|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the neighborhood attackers get in?
(a) They tunnel under the wall.
(b) They drive a truck through the gate.
(c) They climb the wall.
(d) They steal a key.
2. What do Lauren and Bankole have in common?
(a) They are both the children of preachers.
(b) They both have hyperempathy syndrome.
(c) They both have African surnames.
(d) They both are from Robledo.
3. What is Tori's ethnic background?
(b) All answers are correct.
4. Who is Bankole's rival for Lauren's affections?
5. Where does the group plan on resting for a day or two?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) San Louis Reservoir.
6. What does Lauren think is most important to scavenge for Cory and her brothers?
7. What happens to Bankole's wife?
(a) She leaves him.
(b) She dies in a car accident.
(c) She is beaten by robbers.
(d) She burns in a fire.
8. In Chapter 18, what does Harry begin to do?
(a) Write in a journal.
(b) Horde food.
(c) Stop eating.
(d) Chant daily.
9. What is Lauren's grandfather's last name originally?
10. What do the Solis' and the Mora's have in common with Lauren?
(a) They want to move to Olivar.
(b) They are sharers.
(c) They are from the same neighborhood.
(d) They also want to start a new belief system.
11. What does Bankole think is crazy for Lauren to plan?
(a) To get married.
(b) To move to Olivar.
(c) To travel, even though she doesn't have to.
(d) To try and find her father.
12. How many hours does the group decide to make each watch?
13. In Chapter 17, what do Lauren, Harry and Zahra all see for the first time?
(a) The ocean.
(b) Wild dogs.
(c) A woman giving birth.
(d) People eating dogs.
14. What does Zahra's brother Marcus say sharers a good as?
15. Where does Allie and Jill run away from?
(d) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Natividad calm the child that Bankole rescues?
2. Who calls the fire department once the fire starts in the Payne-Parrish house?
3. Where does Lauren hide her money?
4. What is the original purpose of the drug that Lauren's mother abuses?
5. What does the second law of thermodynamics have to do with?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)