|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lauren say she plans to travel?
(b) Without a gun.
(c) On a bike.
(d) Disguised as a man.
2. What is the "magic word" that Lauren says to the woman and child that makes them stay?
3. How old is Zahra when she marries Richard?
4. Who is Jill carrying when she is killed?
5. What is Travis' mother's job?
(a) She is a teacher.
(b) She is an astronaut.
(c) She is a live-in cook.
(d) She is a police officer.
6. What is Hanning Joss?
(a) A medical center.
(b) A water treatment plant.
(c) A school.
(d) A secure store complex.
7. What does Harry call Lauren's wound?
(a) A "scratch".
(b) A "shark bite".
(c) A "tiny cut".
(d) A "cowboy wound".
8. What does the second law of thermodynamics have to do with?
(c) Space travel.
9. What do the Solis' and the Mora's have in common with Lauren?
(a) They are sharers.
(b) They also want to start a new belief system.
(c) They are from the same neighborhood.
(d) They want to move to Olivar.
10. Where does Lauren hide her money?
(a) In her sleepsack.
(b) In her hat.
(c) In her shoe.
(d) Pinned inside her jeans.
11. What is Allie's son's name?
12. What is Lauren's grandfather's last name originally?
13. How do you get a license to peddle?
(a) You need to give a reference.
(b) You need a receipt from the store.
(c) You need to pay off a guard.
(d) You need to buy a gun.
14. How much money does the group get from the four dead men?
15. In Chapter 17, what do Lauren, Harry and Zahra all see for the first time?
(a) Wild dogs.
(b) A woman giving birth.
(c) People eating dogs.
(d) The ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Natividad calm the child that Bankole rescues?
2. What city does the group pass through without incident?
3. What church does Bankole attend?
4. What is a street name for the drug that causes people to want to start fires?
5. What does Zahra want Lauren to teach her?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)