|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The man in #139 plans to tie ________________ together to serve as a raft.
(d) Milk bottles.
2. Why has Papillon decided to begin a new escape plan?
(a) The old warden is gone.
(b) He wants to return to Curacao.
(c) He is feeling healthy again.
(d) The weather is more favorable.
3. Which of the following is NOT something Papillon tells the guards to have him admitted to the insane asylum?
(a) He hears the constant sound of pumping.
(b) He is battling invisible tormentors.
(c) He hears his dead mother talking to him.
(d) He has black dots in front of his eyes that go away when he looks in the mirror.
4. One day, someone asks Papillon if Maturette is ___________________.
(a) Papillon's property.
(b) A religious man.
(c) An educated man.
(d) Innocent of his crime.
5. What is Papillon's response when three prisoners come to him with a plan for a revolt?
(a) He discourages them.
(b) He wants to think about it.
(c) He wants to be the leader.
(d) He wants to join in.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Papillon refuse to come closer to the torpedo ship?
2. What do Papillon and the others encounter a few days after their journey?
3. What is Papillon's extraordinary change in character?
4. Papillon says that it is a role of survival to have _________________ at all times.
5. Papillon's time in the insane asylum is put down as _____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Papillon's idea to prevent the sharks from consuming Carbonieri's body?
2. What are Papillon's plans for surviving the eight-year stint of solitary confinement?
3. Why does Papillon initiate a new escape plan and who does he enlist to help him?
4. What is the fishing village where Papillon and his cohorts live and where do the police eventually take them?
5. How much of his eight-year sentence does Papillon end up serving?
6. How does the war play a part in Papillon's rescue?
7. What is a "Lisette" and who agrees to accompany Papillon on his next escape attempt?
8. Describe Papillon's rescue by the torpedo ship.
9. What does Papillon call the "extraordinary" change in his character?
10. What happens to the three prisoners who come to Papillon with the plan for a revolt at Royale prison?
This section contains 1,074 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)