|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the government housing where Uncle Chinh lives?
(a) PS 140.
(b) Little Saigon.
(c) Northeast Compound.
(d) Resident K.
2. Where does Hang go after Aunt Tam's banquet for her?
(a) Back to her village.
(b) On vacation.
(c) To university.
(d) To the beach with friends.
3. Hang discovers that who died last winter?
(a) The cripple.
(b) Fuzzy White.
(c) Madame Dua.
(d) Neighbor Vi.
4. Aunt Tam makes what from bamboo?
5. Mr. Duong was planning on taking the land of which party guest?
(a) The scarred woman's sister.
(b) Madame Dua.
(c) The driver's son.
(d) Hang's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Que buys a Japanese cloth with what pattern?
2. What gift does Hang buy for Madame Vera?
3. Hang offers what candy to her traveling companion on the train?
4. What does Hang use to warm herself on the train?
5. Hang associates the house with what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship between Madame Dua and Aunt Tam?
2. What decision does Hang come to that night and why?
3. How does Hang feel about Aunt Tam's village?
4. Describe the apartment Uncle Chinh has been staying at.
5. What is the story Aunt Tam tells about an honest minister?
6. Why does Que and Aunt Tam's relationship become strained?
7. Why does Hang move out of her mother's house?
8. What realization does Hang have while staying at her Aunt's house before a celebration for Hang's acceptance into school?
9. Who is My. Duong?
10. Describe Hang's thoughts about separation.
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)