|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lauren plan to go when she leaves the neighborhood?
(c) To Olivar.
2. Whose books is Lauren reading?
(b) Jay Garfield's.
(c) Curtis Talcott's.
(d) Her father's.
3. What family is moving to Olivar?
(a) The Hsus.
(b) The Olaminas.
(c) The Garfields.
(d) The Balters.
4. What is Reverend Olamina's sermon about after Keith returns home?
(a) The Parable of the Sower.
(c) The Ten Commandments.
5. What family has the last remaining Window Wall in the neighborhood?
(a) The Yannises.
(b) The Olaminas.
(c) The Hsus.
(d) The Dunns.
6. What are Lauren and her stepmother doing outside in Lauren's dream?
(a) Taking the laundry from the clothesline.
(c) Watering the garden.
(d) Patrolling the grounds for thieves.
7. Why does Keith say that his friends on the outside find him useful?
(a) Because he gets them drugs.
(b) Because he has money.
(c) Because he reads and writes.
(d) Because he has a gun.
8. Where does Keith want to move to?
(a) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
9. Why does the group from the neighborhood go into the hills?
(a) To find water.
(b) To capture a dog.
(c) To locate a missing person.
(d) For target practice.
10. Why doesn't Aura go out for target practice anymore?
(a) She sees a corpse.
(b) She accidentally shoots someone.
(c) Her father doesn't let her.
(d) She is pregnant.
11. What does Lauren recommend Joanne do while she reads?
(a) Listen to the radio.
(b) Take notes.
(c) Read out loud.
(d) All answers are correct.
12. What does Keith come back with the next time he runs away?
(a) New clothes.
13. What types of books is Lauren reading?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Books about native plants.
(c) Books about survival.
(d) Books about guns.
14. Where is the man that Keith steals from on the freeway headed?
15. How does Reverend Olamina usually travel to work?
(a) By bike.
(b) He takes a public transportation system.
(c) In a carpool.
(d) He walks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Lauren's brother Keith?
2. How many television sets are left in the neighborhood?
3. How are Wardell Parrish and Rosalee Payne related?
4. How many children live in the Yannis household?
5. What family is affected by the latest robbery, in Chapter 11?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)