|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lone.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Richard and Anna contemplating?
(a) Opening a day care business.
(b) Leasing land from the Convent.
(d) Opening Ruby's first restaurant.
2. What time of year does the girl who arrives at the Convent at the end of the chapter say it is?
(a) "Fool's Winter."
(b) "Almost August."
(c) "Indian Summer."
(d) "The Ides of March."
3. What does Connie realize about Pallas before even Pallas knows?
(a) Pallas is pregnant.
(b) Pallas will rule the Convent.
(c) Pallas wants to kill Connie.
(d) Pallas has smallpox.
4. The town of Ruby is named after whom?
(a) A famous dancer from Norman, Oklahoma.
(b) Ruby Best.
(c) Ruby Tuesday.
(d) The wife of a Comanche Indian chief.
5. How did Connie meet the old woman she tends at the Convent?
(a) The old woman is Connie's birth mother.
(b) The old woman is Connie's sister.
(c) The old woman adopted Connie when she was nine.
(d) Connie worked for the old woman at the textile factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of family did Pallas come from?
2. What is one of the mishaps that the men of Ruby blame on the women of the Convent?
3. What is Lone DuPres's occupation?
4. What type of views does Patricia believe that Richard is teaching to the young people?
5. What is one of Patricia's hobbies?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)