|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Bankole's sister have?
2. What does Zahra want Lauren to teach her?
(a) To navigate by the stars.
(b) To skin a rabbit.
(c) To read and write.
(d) To shoot a gun.
3. What does Lauren give the little boy that she sees scavenging?
(a) Acorn bread.
(b) A pair of shoes.
(c) An apricot.
(d) Some money.
4. What makes it easier for the group to fit in?
(a) Having kids with them.
(b) They are sharing their food.
(c) They have money.
(d) Having guns.
5. Where is Bankole's "safe haven"?
(a) Cape Mendocino.
6. How many hours does the group decide to make each watch?
7. How much money does the group get from the four dead men?
8. Where does the radio say that people should stay away from?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) The Bay Area.
9. What is Lauren's grandfather's last name originally?
10. What is Hanning Joss?
(a) A water treatment plant.
(b) A medical center.
(c) A school.
(d) A secure store complex.
11. What is the "magic word" that Lauren says to the woman and child that makes them stay?
12. What does Lauren think is a problem for Zahra?
(a) Her anger.
(b) Her good looks.
(c) Her loud voice.
(d) Her money.
13. Who does Lauren think the attackers are?
(a) Refugess from Olivar.
(b) Homeless people.
14. Where does Emery work?
(a) In a prison.
(b) In a school.
(c) In a factory.
(d) On a farm.
15. What is Highway 101 once known as?
(a) The Universal Highway.
(b) The Highway of Dreams.
(c) The Road.
(d) El Camino Real.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Justin from?
2. Where do the Montoyas relocate?
3. What does Harry give to Lauren in Chapter 16?
4. Where does Emery find the first money she ever has?
5. Where is the money Lauren digs up hidden?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)