|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following instruments did Ton play?
2. When Que returns to the village, how is Chinh regarded?
(a) He is the most hated of all the former leaders.
(b) He is insignificant.
(c) He has been forgotten.
(d) He is revered - there is a bronze statue in his likeness.
3. Hang thinks the visit is motivated by what?
4. How does Hang describe the beauty of her first snowfall?
5. What was Hang's mother's occupation after her mother passed away?
(b) Street vendor.
(d) Factory worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. About a year later, Hang and her mother get a visitor from one of their relatives. Who is it?
2. Que's brother tells her he and his family are moving to _____.
3. How much money did Hang have left in savings at the start of the chapter?
4. How old was Hang's grandfather when he died?
5. What sound would Hang's mother hear that made her cry at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Ton received by the other villagers?
2. What does Hang think is Uncle Chinh's motivation for visiting?
3. Describe Hang's upbringing.
4. What is the significance of the song Hang's roommate plays on the record player?
5. Why does Uncle Chinh find Que a job at the Red River Food Factory?
6. Describe Hang's first meeting with Aunt Tam.
7. Why is Hang yelled out my a girl named Thu's mother?
8. What happens when a tavern is built in their neighborhood?
9. What happened to Aunt Tam during land reform?
10. What realization does Ton have about the food vendor and his half-wit wife?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)