Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Papillon have to hide during his escape plan?
2. Papillon points out that there are male prisoners living _______________________.
3. Where does the torpedo ship land?
4. Who becomes Papillon's new friend at the new prison?
5. What is the name of the animal that Papillon has to lead to the sea?
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment and then cite an example to support your answers.
Charriere was a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Hatred takes on an almost human persona in second part of the book. What was the source of the hatred? Why was the hatred pervasive? What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)