|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mavis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unwashed, unprepared objects in the pantry at the Convent lead the men to believe that the women at the Convent are lazier than the women in Ruby?
(a) China figurines.
(b) Canning jars.
(c) Rice bowls.
(d) Sheep shears.
2. Where does Mavis initially plan to go after leaving Newark?
(d) FBI Headquarters.
3. What is beyond the cellar door that one of the twins and his nephew smash?
(a) A tunnel to the Indian Reservation.
(b) Spare parts for the electric generator.
(c) The Devil's bedroom.
(d) An iron foundry.
4. What story does Mavis tell the reporter?
(a) How she came to own a classic Cadillac.
(b) The history of the Convent.
(c) Her part in the civil rights struggle in Oklahoma.
(d) The story of the death of her twin children.
5. Who sits beside Mavis while the interview is taking place?
(a) Mavis' three surviving children.
(b) A police officer.
(c) Her attorney.
(d) The undertaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Connie sell to earn money?
2. Who did Connie have an affair with?
3. The men who visit the Convent believe that there are none of what type of women in the town of Ruby?
4. The story opens with the following words:
5. Who is Steward Morgan's twin brother?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)