|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Wardell Parrish and Rosalee Payne related?
(a) They are twins.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are married.
(d) They are father and daughter.
2. What does the group, searching in the hills, find in the tree branches?
(a) A dead child.
(b) Lauren's father.
(c) A dead dog.
(d) A man's severed arm.
3. For how many years does Lauren's dad live in Los Angeles?
(a) Twenty one years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Six months.
4. How long does Lauren think her money lasts?
(a) About two weeks.
(b) About a month.
(c) For a year.
(d) A day.
5. What does Lauren say "can be our future"?
(a) Water preservation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wins the Presidential election?
2. What company takes over the town of Olivar?
3. What types of books is Lauren reading?
4. What does Lauren's stepmother's mother tell her stars are?
5. What is Keith allowed to do with the BB gun?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Keith's punishment after leaving the neighborhood?
2. What does Lauren think is the purpose of prayer?
3. What is the story of the parable of the importunate widow?
4. Why does Lauren think it is a mistake to take Emery and Tori with them?
5. Why does Lauren's dad return to Robledo?
6. Why are some families opposed to having guns?
7. Why does Lauren describe the Noah story as having two parts?
8. What does Emery tell Lauren about sharers having children?
9. Why doesn't Zahra and Lauren like each other back in the neighborhood?
10. Why do Paints set fire to the park?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)