Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new business brings a rougher crowd and wealthier clients?
(c) Canning factory.
2. Que's neighbor make che, a cake made of what?
(a) Sesame seed.
(b) Mochi paste.
3. How much money did Hang have left in savings at the start of the chapter?
(a) Four hundred fifty rubles.
(b) One hundred rubles.
(c) Twenty rubles.
(d) Eight hundred rubles.
4. What is the name of Que's neighbor and confidante?
5. Where did Tam live once she was evicted?
(a) A small hut.
(b) With her aunt.
(c) A hostel.
(d) Outside of the village.
6. Hang thinks the visit is motivated by what?
7. What happens when Ton and Hang's mother are reunited?
(a) Hang's mother moves to be with Ton.
(b) They conceive Hang out of love.
(c) Ton moves back to Hanoi.
(d) They remarry.
8. What kind of alcohol does Aunt Tam serve?
(a) Sticky rice liquor.
(c) Plum wine.
9. Where does Hang's Uncle Chinh live?
(c) Fountain Valley.
10. How old was Chinh when his mother died?
11. Que saves her increased profits to buy what?
(a) A second market stand.
(b) A new roof.
(c) New clothes.
(d) A tutor for Hang.
12. How was Ton treated by the villagers?
(a) He was ignored.
(b) Like a family member.
(c) Like royalty.
(d) With contempt.
13. Tam gets her home and rice paddies back when she is reclassified as what?
(a) A proletariat.
(b) A scholar.
(c) A "middle peasant."
(d) The bourgeoisie.
14. How did Ton die?
(b) Train accident.
15. How long does Ton's journey last?
(a) One week.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Twenty four hours.
(d) Three days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hang see outside the train that reminds her of her family?
2. Who helped Ton escape the village?
3. Hang's male companion shuts off what?
4. Que and Hang must walk how many miles to get to the river?
5. Hang suggests selling her earrings to buy what?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)