|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the newest Cabinet Department in the United States Government?
(a) The Department of Astronautics.
(b) The Department of Fire Safety.
(c) The Department of Water Preservation.
(d) The Department of Crime Reduction.
2. Who starts the fire in the neighborhood?
(a) Joanne Garfield.
(b) Tracy Dunn.
(c) Amy Dunn.
(d) Harry Balter.
3. What does Keith bring back for Cory?
4. What is Reverend Olamina's sermon about after Keith returns home?
(b) The Ten Commandments.
(c) The Parable of the Sower.
5. What do Cory and Rev. Olamina only drink on special occasions?
(c) Fresh water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lauren recommend Joanne do while she reads?
2. How many wives does Richard Moss have?
3. At least how many guns does each household in the neighborhood have?
4. When is the last time it rains?
5. What disease is running rampant in southern Mississippi and Louisiana?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is "prodigy" according to the opening passage of the book?
2. Why doesn't Harry want to stay and build a community with the group?
3. Why does Cory say that poverty leads to cleaner streets?
4. Why is it safer to be dirty?
5. What does Bankole say is the cause of all the human bones on the highway?
6. What is it about Lauren's flying in her dream that makes her seem "better" than she used to be, and what makes her still not an expert?
7. What are the "rules" of the group that Lauren shares with Grayson?
8. Why does Bankole think buying a gun is more important than buying food?
9. What is the difference between Lauren's and Joanne's bedrooms?
10. Why does Lauren say that the bubonic plague in medieval Europe represents positive change?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)