|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tires Papillon soon while living in the location in #164?
(a) Constant brushes with the police.
(b) He cannot get any radio reception.
(c) There are very few women.
(d) There is no night life.
2. To which of the penal colony islands are the three organizers of the revolt sent?
(a) Saint Thomas.
(d) Saint Joseph.
3. How long is Papillon to live in the rural area to complete his deal?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two years.
4. In what year is Papillon transferred to another island?
5. Papillon is warned that he cannot escape from the island in #146 because of __________________.
(a) The squealers.
(b) The sharks.
(c) The guards.
(d) The high seas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What town are Papillon and his cohorts taken to by the police?
2. What happens to the men who killed Carobnieri?
3. One day, someone asks Papillon if Maturette is ___________________.
4. The new warden asks Papillon not to attempt an escape for ________________ and then the warden would be gone.
5. What is Papillon's only job at the new prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Papillon's rescue by the torpedo ship.
2. What is the fishing village where Papillon and his cohorts live and where do the police eventually take them?
3. Describe Papillon's escape attempt with a man named Romeo Salvida and how the insane asylum is a critical part of the plan?
4. What are Papillon's plans for surviving the eight-year stint of solitary confinement?
5. What reasons can Papillon give for Sylvain's demise and what selfish thought does Papillon harbor then?
6. How does Papillon know that the revolt at the Royale prison has taken place and how does Papillon intervene to get the situation calmed down with the warden?
7. How does Papillon manage to get transferred back to Diable where his chances of escape are more favorable?
8. What is a "Lisette" and who agrees to accompany Papillon on his next escape attempt?
9. How does Papillon end his story?
10. How does Carbonieri die and what rule of survival does Papillon say that Carbonieri failed to uphold?
This section contains 1,269 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)