|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision does Hang come to staring up into the night?
(a) She is going to sell the house.
(b) She is going to disown her mother.
(c) She is going to move back to Hanoi.
(d) She is going to marry the Bohemian.
2. What gift does Hang buy for Madame Vera?
(a) High heels.
(d) Silk shawl.
3. Hang stays the duration of the traditional ceremonies when someone dies for what duration of time?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One hundred days.
(c) Two years.
(d) One month.
4. What did Hang find among her aunt's possessions that made her aware of her aunt's unrealized dreams?
(a) Wedding dresses.
(b) Baby clothes.
(c) A diary.
(d) An itinerary.
5. Hang visits whose grave?
(a) Aunt Tam's.
(c) Neighbor Vi's.
6. Hang takes her entrance exams how long before leaving Vietnam?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One year.
(c) Three years.
(d) Six months.
7. The color then reminds her of what childhood memory?
(a) Silky clothes.
(b) Tin roofs.
(c) Stagnant ponds.
(d) Ripe fruit.
8. What does Hang consider the "greatest human sadness?"
9. One of the guests reveals to Hang that her Uncle summoned her to Moscow to do what?
(a) Ship imported goods.
(b) Interrogate her about Aunt Tam.
(c) Meet potential suitors.
(d) Borrow money from her.
10. In Aunt Tam's story, what is the name of the man who was promoted to governor?
(a) Vu Ngo.
(b) Huy Nguyen.
(c) Tran Binh.
(d) Duc Pho.
11. Hang left for Russia via what airport?
(a) Angor Wat.
(c) Noi Bai.
(d) Ho Chi Minh.
12. What is the name of the government housing where Uncle Chinh lives?
(a) Little Saigon.
(b) Northeast Compound.
(c) Resident K.
(d) PS 140.
13. Uncle Chinh had summoned Hang to Moscow once before to participate in what?
(a) Smuggling imported goods.
(b) Get rick quick scheme.
(c) Harvest festival.
(d) Honoring Que.
14. The artist painting the landscapes has not returned to his homeland in how many years?
15. What floor does Uncle Chinh live on?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the researcher who Uncle Chinh is staying with?
2. The artist was originally from what country?
3. What are the words used to describe the legacy left to Hang?
4. Where does Hang go after Aunt Tam's banquet for her?
5. What is Uncle Chinh holding when Hang arrives?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)