|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Que returns to the village, how is Chinh regarded?
(a) He is insignificant.
(b) He is revered - there is a bronze statue in his likeness.
(c) He is the most hated of all the former leaders.
(d) He has been forgotten.
2. What is Ton's birth sign?
3. How does Hang describe the beauty of her first snowfall?
4. Uncle Chinh's wife is part of what organization?
(a) Communist Youth League.
(b) Farmers Union.
(c) Bankers Guild.
(d) Republican Party.
5. Where does Hang's Uncle Chinh live?
(c) Fountain Valley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Que's neighbor make che, a cake made of what?
2. Who arrives to help celebrate Tet?
3. Que's brother tells her he and his family are moving to _____.
4. How old was Chinh when his mother died?
5. What happens after Chinh accuses Que of hurting his image and reputation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Hang yelled out my a girl named Thu's mother?
2. Explain the significance of Ton's birth sign in his escape.
3. Why does Aunt Tam dislike Chinh?
4. What happens when a tavern is built in their neighborhood?
5. What happens to Que's plan to build a new roof for their hut?
6. What happened to Aunt Tam during land reform?
7. Why does Uncle Chinh find Que a job at the Red River Food Factory?
8. What does their neighbor Vi say about Chinh?
9. What realization does Hang have while staying at her Aunt's house before a celebration for Hang's acceptance into school?
10. What is the relationship between Madame Dua and Aunt Tam?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)