|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the visitor want?
(a) To buy gold.
(b) To make a loan.
(c) To sell noodles.
(d) To ask for her hand in marriage.
2. This color plays an important role in Hang's childhood and is associated with what emotion?
3. Hang takes her entrance exams how long before leaving Vietnam?
(a) Six months.
(b) One year.
(c) Three years.
(d) Two weeks.
4. What is the name of the hated man whom Aunt Tam has promised not to serve?
(a) Mr. Mai.
(b) Mr. Lam.
(c) Mr. Duong.
(d) Mr. Nguyen.
5. Who helps Hang get her exit visa?
(a) Uncle Chinh.
(b) The Bohemian.
(c) Madame Vera.
(d) Hang's roommate.
6. Hang remembers following her mother to a village outside and seeing who by large pond?
(a) A little boy.
(b) An elderly teacher.
(c) A young wife.
(d) An old woman.
7. What color are the purple flowers around the pond?
8. Hang left for Russia via what airport?
(b) Ho Chi Minh.
(c) Angor Wat.
(d) Noi Bai.
9. Hang discovers that who died last winter?
(a) Neighbor Vi.
(b) The cripple.
(c) Madame Dua.
(d) Fuzzy White.
10. How long after Que's accident until Hang told Uncle Chinh?
(a) Three days.
(b) One week.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One month.
11. Hang goes to Aunt Tam's how many days before leaving for university?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Ten days.
(c) One month.
(d) Three days.
12. Uncle Chinh's wife holds what position?
(a) Sous chef.
(b) Dean of Philosophy Department.
(c) Police officer.
13. When Hang returns, her mother is doing what?
(a) Cooking in the kitchen.
(b) Combing her hair.
(c) Cleaning the bathroom.
(d) Folding laundry.
14. Hang wants to sell what to get more money?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Aunt Tam's earrings.
(c) Hang's text books.
(d) The family home.
15. Mr. Duong asks Aunt Tam to help which relative of his?
(a) Oldest daughter.
(c) Youngest son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Que buys a Japanese cloth with what pattern?
2. Hang hears what animal being slaughtered for her celebration?
3. Uncle Chinh confides that he can only trust who?
4. Hang associates the house with what?
5. The color then reminds her of what childhood memory?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)