|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what island does Papillon get transferred?
(b) Petit Manse.
(c) Saint Marks.
2. What town are Papillon and his cohorts taken to by the police?
3. Who takes over the navigation of Papillon's boat?
(a) A pilot.
(b) A gunner.
(c) The captain.
(d) A sailor.
4. What does Papillon bribe those who dish out the food to do for him?
(a) Slip him some wine sometimes.
(b) Give him choice meat and more vegetables.
(c) Slip in some sweets once in awhile.
(d) Give him double the bread allotment.
5. Who does Papillon kill for squealing about Papillon's escape?
(a) Serge Bertrand.
(b) Bebert Celier.
(c) Thierry Bessette.
(d) Remy Boutin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which man does Papillon learn is watching Papillon's clandestine moves?
2. Papillon points out that there are male prisoners living _______________________.
3. The new warden tells Papillon that Papillon is to work with __________________.
4. One day, someone asks Papillon if Maturette is ___________________.
5. What precious stones do the prisoners find?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Papillon end his story?
2. How much of his eight-year sentence does Papillon end up serving?
3. What ill fate does Sylvain come to during the escape attempt with Papillon?
4. What is Papillon's sole concern upon being rescued and where is he taken?
5. Describe Papillon's rescue by the torpedo ship.
6. What are the terms of Papillon's being set free?
7. Where does Papillon land after a departure from Georgetown?
8. How does the war play a part in Papillon's rescue?
9. What does Papillon call the "extraordinary" change in his character?
10. What is Papillon's idea to prevent the sharks from consuming Carbonieri's body?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)