|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Montoyas relocate?
(b) Los Angeles.
2. How many children does Bankole's sister have?
3. What does Zahra bring to Lauren and Harry?
(d) A pair of shoes.
4. What does Zahra want Lauren to teach her?
(a) To shoot a gun.
(b) To skin a rabbit.
(c) To navigate by the stars.
(d) To read and write.
5. What does Natividad say she is sure that the woman do?
(b) Abandon her daughter.
(c) Shoot them.
(d) Run anyway.
6. What does Harry call Lauren's wound?
(a) A "tiny cut".
(b) A "cowboy wound".
(c) A "scratch".
(d) A "shark bite".
7. Who is Lauren's first convert?
8. What happens to Bankole's wife?
(a) She leaves him.
(b) She is beaten by robbers.
(c) She burns in a fire.
(d) She dies in a car accident.
9. How old is Zahra when she marries Richard?
10. Who is supposed to be keeping watch when the two intruders arrive?
11. What is Allie's son's name?
12. How does Lauren say she plans to travel?
(b) Without a gun.
(c) Disguised as a man.
(d) On a bike.
13. What does Harry give to Lauren in Chapter 16?
(b) His diary.
(c) The watch his mother gives him.
(d) His shoes.
14. What is Highway 101 once known as?
(a) El Camino Real.
(b) The Universal Highway.
(c) The Road.
(d) The Highway of Dreams.
15. What is Cory most upset about when she finds out it is stolen?
(a) Her shoes.
(b) Her sewing machine.
(c) Her money.
(d) Her favorite dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the neighborhood attackers get in?
2. What is the original purpose of the drug that Lauren's mother abuses?
3. What does Lauren tell Harry to buy in Chapter 19?
4. What does Lauren think is a problem for Zahra?
5. What is a street name for the drug that causes people to want to start fires?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)