|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Papillon points out that there are male prisoners living _______________________.
(a) As husband and wife.
(b) Without speaking to anyone.
(c) In squalor.
(d) Like animals.
2. What is Papillon's sole concern after being rescued by the torpedo ship?
(a) That he will be returned to Devil's Island.
(b) That he will be returned to France and face trial.
(c) That he will be forced to join the army.
(d) He won't be able to choose where he lives.
3. How many others join Papillon on another cavale?
4. To which island is Papillon granted a transfer?
(d) St. Croix.
5. What seems to dismay Papillon about the prison?
(a) Why any men would choose to work there.
(b) Why the food is always spoiled.
(c) Why the wardens are changed so often.
(d) How the prisoners simply accept their fate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What town are Papillon and his cohorts taken to by the police?
2. Who is acquitted of his role in Papillon's escape attempt?
3. What place does Papillon say that he wants to stay and make his home?
4. How long is Papillon to live in the rural area to complete his deal?
5. Papillon is so affected by Carobnieri's death that he ___________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Papillon land after a departure from Georgetown?
2. What are Papillon's plans for surviving the eight-year stint of solitary confinement?
3. How does Papillon know that the revolt at the Royale prison has taken place and how does Papillon intervene to get the situation calmed down with the warden?
4. What is the fishing village where Papillon and his cohorts live and where do the police eventually take them?
5. What does Papillon call the "extraordinary" change in his character?
6. How does Papillon end his story?
7. What is Papillon's idea to prevent the sharks from consuming Carbonieri's body?
8. What ill fate does Sylvain come to during the escape attempt with Papillon?
9. What happens to the three prisoners who come to Papillon with the plan for a revolt at Royale prison?
10. Why does Papillon initiate a new escape plan and who does he enlist to help him?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)