|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lauren plan to go when she leaves the neighborhood?
(a) To Olivar.
2. What family is affected by the latest robbery, in Chapter 11?
(a) The Balters.
(b) The Cruz family.
(c) The Hsus.
(d) The Dunns.
3. Where does Keith want to move to?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
4. How is Keith killed?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He overdoses.
(c) He is tortured to death.
(d) He is attacked by dogs.
5. Why doesn't Aura go out for target practice anymore?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She accidentally shoots someone.
(c) Her father doesn't let her.
(d) She sees a corpse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Keith steal from a man on the freeway?
2. Who teaches the martial arts classes to the neighborhood?
3. What does Lauren wish she takes with her on her journey?
4. What doesn't Lauren's stepmother see when she is a girl?
5. How old is Lauren's brother Keith?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are water peddlers dangerous?
2. Why does Lauren say that the bubonic plague in medieval Europe represents positive change?
3. Why does Lauren say that Zahra is useful?
4. What "family business" does Lauren's father believe in keeping private?
5. What is "prodigy" according to the opening passage of the book?
6. What happens to Reverend Olamina's original church?
7. Why does Lauren think the community that is burning is attacked?
8. What does Bankole say is the cause of all the human bones on the highway?
9. What does Cory accuse her husband of after Keith runs away?
10. What doesn't Lauren tell Curtis by Chapter 13?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)