|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Grace.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The story opens with the following words:
(a) "They shot the black girl first."
(b) "No one had any idea how terribly wrong the confrontation could go."
(c) "The women of the Convent would be forever damned."
(d) "They shot the white girl first."
2. Why does Mavis begin walking instead of driving the Cadillac?
(a) The weather is wonderful.
(b) The road is too narrow for a big car.
(c) She fears the car attracts too much attention.
(d) The car runs out of gasoline.
3. What is beyond the cellar door that one of the twins and his nephew smash?
(a) The Devil's bedroom.
(b) An iron foundry.
(c) A tunnel to the Indian Reservation.
(d) Spare parts for the electric generator.
4. What color was the Cadillac originally?
5. Who drives Mavis to the Cadillac?
(b) The Justice of the Peace.
(c) A young man from Ruby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Deek and Steward born?
2. Who was Grace named after?
3. At the Convent, what does Roger load into his vehicle?
4. How long does Mavis stay at the Convent, according to the chapter "Mavis"?
5. Why did the families who settled Ruby leave Haven?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)