|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Keith bring back for his brothers Bennett and Gregory?
2. At least how many guns does each household in the neighborhood have?
3. What does Rev. Olamina call Lauren that makes her think she is "close to trouble"?
(c) Her mother's name.
(d) Her full name.
4. What song does Kayla sing at the service?
(a) "Battle Hymn of the Republic".
(b) "We Shall Not be Moved".
(c) "We Shall Overcome".
(d) "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot."
5. What is Lauren's favorite book of the Bible?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lauren's boyfriend?
2. Who teaches the martial arts classes to the neighborhood?
3. How many dead people does Lauren see on her way to get baptized?
4. What does Keith get for his birthday?
5. What doesn't Lauren's stepmother see when she is a girl?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between Lauren's and Joanne's bedrooms?
2. What is "prodigy" according to the opening passage of the book?
3. Why does Lauren say that the bubonic plague in medieval Europe represents positive change?
4. What are Olivar's problems before the company takes it over?
5. Why doesn't Harry want to stay and build a community with the group?
6. Why does Lauren's dad return to Robledo?
7. What does Lauren think is the purpose of prayer?
8. What is the difference between people in Olivar and people in company towns of the past?
9. Why does Lauren's stepmother say she prefers the city lights?
10. Why does Lauren think the community that is burning is attacked?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)