|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age are children in the neighborhood allowed to begin target practice?
2. What doesn't Lauren's stepmother see when she is a girl?
(a) The moon.
(b) City lights.
(d) The ocean.
3. What is Reverend Olamina's sermon about after Keith returns home?
(a) The Parable of the Sower.
(b) The Ten Commandments.
4. What does Lauren want to call the emergency packs?
(a) Earthquake packs.
(b) Preparedness packs.
(c) Survival packs.
(d) First aid kits.
5. Where does Lauren plan to go when she leaves the neighborhood?
(c) To Olivar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lauren and her father have in common?
2. What are Lauren and her stepmother doing outside in Lauren's dream?
3. Who teaches the martial arts classes to the neighborhood?
4. For how many years does Lauren's dad live in Los Angeles?
5. Where is the astronaut who dies on a mission going to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lauren's dad return to Robledo?
2. Why is it dangerous for Bankole's brother-in-law to do odd jobs for cash?
3. Why do Aura Moss and Michael Talcott leave their classes?
4. Why does Lauren think it is a mistake to take Emery and Tori with them?
5. What does Zahra say she prefers life with Richard to life with her mother?
6. Why doesn't anyone bother calling the fire department after the fire?
7. What is the difference between people in Olivar and people in company towns of the past?
8. Why is Lauren convinced that her father is dead?
9. Why doesn't Harry want to stay and build a community with the group?
10. Why are water peddlers dangerous?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)