|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Natividad calm the child that Bankole rescues?
2. Who is Jill carrying when she is killed?
3. What does Bankole think is crazy for Lauren to plan?
4. What is the "magic word" that Lauren says to the woman and child that makes them stay?
5. What makes it easier for the group to fit in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although Cory knows what awaits her son outside the walls of Robledo, she approves of him leaving the community. Why do you think she does this? Describe the relationships she has with each of her children, her stepdaughter, and her husband. What do these relationships reveal about her character?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the affects of racial differences in the novel. Does race seem to matter more or less than in the America Butler describes than it does now?
Essay Topic 3
Lauren's father is a very important influence in her life. Describe the role he plays in her development as a strong leader. What lessons does he teach her? What are his character flaws? Compare and contrast the way Reverend Olamina leads the community of Robledo and the way Lauren leads her community at Acorn.
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)