|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Tam live once she was evicted?
(a) With her aunt.
(b) A small hut.
(c) Outside of the village.
(d) A hostel.
2. How old was Hang's grandfather when he died?
3. Where does Hang's Uncle Chinh live?
(b) Fountain Valley.
4. How many siblings does Hang's mother have?
5. During her visit, which relative of Hang's friend tried to attack her?
6. What does Hang see outside the train that reminds her of her family?
(a) A night market.
(b) A laughing couple.
(c) An old house.
(d) A baby girl.
7. Which of the following subjects does Ton teach in the village?
(b) Basic science.
8. How many children does Ton have with his new wife?
(a) Two sons.
(b) One son, one daughter.
(c) One son.
(d) One daughter.
9. Que saves her increased profits to buy what?
(a) A new roof.
(b) A second market stand.
(c) New clothes.
(d) A tutor for Hang.
10. How old was Hang when she visited her father's house the only time?
11. Ton meets a surprise visitor from his past how many years into his new life?
12. What sound would Hang's mother hear that made her cry at night?
(a) The mortars hitting buildings.
(b) Her neighbors eating dinner with their families.
(c) The clock striking 8:00 p.m., the time her mother passed.
(d) The howl of the wild dogs in the neighborhood.
13. What is the name of Que's neighbor and confidante?
14. Uncle Chinh tells Que what lie?
(a) He is giving them money.
(b) He is very sick.
(c) He is sorry.
(d) He is moving to Hanoi.
15. The job is with what company (name)?
(a) Water Sanitation Company.
(b) Carre Four Supermarket.
(c) Red River Food Factory.
(d) Department of Education.
Short Answer Questions
1. What minority region does Ton end up in?
2. Which of the following is not part of Hang's typical breakfast?
3. What does Madame Vera give to Hang?
4. What happened after Ton's mother and sister were denounced?
5. Name one of the recipients of Aunt Tam's divided house.
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)