|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What motorized transportation do Que and Hang take in order to reach the village?
2. What country does Hang live in at the start of the book?
3. Que reveals she used to work where?
(c) Garment factory.
(d) Traveling bazaar.
4. How long does Ton's journey last?
(a) Twenty four hours.
(b) One week.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two weeks.
5. Hang thinks the visit is motivated by what?
6. Who is in charge of the dormitory?
(a) Mr. Que.
(b) Mr. Ton.
(c) Madame Vera.
(d) Ms. Chinh.
7. What is the name of Que's neighbor and confidante?
8. What does Hang's mother give her after the neighbor teases her?
(b) Barley sugar sticks.
(c) A book.
(d) A doll.
9. What happens when Ton and Hang's mother are reunited?
(a) They conceive Hang out of love.
(b) Ton moves back to Hanoi.
(c) Hang's mother moves to be with Ton.
(d) They remarry.
10. Which of the following is not part of Hang's typical breakfast?
(a) Fried silkworms.
(b) Dried fish.
(c) Pickled cabbage.
(d) None of the above.
11. About a year later, Hang and her mother get a visitor from one of their relatives. Who is it?
12. What was the name of the campaign that returned the land to the village
(a) Rectification of Errors.
(b) Unification Rebuilding.
(c) Land Reform.
(d) Trail of Tears.
13. What was Hang's roommate's recent purchase?
(b) Record player.
(c) High heel shoes.
(d) English dictionary.
14. When Hang's father leaves the village, what is the only possession he has?
(a) The family jewelry.
(b) His sister's savings.
(c) His pride.
(d) A photograph of Que.
15. How long after Que's departure from the village before Chinh also leaves?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Three years.
Short Answer Questions
1. During her visit, which relative of Hang's friend tried to attack her?
2. Tam advises Hang to honor who?
3. How many siblings does Hang's mother have?
4. How did Ton die?
5. What smell competes with the aroma from the food?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)