|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lone.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The town of Ruby is named after whom?
(a) A famous dancer from Norman, Oklahoma.
(b) The wife of a Comanche Indian chief.
(c) Ruby Best.
(d) Ruby Tuesday.
2. Who raised Lone DuPres?
(a) Fairy DuPres.
3. Who owns the bank in Ruby?
(a) The Morgan twins.
(b) Barnes, the plantation owner.
(c) A huge corporation in New York.
(d) The people of Ruby.
4. How does Lone feel about the young couples' tendency to go to hospitals to deliver their babies?
(a) Indifferent so long as she receives her tax refund on time.
(d) Relieved that they are finally taking medical care seriously.
5. What type of law enforcement organization does the town of Ruby have?
(a) One decrepit town marshal.
(c) An active and oppressive police force.
(d) Military police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the young man who walks into Anna's store seek?
2. What was Lone gathering when she overheard the men plotting?
3. Why does Mavis begin walking instead of driving the Cadillac?
4. Why does Lone believe that the women of the Convent could not possibly be responsible for the handicaps of the Fleetwood children?
5. The story opens with the following words:
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)