|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once she arrives in Moscow, Hang goes where to meet her uncle Chinh?
(b) Night market.
(c) Retirement home.
2. What color are the purple flowers around the pond?
3. Aunt Tam says that Madame Dua's husband left because of which of her characteristics?
4. What gift does Hang buy for Madame Vera?
(a) Silk shawl.
(d) High heels.
5. How many stops until Russia at this point in the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Aunt Tam prepares which of Hang's favorite foods?
2. Hang receives a new telegram when she returns. Who is dying?
3. Uncle Chinh had summoned Hang to Moscow once before to participate in what?
4. In Aunt Tam's story, what is the name of the man who was promoted to governor?
5. Hang associates the house with what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Que provide for Chinh's medical care?
2. What is the story Aunt Tam tells about an honest minister?
3. What decision does Hang come to that night and why?
4. Describe Hang's first visit to see Uncle Chinh in Moscow.
5. Why does Hang move out of her mother's house?
6. Describe the apartment Uncle Chinh has been staying at.
7. Why has Chinh summoned her?
8. Why does Que and Aunt Tam's relationship become strained?
9. Why does Hang like duckweed flowers so much?
10. What is Aunt Tam's response to Mr. Duong's favor?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)