|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hang receives a new telegram when she returns. Who is dying?
(a) Uncle Chinh.
(c) Aunt Tam.
(d) Madame Dua.
2. What is Uncle Chinh's specialty dish?
(a) Roast duck.
(b) Banh mi.
(c) Pho with tripe.
(d) Blood custard.
3. The color then reminds her of what childhood memory?
(a) Ripe fruit.
(b) Silky clothes.
(c) Tin roofs.
(d) Stagnant ponds.
4. Hang left for Russia via what airport?
(a) Noi Bai.
(b) Angor Wat.
(c) Ho Chi Minh.
5. Hang offers what candy to her traveling companion on the train?
(d) Dried plums.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hang's mother do in the evenings while Hang studies?
2. Hang visits whose grave?
3. Hang goes to Aunt Tam's how many days before leaving for university?
4. What floor does Uncle Chinh live on?
5. What is Uncle Chinh holding when Hang arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What realization does Hang have while staying at her Aunt's house before a celebration for Hang's acceptance into school?
2. How does Hang feel about Aunt Tam's village?
3. Describe Hang's nostalgia about fog.
4. Describe Hang's thoughts about separation.
5. How does Que provide for Chinh's medical care?
6. What is the story Aunt Tam tells about an honest minister?
7. Who is My. Duong?
8. Is Hang's acceptance into university a cause for celebration?
9. What is Aunt Tam's response to Mr. Duong's favor?
10. Describe the English artist's paintings.
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)