|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What smell competes with the aroma from the food?
(a) Agricultural byproducts.
(b) Marsh gases.
(c) Sewer and garbage stench.
(d) Industrial chemicals.
2. Who does Hang receive a telegram from?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her childhood friend.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her uncle.
3. What scares Hang inside of her grandfather's house?
(a) Portraits of ancestors.
(b) Wooden sculptures.
(c) Shadows on the wall.
(d) Dragon paintings.
4. Name one of the recipients of Aunt Tam's divided house.
5. Where did Tam live once she was evicted?
(a) A small hut.
(b) Outside of the village.
(c) With her aunt.
(d) A hostel.
Short Answer Questions
1. The job is with what company (name)?
2. What major city does Que decide to move to?
3. What does Madame Vera give to Hang?
4. What was the name of the place Hang's mother took her with green water and rocks?
5. How often does Hang write Aunt Tam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does their neighbor Vi say about Chinh?
2. Why does Uncle Chinh find Que a job at the Red River Food Factory?
3. How does Hang perceive the snow?
4. Why does Que leave the village?
5. Why does Chinh scold Hang when he arrives?
6. Describe Hang's upbringing.
7. Why does Aunt Tam dislike Chinh?
8. What happens when a tavern is built in their neighborhood?
9. What does Hang think is Uncle Chinh's motivation for visiting?
10. How does Hang feel about the telegram?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)