|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the last time it rains?
(a) A year ago.
(b) Six years ago.
(c) Ten years ago.
(d) Three years ago.
2. How far away is Lauren's neighborhood from Los Angeles?
(a) One hundred miles.
(b) Two miles.
(c) Sixty miles.
(d) Twenty miles.
3. What do Lauren and her father have in common?
(a) They both have the same favorite authors.
(b) They look exactly alike.
(c) They share the same birthday.
(d) They share the same first name.
4. What company takes over the town of Olivar?
(b) The U.S. Government.
(d) Smith Consolidated.
5. Who is Lauren's boyfriend?
(a) Michael Talcott.
(b) Harry Balter.
(c) Curtis Talcott.
(d) Peter Moss.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who starts the fire in the neighborhood?
2. At what age are children in the neighborhood allowed to begin target practice?
3. What does Keith give to Lauren on her birthday?
4. How much money does Keith steal from a man on the freeway?
5. Why does Lauren's father say he doesn't go North?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the one paradox in Lauren's philosophy?
2. What does Natividad teach Emery?
3. Why does Lauren think it is a mistake to take Emery and Tori with them?
4. What two things show how important the baptism is to the adults in the community?
5. What doesn't Lauren tell Curtis by Chapter 13?
6. Why is Lauren convinced that her father is dead?
7. What are the "rules" of the group that Lauren shares with Grayson?
8. Why do some people think it is a waste to go to Mars?
9. Why doesn't Zahra and Lauren like each other back in the neighborhood?
10. Why does Lauren call President Donner a "human banister"?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)