderful.
(c) The road is too narrow for a big car.
(d) The car runs out of gasoline.
2. Who was the only person to die in the town that became Ruby, Oklahoma during a period of two decades?
(a) Ruby Best.
(b) Toni Morrison.
(c) K.D. Morgan.
(d) Steward Morgan.
3. After Arnette returns from college, what does she refuse to do?
(a) Get out of bed.
(b) Attend youth political meetings.
(c) Wash dishes.
(d) Do her homework.
4. Why are some of the older residents of Ruby unhappy with Richard Misner?
(a) He drinks too much.
(b) He speaks to the young people and encourages them to express their views.
(c) He steals from the church.
(d) He has seven illegitimate children.
5. What is the occupation of Roger Best?
(c) Medical doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pallas believe she should contact?
2. While the issue of Arnette's pregnancy is being worked out, what woman is K.D. most fascinated with?
3. How did Connie meet the old woman she tends at the Convent?
4. Richard thinks that the older men of Ruby constantly tell stories of ancestor's efforts to found a town but never tell of what?
5. What is one possible reason that Menus drinks too much?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)