|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do most families in the neighborhood get their news?
(a) From the newspaper.
(b) From the Internet.
(c) By radio.
(d) From travelling news reporters.
2. Why does Lauren's father say he doesn't go North?
(a) He hates the North.
(b) He doesn't know anyone there.
(c) It is too cold.
(d) There aren't any jobs.
3. Whose books is Lauren reading?
(b) Jay Garfield's.
(c) Curtis Talcott's.
(d) Her father's.
4. What is special about the water used for the baptism?
(a) It is free.
(b) It is colored blue.
(c) It is fresh and clean.
(d) It is bought by Lauren herself.
5. What is the newest Cabinet Department in the United States Government?
(a) The Department of Water Preservation.
(b) The Department of Astronautics.
(c) The Department of Fire Safety.
(d) The Department of Crime Reduction.
6. What is Lauren's stepmother's first language?
7. How many wives does Richard Moss have?
8. What does Lauren see in the sky?
(a) A satellite.
(b) An eclipse.
(c) A storm cloud.
(d) A meteor.
9. Where does Keith want to move to?
(a) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
10. How many people are killed in the storm in the Gulf of Mexico?
11. Who rings the emergency bell after the fire starts?
(b) Amy Dunn.
(c) Tracy Dunn.
(d) Robin Balter.
12. What does Lauren wish she takes with her on her journey?
(a) A gun.
(b) Her father.
(d) Her writings.
13. What do the garden thieves take from the Hsu and Talcott homes?
(a) Citrus fruits.
14. How many television sets are left in the neighborhood?
15. What denomination of minister is Lauren's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Reverend Olamina usually travel to work?
2. Why doesn't Aura go out for target practice anymore?
3. Why does Keith say that his friends on the outside find him useful?
4. How does Amy die?
5. What does Lauren's stepmother say we can afford?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)