|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lauren see in the sky?
(a) A storm cloud.
(b) A satellite.
(c) A meteor.
(d) An eclipse.
2. What disorder does Lauren suffer from?
(b) Hyperempathy syndrome.
3. What does Lauren do to the dog at the end of Chapter Four?
(a) Feeds it.
(b) Pets it.
(c) Captures it.
(d) Shoots it.
4. What does the group, searching in the hills, find in the tree branches?
(a) A man's severed arm.
(b) A dead child.
(c) Lauren's father.
(d) A dead dog.
5. How is Keith killed?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He is tortured to death.
(c) He is attacked by dogs.
(d) He overdoses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lauren recommend Joanne do while she reads?
2. What does Lauren suggest she and Joanne make?
3. Whose books is Lauren reading?
4. Where does Lauren store her emergency pack?
5. Where does Keith want to move to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does it take to be a good member of Earthseed?
2. What do water peddlers do?
3. Why are water peddlers dangerous?
4. What's causing the chaos after the earthquake?
5. What does Lauren think is the best thing that happens to Bianca and Jorge?
6. Why do some people think it is a waste to go to Mars?
7. Why doesn't the emergency bell ring when the neighborhood is attacked?
8. Who are the "Paints"?
9. What does Cory accuse her husband of after Keith runs away?
10. What is the difference between people in Olivar and people in company towns of the past?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)