|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Divine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many churches are located within the distance of one mile in Ruby?
2. What is Gigi searching for when she arrives in Ruby?
(a) A mountain that looks like two lovers locked in embrace.
(b) Mavis's Cadillac.
(d) Her birth mother.
3. Why did the families who settled Ruby leave Haven?
(a) Angry white mobs burned their homes.
(b) The price of cotton fell to unprofitable levels.
(c) The railroad gave them cash and new land.
(d) They fled an outbreak of yellow fever.
4. What time of year does the girl who arrives at the Convent at the end of the chapter say it is?
(a) "Fool's Winter."
(b) "Indian Summer."
(c) "Almost August."
(d) "The Ides of March."
5. What is Gigi's real name?
(a) Ginger Gentry.
(c) Gertrude Guest.
(d) She never reveals her true name.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the former profession of the old woman Connie tends?
2. What is K.D. doing at the opening of the chapter?
3. What is Richard Misner advocating on behalf of the young people?
4. In the story Elder told Steward, what were the white men doing?
5. What state is the town of Ruby located?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)