|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Duong do after Aunt Tam embarrasses him?
(a) He destroys the altar for the incestors.
(b) He knocks over the food.
(c) He leaves.
(d) He screams at her.
2. What is the name of the hated man whom Aunt Tam has promised not to serve?
(a) Mr. Lam.
(b) Mr. Mai.
(c) Mr. Duong.
(d) Mr. Nguyen.
3. How long after Que's accident until Hang told Uncle Chinh?
(a) Three days.
(b) One week.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One month.
4. Que buys a Japanese cloth with what pattern?
(a) Blue and white tripes.
(b) Red and gold embroidery.
(c) Green and white polka dot.
(d) Red and green plaid.
5. The flowers are often found near what?
(a) Rotting algae.
(b) All of these.
(c) Miserable hovels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aunt Tam makes what from bamboo?
2. Hang wants to sell what to get more money?
3. Mr. Duong asks Aunt Tam to help which relative of his?
4. Hang imagines her future in what setting?
5. This color plays an important role in Hang's childhood and is associated with what emotion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Hang's thoughts about separation.
2. Who is waiting for Hang and what does he want?
3. Why does Que and Aunt Tam's relationship become strained?
4. Describe Hang's nostalgia about fog.
5. What is Aunt Tam's response to Mr. Duong's favor?
6. What realization does Hang have while staying at her Aunt's house before a celebration for Hang's acceptance into school?
7. What is Hang's relationship with her male traveling companion?
8. How does Hang feel about Aunt Tam's village?
9. Why does Hang move out of her mother's house?
10. Describe the English artist's paintings.
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)