|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Papillon when he is transferred to the new island?
2. What do Papillon and the others encounter a few days after their journey?
(a) A yacht.
(b) A dirigible.
(c) A cruise ship.
(d) U.S. Air Force planes.
3. Who does Papillon kill for squealing about Papillon's escape?
(a) Bebert Celier.
(b) Thierry Bessette.
(c) Remy Boutin.
(d) Serge Bertrand.
4. Who is acquitted of his role in Papillon's escape attempt?
5. What does Papillon name the large sized waves that he will need in his escape?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the condition on which Papillon is to be set free?
2. Why does Papillon refuse to come closer to the torpedo ship?
3. Papillon says that it is a role of survival to have _________________ at all times.
4. What does Papillon know will happen to Carobnieri's dead body?
5. What is the name of the village where Papillon and his cohorts are taken in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Papillon's new escape plan to get off of Diable?
2. Where does Papillon land after a departure from Georgetown?
3. Describe Papillon's escape attempt with a man named Romeo Salvida and how the insane asylum is a critical part of the plan?
4. How much of his eight-year sentence does Papillon end up serving?
5. What reasons can Papillon give for Sylvain's demise and what selfish thought does Papillon harbor then?
6. How does the war play a part in Papillon's rescue?
7. What does Papillon call the "extraordinary" change in his character?
8. What is Papillon's sole concern upon being rescued and where is he taken?
9. What happens to the three prisoners who come to Papillon with the plan for a revolt at Royale prison?
10. Why does Papillon initiate a new escape plan and who does he enlist to help him?
This section contains 1,146 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)