|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many years does Lauren's dad live in Los Angeles?
(a) Two years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Twenty one years.
(d) Six months.
2. Why does the group from the neighborhood go into the hills?
(a) For target practice.
(b) To find water.
(c) To locate a missing person.
(d) To capture a dog.
3. What do the garden thieves take from the Hsu and Talcott homes?
(a) Citrus fruits.
4. What company takes over the town of Olivar?
(a) Smith Consolidated.
(b) The U.S. Government.
5. What does Keith bring back for Cory?
6. When does Lauren have her recurring dream?
(a) When she is excited.
(b) When she struggles.
(c) When she is content.
(d) When she is frightened.
7. How many of the seven latest intrusions into the neighborhood are successful?
8. What does Lauren's stepmother say we can afford?
(b) The stars.
9. What kind of roofs do the houses have?
(b) Spanish tile.
(d) Asphalt shingles.
10. What does Lauren plan to do for Amy?
(a) Throw her a birthday party.
(b) Run away with her.
(c) Buy her a puppy.
(d) Give her more food.
11. What does Keith come back with the next time he runs away?
(d) New clothes.
12. What drug does Lauren's mother take while she is pregnant with Lauren?
13. How many wives does Richard Moss have?
14. Why does Keith say that his friends on the outside find him useful?
(a) Because he reads and writes.
(b) Because he has money.
(c) Because he gets them drugs.
(d) Because he has a gun.
15. What family is affected by the latest robbery, in Chapter 11?
(a) The Hsus.
(b) The Balters.
(c) The Dunns.
(d) The Cruz family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the astronomy book that Lauren learns the constellations from belong to?
2. How does Mrs. Sims die?
3. How is Keith killed?
4. What is water become more expensive than?
5. What does Keith take with him the next time he runs away?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)