|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tires Papillon soon while living in the location in #164?
(a) Constant brushes with the police.
(b) There are very few women.
(c) There is no night life.
(d) He cannot get any radio reception.
2. Why is Papillon set free after only 19 months of an eight-year sentence?
(a) He is teaching the warden's son how to speak German.
(b) He is ill and needs fresh air to live.
(c) He tries to save a young girl from a shark attack.
(d) He gets a reprieve from the king.
3. What does Papillon name the large sized waves that he will need in his escape?
4. What place does Papillon say that he wants to stay and make his home?
5. What does Papillon utilize to make the raft float?
(d) Inner tubes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Papillon have to stay in the area before he can go free?
2. On what is Papillon working in "A Raft in a Tomb"?
3. Who does Papillon kill for squealing about Papillon's escape?
4. Papillon points out that there are male prisoners living _______________________.
5. The new warden asks Papillon not to attempt an escape for ________________ and then the warden would be gone.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the new warden at the Royale prison and what job does he give to Papillon?
2. Why does Papillon initiate a new escape plan and who does he enlist to help him?
3. What is the fishing village where Papillon and his cohorts live and where do the police eventually take them?
4. What is a "Lisette" and who agrees to accompany Papillon on his next escape attempt?
5. What are the terms of Papillon's being set free?
6. How does Papillon know that the revolt at the Royale prison has taken place and how does Papillon intervene to get the situation calmed down with the warden?
7. How does the war play a part in Papillon's rescue?
8. Where does Papillon land after a departure from Georgetown?
9. What reasons can Papillon give for Sylvain's demise and what selfish thought does Papillon harbor then?
10. What does Papillon call the "extraordinary" change in his character?
This section contains 1,150 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)