|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Divine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom do Pullman's accusatory statements seem directed at?
(a) Richard Misner.
(c) Bishop Jones.
(d) Abbess Connie.
2. Why is the friendship between Connie and Soane surprising?
(a) Connie is an extreme racist, and Soane is black.
(b) Soane often steals money from Connie.
(c) Connie and Soane competed for the same job at the textile factory.
(d) Connie had an affair with Soane's husband.
3. What was the former profession of the old woman Connie tends?
(c) Probation officer.
(d) Train conductor.
4. What time of year does the girl who arrives at the Convent at the end of the chapter say it is?
(a) "Fool's Winter."
(b) "Almost August."
(c) "Indian Summer."
(d) "The Ides of March."
5. Why is Billie skeptical about the chances of a happy marriage between Arnette and K.D.?
(a) K.D. agreed to marry Arnette only after Gigi stopped seeing him.
(b) Unlike Arnette, K.D. comes from a poor family.
(c) Arnette had to give up her dream of being a blues singer to marry K.D.
(d) Arnette never really cared for K.D.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Mavis tell the reporter?
2. Who was Ruby Best's husband?
3. Where does Richard Misner preach?
4. What type of animal does Deek hunt?
5. What does Sweetie believe she hears during the night?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)