|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Douglas family give to Lauren and her friends?
(d) Water purification tablets.
2. What does Harry give to Lauren in Chapter 16?
(b) His diary.
(c) His shoes.
(d) The watch his mother gives him.
3. What is the "magic word" that Lauren says to the woman and child that makes them stay?
4. What changes the peaceful beach scene?
(a) An attack by a group of Paints.
(b) The police come.
(c) A throng of wild dogs.
(d) There is a fire.
5. What does Bankole think is crazy for Lauren to plan?
(a) To get married.
(b) To move to Olivar.
(c) To try and find her father.
(d) To travel, even though she doesn't have to.
6. How many children does Bankole's sister have?
7. Where does Lauren hide her money?
(a) In her hat.
(b) In her shoe.
(c) Pinned inside her jeans.
(d) In her sleepsack.
8. How old is Zahra when she marries Richard?
9. How much money does the group get from the four dead men?
10. What city does the group pass through without incident?
(c) Santa Monica.
11. What church does Bankole attend?
(a) A Catholic church.
(b) A Baptist church.
(c) A Methodist church.
(d) He does not attend church.
12. What highway does the group travel with extreme caution?
(a) Highway 11.
(d) Route 66.
13. What does Bankole say that Earthseed reminds him of?
(a) All answers are correct.
14. What happens to Bankole's wife?
(a) She dies in a car accident.
(b) She burns in a fire.
(c) She leaves him.
(d) She is beaten by robbers.
15. What does Lauren give the little boy that she sees scavenging?
(a) A pair of shoes.
(b) Some money.
(c) Acorn bread.
(d) An apricot.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Allie and Jill related?
2. What does Lauren think is most important to scavenge for Cory and her brothers?
3. What makes it easier for the group to fit in?
4. Where is the money Lauren digs up hidden?
5. Who is Bankole's rival for Lauren's affections?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)