|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What field was Hang's grandfather in?
(d) Traditional medicine.
2. What major city does Que decide to move to?
3. What is Ton's birth sign?
4. How many siblings does Hang's mother have?
5. Uncle Chinh tells Que what lie?
(a) He is very sick.
(b) He is giving them money.
(c) He is sorry.
(d) He is moving to Hanoi.
6. Que's hut is located in what kind of neighborhood (economically)?
(a) Working class.
(b) White collar.
(d) Middle class.
7. A mob tries to attack Que for her relation to Chinh. Who intervenes and saves Que?
(a) Que's neighbor.
(b) Ton's sister.
(d) An American soldier.
8. How does Hang describe the beauty of her first snowfall?
9. One of Hang's roommates accuses the others of stealing what object?
(a) Jade pendant.
(b) Winter coat.
(d) Sewing machine.
10. What is the name of Uncle Chinh's wife?
11. How often does Hang write Aunt Tam?
(a) Every week.
(b) Every month.
(c) Four times a year.
(d) Once a month.
12. What happens after Chinh accuses Que of hurting his image and reputation?
(a) Que leaves the village.
(b) Chinh says she needs to be with the revolution.
(c) Chinh says she will be an outcast.
(d) All of the above.
13. Ton meets a surprise visitor from his past how many years into his new life?
14. What scares Hang inside of her grandfather's house?
(a) Dragon paintings.
(b) Shadows on the wall.
(c) Portraits of ancestors.
(d) Wooden sculptures.
15. Uncle Chinh's wife is part of what organization?
(a) Farmers Union.
(b) Bankers Guild.
(c) Communist Youth League.
(d) Republican Party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the campaign that returned the land to the village
2. Tam asks Hang to write how frequently?
3. Who arrives to help celebrate Tet?
4. What minority region does Ton end up in?
5. Who does Tam blame for her brother's exile and death?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)