|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the researcher who Uncle Chinh is staying with?
(a) The Bohemian.
2. Hang goes to Aunt Tam's how many days before leaving for university?
(a) Three days.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One month.
3. What floor does Uncle Chinh live on?
4. Hang discovers that her mother was in a car accident with what consequence?
(a) She is depressed.
(b) Her face and arms are burned.
(c) She is blind.
(d) Her leg is amputated.
5. Uncle Chinh's wife holds what position?
(a) Sous chef.
(b) Police officer.
(d) Dean of Philosophy Department.
6. Hang receives a new telegram when she returns. Who is dying?
(a) Uncle Chinh.
(b) Aunt Tam.
(c) Madame Dua.
7. Hang left for Russia via what airport?
(a) Ho Chi Minh.
(b) Noi Bai.
(d) Angor Wat.
8. What is Hang's transportation to her Aunt Tam's house?
(a) Yamaha motorbike.
(b) Honda car.
(c) Horse wagon.
9. Uncle Chinh confides that he can only trust who?
(b) Young students.
(c) Other Vietnamese.
(d) No one.
10. What is Uncle Chinh's specialty dish?
(a) Banh mi.
(b) Roast duck.
(c) Blood custard.
(d) Pho with tripe.
11. What does Hang's mother do in the evenings while Hang studies?
12. Hang takes her entrance exams how long before leaving Vietnam?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One year.
(c) Three years.
(d) Six months.
13. The pond is filled with what kind of duckweed?
14. Hang stays the duration of the traditional ceremonies when someone dies for what duration of time?
(a) One month.
(b) One hundred days.
(c) Two years.
(d) Two weeks.
15. The flowers are often found near what?
(b) Miserable hovels.
(c) All of these.
(d) Rotting algae.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the visitor want?
2. Hang associates the house with what?
3. Hang visits whose grave?
4. Hang recalls an artist who was inspired by what weather phenomenon?
5. What color are the purple flowers around the pond?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)