|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the hated man whom Aunt Tam has promised not to serve?
(a) Mr. Lam.
(b) Mr. Nguyen.
(c) Mr. Mai.
(d) Mr. Duong.
2. Hang wants to sell what to get more money?
(a) Her hair.
(b) The family home.
(c) Hang's text books.
(d) Aunt Tam's earrings.
3. What is Uncle Chinh's specialty dish?
(a) Blood custard.
(b) Roast duck.
(c) Pho with tripe.
(d) Banh mi.
4. Who helps Hang get her exit visa?
(a) Hang's roommate.
(b) Madame Vera.
(c) The Bohemian.
(d) Uncle Chinh.
5. Hang visits whose grave?
(b) Aunt Tam's.
(d) Neighbor Vi's.
6. How many stops until Russia at this point in the story?
7. Mr. Duong was planning on taking the land of which party guest?
(a) The scarred woman's sister.
(b) The driver's son.
(c) Madame Dua.
(d) Hang's mother.
8. What is Hang's transportation to her Aunt Tam's house?
(a) Honda car.
(c) Yamaha motorbike.
(d) Horse wagon.
9. Hang imagines her future in what setting?
10. Who is the researcher who Uncle Chinh is staying with?
(d) The Bohemian.
11. Aunt Tam says that Madame Dua's husband left because of which of her characteristics?
12. Once she arrives in Moscow, Hang goes where to meet her uncle Chinh?
(c) Night market.
(d) Retirement home.
13. Hang recalls an artist who was inspired by what weather phenomenon?
14. The artist was originally from what country?
15. Hang left for Russia via what airport?
(a) Angor Wat.
(b) Noi Bai.
(d) Ho Chi Minh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hang takes her entrance exams how long before leaving Vietnam?
2. The flowers are often found near what?
3. The color then reminds her of what childhood memory?
4. Hang discovers that her mother was in a car accident with what consequence?
5. Uncle Chinh is diagnosed with what chronic disease?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)