|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Hang get her exit visa?
(a) Hang's roommate.
(b) Madame Vera.
(c) The Bohemian.
(d) Uncle Chinh.
2. What does Aunt Tam give Hang to celebrate passing her exams?
(b) All of these.
3. Hang hears what animal being slaughtered for her celebration?
4. What floor does Uncle Chinh live on?
5. Hang wants to sell what to get more money?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Hang's text books.
(c) The family home.
(d) Aunt Tam's earrings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the researcher who Uncle Chinh is staying with?
2. What are the words used to describe the legacy left to Hang?
3. The artist painting the landscapes has not returned to his homeland in how many years?
4. Mr. Duong was planning on taking the land of which party guest?
5. Two burly men ask Hang if she has what commodity to sell?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Hang's thoughts about separation.
2. What realization does Hang have while staying at her Aunt's house before a celebration for Hang's acceptance into school?
3. Describe the apartment Uncle Chinh has been staying at.
4. Why does Que and Aunt Tam's relationship become strained?
5. What is the relationship between Madame Dua and Aunt Tam?
6. Who is My. Duong?
7. Who is waiting for Hang and what does he want?
8. What does Hang envision for her future?
9. Describe the English artist's paintings.
10. How does Que treat Hang when she returns from the celebration at Aunt Tam's?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)