|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aunt Tam prepares which of Hang's favorite foods?
(a) Crab egg soup.
(b) Shark fins.
(c) Sweet bean paste buns.
(d) Sticky rice dumplings.
2. Who is the researcher who Uncle Chinh is staying with?
(a) The Bohemian.
3. Hang takes her entrance exams how long before leaving Vietnam?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Three years.
4. What does Mr. Duong do after Aunt Tam embarrasses him?
(a) He knocks over the food.
(b) He screams at her.
(c) He leaves.
(d) He destroys the altar for the incestors.
5. The artist was originally from what country?
6. Where does Hang go after Aunt Tam's banquet for her?
(a) To university.
(b) To the beach with friends.
(c) On vacation.
(d) Back to her village.
7. In Aunt Tam's story, what is the name of the man who was promoted to governor?
(a) Vu Ngo.
(b) Huy Nguyen.
(c) Tran Binh.
(d) Duc Pho.
8. What fruit does Hang's traveling companion offer her?
9. The visitor reminds Hang of what color of night?
10. Which of Chinh's guests did Hang meet at the university?
(b) The Bohemian.
11. Hang imagines her future in what setting?
12. What is the name of the hated man whom Aunt Tam has promised not to serve?
(a) Mr. Lam.
(b) Mr. Mai.
(c) Mr. Duong.
(d) Mr. Nguyen.
13. The color then reminds her of what childhood memory?
(a) Silky clothes.
(b) Stagnant ponds.
(c) Tin roofs.
(d) Ripe fruit.
14. Hang receives a new telegram when she returns. Who is dying?
(a) Madame Dua.
(b) Uncle Chinh.
(d) Aunt Tam.
15. Mr. Duong asks Aunt Tam to help which relative of his?
(a) Oldest daughter.
(d) Youngest son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the government housing where Uncle Chinh lives?
2. When Hang returns, who greets her with the announcement of a visitor?
3. What is the person doing?
4. Two burly men ask Hang if she has what commodity to sell?
5. Hang recalls an artist who was inspired by what weather phenomenon?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)