|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Divine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unwashed, unprepared objects in the pantry at the Convent lead the men to believe that the women at the Convent are lazier than the women in Ruby?
(a) Rice bowls.
(b) Canning jars.
(c) Sheep shears.
(d) China figurines.
2. What story does Mavis tell the reporter?
(a) Her part in the civil rights struggle in Oklahoma.
(b) How she came to own a classic Cadillac.
(c) The history of the Convent.
(d) The story of the death of her twin children.
3. How did Connie meet the old woman she tends at the Convent?
(a) Connie worked for the old woman at the textile factory.
(b) The old woman adopted Connie when she was nine.
(c) The old woman is Connie's sister.
(d) The old woman is Connie's birth mother.
4. Why have the men come to the Convent?
(a) They want to learn the skill of canning food.
(b) They hope to sell the women surplus cotton.
(c) Their pastor has died and they need religious instruction.
(d) They blame the women at the convent for a series of catastrophes.
5. After Arnette returns from college, what does she refuse to do?
(a) Wash dishes.
(b) Do her homework.
(c) Attend youth political meetings.
(d) Get out of bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of being supportive of Mavis's decision, what does Mavis's mother say?
2. What color is the Cadillac after Mavis has it repainted?
3. What does Gigi discover about the vehicle she rides in?
4. What state is the town of Ruby located?
5. How many restaurants does Ruby have?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)