|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hang's father leaves the village, what is the only possession he has?
(a) The family jewelry.
(b) A photograph of Que.
(c) His pride.
(d) His sister's savings.
2. Before the revolution, what was the main source of labor in the village?
(a) Raising cattle.
(b) Selling vegetables at the market.
(c) Working in rice paddies.
(d) Silk production.
3. How does Hang describe the beauty of her first snowfall?
4. How many children does Ton have with his new wife?
(a) One son, one daughter.
(b) One daughter.
(c) Two sons.
(d) One son.
5. Hang and a troublemaker named Thu get in trouble by Thu's mother for playing at which river?
(d) Nhat Le.
Short Answer Questions
1. Que's brother tells her he and his family are moving to _____.
2. When Hang returns to the village with her mom, she collects what fruit on her first day?
3. Why are the only true citizens, according to Ton?
4. How did Ton die?
5. Tam worked for her aunt to make what food product?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Que leave the village?
2. How does Ton win the respect of the people in his new village?
3. What was a typical breakfast for Hang?
4. Why is Hang yelled out my a girl named Thu's mother?
5. What does Chinh think of Que's occupation?
6. What happened to Aunt Tam during land reform?
7. Describe Hang's grandfather's house.
8. Why is Hang disturbed by seeing an old street vendor with dirty feet?
9. Describe Ton and Que's meeting.
10. Describe Hang's first meeting with Aunt Tam.
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)