|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lone.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stops to ask if Sweetie Fleetwood needs a ride?
(a) A man driving a truck.
(b) Roger Best.
(c) Toni Morrison.
(d) Mavis Albright.
2. What does Mavis come to believe about her husband's and children's intentions toward her?
(a) She believes they plan to kill her.
(b) She believes they intend to save money to help her retire soon.
(c) She believes they plan to collaborate on a book about her life.
(d) She believes they are planning a surprise party.
3. What does Arnette bring to the Convent after her wedding?
(a) Leftover flowers.
(b) Wedding cake.
(c) A gun.
(d) Her ruined dress.
4. What were the names of Soane and Deek's sons?
(a) Jeff and David.
(b) Bernard and Arthur.
(c) Arthur and Benjamin.
(d) Easter and Scout.
5. Why does Seneca have difficulty sleeping at the Convent?
(a) She is terrified of the scorpions that infest her room.
(b) She is unaccustomed to clean and comfortable accommodations.
(c) She lays awake at night plotting ways to steal the nun's gold.
(d) She is disturbed by the nun's band practicing all night.
Short Answer Questions
1. The story opens with the following words:
2. Richard thinks that the older men of Ruby constantly tell stories of ancestor's efforts to found a town but never tell of what?
3. How many bodies does Roger pick up at the Convent?
4. What had the driver not previously known he was carrying?
5. Why does Gigi remain at the Convent rather than continue on with Roger?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)