|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mavis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color was the Cadillac originally?
2. All of the residents of Ruby, Oklahoma are of what race?
(b) African American.
3. Why have the men come to the Convent?
(a) Their pastor has died and they need religious instruction.
(b) They hope to sell the women surplus cotton.
(c) They blame the women at the convent for a series of catastrophes.
(d) They want to learn the skill of canning food.
4. Why does Mavis begin walking instead of driving the Cadillac?
(a) The road is too narrow for a big car.
(b) The weather is wonderful.
(c) She fears the car attracts too much attention.
(d) The car runs out of gasoline.
5. Who drives Mavis to the Cadillac?
(b) The Justice of the Peace.
(d) A young man from Ruby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Connie have to tend to the old woman?
2. Where had most of the residents of Ruby resided prior to starting the town of Ruby?
3. What does Mavis come to believe about her husband's and children's intentions toward her?
4. Where were Deek and Steward born?
5. What is the occupation of Roger Best?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)