|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What motorized transportation do Que and Hang take in order to reach the village?
2. When Hang's father leaves the village, what is the only possession he has?
(a) His pride.
(b) The family jewelry.
(c) His sister's savings.
(d) A photograph of Que.
3. How long does Ton's journey last?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) Three days.
(d) Twenty four hours.
4. Who helped Ton escape the village?
(b) Ton's mother.
5. How old was Que when her mother died?
6. Ton goes to an old colleague whose family owns what kind of business?
(a) Rice farming.
(b) Fish sauce.
7. Tam advises Hang to honor who?
(a) Her teachers.
(b) The president.
(c) Her ancestors.
8. Makeshift bicycle taxis are known as _____.
(b) Tuk tuks.
9. Name one of the recipients of Aunt Tam's divided house.
10. How old was Hang's grandfather when he died?
11. What does Hang see outside the train that reminds her of her family?
(a) A laughing couple.
(b) A baby girl.
(c) An old house.
(d) A night market.
12. What happens after Chinh accuses Que of hurting his image and reputation?
(a) All of the above.
(b) Chinh says she will be an outcast.
(c) Que leaves the village.
(d) Chinh says she needs to be with the revolution.
13. What is the name of Que's neighbor and confidante?
14. What does Ton find in the packet from his former student's parents?
(a) A bible.
(b) A chain.
(c) Gold coins.
(d) Rice cakes.
15. What was the name of the campaign that returned the land to the village
(a) Trail of Tears.
(b) Unification Rebuilding.
(c) Rectification of Errors.
(d) Land Reform.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ton remarries - his new wife is the daughter of the village ______.
2. Hang thinks the visit is motivated by what?
3. Ton meets a surprise visitor from his past how many years into his new life?
4. Which of the following is not a product found in the street markets Hang describes?
5. Que's neighbor make che, a cake made of what?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)