|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the torpedo ship land?
(a) St. Barts.
2. The new warden tells Papillon that Papillon is to work with __________________.
(a) The gardeners.
(b) The chickens.
(c) The fishermen.
(d) The buffaloes.
3. The man in #139 plans to tie ________________ together to serve as a raft.
(c) Milk bottles.
4. What is Papillon's extraordinary change in character?
(a) He wants to return to his Indian wives.
(b) He wants to serve out his punishment and then go free and clear.
(c) He wants to study to become a police officer.
(d) He wants to study to become an attorney.
5. What happens to Salvida during the escape attempt?
(a) He is shot by a guard.
(b) He is eaten by a shark.
(c) He is crushed on the rocks.
(d) He drowns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes Papillon's new friend at the new prison?
2. To which island is Papillon granted a transfer?
3. How long is Papillon to live in the rural area to complete his deal?
4. What does the man in #155 bring with him on the escape with Papillon?
5. One day, someone asks Papillon if Maturette is ___________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Papillon call the "extraordinary" change in his character?
2. What is Papillon's idea to prevent the sharks from consuming Carbonieri's body?
3. How much of his eight-year sentence does Papillon end up serving?
4. How does Papillon know that the revolt at the Royale prison has taken place and how does Papillon intervene to get the situation calmed down with the warden?
5. Describe Papillon's escape attempt with a man named Romeo Salvida and how the insane asylum is a critical part of the plan?
6. Who is the new warden at the Royale prison and what job does he give to Papillon?
7. What happens to the three prisoners who come to Papillon with the plan for a revolt at Royale prison?
8. Why does Papillon initiate a new escape plan and who does he enlist to help him?
9. How does Papillon manage to get transferred back to Diable where his chances of escape are more favorable?
10. What ill fate does Sylvain come to during the escape attempt with Papillon?
This section contains 1,176 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)