Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many television sets are left in the neighborhood?
2. Who else besides Lauren does not cry over Keith's death?
3. How far away is Lauren's neighborhood from Los Angeles?
4. Why doesn't Reverend Olamina think the company accepts them?
5. How many of the seven latest intrusions into the neighborhood are successful?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the requirements to participate in the neighborhood watch?
2. What are the findings of the Anglo-Japanese Cosmological Station?
3. Why is it dangerous for Bankole's brother-in-law to do odd jobs for cash?
4. Describe Lauren's dream.
5. Why does Lauren think the community that is burning is attacked?
6. What is the difference between Lauren's and Joanne's bedrooms?
7. Why does Bankole think buying a gun is more important than buying food?
8. Why is there sometimes problems with the relationship between Rev. Olamina and Jay Garfield?
9. Why doesn't Harry want to stay and build a community with the group?
10. What does Lauren think is the purpose of prayer?
Although Cory knows what awaits her son outside the walls of Robledo, she approves of him leaving the community. Why do you think she does this? Describe the relationships she has with each of her children, her stepdaughter, and her husband. What do these relationships reveal about her character?
Lauren has a dream in the first chapter about flying and facing a major obstacle. Describe this dream, and then explain its symbolism in the context of the novel. What themes does this dream foreshadow?
Explain what environmental changes occur in America at the time of the story. How does this affect the social fabric? What effects does it have on Lauren and the other characters? What environmental considerations do the travelers take into account when planning the community at Acorn?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)