|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lauren recommend Joanne do while she reads?
(a) Take notes.
(b) Listen to the radio.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) Read out loud.
2. Who becomes pregnant in the neighborhood?
(c) Aura Moss.
(d) Bianca Montoya.
3. What is water become more expensive than?
4. What family is moving to Olivar?
(a) The Hsus.
(b) The Garfields.
(c) The Olaminas.
(d) The Balters.
5. Why does Cory think the family should move to Olivar?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) The children get jobs with the company.
(c) The children go to good schools.
(d) It is safer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Amy die?
2. What do Kayla Talcott and Lauren's birth mother have in common?
3. Whose books is Lauren reading?
4. What family has the last remaining Window Wall in the neighborhood?
5. How many wives does Richard Moss have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lauren say that Zahra is useful?
2. Why does Cory say that poverty leads to cleaner streets?
3. Why are water stations dangerous places?
4. What does Lauren tell Joanne about to give her an idea of how bad society becomes?
5. Why does Allie feel close to Justin?
6. Why does Lauren's father stay at the university overnight?
7. Why do Paints set fire to the park?
8. Why is it dangerous for Bankole's brother-in-law to do odd jobs for cash?
9. Why does Lauren's dad return to Robledo?
10. What is the difference between people in Olivar and people in company towns of the past?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)