|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Grace.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unwashed, unprepared objects in the pantry at the Convent lead the men to believe that the women at the Convent are lazier than the women in Ruby?
(a) China figurines.
(b) Rice bowls.
(c) Sheep shears.
(d) Canning jars.
2. What does Connie sell to earn money?
(a) Hot peppers, homemade pies, and vegetables.
(b) Quilts and glass figurines.
(d) Papal indulgences.
3. Who are the wealthiest men in Ruby, Oklahoma?
(a) The Roosevelt Club owners.
(b) The railroad barons.
(c) The bankers.
(d) The Morgan twins.
4. What did the men do together before telling K.D. to get his rifle?
(b) Pray in an Indian sweat lodge.
(c) Appeal to the local sheriff for help.
(d) Send a telegram to the state police.
5. Where is Gigi the first time that Mavis sees her?
(a) On television.
(b) On top of the windmill.
(c) In the cellar below the barn.
(d) Sprawled in the yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Connie so upset when Gigi first meets her?
2. What was the former profession of the old woman Connie tends?
3. What state is the town of Ruby located?
4. What is K.D. doing at the opening of the chapter?
5. What does Mavis do upon first seeing Gigi?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)