|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Uncle Chinh confides that he can only trust who?
(a) No one.
(c) Young students.
(d) Other Vietnamese.
2. How does Que pay for Chinh's medicine and food?
(a) Donations from neighbors.
(b) A second job.
(c) Borrows from Aunt Tam.
(d) Her salary.
3. Uncle Chinh demands what of his sister?
(a) Traditional Vietnamese food.
(b) A suitor for his daughter.
(d) American medicine.
4. Hang receives a new telegram when she returns. Who is dying?
(a) Aunt Tam.
(c) Madame Dua.
(d) Uncle Chinh.
5. Uncle Chinh's wife holds what position?
(b) Sous chef.
(c) Dean of Philosophy Department.
(d) Police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hang returns, who greets her with the announcement of a visitor?
2. Hang discovers that who died last winter?
3. In Aunt Tam's story, what is the name of the man who was promoted to governor?
4. What is Uncle Chinh holding when Hang arrives?
5. Hang visits whose grave?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Chinh summoned her?
2. What is Hang's relationship with her male traveling companion?
3. Why does Hang move out of her mother's house?
4. Describe Hang's first visit to see Uncle Chinh in Moscow.
5. Why does Que and Aunt Tam's relationship become strained?
6. Describe the English artist's paintings.
7. How does Que treat Hang when she returns from the celebration at Aunt Tam's?
8. What is Aunt Tam's response to Mr. Duong's favor?
9. Descrive Hang's feelings toward the color purple.
10. What is the story Aunt Tam tells about an honest minister?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)