|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people are killed in the storm in the Gulf of Mexico?
2. What is water become more expensive than?
3. Why does Lauren's father say he doesn't go North?
(a) He hates the North.
(b) He doesn't know anyone there.
(c) It is too cold.
(d) There aren't any jobs.
4. What do the garden thieves take from the Hsu and Talcott homes?
(b) Citrus fruits.
5. Why does Mrs. Sims live alone?
(a) Because her husband leaves her.
(b) Because all of her family moves away.
(c) Because her house is very small.
(d) Because she doesn't get along with her daughter-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Keith give to Lauren on her birthday?
2. Which of Richard Moss' wives holds the official marriage license?
3. What does Lauren's stepmother's mother tell her stars are?
4. Who becomes pregnant in the neighborhood?
5. Where does Lauren plan to go when she leaves the neighborhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lauren say that Zahra is useful?
2. What is "prodigy" according to the opening passage of the book?
3. Why do Aura Moss and Michael Talcott leave their classes?
4. What does Natividad teach Emery?
5. Why does Lauren think the community that is burning is attacked?
6. What does Lauren think is the purpose of prayer?
7. What "family business" does Lauren's father believe in keeping private?
8. Describe Richard Moss' religion.
9. What lessons does Lauren learn on the road?
10. What does Lauren think is the best thing that happens to Bianca and Jorge?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)