|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hang later associates the color with what?
(d) Her mother.
2. What does the visitor want?
(a) To sell noodles.
(b) To buy gold.
(c) To make a loan.
(d) To ask for her hand in marriage.
3. What is the name of the government housing where Uncle Chinh lives?
(a) Northeast Compound.
(b) Little Saigon.
(c) PS 140.
(d) Resident K.
4. What color are the purple flowers around the pond?
5. Hang goes to Aunt Tam's how many days before leaving for university?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Ten days.
(d) One month.
6. Hang offers what candy to her traveling companion on the train?
(a) Dried plums.
7. Hang visits whose grave?
(b) Aunt Tam's.
(c) Neighbor Vi's.
8. When Hang returns, who greets her with the announcement of a visitor?
(b) Neighbor Vi.
(c) The scarred woman.
(d) Madame Dua.
9. How many stops until Russia at this point in the story?
10. What is the name of the hated man whom Aunt Tam has promised not to serve?
(a) Mr. Mai.
(b) Mr. Lam.
(c) Mr. Nguyen.
(d) Mr. Duong.
11. Mr. Duong asks Aunt Tam to help which relative of his?
(a) Youngest son.
(b) Oldest daughter.
12. What is Hang's transportation to her Aunt Tam's house?
(a) Honda car.
(b) Yamaha motorbike.
(d) Horse wagon.
13. Uncle Chinh confides that he can only trust who?
(a) Young students.
(c) No one.
(d) Other Vietnamese.
14. In Aunt Tam's story, what is the name of the man who was promoted to governor?
(a) Duc Pho.
(b) Huy Nguyen.
(c) Tran Binh.
(d) Vu Ngo.
15. One of the guests reveals to Hang that her Uncle summoned her to Moscow to do what?
(a) Borrow money from her.
(b) Meet potential suitors.
(c) Interrogate her about Aunt Tam.
(d) Ship imported goods.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the train in Russia, Hang's traveling companion does what?
2. What floor does Uncle Chinh live on?
3. Hang wants to sell what to get more money?
4. What is Uncle Chinh holding when Hang arrives?
5. During her celebration, Hang escapes to a neighbor's house to do what?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)