|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Grace.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Connie have to tend to the old woman?
(a) The old woman is bedridden.
(b) The old woman is a fugitive from the law.
(c) Connie owes the old woman money.
(d) Connie is the old woman's slave.
2. How long has Mavis been away from the Convent when she returns to meet Gigi?
(a) Three days.
(b) One month.
(d) Six hours.
3. What did the families who settled Ruby, Oklahoma originally consider for a town name?
(a) Diamond Flats.
(d) New Haven.
4. What does Mavis do upon first seeing Gigi?
(a) Pretends not to see her.
(b) Offers her a diet soda.
(c) Demands to know if she saw the boys who stole the car tires.
(d) Slams on the brakes of her car.
5. What is Gigi searching for when she arrives in Ruby?
(b) Her birth mother.
(c) A mountain that looks like two lovers locked in embrace.
(d) Mavis's Cadillac.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unwashed, unprepared objects in the pantry at the Convent lead the men to believe that the women at the Convent are lazier than the women in Ruby?
2. Where is Gigi the first time that Mavis sees her?
3. Who is Soane's husband?
4. What story does Mavis tell the reporter?
5. What state is the town of Ruby located?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)