• A group of armed men arrive at the Convent to confront women.
• The men believe that the women at the Convent are responsible for a series of catastrophes that have occurred in the town of Ruby, Oklahoma.
• Among the group of men that arrive at the Convent are twin brothers, Steward and Deek Morgan, and their nephew, K.D. Morgan.
• The men kill women at the Convent.
• During an interview with a reporter, Mavis tells the story of the death of her infant twins.
• Mavis comes to believe that her husband and her three other children plan to murder her.
• Mavis steals her husband's Cadillac and flees.
• Mavis stays for a brief while at her mother's home, and then goes to Newark where she gets the Cadillac painted.
• Mavis travels west intending to go to California but runs out of gasoline near the Convent.
• At the...
This section contains 1,790 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)