|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lauren's sermon about?
2. What does Lauren see in the sky?
(a) A satellite.
(b) An eclipse.
(c) A storm cloud.
(d) A meteor.
3. What family is affected by the latest robbery, in Chapter 11?
(a) The Dunns.
(b) The Cruz family.
(c) The Balters.
(d) The Hsus.
4. How many people are killed in the storm in the Gulf of Mexico?
5. What denomination of minister is Lauren's father?
6. What does Keith come back with the next time he runs away?
(c) New clothes.
7. What does Lauren recommend Joanne do while she reads?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Take notes.
(c) Listen to the radio.
(d) Read out loud.
8. What does Reverend Olamina do when Keith returns?
(a) He tells him to leave.
(b) He hugs him.
(c) He makes him apologize to the congregation again.
(d) He beats him.
9. What kind of roofs do the houses have?
(a) Asphalt shingles.
(b) Spanish tile.
10. When does Lauren have her recurring dream?
(a) When she is content.
(b) When she struggles.
(c) When she is excited.
(d) When she is frightened.
11. What company takes over the town of Olivar?
(b) The U.S. Government.
(c) Smith Consolidated.
12. How much money does Keith steal from a man on the freeway?
13. What does the group, searching in the hills, find in the tree branches?
(a) Lauren's father.
(b) A man's severed arm.
(c) A dead dog.
(d) A dead child.
14. How many children live in the Yannis household?
15. What does Keith take with him the next time he runs away?
(a) His father's keys.
(b) A gun.
(d) Lauren's emergency pack.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Reverend Olamina usually travel to work?
2. What does Lauren's stepmother's mother tell her stars are?
3. Where does Lauren's dad usually hold his services?
4. What disease is killing people in New Jersey and New York?
5. Who does the astronomy book that Lauren learns the constellations from belong to?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)