|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Wardell Parrish and Rosalee Payne related?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are twins.
(c) They are married.
(d) They are father and daughter.
2. What are Lauren and her stepmother doing outside in Lauren's dream?
(a) Taking the laundry from the clothesline.
(c) Watering the garden.
(d) Patrolling the grounds for thieves.
3. What company takes over the town of Olivar?
(b) The U.S. Government.
(c) Smith Consolidated.
4. What does Lauren's stepmother say we can afford?
(d) The stars.
5. What is Lauren's sermon about?
6. Who else besides Lauren does not cry over Keith's death?
(c) Her father.
7. What is water become more expensive than?
8. Who teaches the martial arts classes to the neighborhood?
(a) Reverend Olamina.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Montoya.
(d) Mr. Hsu.
9. How many children live in the Yannis household?
10. How old is Lauren in the dream she has of being with her stepmother?
11. How does Mrs. Sims die?
(a) She drowns.
(b) She shoots herself.
(c) She gets hit by a car.
(d) She is murdered.
12. Where is the astronaut who dies on a mission going to?
(b) The moon.
13. What is stolen from Keith?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His key.
(d) His clothes.
14. What do Cory and Rev. Olamina only drink on special occasions?
(b) Fresh water.
15. Who does the astronomy book that Lauren learns the constellations from belong to?
(a) Her father's mother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her stepmother.
(d) Her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the garden thieves take from the Hsu and Talcott homes?
2. What song does Kayla sing at the service?
3. Why does Keith say that his friends on the outside find him useful?
4. How many wives does Richard Moss have?
5. Where is the man that Keith steals from on the freeway headed?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)