|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Seneca.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the men hold the discussion that determined that they would attack the Convent?
(a) At the community oven.
(b) At the office of the justice of the peace.
(c) At the hotel kitchen.
(d) At the county courthouse.
2. Why is the friendship between Connie and Soane surprising?
(a) Soane often steals money from Connie.
(b) Connie had an affair with Soane's husband.
(c) Connie and Soane competed for the same job at the textile factory.
(d) Connie is an extreme racist, and Soane is black.
3. How many hotels are located in Ruby?
(d) Two plus the diner and boardinghouse.
4. What type of law enforcement organization does the town of Ruby have?
(a) One decrepit town marshal.
(c) Military police.
(d) An active and oppressive police force.
5. The story opens with the following words:
(a) "They shot the white girl first."
(b) "They shot the black girl first."
(c) "The women of the Convent would be forever damned."
(d) "No one had any idea how terribly wrong the confrontation could go."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is K.D. doing at the opening of the chapter?
2. In the story Elder told Steward, what were the white men doing?
3. How long does Mavis stay at the Convent, according to the chapter "Mavis"?
4. What caused Menus to lose his house to foreclosure?
5. Who was Ruby Best's husband?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)