|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lone.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Menus forced to abandon the woman he brought from Virginia?
(a) She got pregnant, and Menus was afraid.
(b) She compulsively stole everything she could.
(c) She had a substance abuse problem.
(d) She was too light skinned.
2. Why did the families who settled Ruby leave Haven?
(a) The railroad gave them cash and new land.
(b) They fled an outbreak of yellow fever.
(c) The price of cotton fell to unprofitable levels.
(d) Angry white mobs burned their homes.
3. What is one of Patricia's hobbies?
(c) Stamp collecting.
4. What type of law enforcement organization does the town of Ruby have?
(a) An active and oppressive police force.
(b) One decrepit town marshal.
(d) Military police.
5. What was a young man doing when he caught Connie's attention for the first time?
(a) Plucking a chicken.
(b) Riding a horse.
(c) Juggling bowling pins.
(d) Selling lemonade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the woman who took care of Lone after Lone's mother died?
2. What does Seneca put on Sweetie's shoulders?
3. Where had most of the residents of Ruby resided prior to starting the town of Ruby?
4. Who is the man who has secret meetings with Connie?
5. What does Arnette bring to the Convent after her wedding?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)