|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the sharks know to come near the prison to eat the corpses?
2. Papillon says that it is a role of survival to have _________________ at all times.
3. Papillon and his cohorts end up on the coast of which country?
4. How many years of solitary confinement does Papillon receive for killing the man in #116?
5. What is the name of the prison where Papillon and his cohorts are taken?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years after the end of the book and write a brief synopsis for Papillon's life. Be sure to incorporate geographical, personal, political and cultural impacts.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment and then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Although the prisoners are outside the ring of acceptable society, they do have a sort of societal structure and code of conduct. Explain how the prisoners organize themselves and how they create their own little society. What behaviors are accepted and which are not within the prison society? Explain.
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)