|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lauren's boyfriend?
2. What family is moving to Olivar?
3. Why doesn't Aura go out for target practice anymore?
4. How does Reverend Olamina usually travel to work?
5. What does Keith get for his birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lauren tell Joanne about to give her an idea of how bad society becomes?
2. Why is there sometimes problems with the relationship between Rev. Olamina and Jay Garfield?
3. What does Bankole say is the cause of all the human bones on the highway?
4. Why do some people think it is a waste to go to Mars?
5. What are the "rules" of the group that Lauren shares with Grayson?
6. Why do Aura Moss and Michael Talcott leave their classes?
7. Why does Lauren's dad return to Robledo?
8. Why does Lauren think the community that is burning is attacked?
9. What does Lauren think happens if Olivar succeeds?
10. What does Zahra say she prefers life with Richard to life with her mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The lives of children in Butler's dystopic vision in not a very positive one. Explain how the social conditions of the time affect the lives of the following children:
a. Amy Dunn.
b. Tori Solis.
d. Doe Mora.
e. Justin Mohr.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the Robledo neighborhood that Lauren leaves with the plan for Acorn. Explain the similarities and differences regarding the following:
a. How dissent is handled.
b. The racial/ethnic composition of the community.
e. People's ability to work.
Essay Topic 3
Although Lauren is very young, she seems much older and more mature than even many of the adults around her. Explain some of the ways in which she seems older than her years, based on examples from the text. Do you think that this believable? What do you think causes Lauren to be so mature?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)