|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Lauren and her stepmother doing outside in Lauren's dream?
(a) Watering the garden.
(c) Patrolling the grounds for thieves.
(d) Taking the laundry from the clothesline.
2. What doesn't Lauren's stepmother see when she is a girl?
(a) The moon.
(b) City lights.
(c) The ocean.
3. How many of the seven latest intrusions into the neighborhood are successful?
4. What does Lauren decide to call her belief system?
(a) The Sower System.
(b) The Way.
5. What is Keith allowed to do with the BB gun?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Go to target practice.
(c) Participate in the neighborhood watch.
(d) Shoot small animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song does Kayla sing at the service?
2. What is Lauren's stepmother's first language?
3. Why doesn't Reverend Olamina think the company accepts them?
4. Why does Mrs. Sims live alone?
5. What is Reverend Olamina's sermon about after Keith returns home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between people in Olivar and people in company towns of the past?
2. Why does Lauren say that Zahra is useful?
3. Describe Lauren's dream.
4. Why does Lauren's stepmother say she prefers the city lights?
5. What are the "rules" of the group that Lauren shares with Grayson?
6. What is Keith's punishment after leaving the neighborhood?
7. Why do Travis and Zahra leave their employer?
8. Why does Lauren's father stay at the university overnight?
9. What is "prodigy" according to the opening passage of the book?
10. Why does Lauren think it is a mistake to take Emery and Tori with them?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)