|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hang imagines her future in what setting?
2. What is Hang's transportation to her Aunt Tam's house?
(b) Yamaha motorbike.
(c) Horse wagon.
(d) Honda car.
3. Uncle Chinh demands what of his sister?
(a) American medicine.
(c) A suitor for his daughter.
(d) Traditional Vietnamese food.
4. Once she arrives in Moscow, Hang goes where to meet her uncle Chinh?
(a) Retirement home.
(d) Night market.
5. What are the words used to describe the legacy left to Hang?
(c) Dark, unhappy.
6. What does the visitor want?
(a) To ask for her hand in marriage.
(b) To make a loan.
(c) To buy gold.
(d) To sell noodles.
7. What decision does Hang come to staring up into the night?
(a) She is going to sell the house.
(b) She is going to marry the Bohemian.
(c) She is going to disown her mother.
(d) She is going to move back to Hanoi.
8. Hang left for Russia via what airport?
(a) Noi Bai.
(b) Angor Wat.
(c) Ho Chi Minh.
9. Two burly men ask Hang if she has what commodity to sell?
10. The visitor reminds Hang of what color of night?
11. Hang associates the house with what?
(a) Crimes of the past.
(b) Broken dreams.
(c) Family togetherness.
(d) Hope for the future.
12. Which of Chinh's guests did Hang meet at the university?
(d) The Bohemian.
13. What is the name of the hated man whom Aunt Tam has promised not to serve?
(a) Mr. Nguyen.
(b) Mr. Mai.
(c) Mr. Lam.
(d) Mr. Duong.
14. Aunt Tam makes what from bamboo?
15. The color then reminds her of what childhood memory?
(a) Tin roofs.
(b) Silky clothes.
(c) Stagnant ponds.
(d) Ripe fruit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aunt Tam prepares which of Hang's favorite foods?
2. Uncle Chinh had summoned Hang to Moscow once before to participate in what?
3. Hang wants to sell what to get more money?
4. What is Uncle Chinh's specialty dish?
5. Hang recalls an artist who was inspired by what weather phenomenon?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)