|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Lauren in the dream she has of being with her stepmother?
2. Why does Lauren's father say he doesn't go North?
(a) It is too cold.
(b) He doesn't know anyone there.
(c) He hates the North.
(d) There aren't any jobs.
3. Whose books is Lauren reading?
(a) Jay Garfield's.
(c) Curtis Talcott's.
(d) Her father's.
4. How many children live in the Yannis household?
5. How many television sets are left in the neighborhood?
6. Where is the man that Keith steals from on the freeway headed?
7. What are Lauren and her stepmother doing outside in Lauren's dream?
(a) Patrolling the grounds for thieves.
(c) Taking the laundry from the clothesline.
(d) Watering the garden.
8. Which of Richard Moss' wives holds the official marriage license?
(c) None of them.
9. What family is moving to Olivar?
(a) The Garfields.
(b) The Hsus.
(c) The Balters.
(d) The Olaminas.
10. Who does Lauren's father vote for in the Presidential election?
(d) He doesn't vote.
11. What kind of animal does Richard Moss raise?
12. What disease is running rampant in southern Mississippi and Louisiana?
(b) The plague.
13. Who rings the emergency bell after the fire starts?
(a) Robin Balter.
(c) Tracy Dunn.
(d) Amy Dunn.
14. How are Wardell Parrish and Rosalee Payne related?
(a) They are twins.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are father and daughter.
(d) They are married.
15. What is the book about that Lauren lends to Joanne?
(a) Native plants used by California Indians.
(b) Local foods.
(c) Ammunition types.
(d) Hidden routes north.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lauren wish she takes with her on her journey?
2. At least how many guns does each household in the neighborhood have?
3. How much money does Lauren save?
4. Where is the astronaut who dies on a mission going to?
5. Where does Lauren's dad usually hold his services?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)