|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tam worked for her aunt to make what food product?
(a) Spring rolls.
(d) Vermicelli noodles.
2. How many figurines does Que buy for hang?
3. What does Ton find in the packet from his former student's parents?
(a) A bible.
(b) Gold coins.
(c) A chain.
(d) Rice cakes.
4. What minority region does Ton end up in?
5. Which of the following is not a product found in the street markets Hang describes?
(a) None of the above.
(c) Sticky rice.
(d) Crab soup.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened after Ton's mother and sister were denounced?
2. How does Tam bring Hang to the ferry?
3. Why are the only true citizens, according to Ton?
4. Hang thinks the visit is motivated by what?
5. Name one of the recipients of Aunt Tam's divided house.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does a mob come to Que's house to attack her?
2. Explain the significance of Ton's birth sign in his escape.
3. Describe Hang's grandfather's house.
4. What was a typical breakfast for Hang?
5. What does their neighbor Vi say about Chinh?
6. Describe the fate of Ton's sister and mother during this time.
7. Why has Chinh summoned her?
8. What realization does Ton have about the food vendor and his half-wit wife?
9. How is Ton received by the other villagers?
10. What is Hang's relationship with her male traveling companion?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)