|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the hated man whom Aunt Tam has promised not to serve?
(a) Mr. Mai.
(b) Mr. Lam.
(c) Mr. Duong.
(d) Mr. Nguyen.
2. The artist was originally from what country?
3. How does Hang describe the current landscape?
4. Hang imagines her future in what setting?
5. Hang takes her entrance exams how long before leaving Vietnam?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Three years.
(c) One year.
(d) Six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Hang get her exit visa?
2. The visitor reminds Hang of what color of night?
3. What is Uncle Chinh's specialty dish?
4. Who is the researcher who Uncle Chinh is staying with?
5. What does Aunt Tam give Hang to celebrate passing her exams?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Hang's thoughts about separation.
2. Who is My. Duong?
3. Is Hang's acceptance into university a cause for celebration?
4. Describe Hang's first visit to see Uncle Chinh in Moscow.
5. Why does Hang move out of her mother's house?
6. What is the relationship between Madame Dua and Aunt Tam?
7. What is the story Aunt Tam tells about an honest minister?
8. Why does Hang like duckweed flowers so much?
9. How does Que provide for Chinh's medical care?
10. How does Que treat Hang when she returns from the celebration at Aunt Tam's?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)