|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Reverend Olamina's sermon about after Keith returns home?
(b) The Ten Commandments.
(d) The Parable of the Sower.
2. What kind of animal does Richard Moss raise?
3. How many of the seven latest intrusions into the neighborhood are successful?
4. What does Lauren's stepmother say we can afford?
(c) The stars.
5. What does Keith take with him the next time he runs away?
(b) His father's keys.
(c) Lauren's emergency pack.
(d) A gun.
6. Who does Lauren's father vote for in the Presidential election?
(d) He doesn't vote.
7. When does Lauren have her recurring dream?
(a) When she is frightened.
(b) When she is excited.
(c) When she is content.
(d) When she struggles.
8. What is Lauren's sermon about?
9. Which of Richard Moss' wives holds the official marriage license?
(c) None of them.
10. What does Lauren want to call the emergency packs?
(a) Preparedness packs.
(b) Survival packs.
(c) Earthquake packs.
(d) First aid kits.
11. Why does Lauren's father say he doesn't go North?
(a) He hates the North.
(b) He doesn't know anyone there.
(c) There aren't any jobs.
(d) It is too cold.
12. At least how many guns does each household in the neighborhood have?
13. What does Lauren do to the dog at the end of Chapter Four?
(a) Pets it.
(b) Captures it.
(c) Feeds it.
(d) Shoots it.
14. Why doesn't Reverend Olamina think the company accepts them?
(a) They don't want a minister's family.
(b) They are overeducated.
(c) They are a Black and Hispanic family.
(d) They are too poor.
15. What does Lauren suggest she and Joanne make?
(a) Acorn bread.
(b) Emergency packs.
(c) New clothes.
(d) A time capsule.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Aura go out for target practice anymore?
2. What family has the last remaining Window Wall in the neighborhood?
3. What is stolen from Keith?
4. What denomination of minister is Lauren's father?
5. Who is Lauren's boyfriend?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)