|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Grace.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mavis's twins die?
(a) In the car.
(b) In the hospital.
(c) On the ship journey to America.
(d) In Los Angeles, California.
2. What unwashed, unprepared objects in the pantry at the Convent lead the men to believe that the women at the Convent are lazier than the women in Ruby?
(a) Sheep shears.
(b) China figurines.
(c) Canning jars.
(d) Rice bowls.
3. What time of year does the girl who arrives at the Convent at the end of the chapter say it is?
(a) "Fool's Winter."
(b) "The Ides of March."
(c) "Indian Summer."
(d) "Almost August."
4. What was the former profession of the old woman Connie tends?
(a) Probation officer.
(b) Train conductor.
5. Where is Gigi the first time that Mavis sees her?
(a) On television.
(b) On top of the windmill.
(c) In the cellar below the barn.
(d) Sprawled in the yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Mavis to get gasoline for her car?
2. How did Connie meet the old woman she tends at the Convent?
3. Who is Steward Morgan's twin brother?
4. What does Mavis come to believe about her husband's and children's intentions toward her?
5. What is K.D. doing at the opening of the chapter?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)