|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What denomination of minister is Lauren's father?
2. How many children live in the Yannis household?
3. Who wins the Presidential election?
4. What does Keith bring back for Cory?
5. Who else besides Lauren does not cry over Keith's death?
(a) Her father.
6. What kind of animal does Richard Moss raise?
7. Who does the astronomy book that Lauren learns the constellations from belong to?
(a) Her father's mother.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her stepmother.
8. How does Amy die?
(a) By a stray bullet.
(b) She is hit by a car.
(c) From hunger.
(d) She is killed by a feral dog.
9. What do Lauren and her father have in common?
(a) They both have the same favorite authors.
(b) They share the same first name.
(c) They share the same birthday.
(d) They look exactly alike.
10. Where does Lauren store her emergency pack?
(a) In a tree.
(b) In pillowcases.
(c) At Joanne's house.
(d) In an abandoned garage.
11. What family has the last remaining Window Wall in the neighborhood?
(a) The Dunns.
(b) The Olaminas.
(c) The Hsus.
(d) The Yannises.
12. What do the garden thieves take from the Hsu and Talcott homes?
(b) Citrus fruits.
13. How much money does Lauren save?
(a) Almost $50.00.
(d) Almost $1000.00.
14. Who teaches the martial arts classes to the neighborhood?
(a) Reverend Olamina.
(b) Mr. Hsu.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Montoya.
15. What does Lauren do to the dog at the end of Chapter Four?
(a) Pets it.
(b) Captures it.
(c) Feeds it.
(d) Shoots it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Richard Moss' wives holds the official marriage license?
2. What does Lauren's stepmother say we can afford?
3. What song does Kayla sing at the service?
4. How many people are killed in the storm in the Gulf of Mexico?
5. How many television sets are left in the neighborhood?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)