|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Chinh when his mother died?
2. How much money did Hang have left in savings at the start of the chapter?
(a) Eight hundred rubles.
(b) Four hundred fifty rubles.
(c) One hundred rubles.
(d) Twenty rubles.
3. Why are the only true citizens, according to Ton?
(a) Soldiers and peasantry.
(b) Proletarians and scholars.
(c) Proletariats and peasantry.
(d) Scholars and soldiers.
4. What does Ton find in the packet from his former student's parents?
(a) Rice cakes.
(b) Gold coins.
(c) A bible.
(d) A chain.
5. What is the occupation of the surprise visitor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What minority region does Ton end up in?
2. What present does Tam give to Hang before they depart on the ferry?
3. What kind of alcohol does Aunt Tam serve?
4. Ton goes to an old colleague whose family owns what kind of business?
5. Tam advises Hang to honor who?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the significance of Ton's birth sign in his escape.
2. How does Hang feel about the telegram?
3. Why does Ton flee the village?
4. What happens when a tavern is built in their neighborhood?
5. Why does Que leave the village?
6. Why does Aunt Tam dislike Chinh?
7. According to Chinh, why is Ton's family considered an enemy of the country?
8. What happened to Aunt Tam during land reform?
9. Why does Que leave the village?
10. How does Hang feel about returning to the village with her mother?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)