|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Papillon is so affected by Carobnieri's death that he ___________________.
(a) Goes on a starvation diet.
(b) Vows to avenge Carobnieri's murder.
(c) Wants to die too.
(d) Writes a letter to Carobnieri's wife.
2. How many others join Papillon on another cavale?
3. Why has Papillon decided to begin a new escape plan?
(a) The old warden is gone.
(b) He wants to return to Curacao.
(c) The weather is more favorable.
(d) He is feeling healthy again.
4. How does Papillon know that this escape attempt is a success?
(a) No prisoners have been returned since the onset of the war.
(b) The men on the ship are friendly.
(c) He is with U.S. military personnel.
(d) He is promised a ride back to France.
5. Papillon buries pieces of the raft in the garden and in __________________.
(a) The church yard.
(b) The beach.
(c) The cemetery.
(d) The orchard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems to dismay Papillon about the prison?
2. How long does Papillon have to stay in the area before he can go free?
3. What does Diable mean?
4. Which prisoner agrees to escape with Papillon this time?
5. What does Papillon bribe those who dish out the food to do for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Papillon's rescue by the torpedo ship.
2. How much of his eight-year sentence does Papillon end up serving?
3. Where does Papillon and Carbonieri bury the raft pieces during the time they are working on it and what is the method they are going to use to keep the raft afloat?
4. Where does Papillon land after a departure from Georgetown?
5. How does Papillon manage to get transferred back to Diable where his chances of escape are more favorable?
6. What does Papillon call the "extraordinary" change in his character?
7. What is Papillon's idea to prevent the sharks from consuming Carbonieri's body?
8. How does Papillon know that the revolt at the Royale prison has taken place and how does Papillon intervene to get the situation calmed down with the warden?
9. What happens to the three prisoners who come to Papillon with the plan for a revolt at Royale prison?
10. What are the terms of Papillon's being set free?
This section contains 1,111 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)