|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does her mother live?
(a) Fountain Valley.
(c) New York City.
2. How does Tam bring Hang to the ferry?
(a) Via cyclo.
(b) On her back.
(c) By foot.
(d) On a bike.
3. Who does Tam blame for her brother's exile and death?
(a) Ton's new wife.
(d) The French.
4. About a year later, Hang and her mother get a visitor from one of their relatives. Who is it?
5. Que and Hang must walk how many miles to get to the river?
Short Answer Questions
1. Makeshift bicycle taxis are known as _____.
2. How many children does Ton have with his new wife?
3. What scares Hang inside of her grandfather's house?
4. Soon after they return, Que announces who is visiting?
5. Where does Hang's Uncle Chinh live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ton flee the village?
2. Why does Chinh scold Hang when he arrives?
3. Describe Ton and Que's meeting.
4. What happened to Aunt Tam during land reform?
5. What reminds Ton of his previous life with Que?
6. What does Chinh think of Que's occupation?
7. How does Hang feel about returning to the village with her mother?
8. Describe Madame Vera's relationship with Hang.
9. Why is Hang disturbed by seeing an old street vendor with dirty feet?
10. Why does Aunt Tam dislike Chinh?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)