|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which man comes to Papillon with a plan for escape?
(a) Vincent Boulange.
(b) Pascal Gaudet.
(c) Romeo Salvida.
(d) Jacques Fournier.
2. Papillon says that it is a role of survival to have _________________ at all times.
(a) A knife.
3. What is Papillon's response when three prisoners come to him with a plan for a revolt?
(a) He wants to join in.
(b) He wants to be the leader.
(c) He wants to think about it.
(d) He discourages them.
4. How many years of solitary confinement does Papillon receive for killing the man in #116?
5. What tires Papillon soon while living in the location in #164?
(a) There are very few women.
(b) There is no night life.
(c) He cannot get any radio reception.
(d) Constant brushes with the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Papillon tells the guards to have him admitted to the insane asylum?
2. What is the name of the prison where Papillon and his cohorts are taken?
3. What precious stones do the prisoners find?
4. To which of the penal colony islands are the three organizers of the revolt sent?
5. Who is the new warden now in charge of the Royale bagne?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Papillon's rescue by the torpedo ship.
2. For what reason is Papillon sentenced to eight years in solitary confinement?
3. What does Papillon call the "extraordinary" change in his character?
4. What is Papillon's sole concern upon being rescued and where is he taken?
5. Describe Papillon's escape attempt with a man named Romeo Salvida and how the insane asylum is a critical part of the plan?
6. How does Papillon manage to get transferred back to Diable where his chances of escape are more favorable?
7. Where does Papillon land after a departure from Georgetown?
8. How much of his eight-year sentence does Papillon end up serving?
9. What is Papillon's idea to prevent the sharks from consuming Carbonieri's body?
10. How does Carbonieri die and what rule of survival does Papillon say that Carbonieri failed to uphold?
This section contains 1,161 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)