|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Hang buy for Madame Vera?
(c) Silk shawl.
(d) High heels.
2. What are the words used to describe the legacy left to Hang?
(d) Dark, unhappy.
3. Who is the researcher who Uncle Chinh is staying with?
(d) The Bohemian.
4. This color plays an important role in Hang's childhood and is associated with what emotion?
5. Hang recalls an artist who was inspired by what weather phenomenon?
Short Answer Questions
1. Once she arrives in Moscow, Hang goes where to meet her uncle Chinh?
2. Que buys a Japanese cloth with what pattern?
3. When Hang returns, her mother is doing what?
4. Uncle Chinh is diagnosed with what chronic disease?
5. Who saw Hang off to the airport?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is waiting for Hang and what does he want?
2. What decision does Hang come to that night and why?
3. What is Aunt Tam's response to Mr. Duong's favor?
4. Why does Hang like duckweed flowers so much?
5. How does Hang feel about Aunt Tam's village?
6. Why does Que and Aunt Tam's relationship become strained?
7. Describe Hang's thoughts about separation.
8. What is Hang's relationship with her male traveling companion?
9. Why does Hang move out of her mother's house?
10. What is the story Aunt Tam tells about an honest minister?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)