|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Ton treated by the villagers?
(a) Like a family member.
(b) Like royalty.
(c) He was ignored.
(d) With contempt.
2. What major city does Que decide to move to?
3. Which of the following is not part of Hang's typical breakfast?
(a) Dried fish.
(b) Pickled cabbage.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Fried silkworms.
4. How often does Hang write Aunt Tam?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Every week.
(c) Four times a year.
(d) Every month.
5. When Hang's father leaves the village, what is the only possession he has?
(a) His sister's savings.
(b) The family jewelry.
(c) His pride.
(d) A photograph of Que.
Short Answer Questions
1. Uncle Chinh's wife is part of what organization?
2. What were these food products made from?
3. What is the traditional length of mourning?
4. What motorized transportation do Que and Hang take in order to reach the village?
5. Why are the only true citizens, according to Ton?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Uncle Chinh find Que a job at the Red River Food Factory?
2. Why does Chinh scold Hang when he arrives?
3. How does Ton win the respect of the people in his new village?
4. Describe Hang's grandfather's house.
5. How does Hang feel about the telegram?
6. What happens when a tavern is built in their neighborhood?
7. What reminds Ton of his previous life with Que?
8. What does Chinh think of Que's occupation?
9. Why does a mob come to Que's house to attack her?
10. What is the significance of the song Hang's roommate plays on the record player?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)