|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hang hears what animal being slaughtered for her celebration?
2. Hang takes her entrance exams how long before leaving Vietnam?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Six months.
(c) Three years.
(d) One year.
3. Hang later associates the color with what?
(a) Her mother.
4. Who helps Hang get her exit visa?
(a) The Bohemian.
(b) Madame Vera.
(c) Hang's roommate.
(d) Uncle Chinh.
5. Uncle Chinh demands what of his sister?
(a) Traditional Vietnamese food.
(c) American medicine.
(d) A suitor for his daughter.
6. What does Aunt Tam give Hang to celebrate passing her exams?
(d) All of these.
7. How does Hang describe the current landscape?
8. Which of Chinh's guests did Hang meet at the university?
(d) The Bohemian.
9. Once she arrives in Moscow, Hang goes where to meet her uncle Chinh?
(c) Night market.
(d) Retirement home.
10. The flowers are often found near what?
(a) All of these.
(b) Miserable hovels.
(c) Rotting algae.
11. What is Uncle Chinh holding when Hang arrives?
(c) Meat cleaver.
12. Hang remembers following her mother to a village outside and seeing who by large pond?
(a) A young wife.
(b) An old woman.
(c) An elderly teacher.
(d) A little boy.
13. Hang left for Russia via what airport?
(b) Noi Bai.
(c) Ho Chi Minh.
(d) Angor Wat.
14. What is Hang's transportation to her Aunt Tam's house?
(b) Yamaha motorbike.
(c) Horse wagon.
(d) Honda car.
15. What color are the purple flowers around the pond?
Short Answer Questions
1. Hang associates the house with what?
2. What does Hang's mother do in the evenings while Hang studies?
3. What is Que's occupation since the accident?
4. Aunt Tam prepares which of Hang's favorite foods?
5. The color then reminds her of what childhood memory?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)