|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lauren's grandfather's last name originally?
2. What highway does the group travel with extreme caution?
(a) Highway 11.
(b) Route 66.
3. What is the "magic word" that Lauren says to the woman and child that makes them stay?
4. Where is Grayson born?
(a) Los Angeles.
5. How many children does Bankole's sister have?
6. In Chapter 17, what do Lauren, Harry and Zahra all see for the first time?
(a) Wild dogs.
(b) The ocean.
(c) People eating dogs.
(d) A woman giving birth.
7. Who does Lauren think the attackers are?
(b) Refugess from Olivar.
(d) Homeless people.
8. What does Natividad say she is sure that the woman do?
(a) Shoot them.
(c) Run anyway.
(d) Abandon her daughter.
9. Where does Allie and Jill run away from?
(b) San Francisco.
10. Who calls the fire department once the fire starts in the Payne-Parrish house?
(a) Kayla Talcott.
11. What does Zahra bring to Lauren and Harry?
(a) A pair of shoes.
12. Where is the best place to get clean, drinkable water?
(a) A commercial water station.
(b) A water peddler.
(c) A secure store.
(d) The ocean.
13. What do they see more of on this highway?
(c) Human bones.
(d) All answers are correct.
14. What is Natividad's job?
(a) She is a teacher.
(b) She is a police officer.
(c) She is a maid.
(d) She is a midwife.
15. Where is Bankole's "safe haven"?
(b) Cape Mendocino.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hours does the group decide to make each watch?
2. What happens to Bankole's wife?
3. How does Lauren say she plans to travel?
4. Where do the Montoyas relocate?
5. Where does Emery find the first money she ever has?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)