|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Bankole headed?
(b) To Europe.
(c) To San Francisco.
(d) To Mexico.
2. What does Bankole think is crazy for Lauren to plan?
(a) To get married.
(b) To travel, even though she doesn't have to.
(c) To move to Olivar.
(d) To try and find her father.
3. What do the Solis' and the Mora's have in common with Lauren?
(a) They are sharers.
(b) They are from the same neighborhood.
(c) They want to move to Olivar.
(d) They also want to start a new belief system.
4. What church does Bankole attend?
(a) A Methodist church.
(b) He does not attend church.
(c) A Baptist church.
(d) A Catholic church.
5. In Chapter 17, what do Lauren, Harry and Zahra all see for the first time?
(a) A woman giving birth.
(b) People eating dogs.
(c) The ocean.
(d) Wild dogs.
6. What does Lauren think is a problem for Zahra?
(a) Her anger.
(b) Her good looks.
(c) Her money.
(d) Her loud voice.
7. Where is Justin from?
(c) San Francisco.
8. Where do the Montoyas relocate?
(d) Los Angeles.
9. What do Lauren and Bankole have in common?
(a) They both have African surnames.
(b) They both are from Robledo.
(c) They are both the children of preachers.
(d) They both have hyperempathy syndrome.
10. What is Hanning Joss?
(a) A secure store complex.
(b) A water treatment plant.
(c) A medical center.
(d) A school.
11. Why does the old man say he wants to join the group's fire?
(a) To roast a potato.
(b) To make tea.
(c) To get warm.
(d) To have some light.
12. Where does the group plan on resting for a day or two?
(b) San Louis Reservoir.
(c) San Francisco.
13. What does Curtis want Lauren to do?
(a) Move to Olivar with him.
(b) Go North without him.
(c) Marry him.
(d) Leave him.
14. Where does Lauren hide her money?
(a) In her shoe.
(b) Pinned inside her jeans.
(c) In her sleepsack.
(d) In her hat.
15. What is Tori's ethnic background?
(d) All answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Natividad say she is sure that the woman do?
2. How does the neighborhood attackers get in?
3. What is Highway 101 once known as?
4. Where is the best place to get clean, drinkable water?
5. Where is the Douglas family headed?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)