|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do some of the prisoners hope for when they hear rumors of civil unrest in France?
(a) That prisoners will get better treatment from a new government.
(b) That the prisoners' sentences will be commuted.
(c) That the prisoners will be set free to become soldiers.
(d) That a democratic government will be installed.
2. Which prisoner agrees to escape with Papillon this time?
3. How many others join Papillon on another cavale?
4. How long does Papillon have to stay in the area before he can go free?
(a) Three years.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Ninety days.
5. Who is acquitted of his role in Papillon's escape attempt?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the new warden now in charge of the Royale bagne?
2. What does Papillon bribe those who dish out the food to do for him?
3. To which island is Papillon granted a transfer?
4. What does Papillon name the large sized waves that he will need in his escape?
5. Papillon is so affected by Carobnieri's death that he ___________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the new warden at the Royale prison and what job does he give to Papillon?
2. How does the war play a part in Papillon's rescue?
3. What happens to the three prisoners who come to Papillon with the plan for a revolt at Royale prison?
4. How does Papillon end his story?
5. How does Carbonieri die and what rule of survival does Papillon say that Carbonieri failed to uphold?
6. Describe Papillon's escape attempt with a man named Romeo Salvida and how the insane asylum is a critical part of the plan?
7. How does Papillon know that the revolt at the Royale prison has taken place and how does Papillon intervene to get the situation calmed down with the warden?
8. Where does Papillon and Carbonieri bury the raft pieces during the time they are working on it and what is the method they are going to use to keep the raft afloat?
9. What reasons can Papillon give for Sylvain's demise and what selfish thought does Papillon harbor then?
10. Where does Papillon land after a departure from Georgetown?
This section contains 1,270 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)