|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Seneca.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the friendship between Connie and Soane surprising?
(a) Soane often steals money from Connie.
(b) Connie had an affair with Soane's husband.
(c) Connie and Soane competed for the same job at the textile factory.
(d) Connie is an extreme racist, and Soane is black.
2. What caused Menus to lose his house to foreclosure?
(a) Gambling debts.
(b) A poor cotton harvest.
(c) Excessive drinking.
(d) His moonshine still exploded.
3. At the Convent, what does Roger load into his vehicle?
(a) Seventeen bags of rice.
(b) A body.
(c) Vegetables from Connie's garden.
(d) Sacks of grain.
4. What do some residents of Ruby want to do to the community oven?
(a) Fit it with a better exhaust system.
(b) Convert it from wood to gas fueled.
(c) Clean it with lye.
(d) Rename it.
5. Who owns the bank in Ruby?
(a) The Morgan twins.
(b) Barnes, the plantation owner.
(c) A huge corporation in New York.
(d) The people of Ruby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the families who settled Ruby leave Haven?
2. What did someone paint on the oven?
3. What were the names of Soane and Deek's sons?
4. What does the woman who hires Seneca claim she needs?
5. Instead of being supportive of Mavis's decision, what does Mavis's mother say?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)