|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Aunt Tam's story, what is the name of the man who was promoted to governor?
(a) Huy Nguyen.
(b) Tran Binh.
(c) Vu Ngo.
(d) Duc Pho.
2. What is Uncle Chinh holding when Hang arrives?
(a) Meat cleaver.
3. Where does Hang go after Aunt Tam's banquet for her?
(a) Back to her village.
(b) To the beach with friends.
(c) To university.
(d) On vacation.
4. What does Mr. Duong do after Aunt Tam embarrasses him?
(a) He knocks over the food.
(b) He screams at her.
(c) He destroys the altar for the incestors.
(d) He leaves.
5. Two burly men ask Hang if she has what commodity to sell?
Short Answer Questions
1. What floor does Uncle Chinh live on?
2. Hang offers what candy to her traveling companion on the train?
3. Hang hears what animal being slaughtered for her celebration?
4. This color plays an important role in Hang's childhood and is associated with what emotion?
5. What decision does Hang come to staring up into the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hang feel about Aunt Tam's village?
2. What realization does Hang have while staying at her Aunt's house before a celebration for Hang's acceptance into school?
3. What is the story Aunt Tam tells about an honest minister?
4. Describe the English artist's paintings.
5. What decision does Hang come to that night and why?
6. What is Aunt Tam's response to Mr. Duong's favor?
7. Descrive Hang's feelings toward the color purple.
8. What is the relationship between Madame Dua and Aunt Tam?
9. Who is My. Duong?
10. How does Que treat Hang when she returns from the celebration at Aunt Tam's?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)