|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lone.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who raised Lone DuPres?
(c) Fairy DuPres.
2. What does Deek do immediately upon arriving at the Convent?
(a) He sets fire to the barn.
(b) He drops to his knees and offers a prayer.
(c) He shoots the first woman he sees.
(d) He tries to find Connie to tell her to run.
3. Why did the original group traveling to what would become Ruby take some babies from their homes?
(a) They were afraid white people would make them slaves.
(b) The babies' parents sold the babies to the founders.
(c) The founders knew they would need laborers to work in the fields.
(d) The babies were in intolerable circumstances.
4. Why does Connie have to tend to the old woman?
(a) The old woman is bedridden.
(b) The old woman is a fugitive from the law.
(c) Connie owes the old woman money.
(d) Connie is the old woman's slave.
5. Who welcomes Mavis at the Convent without judging or questioning her?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lone feel about the young couples' tendency to go to hospitals to deliver their babies?
2. Why does Mavis begin walking instead of driving the Cadillac?
3. What do some residents of Ruby want to do to the community oven?
4. Where do Seneca and Sweetie walk together?
5. What unwashed, unprepared objects in the pantry at the Convent lead the men to believe that the women at the Convent are lazier than the women in Ruby?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)