|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Galgani ask Papillon to do for him?
(a) Summon the guard.
(b) Carry his plan.
(c) Get him some water.
(d) Help with his appeals case.
2. Papillon learns that the convoy to which prison will leave in two days?
(c) Saint Martin in Chains.
3. Which of the following is NOT true about Papillon's cell in the prison in #76?
(a) Crabs become a menace.
(b) It is built on a hilltop.
(c) Rats run rampant.
(d) It floods at high tide.
4. What is stuck to the bowl that the leper, Toussaint, hands to Papillon?
(a) Toussaint's finger.
(c) A leaf.
5. What is Papillon not allowed to do in solitary?
(a) Smoke cigarettes.
(b) Talk to anyone.
(c) Read the Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a plan?
2. How does Papillon utilize a younger prisoner with a feminine appearance?
3. How much money does Galgani have?
4. What is the name of the family which welcomes the escapees on the island in #49?
5. What does Papillon show the man in #29 to indicate that Papillon is protecting Galgani?
Short Essay Questions
1. What group of people does Papillon encounter after he leaves Indian territory and who turns him in to the authorities?
2. What are the warden's terms to which Papillon agrees after his release from solitary confinement?
3. Why is Galgani hesitant about taking back his plan?
4. What is Papillon's philosophy about his escape attempts?
5. What does Papillon receive on the first anniversary of his solitary confinement and what happens to the man who smuggles it in to him?
6. Who is Clousiot and in what plan does Papillon include him?
7. What does Papillon learn about prison sentences for men in Colombia?
8. What is the great irony of Clousiot's release from solitary confinement?
9. What does Papillon inspect when they arrive at a house in Curacao and what charges are made against him regarding what Papillon inspects?
10. What is Papillon convicted of and what is his sentence?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)