|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Keith say that his friends on the outside find him useful?
(a) Because he gets them drugs.
(b) Because he has money.
(c) Because he reads and writes.
(d) Because he has a gun.
2. What does Lauren plan to do for Amy?
(a) Give her more food.
(b) Buy her a puppy.
(c) Run away with her.
(d) Throw her a birthday party.
3. What does Keith give to Lauren on her birthday?
(a) New clothes.
(d) A book.
4. What is Lauren's stepmother's first language?
5. How many television sets are left in the neighborhood?
6. How does Keith get out of the gates?
(a) He goes out with his father.
(b) He steals his mother's key.
(c) Lauren lets him out.
(d) He jumps the fence.
7. Whose books is Lauren reading?
(a) Jay Garfield's.
(c) Her father's.
(d) Curtis Talcott's.
8. Where does Lauren's dad usually hold his services?
(a) On the street.
(b) In their house.
(c) At the University.
(d) In a church.
9. How does Amy die?
(a) From hunger.
(b) By a stray bullet.
(c) She is hit by a car.
(d) She is killed by a feral dog.
10. Who else besides Lauren does not cry over Keith's death?
(d) Her father.
11. What does Reverend Olamina do when Keith returns?
(a) He beats him.
(b) He hugs him.
(c) He makes him apologize to the congregation again.
(d) He tells him to leave.
12. How old is Lauren's brother Keith?
13. What does Keith come back with the next time he runs away?
(d) New clothes.
14. When does Lauren have her recurring dream?
(a) When she is frightened.
(b) When she struggles.
(c) When she is excited.
(d) When she is content.
15. How much money does Lauren save?
(a) Almost $1000.00.
(d) Almost $50.00.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joanne's father believe causes the climate change?
2. Who are the only people who still keep dogs?
3. What does Lauren suggest she and Joanne make?
4. What is Lauren's favorite book of the Bible?
5. What family is moving to Olivar?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)