|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The flowers are often found near what?
(b) Rotting algae.
(c) Miserable hovels.
(d) All of these.
2. Hang stays the duration of the traditional ceremonies when someone dies for what duration of time?
(a) Two years.
(b) One hundred days.
(c) One month.
(d) Two weeks.
3. What does Mr. Duong do after Aunt Tam embarrasses him?
(a) He knocks over the food.
(b) He screams at her.
(c) He destroys the altar for the incestors.
(d) He leaves.
4. Hang later associates the color with what?
(b) Her mother.
5. What is Uncle Chinh holding when Hang arrives?
(c) Meat cleaver.
Short Answer Questions
1. During her celebration, Hang escapes to a neighbor's house to do what?
2. What are the words used to describe the legacy left to Hang?
3. When Hang returns, her mother is doing what?
4. Uncle Chinh is diagnosed with what chronic disease?
5. What did Hang find among her aunt's possessions that made her aware of her aunt's unrealized dreams?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the apartment Uncle Chinh has been staying at.
2. What is the relationship between Madame Dua and Aunt Tam?
3. Who is waiting for Hang and what does he want?
4. What realization does Hang have while staying at her Aunt's house before a celebration for Hang's acceptance into school?
5. Describe Hang's first visit to see Uncle Chinh in Moscow.
6. Who is My. Duong?
7. Describe the English artist's paintings.
8. How does Que provide for Chinh's medical care?
9. Why does Que and Aunt Tam's relationship become strained?
10. What is the story Aunt Tam tells about an honest minister?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)