|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lauren's boyfriend?
(a) Michael Talcott.
(b) Peter Moss.
(c) Curtis Talcott.
(d) Harry Balter.
2. How many children live in the Yannis household?
3. Where does Keith want to move to?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
4. What is Reverend Olamina's sermon about after Keith returns home?
(b) The Ten Commandments.
(c) The Parable of the Sower.
5. Who does Lauren's father vote for in the Presidential election?
(c) He doesn't vote.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age are children in the neighborhood allowed to begin target practice?
2. What family is affected by the latest robbery, in Chapter 11?
3. What does Joanne's father believe causes the climate change?
4. Whose books is Lauren reading?
5. What does Keith give to Lauren on her birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lauren call President Donner a "human banister"?
2. Why doesn't the emergency bell ring when the neighborhood is attacked?
3. What do water peddlers do?
4. Who are the "Paints"?
5. What does Zahra say she prefers life with Richard to life with her mother?
6. Why is it safer to be dirty?
7. What does Natividad teach Emery?
8. What is the one paradox in Lauren's philosophy?
9. Why does Lauren describe the Noah story as having two parts?
10. What is it about Lauren's flying in her dream that makes her seem "better" than she used to be, and what makes her still not an expert?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)