|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mavis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who welcomes Mavis at the Convent without judging or questioning her?
2. What two items does Mavis take on her way out of the house late at night?
(a) Her bankcard and a gun.
(b) The family photo album and a rope.
(c) Her umbrella and a book.
(d) Sal's rain boots and Frank's car keys.
3. What unwashed, unprepared objects in the pantry at the Convent lead the men to believe that the women at the Convent are lazier than the women in Ruby?
(a) Canning jars.
(b) Sheep shears.
(c) Rice bowls.
(d) China figurines.
4. How did Connie meet the old woman she tends at the Convent?
(a) Connie worked for the old woman at the textile factory.
(b) The old woman is Connie's sister.
(c) The old woman adopted Connie when she was nine.
(d) The old woman is Connie's birth mother.
5. Who is in charge of operations at the Convent?
(b) Bishop Smith.
(c) K.D. Morgan.
(d) Abbot Kelly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the families who settled Ruby leave Haven?
2. What does Connie sell to earn money?
3. What is beyond the cellar door that one of the twins and his nephew smash?
4. How long does Mavis stay at the Convent, according to the chapter "Mavis"?
5. The men who visit the Convent believe that there are none of what type of women in the town of Ruby?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)