|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Divine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Billie skeptical about the chances of a happy marriage between Arnette and K.D.?
(a) Arnette never really cared for K.D.
(b) Unlike Arnette, K.D. comes from a poor family.
(c) Arnette had to give up her dream of being a blues singer to marry K.D.
(d) K.D. agreed to marry Arnette only after Gigi stopped seeing him.
2. At the Convent, what does Roger load into his vehicle?
(a) Sacks of grain.
(b) Vegetables from Connie's garden.
(c) Seventeen bags of rice.
(d) A body.
3. Who was Ruby Best's husband?
(a) She was a lifelong spinster.
(b) Roger Best.
(c) As a nun she considered herself married to God.
(d) Pete Best.
4. Who does K.D. blame for Arnette's pregnancy?
5. Why have the men come to the Convent?
(a) Their pastor has died and they need religious instruction.
(b) They blame the women at the convent for a series of catastrophes.
(c) They want to learn the skill of canning food.
(d) They hope to sell the women surplus cotton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Connie have to tend to the old woman?
2. What caused Menus to lose his house to foreclosure?
3. In the story Elder told Steward, what were the white men doing?
4. What did someone paint on the oven?
5. Where does Mavis's mother live?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)