|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Seneca.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mavis begin walking instead of driving the Cadillac?
(a) The weather is wonderful.
(b) The car runs out of gasoline.
(c) She fears the car attracts too much attention.
(d) The road is too narrow for a big car.
2. What do some residents of Ruby want to do to the community oven?
(a) Clean it with lye.
(b) Convert it from wood to gas fueled.
(c) Fit it with a better exhaust system.
(d) Rename it.
3. Where did Mavis's twins die?
(a) In the car.
(b) In Los Angeles, California.
(c) In the hospital.
(d) On the ship journey to America.
4. Where does Arnette want to go in the coming year?
(a) St. Louis.
(b) Baja California.
(c) The Convent.
5. Who welcomes Mavis at the Convent without judging or questioning her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of year does the girl who arrives at the Convent at the end of the chapter say it is?
2. The men are from what town?
3. What state is the town of Ruby located?
4. Who was Grace named after?
5. What did the families who settled Ruby, Oklahoma originally consider for a town name?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)