|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who led the accusations against Ton's mother and sister Tam?
(a) The pillars of land reform.
(b) Uncle Chihn.
(c) Que's aunt.
(d) The village leader.
2. Which of the following is not part of Hang's typical breakfast?
(a) Dried fish.
(b) Pickled cabbage.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Fried silkworms.
3. Que's brother tells her he and his family are moving to _____.
4. What role has Chinh been promoted to?
(a) Top Security Officer.
(b) Director or Education.
(c) Chief of the Land Reform Section.
(d) Work Czar.
5. Who helped Ton escape the village?
(a) Ton's mother.
6. Who arrives to help celebrate Tet?
(a) Aunt Tam.
(b) Ton's wife.
(c) Que's suitor.
(d) Uncle Chinh.
7. Que reveals she used to work where?
(b) Garment factory.
(c) Traveling bazaar.
8. What field was Hang's grandfather in?
(b) Traditional medicine.
9. Tam asks Hang to write how frequently?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Four times a week.
(c) Every day.
(d) Every week.
10. What new business brings a rougher crowd and wealthier clients?
(b) Canning factory.
11. Name one of the recipients of Aunt Tam's divided house.
12. Que and Hang must walk how many miles to get to the river?
13. Hang and a troublemaker named Thu get in trouble by Thu's mother for playing at which river?
(d) Nhat Le.
14. Which of the following instruments did Ton play?
15. The festival of Tet celebrates what occasion?
(a) Children's Day.
(b) Harvest Festival.
(c) New Year's.
(d) Independence Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the only true citizens, according to Ton?
2. Ton remarries - his new wife is the daughter of the village ______.
3. Chinh tells Que that she should stay away from Ton because he is a(n) ______.
4. Ton meets a surprise visitor from his past how many years into his new life?
5. Soon after they return, Que announces who is visiting?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)