|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hang associates the house with what?
(a) Crimes of the past.
(b) Family togetherness.
(c) Broken dreams.
(d) Hope for the future.
2. What does the visitor want?
(a) To sell noodles.
(b) To ask for her hand in marriage.
(c) To make a loan.
(d) To buy gold.
3. The flowers are often found near what?
(a) Rotting algae.
(b) All of these.
(d) Miserable hovels.
4. How does Hang describe the current landscape?
5. What floor does Uncle Chinh live on?
6. Hang discovers that who died last winter?
(a) Neighbor Vi.
(b) Madame Dua.
(c) Fuzzy White.
(d) The cripple.
7. Uncle Chinh demands what of his sister?
(a) American medicine.
(c) A suitor for his daughter.
(d) Traditional Vietnamese food.
8. Once she arrives in Moscow, Hang goes where to meet her uncle Chinh?
(a) Night market.
(b) Retirement home.
9. Hang recalls an artist who was inspired by what weather phenomenon?
10. Hang later associates the color with what?
(b) Her mother.
11. The visitor reminds Hang of what color of night?
12. What does Hang consider the "greatest human sadness?"
13. Hang stays the duration of the traditional ceremonies when someone dies for what duration of time?
(a) One hundred days.
(b) Two years.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One month.
14. What decision does Hang come to staring up into the night?
(a) She is going to move back to Hanoi.
(b) She is going to sell the house.
(c) She is going to disown her mother.
(d) She is going to marry the Bohemian.
15. Where does Hang go after Aunt Tam's banquet for her?
(a) To university.
(b) Back to her village.
(c) To the beach with friends.
(d) On vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Uncle Chinh is diagnosed with what chronic disease?
2. Aunt Tam prepares which of Hang's favorite foods?
3. What is Uncle Chinh's specialty dish?
4. How many stops until Russia at this point in the story?
5. What is Hang's transportation to her Aunt Tam's house?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)