|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tam blame for her brother's exile and death?
(a) The French.
(c) Ton's new wife.
2. What does Hang see outside the train that reminds her of her family?
(a) A laughing couple.
(b) An old house.
(c) A baby girl.
(d) A night market.
3. How did Ton die?
(c) Train accident.
4. Which of the following is not part of Hang's typical breakfast?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Pickled cabbage.
(c) Fried silkworms.
(d) Dried fish.
5. A mob tries to attack Que for her relation to Chinh. Who intervenes and saves Que?
(a) An American soldier.
(b) Ton's sister.
(c) Que's neighbor.
6. What was the name of the place Hang's mother took her with green water and rocks?
(a) Mystic Lake.
(b) Yellow River.
(c) Eternity Beach.
(d) Along Bay.
7. How does Tam bring Hang to the ferry?
(a) By foot.
(b) On a bike.
(c) On her back.
(d) Via cyclo.
8. Why are the only true citizens, according to Ton?
(a) Proletariats and peasantry.
(b) Scholars and soldiers.
(c) Proletarians and scholars.
(d) Soldiers and peasantry.
9. How old was Que when her mother died?
10. What minority region does Ton end up in?
11. Tam gets her home and rice paddies back when she is reclassified as what?
(a) A scholar.
(b) A proletariat.
(c) The bourgeoisie.
(d) A "middle peasant."
12. What happens when Ton and Hang's mother are reunited?
(a) They remarry.
(b) Ton moves back to Hanoi.
(c) They conceive Hang out of love.
(d) Hang's mother moves to be with Ton.
13. How old was Chinh when his mother died?
14. Que and Hang must walk how many miles to get to the river?
15. Hang is born how many years after Que leaves her village?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound does Hang often hear outside her home?
2. What happened after Ton's mother and sister were denounced?
3. Where does Uncle Chinh live?
4. Que saves her increased profits to buy what?
5. For Tet, what offerings are left with a photo of Ton?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)