|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Amy die?
(a) From hunger.
(b) She is hit by a car.
(c) By a stray bullet.
(d) She is killed by a feral dog.
2. What family is moving to Olivar?
(a) The Hsus.
(b) The Garfields.
(c) The Balters.
(d) The Olaminas.
3. What does Lauren want to call the emergency packs?
(a) Preparedness packs.
(b) First aid kits.
(c) Earthquake packs.
(d) Survival packs.
4. When does Lauren have her recurring dream?
(a) When she is content.
(b) When she is excited.
(c) When she is frightened.
(d) When she struggles.
5. How does Reverend Olamina usually travel to work?
(a) He walks.
(b) In a carpool.
(c) He takes a public transportation system.
(d) By bike.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lauren suggest she and Joanne make?
2. What do Kayla Talcott and Lauren's birth mother have in common?
3. Where is the man that Keith steals from on the freeway headed?
4. At least how many guns does each household in the neighborhood have?
5. What does Lauren do to the dog at the end of Chapter Four?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lauren think happens if Olivar succeeds?
2. What are the requirements to participate in the neighborhood watch?
3. Why does Allie feel close to Justin?
4. Why does Bankole think buying a gun is more important than buying food?
5. What is Keith's punishment after leaving the neighborhood?
6. What doesn't Lauren tell Curtis by Chapter 13?
7. What are Olivar's problems before the company takes it over?
8. Describe Richard Moss' religion.
9. What does Lauren think is the purpose of prayer?
10. What is the difference between people in Olivar and people in company towns of the past?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)