Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Papillon have to hide during his escape plan?
2. Papillon points out that there are male prisoners living _______________________.
3. Where does the torpedo ship land?
4. Who becomes Papillon's new friend at the new prison?
5. What is the name of the animal that Papillon has to lead to the sea?
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment and then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the book. Why do the penal colony prisoners have especially lonely lives? Is that designed by the authorities to make the punishments especially trying? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 3
What was the symbolism of the butterfly tattoo on Papillon's chest? What did it represent to Papillon? Why did Papillon choose a butterfly instead of some other image? Explain.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)