|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lauren's stepmother's first language?
2. Who teaches the martial arts classes to the neighborhood?
(a) Mr. Hsu.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Montoya.
(c) Reverend Olamina.
3. What does Keith give to Lauren on her birthday?
(b) New clothes.
(d) A book.
4. What do Lauren and her father have in common?
(a) They share the same birthday.
(b) They both have the same favorite authors.
(c) They share the same first name.
(d) They look exactly alike.
5. What is the book about that Lauren lends to Joanne?
(a) Native plants used by California Indians.
(b) Ammunition types.
(c) Local foods.
(d) Hidden routes north.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal does Richard Moss raise?
2. Where is the man that Keith steals from on the freeway headed?
3. What disease is running rampant in southern Mississippi and Louisiana?
4. Where does Lauren store her emergency pack?
5. Who does the astronomy book that Lauren learns the constellations from belong to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lessons does Lauren learn on the road?
2. What two things show how important the baptism is to the adults in the community?
3. Why doesn't the emergency bell ring when the neighborhood is attacked?
4. What does Zahra say she prefers life with Richard to life with her mother?
5. Why do some people think it is a waste to go to Mars?
6. What are the findings of the Anglo-Japanese Cosmological Station?
7. What does Lauren think happens if Olivar succeeds?
8. What do water peddlers do?
9. Who are the "Paints"?
10. Describe Lauren's dream.
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)