|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lauren say "can be our future"?
2. How far away is Lauren's neighborhood from Los Angeles?
3. Which of Richard Moss' wives holds the official marriage license?
4. What denomination of minister is Lauren's father?
5. Why does Keith say that his friends on the outside find him useful?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lauren's dream.
2. What is the difference between Lauren's and Joanne's bedrooms?
3. What doesn't Lauren tell Curtis by Chapter 13?
4. Who are the "Paints"?
5. What does Bankole say is the cause of all the human bones on the highway?
6. Why doesn't Harry want to stay and build a community with the group?
7. Why do Aura Moss and Michael Talcott leave their classes?
8. Why do Travis and Zahra leave their employer?
9. What is the story of the parable of the importunate widow?
10. What two things show how important the baptism is to the adults in the community?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the qualities that Lauren has that make her a good leader. Using examples from the text, describe how she manages to convince people to join her group. What is it about her that seems to make people trust her or believe in her?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the government in America at the time of the story. What problems does the government face and how is it trying to solve those problems? How does the crisis facing the government affect Lauren's actions and the actions of the other characters?
Essay Topic 3
Although Cory knows what awaits her son outside the walls of Robledo, she approves of him leaving the community. Why do you think she does this? Describe the relationships she has with each of her children, her stepdaughter, and her husband. What do these relationships reveal about her character?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)