|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Hang's grandfather when he died?
2. Que's brother tells her he and his family are moving to _____.
3. Ton goes to an old colleague whose family owns what kind of business?
(a) Fish sauce.
(b) Rice farming.
4. Makeshift bicycle taxis are known as _____.
(d) Tuk tuks.
5. What role has Chinh been promoted to?
(a) Work Czar.
(b) Top Security Officer.
(c) Director or Education.
(d) Chief of the Land Reform Section.
Short Answer Questions
1. During land reform, Aunt Tam's home was divided into how many pieces?
2. Tam gets her home and rice paddies back when she is reclassified as what?
3. What is the name of Que's neighbor and confidante?
4. What is the occupation of the surprise visitor?
5. How does Hang describe the beauty of her first snowfall?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hang feel about the telegram?
2. How does Hang perceive the snow?
3. What is the significance of the song Hang's roommate plays on the record player?
4. What happens when a tavern is built in their neighborhood?
5. Why does Ton flee the village?
6. Why does Chinh scold Hang when he arrives?
7. What does their neighbor Vi say about Chinh?
8. According to Chinh, why is Ton's family considered an enemy of the country?
9. What realization does Ton have about the food vendor and his half-wit wife?
10. Describe Hang's upbringing.
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)