|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Papillon utilize to make the raft float?
(d) Inner tubes.
2. What does Diable mean?
(c) Devil's Island.
3. What is the name of the torpedo ship that Papillon and the others see?
4. How long is Papillon to live in the rural area to complete his deal?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Four weeks.
5. Papillon points out that there are male prisoners living _______________________.
(a) In squalor.
(b) Without speaking to anyone.
(c) Like animals.
(d) As husband and wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Papillon invite to join him in his escape?
2. Why is Papillon saddled with the mentally and physically challenged man?
3. Papillon buries pieces of the raft in the garden and in __________________.
4. Papillon and his cohorts end up on the coast of which country?
5. Who becomes Papillon's new friend at the new prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Papillon know that the revolt at the Royale prison has taken place and how does Papillon intervene to get the situation calmed down with the warden?
2. How does the war play a part in Papillon's rescue?
3. What is the fishing village where Papillon and his cohorts live and where do the police eventually take them?
4. How much of his eight-year sentence does Papillon end up serving?
5. What are the terms of Papillon's being set free?
6. Describe Papillon's escape attempt with a man named Romeo Salvida and how the insane asylum is a critical part of the plan?
7. How does Carbonieri die and what rule of survival does Papillon say that Carbonieri failed to uphold?
8. How does Papillon manage to get transferred back to Diable where his chances of escape are more favorable?
9. Where does Papillon land after a departure from Georgetown?
10. What is Papillon's sole concern upon being rescued and where is he taken?
This section contains 1,138 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)