|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lauren wish she takes with her on her journey?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her writings.
(d) A gun.
2. Why does Mrs. Sims live alone?
(a) Because all of her family moves away.
(b) Because she doesn't get along with her daughter-in-law.
(c) Because her husband leaves her.
(d) Because her house is very small.
3. What do Cory and Rev. Olamina only drink on special occasions?
(a) Fresh water.
4. What drug does Lauren's mother take while she is pregnant with Lauren?
5. How many wives does Richard Moss have?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children live in the Yannis household?
2. How far away is Lauren's neighborhood from Los Angeles?
3. How does Keith get out of the gates?
4. What does Keith give to Lauren on her birthday?
5. What is water become more expensive than?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the "Paints"?
2. What does Emery tell Lauren about sharers having children?
3. Why does Lauren think it is a mistake to take Emery and Tori with them?
4. Why does Lauren's stepmother say she prefers the city lights?
5. Why is there sometimes problems with the relationship between Rev. Olamina and Jay Garfield?
6. Why are water stations dangerous places?
7. What do water peddlers do?
8. What are the requirements to participate in the neighborhood watch?
9. Why is it dangerous for Bankole's brother-in-law to do odd jobs for cash?
10. Why do some people think it is a waste to go to Mars?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)