|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Papillon have to hide during his escape plan?
2. Papillon points out that there are male prisoners living _______________________.
3. Where does the torpedo ship land?
4. Who becomes Papillon's new friend at the new prison?
5. What is the name of the animal that Papillon has to lead to the sea?
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment and then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Charriere was a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)