|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Allie and Jill related?
(a) They are mother and daugter.
(b) They are sisters.
(c) They are aunt and niece.
(d) They are not related by blood.
2. What does Bankole think is crazy for Lauren to plan?
(a) To try and find her father.
(b) To travel, even though she doesn't have to.
(c) To get married.
(d) To move to Olivar.
3. What is Lauren's grandfather's last name originally?
4. Where does Lauren hide her money?
(a) In her shoe.
(b) In her hat.
(c) Pinned inside her jeans.
(d) In her sleepsack.
5. What does Zahra's brother Marcus say sharers a good as?
6. What is the original purpose of the drug that Lauren's mother abuses?
(a) To treat Alzheimer's disease.
(b) For pregnant women.
(c) It is an aspirin substitute.
(d) To stop motion sickness.
7. What do Lauren and Bankole have in common?
(a) They both are from Robledo.
(b) They both have African surnames.
(c) They are both the children of preachers.
(d) They both have hyperempathy syndrome.
8. What does Bankole say is different from the 1990's?
(a) People have less money then.
(b) People have more money then.
(c) People are in worse health then.
(d) The climate is worse then.
9. Who is Lauren's first convert?
10. Where does the radio say that people should stay away from?
(b) The Bay Area.
(c) Los Angeles.
11. Why does the old man say he wants to join the group's fire?
(a) To get warm.
(b) To have some light.
(c) To roast a potato.
(d) To make tea.
12. What is a street name for the drug that causes people to want to start fires?
(b) All answers are correct.
13. What is Highway 101 once known as?
(a) The Highway of Dreams.
(b) The Road.
(c) The Universal Highway.
(d) El Camino Real.
14. What does Zahra bring to Lauren and Harry?
(a) A pair of shoes.
15. What do they see more of on this highway?
(b) Human bones.
(d) All answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry call Lauren's wound?
2. Where does the group plan on resting for a day or two?
3. Where is the best place to get clean, drinkable water?
4. Where is the Douglas family headed?
5. What does Lauren tell Harry to buy in Chapter 19?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)