|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Duong wants Aunt Tam to teach his relative what skill?
(a) Wrapping sticky rice.
(b) Drying tea leaves.
(c) Making noodles.
(d) Silk weaving.
2. Mr. Duong was planning on taking the land of which party guest?
(a) The driver's son.
(b) The scarred woman's sister.
(c) Hang's mother.
(d) Madame Dua.
3. Uncle Chinh is diagnosed with what chronic disease?
(a) High blood pressure.
(b) Heart disease.
4. What color are the purple flowers around the pond?
5. What is Uncle Chinh's specialty dish?
(a) Blood custard.
(b) Roast duck.
(c) Banh mi.
(d) Pho with tripe.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hang returns, who greets her with the announcement of a visitor?
2. Mr. Duong asks Aunt Tam to help which relative of his?
3. Aunt Tam says that Madame Dua's husband left because of which of her characteristics?
4. What is the name of the hated man whom Aunt Tam has promised not to serve?
5. Hang associates the house with what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decision does Hang come to that night and why?
2. Who is My. Duong?
3. What is Hang's relationship with her male traveling companion?
4. How does Que provide for Chinh's medical care?
5. Describe Hang's nostalgia about fog.
6. How does Que treat Hang when she returns from the celebration at Aunt Tam's?
7. What does Hang envision for her future?
8. What is the relationship between Madame Dua and Aunt Tam?
9. Is Hang's acceptance into university a cause for celebration?
10. Why does Hang move out of her mother's house?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)