|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the only true citizens, according to Ton?
(a) Proletariats and peasantry.
(b) Proletarians and scholars.
(c) Soldiers and peasantry.
(d) Scholars and soldiers.
2. What was Hang's roommate's recent purchase?
(a) Record player.
(c) English dictionary.
(d) High heel shoes.
3. Relative to the salesman's visit, when does Ton return to Hanoi to see Hang's mother?
(a) One week later.
(b) Two months later.
(c) Six months later.
(d) One year later.
4. How does Tam bring Hang to the ferry?
(a) Via cyclo.
(b) On her back.
(c) On a bike.
(d) By foot.
5. How old was Hang when she visited her father's house the only time?
6. How many siblings does Hang's mother have?
7. During land reform, Aunt Tam's home was divided into how many pieces?
8. Tam worked for her aunt to make what food product?
(a) Spring rolls.
(b) Vermicelli noodles.
9. What is Ton's birth sign?
10. What does Hang's mother give her after the neighbor teases her?
(a) A doll.
(b) A book.
(c) Barley sugar sticks.
11. How often does Hang write Aunt Tam?
(a) Every month.
(b) Every week.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Four times a year.
12. How old was Chinh when his mother died?
13. How did Ton die?
(a) Train accident.
14. How does Hang describe the beauty of her first snowfall?
15. Name one of the recipients of Aunt Tam's divided house.
Short Answer Questions
1. During her visit, which relative of Hang's friend tried to attack her?
2. Where does Uncle Chinh live?
3. What minority region does Ton end up in?
4. Where does her mother live?
5. Hang suggests selling her earrings to buy what?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)