|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Divine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Menus to lose his house to foreclosure?
(a) Excessive drinking.
(b) Gambling debts.
(c) His moonshine still exploded.
(d) A poor cotton harvest.
2. To whom do Pullman's accusatory statements seem directed at?
(a) Abbess Connie.
(c) Bishop Jones.
(d) Richard Misner.
3. Why did Pallas flee from her boyfriend and her mother?
(a) She discovered that they were having an affair.
(b) She believed they were going to kill her.
(c) She did not flee; she got lost.
(d) She discovered that the two were involved in a crime ring.
4. What is beyond the cellar door that one of the twins and his nephew smash?
(a) A tunnel to the Indian Reservation.
(b) The Devil's bedroom.
(c) An iron foundry.
(d) Spare parts for the electric generator.
5. Instead of being supportive of Mavis's decision, what does Mavis's mother say?
(a) That Mavis is nothing better than a car thief.
(b) That Mavis always was the runaway type.
(c) That she does not want to be an accomplice in Mavis's crimes.
(d) That Mavis has three children that need her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Billie Delia's mother?
2. Where does Arnette want to go in the coming year?
3. What two families display open animosity?
4. Who did Connie have an affair with?
5. Where does Mavis initially plan to go after leaving Newark?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)