|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Grace.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All of the residents of Ruby, Oklahoma are of what race?
(c) African American.
2. The story opens with the following words:
(a) "They shot the black girl first."
(b) "The women of the Convent would be forever damned."
(c) "They shot the white girl first."
(d) "No one had any idea how terribly wrong the confrontation could go."
3. What unwashed, unprepared objects in the pantry at the Convent lead the men to believe that the women at the Convent are lazier than the women in Ruby?
(a) Canning jars.
(b) China figurines.
(c) Sheep shears.
(d) Rice bowls.
4. How many restaurants does Ruby have?
5. Who was the only person to die in the town that became Ruby, Oklahoma during a period of two decades?
(a) Steward Morgan.
(b) Ruby Best.
(c) K.D. Morgan.
(d) Toni Morrison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Connie have an affair with?
2. Why did the families who settled Ruby leave Haven?
3. How did Connie meet the old woman she tends at the Convent?
4. Why does Mavis begin walking instead of driving the Cadillac?
5. What does Gigi discover about the vehicle she rides in?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)