|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The flowers are often found near what?
(a) Rotting algae.
(c) Miserable hovels.
(d) All of these.
2. What is Que's occupation since the accident?
(a) Music teacher.
(c) Garment worker.
(d) She runs a small snack stand.
3. What does the visitor want?
(a) To buy gold.
(b) To ask for her hand in marriage.
(c) To sell noodles.
(d) To make a loan.
4. Hang recalls an artist who was inspired by what weather phenomenon?
5. Hang remembers following her mother to a village outside and seeing who by large pond?
(a) An elderly teacher.
(b) A little boy.
(c) An old woman.
(d) A young wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hang wants to sell what to get more money?
2. What are the words used to describe the legacy left to Hang?
3. What is the person doing?
4. Who is the researcher who Uncle Chinh is staying with?
5. How does Hang describe the current landscape?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decision does Hang come to that night and why?
2. Who is My. Duong?
3. What is Aunt Tam's response to Mr. Duong's favor?
4. What is Hang's relationship with her male traveling companion?
5. What is the relationship between Madame Dua and Aunt Tam?
6. Why has Chinh summoned her?
7. What does Hang envision for her future?
8. Descrive Hang's feelings toward the color purple.
9. Why does Hang move out of her mother's house?
10. Who is waiting for Hang and what does he want?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)