|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who saw Hang off to the airport?
(b) Uncle Chinh.
(c) No one.
(d) Aunt Tam.
2. Hang wants to sell what to get more money?
(a) Hang's text books.
(b) The family home.
(c) Aunt Tam's earrings.
(d) Her hair.
3. Hang discovers that who died last winter?
(a) Madame Dua.
(b) The cripple.
(c) Neighbor Vi.
(d) Fuzzy White.
4. This color plays an important role in Hang's childhood and is associated with what emotion?
5. What is Que's occupation since the accident?
(a) She runs a small snack stand.
(c) Music teacher.
(d) Garment worker.
6. Where does Hang go after Aunt Tam's banquet for her?
(a) To university.
(b) Back to her village.
(c) To the beach with friends.
(d) On vacation.
7. What does Hang use to warm herself on the train?
(a) Madame Vera's shawl.
(b) A blanket.
(c) Her companion's jacket.
8. Uncle Chinh had summoned Hang to Moscow once before to participate in what?
(a) Honoring Que.
(b) Get rick quick scheme.
(c) Smuggling imported goods.
(d) Harvest festival.
9. What did Hang find among her aunt's possessions that made her aware of her aunt's unrealized dreams?
(a) Baby clothes.
(b) A diary.
(c) An itinerary.
(d) Wedding dresses.
10. Once she arrives in Moscow, Hang goes where to meet her uncle Chinh?
(b) Retirement home.
(c) Night market.
11. Uncle Chinh demands what of his sister?
(a) American medicine.
(b) A suitor for his daughter.
(d) Traditional Vietnamese food.
12. What does Hang consider the "greatest human sadness?"
13. What does the visitor want?
(a) To sell noodles.
(b) To buy gold.
(c) To ask for her hand in marriage.
(d) To make a loan.
14. Mr. Duong wants Aunt Tam to teach his relative what skill?
(a) Wrapping sticky rice.
(b) Making noodles.
(c) Drying tea leaves.
(d) Silk weaving.
15. What is Uncle Chinh's specialty dish?
(a) Banh mi.
(b) Roast duck.
(c) Pho with tripe.
(d) Blood custard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hang discovers that her mother was in a car accident with what consequence?
2. Aunt Tam says that Madame Dua's husband left because of which of her characteristics?
3. Uncle Chinh is diagnosed with what chronic disease?
4. Uncle Chinh confides that he can only trust who?
5. What are the words used to describe the legacy left to Hang?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)