|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Grace.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the wealthiest men in Ruby, Oklahoma?
(a) The Roosevelt Club owners.
(b) The railroad barons.
(c) The Morgan twins.
(d) The bankers.
2. Who sits beside Mavis while the interview is taking place?
(a) Her attorney.
(b) A police officer.
(c) The undertaker.
(d) Mavis' three surviving children.
3. The story opens with the following words:
(a) "They shot the white girl first."
(b) "The women of the Convent would be forever damned."
(c) "They shot the black girl first."
(d) "No one had any idea how terribly wrong the confrontation could go."
4. How many churches are located within the distance of one mile in Ruby?
5. What story does Mavis tell the reporter?
(a) Her part in the civil rights struggle in Oklahoma.
(b) How she came to own a classic Cadillac.
(c) The story of the death of her twin children.
(d) The history of the Convent.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Mavis been at the convent, according to the chapter "Grace"?
2. Where were Deek and Steward born?
3. What unwashed, unprepared objects in the pantry at the Convent lead the men to believe that the women at the Convent are lazier than the women in Ruby?
4. Who is the youngest male in the Morgan family?
5. What does Connie sell to earn money?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)