|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Amy die?
(a) By a stray bullet.
(b) She is killed by a feral dog.
(c) She is hit by a car.
(d) From hunger.
2. How many television sets are left in the neighborhood?
3. What does Keith take with him the next time he runs away?
(a) A gun.
(c) His father's keys.
(d) Lauren's emergency pack.
4. Why does Cory think the family should move to Olivar?
(a) The children get jobs with the company.
(b) The children go to good schools.
(c) It is safer.
(d) All answers are correct.
5. What do Cory and Rev. Olamina only drink on special occasions?
(c) Fresh water.
6. Why does Mrs. Sims live alone?
(a) Because all of her family moves away.
(b) Because her husband leaves her.
(c) Because her house is very small.
(d) Because she doesn't get along with her daughter-in-law.
7. What does Lauren recommend Joanne do while she reads?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Take notes.
(c) Read out loud.
(d) Listen to the radio.
8. What does Joanne's father believe causes the climate change?
(a) Industrial pollution.
(d) Too many cars.
9. How old is Lauren on her birthday?
10. How many people are killed in the storm in the Gulf of Mexico?
11. What is Lauren's stepmother's first language?
12. Where does Keith want to move to?
(b) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
13. How long does Lauren think her money lasts?
(a) About a month.
(b) For a year.
(c) About two weeks.
(d) A day.
14. What kind of roofs do the houses have?
(a) Asphalt shingles.
(c) Spanish tile.
15. What is Reverend Olamina's sermon about after Keith returns home?
(b) The Parable of the Sower.
(d) The Ten Commandments.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lauren's stepmother's mother tell her stars are?
2. Why does Keith say that his friends on the outside find him useful?
3. What is water become more expensive than?
4. Why doesn't Reverend Olamina think the company accepts them?
5. What are Lauren and her stepmother doing outside in Lauren's dream?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)