|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lauren's stepmother say we can afford?
(c) The stars.
2. Why does Cory think the family should move to Olivar?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) The children go to good schools.
(c) It is safer.
(d) The children get jobs with the company.
3. How old is Lauren's brother Keith?
4. When is the last time it rains?
(a) Six years ago.
(b) Ten years ago.
(c) A year ago.
(d) Three years ago.
5. How old is Lauren in the dream she has of being with her stepmother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes pregnant in the neighborhood?
2. What does Lauren see in the sky?
3. How far away is Lauren's neighborhood from Los Angeles?
4. What does Lauren suggest she and Joanne make?
5. How does Keith get out of the gates?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Natividad teach Emery?
2. What does Lauren think happens if Olivar succeeds?
3. What two things show how important the baptism is to the adults in the community?
4. Why does Lauren's father stay at the university overnight?
5. Why does Lauren say that Zahra is useful?
6. What does Cory accuse her husband of after Keith runs away?
7. Why is it dangerous for Bankole's brother-in-law to do odd jobs for cash?
8. What does Lauren tell Joanne about to give her an idea of how bad society becomes?
9. Why does Cory say that poverty leads to cleaner streets?
10. What does Lauren think is the purpose of prayer?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)