|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lauren plan to go when she leaves the neighborhood?
(a) To Olivar.
2. What family is affected by the latest robbery, in Chapter 11?
(a) The Balters.
(b) The Cruz family.
(c) The Hsus.
(d) The Dunns.
3. Where does Keith want to move to?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
4. How is Keith killed?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He overdoses.
(c) He is tortured to death.
(d) He is attacked by dogs.
5. Why doesn't Aura go out for target practice anymore?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She accidentally shoots someone.
(c) Her father doesn't let her.
(d) She sees a corpse.
6. How much money does Keith steal from a man on the freeway?
7. Who teaches the martial arts classes to the neighborhood?
(b) Reverend Olamina.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Montoya.
(d) Mr. Hsu.
8. What does Lauren wish she takes with her on her journey?
(b) A gun.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her writings.
9. What doesn't Lauren's stepmother see when she is a girl?
(b) The ocean.
(c) The moon.
(d) City lights.
10. How old is Lauren's brother Keith?
11. Who becomes pregnant in the neighborhood?
(b) Aura Moss.
(d) Bianca Montoya.
12. What disorder does Lauren suffer from?
(c) Hyperempathy syndrome.
13. What is Keith allowed to do with the BB gun?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Go to target practice.
(c) Participate in the neighborhood watch.
(d) Shoot small animals.
14. What is stolen from Keith?
(a) His shoes.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) His key.
(d) His clothes.
15. What does Joanne's father believe causes the climate change?
(b) Industrial pollution.
(d) Too many cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lauren decide to call her belief system?
2. What is the newest Cabinet Department in the United States Government?
3. What family is moving to Olivar?
4. How does Amy die?
5. What does Lauren say "can be our future"?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)