|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Divine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Mavis stay at the Convent, according to the chapter "Mavis"?
(a) Six Weeks.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two years.
2. Why are some of the older residents of Ruby unhappy with Richard Misner?
(a) He steals from the church.
(b) He speaks to the young people and encourages them to express their views.
(c) He has seven illegitimate children.
(d) He drinks too much.
3. Why have the men come to the Convent?
(a) They want to learn the skill of canning food.
(b) They blame the women at the convent for a series of catastrophes.
(c) They hope to sell the women surplus cotton.
(d) Their pastor has died and they need religious instruction.
4. What state is the town of Ruby located?
(b) South Carolina.
5. Who are the wealthiest men in Ruby, Oklahoma?
(a) The Roosevelt Club owners.
(b) The Morgan twins.
(c) The railroad barons.
(d) The bankers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mavis's twins die?
2. Who was Grace named after?
3. Why does Mavis begin walking instead of driving the Cadillac?
4. What does Arnette bring to the Convent after her wedding?
5. What color is the Cadillac after Mavis has it repainted?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)