|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Seneca.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the friendship between Connie and Soane surprising?
(a) Connie is an extreme racist, and Soane is black.
(b) Connie had an affair with Soane's husband.
(c) Soane often steals money from Connie.
(d) Connie and Soane competed for the same job at the textile factory.
2. Why is Connie so upset when Gigi first meets her?
(a) A tornado has ruined Connie's garden.
(b) Connie thinks Gigi is a voodoo priestess.
(c) Someone stole Connie's tea making machines.
(d) The old woman that Connie has tended has died.
3. What time of year does the girl who arrives at the Convent at the end of the chapter say it is?
(a) "Fool's Winter."
(b) "The Ides of March."
(c) "Almost August."
(d) "Indian Summer."
4. What color is the Cadillac after Mavis has it repainted?
5. How many restaurants does Ruby have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman who hires Seneca claim she needs?
2. Why have the men come to the Convent?
3. What did the families who settled Ruby, Oklahoma originally consider for a town name?
4. What about Gigi initially shocks Mavis upon Mavis's return to the Convent?
5. What story does Mavis tell the reporter?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)