|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Seneca.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The story opens with the following words:
(a) "The women of the Convent would be forever damned."
(b) "They shot the white girl first."
(c) "They shot the black girl first."
(d) "No one had any idea how terribly wrong the confrontation could go."
2. Why have the men come to the Convent?
(a) They blame the women at the convent for a series of catastrophes.
(b) They want to learn the skill of canning food.
(c) They hope to sell the women surplus cotton.
(d) Their pastor has died and they need religious instruction.
3. Who stops to ask if Sweetie Fleetwood needs a ride?
(a) A man driving a truck.
(b) Toni Morrison.
(c) Roger Best.
(d) Mavis Albright.
4. Who are the wealthiest men in Ruby, Oklahoma?
(a) The railroad barons.
(b) The Morgan twins.
(c) The Roosevelt Club owners.
(d) The bankers.
5. What does the woman who hires Seneca claim she needs?
(a) A live-in nurse.
(b) A cook.
(c) A model for her painting.
(d) A typist.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many churches are located within the distance of one mile in Ruby?
2. Why is the friendship between Connie and Soane surprising?
3. Where does Mavis initially plan to go after leaving Newark?
4. In the story Elder told Steward, what were the white men doing?
5. What does Mavis do upon first seeing Gigi?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)