|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Grace.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of Roger Best?
(d) Medical doctor.
2. Who was Ruby Best's husband?
(a) Pete Best.
(b) She was a lifelong spinster.
(c) As a nun she considered herself married to God.
(d) Roger Best.
3. What time of year does the girl who arrives at the Convent at the end of the chapter say it is?
(a) "The Ides of March."
(b) "Indian Summer."
(c) "Almost August."
(d) "Fool's Winter."
4. How many hotels are located in Ruby?
(d) Two plus the diner and boardinghouse.
5. What did the men do together before telling K.D. to get his rifle?
(a) Pray in an Indian sweat lodge.
(c) Send a telegram to the state police.
(d) Appeal to the local sheriff for help.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unwashed, unprepared objects in the pantry at the Convent lead the men to believe that the women at the Convent are lazier than the women in Ruby?
2. Who owns the bank in Ruby?
3. What is beyond the cellar door that one of the twins and his nephew smash?
4. Who welcomes Mavis at the Convent without judging or questioning her?
5. What color is the Cadillac after Mavis has it repainted?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)