|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fruit does Hang's traveling companion offer her?
2. Who is the researcher who Uncle Chinh is staying with?
(c) The Bohemian.
3. What is the name of the hated man whom Aunt Tam has promised not to serve?
(a) Mr. Mai.
(b) Mr. Lam.
(c) Mr. Duong.
(d) Mr. Nguyen.
4. Uncle Chinh confides that he can only trust who?
(b) Young students.
(c) Other Vietnamese.
(d) No one.
5. Mr. Duong was planning on taking the land of which party guest?
(a) Hang's mother.
(b) Madame Dua.
(c) The scarred woman's sister.
(d) The driver's son.
6. What is the person doing?
(a) Catching frogs.
(c) Cleaning laundry.
(d) Washing rice.
7. What does Aunt Tam give Hang to celebrate passing her exams?
(b) All of these.
8. Hang recalls an artist who was inspired by what weather phenomenon?
9. Hang imagines her future in what setting?
10. The pond is filled with what kind of duckweed?
11. What does the visitor want?
(a) To ask for her hand in marriage.
(b) To sell noodles.
(c) To make a loan.
(d) To buy gold.
12. On the train in Russia, Hang's traveling companion does what?
(a) Steals her money.
(b) Offers her breakfast.
(c) Borrows her book.
(d) Wakes her up.
13. The color then reminds her of what childhood memory?
(a) Silky clothes.
(b) Ripe fruit.
(c) Stagnant ponds.
(d) Tin roofs.
14. Hang left for Russia via what airport?
(b) Ho Chi Minh.
(c) Noi Bai.
(d) Angor Wat.
15. The visitor reminds Hang of what color of night?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Duong do after Aunt Tam embarrasses him?
2. What floor does Uncle Chinh live on?
3. The artist painting the landscapes has not returned to his homeland in how many years?
4. Hang receives a new telegram when she returns. Who is dying?
5. Uncle Chinh is diagnosed with what chronic disease?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)