|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the garden thieves take from the Hsu and Talcott homes?
(c) Citrus fruits.
2. How is Keith killed?
(a) He overdoses.
(b) He is tortured to death.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He is attacked by dogs.
3. Where is the astronaut who dies on a mission going to?
(b) The moon.
4. How many television sets are left in the neighborhood?
5. Which of Richard Moss' wives holds the official marriage license?
(b) None of them.
6. What does Keith bring back for Cory?
7. What kind of animal does Richard Moss raise?
8. What does Lauren say "can be our future"?
(b) Water preservation.
9. Why does Lauren's father say he doesn't go North?
(a) He doesn't know anyone there.
(b) There aren't any jobs.
(c) He hates the North.
(d) It is too cold.
10. How are Wardell Parrish and Rosalee Payne related?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are married.
(c) They are father and daughter.
(d) They are twins.
11. What is Lauren's favorite book of the Bible?
12. How many people are killed in the storm in the Gulf of Mexico?
13. Why does Cory think the family should move to Olivar?
(a) The children go to good schools.
(b) It is safer.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) The children get jobs with the company.
14. For how many years does Lauren's dad live in Los Angeles?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Twenty one years.
15. What disease is killing people in New Jersey and New York?
(c) The plague.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes pregnant in the neighborhood?
2. How does Reverend Olamina usually travel to work?
3. Where do most families in the neighborhood get their news?
4. What does Keith get for his birthday?
5. What kind of roofs do the houses have?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)