|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the only true citizens, according to Ton?
(a) Scholars and soldiers.
(b) Proletariats and peasantry.
(c) Soldiers and peasantry.
(d) Proletarians and scholars.
2. Who are Que and Hang greeted by when they visit Aunt Tam?
(a) Mister Huy.
(b) Madame Vu.
(c) Madame Dua.
(d) Mister Huong.
3. How does Hang describe the beauty of her first snowfall?
4. What was Hang's mother's occupation after her mother passed away?
(b) Factory worker.
(c) Street vendor.
5. Que reveals she used to work where?
(b) Garment factory.
(d) Traveling bazaar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound does Hang often hear outside her home?
2. How does Tam bring Hang to the ferry?
3. What does Hang see outside the train that reminds her of her family?
4. Who does the white dog belong to?
5. Hang and a troublemaker named Thu get in trouble by Thu's mother for playing at which river?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Que finally tell Hang about her father?
2. Why does Chinh scold Hang when he arrives?
3. Describe the fate of Ton's sister and mother during this time.
4. Why does Aunt Tam dislike Chinh?
5. What happens to Que's plan to build a new roof for their hut?
6. Why does Que leave the village?
7. Why does Ton flee the village?
8. What realization does Ton have about the food vendor and his half-wit wife?
9. What does Hang think is Uncle Chinh's motivation for visiting?
10. What does their neighbor Vi say about Chinh?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)