|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the hated man whom Aunt Tam has promised not to serve?
(a) Mr. Nguyen.
(b) Mr. Duong.
(c) Mr. Mai.
(d) Mr. Lam.
2. Uncle Chinh's wife holds what position?
(a) Sous chef.
(b) Police officer.
(c) Dean of Philosophy Department.
3. How many stops until Russia at this point in the story?
4. Uncle Chinh had summoned Hang to Moscow once before to participate in what?
(a) Harvest festival.
(b) Smuggling imported goods.
(c) Get rick quick scheme.
(d) Honoring Que.
5. Hang offers what candy to her traveling companion on the train?
(b) Dried plums.
6. Hang associates the house with what?
(a) Hope for the future.
(b) Crimes of the past.
(c) Family togetherness.
(d) Broken dreams.
7. What is the name of the government housing where Uncle Chinh lives?
(a) Resident K.
(b) Northeast Compound.
(c) Little Saigon.
(d) PS 140.
8. Who helps Hang get her exit visa?
(a) Uncle Chinh.
(b) The Bohemian.
(c) Hang's roommate.
(d) Madame Vera.
9. What are the words used to describe the legacy left to Hang?
(d) Dark, unhappy.
10. How long after Que's accident until Hang told Uncle Chinh?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
11. Mr. Duong was planning on taking the land of which party guest?
(a) The scarred woman's sister.
(b) The driver's son.
(c) Hang's mother.
(d) Madame Dua.
12. Hang left for Russia via what airport?
(a) Noi Bai.
(b) Ho Chi Minh.
(d) Angor Wat.
13. During her celebration, Hang escapes to a neighbor's house to do what?
14. The flowers are often found near what?
(b) Rotting algae.
(c) Miserable hovels.
(d) All of these.
15. The pond is filled with what kind of duckweed?
Short Answer Questions
1. The visitor reminds Hang of what color of night?
2. Two burly men ask Hang if she has what commodity to sell?
3. Uncle Chinh confides that he can only trust who?
4. Mr. Duong wants Aunt Tam to teach his relative what skill?
5. Que buys a Japanese cloth with what pattern?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)