|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Uncle Chinh holding when Hang arrives?
(d) Meat cleaver.
2. Aunt Tam makes what from bamboo?
3. What does Mr. Duong do after Aunt Tam embarrasses him?
(a) He screams at her.
(b) He leaves.
(c) He destroys the altar for the incestors.
(d) He knocks over the food.
4. The flowers are often found near what?
(a) All of these.
(b) Rotting algae.
(c) Miserable hovels.
5. One of the guests reveals to Hang that her Uncle summoned her to Moscow to do what?
(a) Ship imported goods.
(b) Meet potential suitors.
(c) Borrow money from her.
(d) Interrogate her about Aunt Tam.
6. Hang discovers that her mother was in a car accident with what consequence?
(a) She is blind.
(b) She is depressed.
(c) Her leg is amputated.
(d) Her face and arms are burned.
7. Mr. Duong was planning on taking the land of which party guest?
(a) Madame Dua.
(b) The scarred woman's sister.
(c) The driver's son.
(d) Hang's mother.
8. The color then reminds her of what childhood memory?
(a) Silky clothes.
(b) Stagnant ponds.
(c) Tin roofs.
(d) Ripe fruit.
9. Who helps Hang get her exit visa?
(a) The Bohemian.
(b) Hang's roommate.
(c) Uncle Chinh.
(d) Madame Vera.
10. How does Que pay for Chinh's medicine and food?
(a) Donations from neighbors.
(b) Borrows from Aunt Tam.
(c) A second job.
(d) Her salary.
11. Mr. Duong wants Aunt Tam to teach his relative what skill?
(a) Drying tea leaves.
(b) Silk weaving.
(c) Making noodles.
(d) Wrapping sticky rice.
12. What does Hang consider the "greatest human sadness?"
13. The artist painting the landscapes has not returned to his homeland in how many years?
14. Mr. Duong asks Aunt Tam to help which relative of his?
(a) Oldest daughter.
(b) Youngest son.
15. Who is the researcher who Uncle Chinh is staying with?
(a) The Bohemian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Hang buy for Madame Vera?
2. Hang imagines her future in what setting?
3. Which of Chinh's guests did Hang meet at the university?
4. What are the words used to describe the legacy left to Hang?
5. What floor does Uncle Chinh live on?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)