|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hang receives a new telegram when she returns. Who is dying?
(b) Aunt Tam.
(c) Uncle Chinh.
(d) Madame Dua.
2. What did Hang find among her aunt's possessions that made her aware of her aunt's unrealized dreams?
(a) Wedding dresses.
(b) A diary.
(c) Baby clothes.
(d) An itinerary.
3. Uncle Chinh demands what of his sister?
(a) Traditional Vietnamese food.
(b) American medicine.
(c) A suitor for his daughter.
4. What is Hang's transportation to her Aunt Tam's house?
(a) Honda car.
(b) Yamaha motorbike.
(d) Horse wagon.
5. Hang remembers following her mother to a village outside and seeing who by large pond?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A little boy.
(c) A young wife.
(d) An elderly teacher.
6. What does Aunt Tam give Hang to celebrate passing her exams?
(a) All of these.
7. What color are the purple flowers around the pond?
8. Mr. Duong wants Aunt Tam to teach his relative what skill?
(a) Silk weaving.
(b) Wrapping sticky rice.
(c) Drying tea leaves.
(d) Making noodles.
9. Aunt Tam prepares which of Hang's favorite foods?
(a) Crab egg soup.
(b) Sticky rice dumplings.
(c) Sweet bean paste buns.
(d) Shark fins.
10. The pond is filled with what kind of duckweed?
11. Aunt Tam says that Madame Dua's husband left because of which of her characteristics?
12. Uncle Chinh's wife holds what position?
(a) Police officer.
(c) Dean of Philosophy Department.
(d) Sous chef.
13. One of the guests reveals to Hang that her Uncle summoned her to Moscow to do what?
(a) Ship imported goods.
(b) Meet potential suitors.
(c) Borrow money from her.
(d) Interrogate her about Aunt Tam.
14. Hang left for Russia via what airport?
(a) Angor Wat.
(b) Noi Bai.
(c) Ho Chi Minh.
15. When Hang returns, her mother is doing what?
(a) Combing her hair.
(b) Cleaning the bathroom.
(c) Cooking in the kitchen.
(d) Folding laundry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hang hears what animal being slaughtered for her celebration?
2. How does Que pay for Chinh's medicine and food?
3. What decision does Hang come to staring up into the night?
4. What are the words used to describe the legacy left to Hang?
5. What is Uncle Chinh holding when Hang arrives?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)