|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mavis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the men do together before telling K.D. to get his rifle?
(a) Pray in an Indian sweat lodge.
(b) Send a telegram to the state police.
(c) Appeal to the local sheriff for help.
2. What type of law enforcement organization does the town of Ruby have?
(b) An active and oppressive police force.
(c) One decrepit town marshal.
(d) Military police.
3. Where did Mavis's twins die?
(a) In Los Angeles, California.
(b) On the ship journey to America.
(c) In the car.
(d) In the hospital.
4. Why does Mavis begin walking instead of driving the Cadillac?
(a) The car runs out of gasoline.
(b) The road is too narrow for a big car.
(c) The weather is wonderful.
(d) She fears the car attracts too much attention.
5. Why did the families who settled Ruby leave Haven?
(a) The railroad gave them cash and new land.
(b) Angry white mobs burned their homes.
(c) They fled an outbreak of yellow fever.
(d) The price of cotton fell to unprofitable levels.
Short Answer Questions
1. The story opens with the following words:
2. Where did the men hold the discussion that determined that they would attack the Convent?
3. What unwashed, unprepared objects in the pantry at the Convent lead the men to believe that the women at the Convent are lazier than the women in Ruby?
4. What is the occupation of Roger Best?
5. The men who visit the Convent believe that there are none of what type of women in the town of Ruby?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)