|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hang consider the "greatest human sadness?"
2. What is Que's occupation since the accident?
(a) Garment worker.
(b) She runs a small snack stand.
(d) Music teacher.
3. Hang receives a new telegram when she returns. Who is dying?
(a) Uncle Chinh.
(b) Madame Dua.
(d) Aunt Tam.
4. Uncle Chinh demands what of his sister?
(a) A suitor for his daughter.
(c) American medicine.
(d) Traditional Vietnamese food.
5. When Hang returns, her mother is doing what?
(a) Combing her hair.
(b) Folding laundry.
(c) Cleaning the bathroom.
(d) Cooking in the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hang stays the duration of the traditional ceremonies when someone dies for what duration of time?
2. What color are the purple flowers around the pond?
3. What does the visitor want?
4. Hang goes to Aunt Tam's how many days before leaving for university?
5. Hang later associates the color with what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hang like duckweed flowers so much?
2. Describe Hang's nostalgia about fog.
3. What is Aunt Tam's response to Mr. Duong's favor?
4. Who is My. Duong?
5. Describe the apartment Uncle Chinh has been staying at.
6. How does Que provide for Chinh's medical care?
7. What is Hang's relationship with her male traveling companion?
8. What is the story Aunt Tam tells about an honest minister?
9. What decision does Hang come to that night and why?
10. How does Hang feel about Aunt Tam's village?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)