|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aunt Tam prepares which of Hang's favorite foods?
(a) Crab egg soup.
(b) Sweet bean paste buns.
(c) Shark fins.
(d) Sticky rice dumplings.
2. The color then reminds her of what childhood memory?
(a) Tin roofs.
(b) Stagnant ponds.
(c) Ripe fruit.
(d) Silky clothes.
3. Hang imagines her future in what setting?
4. What is the person doing?
(a) Catching frogs.
(b) Cleaning laundry.
(c) Washing rice.
5. Hang left for Russia via what airport?
(a) Ho Chi Minh.
(b) Angor Wat.
(d) Noi Bai.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hang later associates the color with what?
2. What gift does Hang buy for Madame Vera?
3. Who saw Hang off to the airport?
4. Once she arrives in Moscow, Hang goes where to meet her uncle Chinh?
5. The artist was originally from what country?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Hang's thoughts about separation.
2. Describe the English artist's paintings.
3. How does Que provide for Chinh's medical care?
4. How does Hang feel about Aunt Tam's village?
5. What is the story Aunt Tam tells about an honest minister?
6. Describe the apartment Uncle Chinh has been staying at.
7. Why does Que and Aunt Tam's relationship become strained?
8. How does Que treat Hang when she returns from the celebration at Aunt Tam's?
9. What decision does Hang come to that night and why?
10. Describe Hang's first visit to see Uncle Chinh in Moscow.
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)