|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Keith killed?
(a) He overdoses.
(b) He is tortured to death.
(c) He is attacked by dogs.
(d) He is shot.
2. What does Lauren say "can be our future"?
(a) Water preservation.
3. Who does the astronomy book that Lauren learns the constellations from belong to?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her stepmother.
(d) Her father's mother.
4. Why does Lauren's father say he doesn't go North?
(a) It is too cold.
(b) There aren't any jobs.
(c) He doesn't know anyone there.
(d) He hates the North.
5. What is the book about that Lauren lends to Joanne?
(a) Hidden routes north.
(b) Native plants used by California Indians.
(c) Ammunition types.
(d) Local foods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Sims live alone?
2. What are Lauren and her stepmother doing outside in Lauren's dream?
3. What disorder does Lauren suffer from?
4. What is stolen from Keith?
5. What doesn't Lauren's stepmother see when she is a girl?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lauren say that Zahra is useful?
2. What are the requirements to participate in the neighborhood watch?
3. Why do Travis and Zahra leave their employer?
4. What are the findings of the Anglo-Japanese Cosmological Station?
5. What "family business" does Lauren's father believe in keeping private?
6. Describe Richard Moss' religion.
7. What is the story of the parable of the importunate widow?
8. Why does Lauren think it is a mistake to take Emery and Tori with them?
9. What is "prodigy" according to the opening passage of the book?
10. What does Lauren think Bankole is lying about?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)