|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hang recalls an artist who was inspired by what weather phenomenon?
2. How does Que pay for Chinh's medicine and food?
(a) A second job.
(b) Borrows from Aunt Tam.
(c) Donations from neighbors.
(d) Her salary.
3. What is the person doing?
(a) Catching frogs.
(b) Cleaning laundry.
(d) Washing rice.
4. What does Hang consider the "greatest human sadness?"
5. Hang visits whose grave?
(b) Neighbor Vi's.
(c) Aunt Tam's.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hang describe the current landscape?
2. What gift does Hang buy for Madame Vera?
3. Hang goes to Aunt Tam's how many days before leaving for university?
4. The artist was originally from what country?
5. Who saw Hang off to the airport?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Chinh summoned her?
2. Describe Hang's first visit to see Uncle Chinh in Moscow.
3. What realization does Hang have while staying at her Aunt's house before a celebration for Hang's acceptance into school?
4. Describe the English artist's paintings.
5. Who is My. Duong?
6. How does Que provide for Chinh's medical care?
7. Describe the apartment Uncle Chinh has been staying at.
8. Why does Hang move out of her mother's house?
9. Is Hang's acceptance into university a cause for celebration?
10. Descrive Hang's feelings toward the color purple.
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)