|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems to dismay Papillon about the prison?
(a) Why any men would choose to work there.
(b) Why the wardens are changed so often.
(c) How the prisoners simply accept their fate.
(d) Why the food is always spoiled.
2. Papillon is so affected by Carobnieri's death that he ___________________.
(a) Wants to die too.
(b) Goes on a starvation diet.
(c) Writes a letter to Carobnieri's wife.
(d) Vows to avenge Carobnieri's murder.
3. The new warden asks Papillon not to attempt an escape for ________________ and then the warden would be gone.
(a) Six months.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Ten weeks.
(d) Four weeks.
4. Papillon buries pieces of the raft in the garden and in __________________.
(a) The beach.
(b) The cemetery.
(c) The orchard.
(d) The church yard.
5. What challenge does Papillon and his new cohorts face when they begin their journey?
(a) Rough seas.
(c) Sting Rays.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Papillon know that this escape attempt is a success?
2. Which man comes to Papillon with a plan for escape?
3. What is the main livelihood of the people who take in Papillon?
4. Papillon's time in the insane asylum is put down as _____________________.
5. What does Papillon name the large sized waves that he will need in his escape?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)