|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aunt Tam says that Madame Dua's husband left because of which of her characteristics?
2. On the train in Russia, Hang's traveling companion does what?
(a) Wakes her up.
(b) Offers her breakfast.
(c) Borrows her book.
(d) Steals her money.
3. Hang associates the house with what?
(a) Family togetherness.
(b) Hope for the future.
(c) Broken dreams.
(d) Crimes of the past.
4. What color are the purple flowers around the pond?
5. Hang later associates the color with what?
(c) Her mother.
6. What floor does Uncle Chinh live on?
7. What does Hang consider the "greatest human sadness?"
8. Hang hears what animal being slaughtered for her celebration?
9. The artist painting the landscapes has not returned to his homeland in how many years?
10. What gift does Hang buy for Madame Vera?
(a) Silk shawl.
(d) High heels.
11. Once she arrives in Moscow, Hang goes where to meet her uncle Chinh?
(b) Retirement home.
(d) Night market.
12. Hang remembers following her mother to a village outside and seeing who by large pond?
(a) A young wife.
(b) An elderly teacher.
(c) A little boy.
(d) An old woman.
13. Uncle Chinh is diagnosed with what chronic disease?
(b) Heart disease.
(d) High blood pressure.
14. Who saw Hang off to the airport?
(a) Uncle Chinh.
(c) No one.
(d) Aunt Tam.
15. Uncle Chinh demands what of his sister?
(b) A suitor for his daughter.
(c) American medicine.
(d) Traditional Vietnamese food.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Que pay for Chinh's medicine and food?
2. What are the words used to describe the legacy left to Hang?
3. What decision does Hang come to staring up into the night?
4. What does the visitor want?
5. What is the name of the government housing where Uncle Chinh lives?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)