|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Que returns to the village, how is Chinh regarded?
(a) He has been forgotten.
(b) He is revered - there is a bronze statue in his likeness.
(c) He is insignificant.
(d) He is the most hated of all the former leaders.
2. Which of the following subjects does Ton teach in the village?
(c) Basic science.
3. Where does the cyclo driver take Ton?
(a) Train station.
(b) Navy base.
(c) Bus depot.
(d) River ferry.
4. What name does she call the white dog from the neighborhood?
(c) Fuzzy White.
5. What major city does Que decide to move to?
6. What smell competes with the aroma from the food?
(a) Agricultural byproducts.
(b) Marsh gases.
(c) Industrial chemicals.
(d) Sewer and garbage stench.
7. Hang's male companion shuts off what?
(b) Reading light.
(c) Tea kettle.
(d) Cassette player.
8. Ton remarries - his new wife is the daughter of the village ______.
(d) Vice president.
9. How old was Que when her mother died?
10. Why are the only true citizens, according to Ton?
(a) Soldiers and peasantry.
(b) Proletarians and scholars.
(c) Proletariats and peasantry.
(d) Scholars and soldiers.
11. During her visit, which relative of Hang's friend tried to attack her?
12. How did Ton die?
(d) Train accident.
13. Soon after they return, Que announces who is visiting?
(a) Uncle Chinh.
(b) Que's suitor.
(c) Ton's wife.
(d) Aunt Tam.
14. Chinh tells Que that she should stay away from Ton because he is a(n) ______.
15. What is the occupation of the surprise visitor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does Hang live in at the start of the book?
2. What was the name of the campaign that returned the land to the village
3. Hang thinks the visit is motivated by what?
4. What is the name of Que's neighbor and confidante?
5. When Hang returns to the village with her mom, she collects what fruit on her first day?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)