|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song does Kayla sing at the service?
(a) "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot."
(b) "We Shall Not be Moved".
(c) "We Shall Overcome".
(d) "Battle Hymn of the Republic".
2. When does Lauren have her recurring dream?
(a) When she is content.
(b) When she is frightened.
(c) When she is excited.
(d) When she struggles.
3. What does Keith bring back for Cory?
4. Why does Keith say that his friends on the outside find him useful?
(a) Because he has money.
(b) Because he reads and writes.
(c) Because he gets them drugs.
(d) Because he has a gun.
5. Who teaches the martial arts classes to the neighborhood?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Montoya.
(c) Reverend Olamina.
(d) Mr. Hsu.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the newest Cabinet Department in the United States Government?
2. Where is the man that Keith steals from on the freeway headed?
3. Where does Lauren store her emergency pack?
4. What is Lauren's favorite book of the Bible?
5. What denomination of minister is Lauren's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story of the parable of the importunate widow?
2. Why do Travis and Zahra leave their employer?
3. What is it about Lauren's flying in her dream that makes her seem "better" than she used to be, and what makes her still not an expert?
4. What "family business" does Lauren's father believe in keeping private?
5. Why does Lauren describe the Noah story as having two parts?
6. What does Lauren think happens if Olivar succeeds?
7. What happens to Reverend Olamina's original church?
8. What does Emery tell Lauren about sharers having children?
9. Why do some people think it is a waste to go to Mars?
10. What does Lauren think Bankole is lying about?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)