|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hang hears what animal being slaughtered for her celebration?
2. Uncle Chinh demands what of his sister?
(b) A suitor for his daughter.
(c) Traditional Vietnamese food.
(d) American medicine.
3. In Aunt Tam's story, what is the name of the man who was promoted to governor?
(a) Tran Binh.
(b) Vu Ngo.
(c) Duc Pho.
(d) Huy Nguyen.
4. This color plays an important role in Hang's childhood and is associated with what emotion?
5. Hang stays the duration of the traditional ceremonies when someone dies for what duration of time?
(a) One hundred days.
(b) Two years.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One month.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Chinh's guests did Hang meet at the university?
2. Two burly men ask Hang if she has what commodity to sell?
3. What did Hang find among her aunt's possessions that made her aware of her aunt's unrealized dreams?
4. How many stops until Russia at this point in the story?
5. Aunt Tam prepares which of Hang's favorite foods?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the English artist's paintings.
2. Why does Hang like duckweed flowers so much?
3. What is Aunt Tam's response to Mr. Duong's favor?
4. What is the relationship between Madame Dua and Aunt Tam?
5. Why has Chinh summoned her?
6. Is Hang's acceptance into university a cause for celebration?
7. Describe Hang's thoughts about separation.
8. How does Que treat Hang when she returns from the celebration at Aunt Tam's?
9. How does Hang feel about Aunt Tam's village?
10. Describe Hang's nostalgia about fog.
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)