|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Seneca.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Mavis stay at the Convent, according to the chapter "Mavis"?
(b) Six Weeks.
(c) Two years.
(d) Three days.
2. What is Richard Misner advocating on behalf of the young people?
(a) That they be allowed to hold a barn dance.
(b) That they be allowed to drive automobiles if licensed.
(c) That their concerns be heard in addition to the concerns of the older men.
(d) That they be exempt from fieldwork if enrolled in school.
3. What about Gigi initially shocks Mavis upon Mavis's return to the Convent?
(a) Gigi carries a live rattlesnake.
(b) Gigi is naked.
(c) Gigi looks exactly like Mavis's daughter Sal.
(d) Gigi is setting fire to Connie's garden.
4. What unwashed, unprepared objects in the pantry at the Convent lead the men to believe that the women at the Convent are lazier than the women in Ruby?
(a) Rice bowls.
(b) China figurines.
(c) Sheep shears.
(d) Canning jars.
5. Who drives Mavis to the Cadillac?
(b) A young man from Ruby.
(d) The Justice of the Peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the friendship between Connie and Soane surprising?
2. What does Connie sell to earn money?
3. What did the families who settled Ruby, Oklahoma originally consider for a town name?
4. What is Gigi searching for when she arrives in Ruby?
5. What is Gigi's real name?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)