|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the garden thieves take from the Hsu and Talcott homes?
(b) Citrus fruits.
2. What does Lauren recommend Joanne do while she reads?
(a) Listen to the radio.
(b) Read out loud.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) Take notes.
3. What does Keith take with him the next time he runs away?
(b) Lauren's emergency pack.
(c) His father's keys.
(d) A gun.
4. What kind of roofs do the houses have?
(c) Asphalt shingles.
(d) Spanish tile.
5. Why doesn't Reverend Olamina think the company accepts them?
(a) They don't want a minister's family.
(b) They are a Black and Hispanic family.
(c) They are overeducated.
(d) They are too poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song does Kayla sing at the service?
2. What does Lauren decide to call her belief system?
3. Where does Keith want to move to?
4. How old is Lauren's brother Keith?
5. What is special about the water used for the baptism?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lauren describe the Noah story as having two parts?
2. What does Natividad teach Emery?
3. Why doesn't the emergency bell ring when the neighborhood is attacked?
4. What does Cory accuse her husband of after Keith runs away?
5. What doesn't Lauren tell Curtis by Chapter 13?
6. Why doesn't Bankole want to bury the bones initially?
7. Describe Lauren's dream.
8. What's causing the chaos after the earthquake?
9. Why doesn't Zahra and Lauren like each other back in the neighborhood?
10. What two things show how important the baptism is to the adults in the community?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)