|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the torpedo ship that Papillon and the others see?
2. What does Papillon say is one of the dangers of life in prison?
(a) Alienating the guards.
(b) Eating rotten meat.
(c) The cold, wet living conditions.
(d) A false sense of security.
3. Why does Papillon refuse to come closer to the torpedo ship?
(a) His smaller boat will be broken to pieces.
(b) He doesn't know if it is an enemy ship.
(c) He does not want to be sent back to the bagne.
(d) He thinks it would fire on him.
4. What is the name of the prison where Papillon and his cohorts are taken?
(a) El Dante.
(b) El Diablo.
(c) El Dorado.
(d) El Durand.
5. Who does Papillon invite to join him in his escape?
(a) Edward Garnier.
(b) Frederic Dupont.
(c) Matthieu Carbonieri.
(d) Jacques Chevalier.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many others join Papillon on another cavale?
2. The new warden tells Papillon that Papillon is to work with __________________.
3. What happens to Salvida during the escape attempt?
4. How long is Papillon to live in the rural area to complete his deal?
5. The new warden asks Papillon not to attempt an escape for ________________ and then the warden would be gone.
Short Essay Questions
1. How much of his eight-year sentence does Papillon end up serving?
2. How does Carbonieri die and what rule of survival does Papillon say that Carbonieri failed to uphold?
3. Where does Papillon and Carbonieri bury the raft pieces during the time they are working on it and what is the method they are going to use to keep the raft afloat?
4. What are the terms of Papillon's being set free?
5. What is Papillon's idea to prevent the sharks from consuming Carbonieri's body?
6. What is the fishing village where Papillon and his cohorts live and where do the police eventually take them?
7. How does Papillon know that the revolt at the Royale prison has taken place and how does Papillon intervene to get the situation calmed down with the warden?
8. How does Papillon end his story?
9. What happens to the three prisoners who come to Papillon with the plan for a revolt at Royale prison?
10. Describe Papillon's rescue by the torpedo ship.
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)