|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hang's mother do in the evenings while Hang studies?
2. Hang left for Russia via what airport?
(a) Ho Chi Minh.
(b) Noi Bai.
(d) Angor Wat.
3. Once she arrives in Moscow, Hang goes where to meet her uncle Chinh?
(b) Retirement home.
(c) Night market.
4. What does Aunt Tam give Hang to celebrate passing her exams?
(d) All of these.
5. Hang recalls an artist who was inspired by what weather phenomenon?
Short Answer Questions
1. The visitor reminds Hang of what color of night?
2. What does Mr. Duong do after Aunt Tam embarrasses him?
3. What is the person doing?
4. Who helps Hang get her exit visa?
5. Hang discovers that who died last winter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the English artist's paintings.
2. Who is waiting for Hang and what does he want?
3. Descrive Hang's feelings toward the color purple.
4. What does Hang envision for her future?
5. Why does Hang move out of her mother's house?
6. Is Hang's acceptance into university a cause for celebration?
7. What decision does Hang come to that night and why?
8. Describe the apartment Uncle Chinh has been staying at.
9. Why does Hang like duckweed flowers so much?
10. What is Aunt Tam's response to Mr. Duong's favor?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)