|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who led the accusations against Ton's mother and sister Tam?
(a) The village leader.
(b) The pillars of land reform.
(c) Que's aunt.
(d) Uncle Chihn.
2. Que's neighbor promises to bring how many plates for the festival of Tet?
3. What sound does Hang often hear outside her home?
(a) The birds chirping.
(b) The songs of the street vendors.
(c) Farm noises.
(d) The industrial factories.
4. What kind of alcohol does Aunt Tam serve?
(a) Sticky rice liquor.
(c) Plum wine.
5. Que saves her increased profits to buy what?
(a) A tutor for Hang.
(b) New clothes.
(c) A new roof.
(d) A second market stand.
Short Answer Questions
1. A mob tries to attack Que for her relation to Chinh. Who intervenes and saves Que?
2. How old was Hang when she visited her father's house the only time?
3. Que's neighbor make che, a cake made of what?
4. Where does the cyclo driver take Ton?
5. How long does Ton's journey last?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ton win the respect of the people in his new village?
2. What reminds Ton of his previous life with Que?
3. How does Hang feel about returning to the village with her mother?
4. Why does Ton flee the village?
5. Why does Aunt Tam dislike Chinh?
6. Describe Hang's grandfather's house.
7. Explain the significance of Ton's birth sign in his escape.
8. Why is Hang disturbed by seeing an old street vendor with dirty feet?
9. How did Hang's mother react to misfortune?
10. Why does Que leave the village?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)