|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lauren say "can be our future"?
(d) Water preservation.
2. How many television sets are left in the neighborhood?
3. How many children live in the Yannis household?
4. Why doesn't Aura go out for target practice anymore?
(a) She sees a corpse.
(b) Her father doesn't let her.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She accidentally shoots someone.
5. What is Reverend Olamina's sermon about after Keith returns home?
(c) The Ten Commandments.
(d) The Parable of the Sower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rev. Olamina call Lauren that makes her think she is "close to trouble"?
2. How much money does Lauren save?
3. What does Joanne's father believe causes the climate change?
4. What does Reverend Olamina do when Keith returns?
5. For how many years does Lauren's dad live in Los Angeles?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cory say that poverty leads to cleaner streets?
2. What does it take to be a good member of Earthseed?
3. Why does Lauren say that the bubonic plague in medieval Europe represents positive change?
4. Why doesn't the emergency bell ring when the neighborhood is attacked?
5. Why does Lauren say that Zahra is useful?
6. What does Zahra say she prefers life with Richard to life with her mother?
7. What doesn't Lauren tell Curtis by Chapter 13?
8. Why doesn't Zahra and Lauren like each other back in the neighborhood?
9. Why are water peddlers dangerous?
10. Why does Lauren think the community that is burning is attacked?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)