|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hang consider the "greatest human sadness?"
2. What is the name of the hated man whom Aunt Tam has promised not to serve?
(a) Mr. Nguyen.
(b) Mr. Lam.
(c) Mr. Duong.
(d) Mr. Mai.
3. Aunt Tam says that Madame Dua's husband left because of which of her characteristics?
4. One of the guests reveals to Hang that her Uncle summoned her to Moscow to do what?
(a) Ship imported goods.
(b) Borrow money from her.
(c) Meet potential suitors.
(d) Interrogate her about Aunt Tam.
5. Hang associates the house with what?
(a) Broken dreams.
(b) Crimes of the past.
(c) Hope for the future.
(d) Family togetherness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Uncle Chinh's wife holds what position?
2. When Hang returns, her mother is doing what?
3. What does the visitor want?
4. Uncle Chinh had summoned Hang to Moscow once before to participate in what?
5. What is the name of the government housing where Uncle Chinh lives?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hang move out of her mother's house?
2. Why does Que and Aunt Tam's relationship become strained?
3. Describe the apartment Uncle Chinh has been staying at.
4. What is the relationship between Madame Dua and Aunt Tam?
5. Why does Hang like duckweed flowers so much?
6. Describe Hang's first visit to see Uncle Chinh in Moscow.
7. How does Que treat Hang when she returns from the celebration at Aunt Tam's?
8. What is the story Aunt Tam tells about an honest minister?
9. What does Hang envision for her future?
10. Describe Hang's thoughts about separation.
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)