|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the hated man whom Aunt Tam has promised not to serve?
(a) Mr. Nguyen.
(b) Mr. Mai.
(c) Mr. Lam.
(d) Mr. Duong.
2. What does Hang's mother do in the evenings while Hang studies?
3. What does Hang use to warm herself on the train?
(a) Her companion's jacket.
(b) Madame Vera's shawl.
(c) A blanket.
4. Hang wants to sell what to get more money?
(a) Hang's text books.
(b) The family home.
(c) Aunt Tam's earrings.
(d) Her hair.
5. The artist painting the landscapes has not returned to his homeland in how many years?
6. In Aunt Tam's story, what is the name of the man who was promoted to governor?
(a) Vu Ngo.
(b) Huy Nguyen.
(c) Duc Pho.
(d) Tran Binh.
7. Hang discovers that who died last winter?
(a) Neighbor Vi.
(b) Fuzzy White.
(c) Madame Dua.
(d) The cripple.
8. Uncle Chinh's wife holds what position?
(b) Dean of Philosophy Department.
(c) Sous chef.
(d) Police officer.
9. What fruit does Hang's traveling companion offer her?
10. The artist was originally from what country?
11. What does Hang consider the "greatest human sadness?"
12. What decision does Hang come to staring up into the night?
(a) She is going to disown her mother.
(b) She is going to sell the house.
(c) She is going to move back to Hanoi.
(d) She is going to marry the Bohemian.
13. The visitor reminds Hang of what color of night?
14. During her celebration, Hang escapes to a neighbor's house to do what?
15. Mr. Duong asks Aunt Tam to help which relative of his?
(a) Youngest son.
(c) Oldest daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hang visits whose grave?
2. Uncle Chinh demands what of his sister?
3. Hang recalls an artist who was inspired by what weather phenomenon?
4. What gift does Hang buy for Madame Vera?
5. How many stops until Russia at this point in the story?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)