|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the government housing where Uncle Chinh lives?
(a) Little Saigon.
(b) Northeast Compound.
(c) Resident K.
(d) PS 140.
2. How does Hang describe the current landscape?
3. What is the person doing?
(a) Washing rice.
(b) Catching frogs.
(d) Cleaning laundry.
4. Hang offers what candy to her traveling companion on the train?
(d) Dried plums.
5. Hang left for Russia via what airport?
(a) Noi Bai.
(b) Angor Wat.
(d) Ho Chi Minh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Duong do after Aunt Tam embarrasses him?
2. Hang associates the house with what?
3. Hang discovers that her mother was in a car accident with what consequence?
4. How long after Que's accident until Hang told Uncle Chinh?
5. Hang takes her entrance exams how long before leaving Vietnam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hang envision for her future?
2. How does Hang feel about Aunt Tam's village?
3. Describe Hang's first visit to see Uncle Chinh in Moscow.
4. Describe Hang's nostalgia about fog.
5. What is Hang's relationship with her male traveling companion?
6. What is the story Aunt Tam tells about an honest minister?
7. Describe the English artist's paintings.
8. What was Chinh's reaction to Que's accident?
9. Why has Chinh summoned her?
10. Why does Hang move out of her mother's house?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)