|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Keith get out of the gates?
(a) He goes out with his father.
(b) He jumps the fence.
(c) He steals his mother's key.
(d) Lauren lets him out.
2. How many dead people does Lauren see on her way to get baptized?
3. How does Amy die?
(a) By a stray bullet.
(b) She is killed by a feral dog.
(c) From hunger.
(d) She is hit by a car.
4. Who wins the Presidential election?
5. What is stolen from Keith?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His clothes.
(d) His key.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease is killing people in New Jersey and New York?
2. In Lauren's dream, what does she do when her stepmother isn't watching?
3. Who rings the emergency bell after the fire starts?
4. What does Reverend Olamina do when Keith returns?
5. Who does the astronomy book that Lauren learns the constellations from belong to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lauren's father stay at the university overnight?
2. Why do Travis and Zahra leave their employer?
3. What "family business" does Lauren's father believe in keeping private?
4. What's causing the chaos after the earthquake?
5. Why is it dangerous for Bankole's brother-in-law to do odd jobs for cash?
6. Why does Lauren think it is a mistake to take Emery and Tori with them?
7. Why doesn't Bankole want to bury the bones initially?
8. What does Lauren think is the best thing that happens to Bianca and Jorge?
9. Describe Richard Moss' religion.
10. What is Keith's punishment after leaving the neighborhood?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)