|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what is Papillon working in "A Raft in a Tomb"?
(a) His next escape plan.
(b) Boat repairs.
(c) An organic garden.
(d) A prison library.
2. What is the name of the prison where Papillon and his cohorts are taken?
(a) El Dorado.
(b) El Durand.
(c) El Diablo.
(d) El Dante.
3. Who does Papillon kill for squealing about Papillon's escape?
(a) Bebert Celier.
(b) Thierry Bessette.
(c) Remy Boutin.
(d) Serge Bertrand.
4. Why is Papillon set free after only 19 months of an eight-year sentence?
(a) He is teaching the warden's son how to speak German.
(b) He tries to save a young girl from a shark attack.
(c) He gets a reprieve from the king.
(d) He is ill and needs fresh air to live.
5. Papillon and his cohorts end up on the coast of which country?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year is Papillon transferred to another island?
2. What do Papillon and the others encounter a few days after their journey?
3. Papillon's time in the insane asylum is put down as _____________________.
4. How does Papillon know that this escape attempt is a success?
5. Where does the torpedo ship land?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the war play a part in Papillon's rescue?
2. Who is the new warden at the Royale prison and what job does he give to Papillon?
3. What are Papillon's plans for surviving the eight-year stint of solitary confinement?
4. How does Carbonieri die and what rule of survival does Papillon say that Carbonieri failed to uphold?
5. Why does Papillon initiate a new escape plan and who does he enlist to help him?
6. What happens to the three prisoners who come to Papillon with the plan for a revolt at Royale prison?
7. Where does Papillon land after a departure from Georgetown?
8. What are the terms of Papillon's being set free?
9. What is Papillon's new escape plan to get off of Diable?
10. What is Papillon's idea to prevent the sharks from consuming Carbonieri's body?
This section contains 1,054 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)