|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else besides Lauren does not cry over Keith's death?
(a) Her father.
2. What is special about the water used for the baptism?
(a) It is free.
(b) It is colored blue.
(c) It is bought by Lauren herself.
(d) It is fresh and clean.
3. What is Reverend Olamina's sermon about after Keith returns home?
(a) The Ten Commandments.
(c) The Parable of the Sower.
4. Where is the astronaut who dies on a mission going to?
(c) The moon.
5. What does Lauren decide to call her belief system?
(b) The Way.
(d) The Sower System.
6. What kind of animal does Richard Moss raise?
7. What is Lauren's stepmother's first language?
8. Why does Mrs. Sims live alone?
(a) Because all of her family moves away.
(b) Because her husband leaves her.
(c) Because her house is very small.
(d) Because she doesn't get along with her daughter-in-law.
9. What song does Kayla sing at the service?
(a) "We Shall Not be Moved".
(b) "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot."
(c) "We Shall Overcome".
(d) "Battle Hymn of the Republic".
10. What doesn't Lauren's stepmother see when she is a girl?
(a) The moon.
(b) City lights.
(d) The ocean.
11. What does the group, searching in the hills, find in the tree branches?
(a) A man's severed arm.
(b) A dead child.
(c) Lauren's father.
(d) A dead dog.
12. What does Rev. Olamina call Lauren that makes her think she is "close to trouble"?
(a) Her full name.
(c) Her mother's name.
13. In Lauren's dream, what does she do when her stepmother isn't watching?
(a) She eats a piece of fruit.
(b) She cries.
(c) She steals some money.
(d) She falls into the basket of clothes.
14. What are Lauren and her stepmother doing outside in Lauren's dream?
(a) Taking the laundry from the clothesline.
(c) Patrolling the grounds for thieves.
(d) Watering the garden.
15. What kind of roofs do the houses have?
(b) Asphalt shingles.
(d) Spanish tile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lauren's sermon about?
2. What does Keith bring back for Cory?
3. Who wins the Presidential election?
4. What is Lauren's favorite book of the Bible?
5. What does Keith give to Lauren on her birthday?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)