|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During her celebration, Hang escapes to a neighbor's house to do what?
2. In Aunt Tam's story, what is the name of the man who was promoted to governor?
(a) Huy Nguyen.
(b) Tran Binh.
(c) Duc Pho.
(d) Vu Ngo.
3. What does Aunt Tam give Hang to celebrate passing her exams?
(a) All of these.
4. Hang recalls an artist who was inspired by what weather phenomenon?
5. Uncle Chinh demands what of his sister?
(a) American medicine.
(c) A suitor for his daughter.
(d) Traditional Vietnamese food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the purple flowers around the pond?
2. Uncle Chinh confides that he can only trust who?
3. Aunt Tam prepares which of Hang's favorite foods?
4. How many stops until Russia at this point in the story?
5. What does Hang consider the "greatest human sadness?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hang envision for her future?
2. What is Aunt Tam's response to Mr. Duong's favor?
3. Describe the apartment Uncle Chinh has been staying at.
4. Why does Hang move out of her mother's house?
5. How does Que provide for Chinh's medical care?
6. Who is waiting for Hang and what does he want?
7. Why does Que and Aunt Tam's relationship become strained?
8. What was Chinh's reaction to Que's accident?
9. What is Hang's relationship with her male traveling companion?
10. Describe the English artist's paintings.
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)