|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lauren and Zahra's mothers have in common?
(a) They are both teachers.
(b) They are both homeless.
(c) They both take drugs.
(d) They are both from Texas.
2. What does Natividad say she is sure that the woman do?
(b) Run anyway.
(c) Abandon her daughter.
(d) Shoot them.
3. What do Lauren and Bankole have in common?
(a) They both have African surnames.
(b) They are both the children of preachers.
(c) They both are from Robledo.
(d) They both have hyperempathy syndrome.
4. What does Lauren tell Harry to buy in Chapter 19?
(a) Fresh water.
(b) A gun.
(d) New shoes.
5. Who is supposed to be keeping watch when the two intruders arrive?
6. What makes it easier for the group to fit in?
(a) Having kids with them.
(b) Having guns.
(c) They have money.
(d) They are sharing their food.
7. What does Lauren think the movers from KSF look like?
(a) Homeless people.
(c) Her family.
8. What does the second law of thermodynamics have to do with?
(a) Space travel.
9. How many hours does the group decide to make each watch?
10. Who is Bankole's rival for Lauren's affections?
11. Who is Jill carrying when she is killed?
12. What changes the peaceful beach scene?
(a) A throng of wild dogs.
(b) There is a fire.
(c) An attack by a group of Paints.
(d) The police come.
13. What highway does the group travel with extreme caution?
(b) Route 66.
(c) Highway 11.
14. Where is Grayson born?
(d) Los Angeles.
15. Where is Bankole headed?
(a) To Mexico.
(b) To San Francisco.
(d) To Europe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Natividad calm the child that Bankole rescues?
2. Who calls the fire department once the fire starts in the Payne-Parrish house?
3. What is Lauren's grandfather's last name originally?
4. How much money does the group get from the four dead men?
5. Where is Bankole's "safe haven"?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)