|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tam bring Hang to the ferry?
(a) On a bike.
(b) On her back.
(c) By foot.
(d) Via cyclo.
2. What was the name of the place Hang's mother took her with green water and rocks?
(a) Eternity Beach.
(b) Yellow River.
(c) Along Bay.
(d) Mystic Lake.
3. Which of the following is not a product found in the street markets Hang describes?
(a) Crab soup.
(b) Sticky rice.
(d) None of the above.
4. What was Hang's mother's occupation after her mother passed away?
(a) Factory worker.
(d) Street vendor.
5. Where does her mother live?
(b) New York City.
(d) Fountain Valley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hang is reminded of a traumatic experience when her friend took her to what Eastern European city?
2. Tam asks Hang to write how frequently?
3. On the train, Hang is jolted from her memories by what?
4. What kind of alcohol does Aunt Tam serve?
5. Hang is born how many years after Que leaves her village?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Hang's mother react to misfortune?
2. Why does Ton flee the village?
3. Why does Uncle Chinh find Que a job at the Red River Food Factory?
4. Why does Que leave the village?
5. What does Chinh think of Que's occupation?
6. Why is Hang yelled out my a girl named Thu's mother?
7. Why does Aunt Tam dislike Chinh?
8. How does Hang feel about returning to the village with her mother?
9. Why does Que finally tell Hang about her father?
10. Explain the significance of Ton's birth sign in his escape.
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)