|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The man in #139 plans to tie ________________ together to serve as a raft.
(b) Milk bottles.
2. Who becomes Papillon's new friend at the new prison?
3. The new warden asks Papillon not to attempt an escape for ________________ and then the warden would be gone.
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Six months.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Ten weeks.
4. How many years of solitary confinement does Papillon receive for killing the man in #116?
5. What occurs in Papillon's personal life?
(a) He becomes a minister.
(b) He converts to Catholicism.
(c) He learns the trade of carpentry.
(d) He marries and fathers a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Papillon bribe those who dish out the food to do for him?
2. What does Papillon utilize to make the raft float?
3. What happens to Salvida during the escape attempt?
4. Who is the new warden now in charge of the Royale bagne?
5. Who is Chang's brother who helps Papillon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Papillon's new escape plan to get off of Diable?
2. What are Papillon's plans for surviving the eight-year stint of solitary confinement?
3. How does Papillon know that the revolt at the Royale prison has taken place and how does Papillon intervene to get the situation calmed down with the warden?
4. How does Carbonieri die and what rule of survival does Papillon say that Carbonieri failed to uphold?
5. What is Papillon's idea to prevent the sharks from consuming Carbonieri's body?
6. What are the terms of Papillon's being set free?
7. How does Papillon manage to get transferred back to Diable where his chances of escape are more favorable?
8. How does Papillon end his story?
9. Describe Papillon's escape attempt with a man named Romeo Salvida and how the insane asylum is a critical part of the plan?
10. What happens to the three prisoners who come to Papillon with the plan for a revolt at Royale prison?
This section contains 1,164 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)