|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hang receives a new telegram when she returns. Who is dying?
(a) Madame Dua.
(b) Uncle Chinh.
(d) Aunt Tam.
2. What floor does Uncle Chinh live on?
3. Hang associates the house with what?
(a) Hope for the future.
(b) Family togetherness.
(c) Broken dreams.
(d) Crimes of the past.
4. How does Que pay for Chinh's medicine and food?
(a) A second job.
(b) Borrows from Aunt Tam.
(c) Donations from neighbors.
(d) Her salary.
5. How long after Que's accident until Hang told Uncle Chinh?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One month.
(c) Three days.
(d) One week.
6. This color plays an important role in Hang's childhood and is associated with what emotion?
7. What fruit does Hang's traveling companion offer her?
8. Uncle Chinh demands what of his sister?
(b) American medicine.
(c) Traditional Vietnamese food.
(d) A suitor for his daughter.
9. What are the words used to describe the legacy left to Hang?
(d) Dark, unhappy.
10. The pond is filled with what kind of duckweed?
11. What did Hang find among her aunt's possessions that made her aware of her aunt's unrealized dreams?
(a) A diary.
(b) Wedding dresses.
(c) Baby clothes.
(d) An itinerary.
12. Two burly men ask Hang if she has what commodity to sell?
13. When Hang returns, who greets her with the announcement of a visitor?
(a) The scarred woman.
(b) Madame Dua.
(d) Neighbor Vi.
14. The artist was originally from what country?
15. Uncle Chinh's wife holds what position?
(b) Sous chef.
(c) Dean of Philosophy Department.
(d) Police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hang returns, her mother is doing what?
2. The color then reminds her of what childhood memory?
3. Uncle Chinh had summoned Hang to Moscow once before to participate in what?
4. Hang discovers that who died last winter?
5. Hang recalls an artist who was inspired by what weather phenomenon?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)