|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Papillon ingests picric acid to prompt what medical condition?
2. Why is Clousiot hospitalized on the island?
(a) For tuberculosis.
(b) For a broken leg.
(c) For malaria.
(d) For dysentery.
3. Who gives Papillon and the others the directions to Ile aux Pigeons?
(a) Masked Bertrand.
(b) Masked Broussard.
(c) Masked Boulanger.
(d) Masked Breton.
4. What is Ile aux Pigeons?
(a) A leper's colony.
(b) An aviary.
(c) A hospital.
(d) An ocean current.
5. Which of the following is NOT something Papillon and the others procure in Ile aux Pigeons?
(a) Medical treatment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which island do the escapees reach after days at sea?
2. What does Galgani ask Papillon to do for him?
3. Why are some of the prisoners whipped severely or burned with steam on board the ship to the bagne?
4. Where is the bagne located?
5. What is Papillon's sentence?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the three prisoners living in Trinidad and under what conditions does Papillon agree to take them with him?
2. What does Papillon learn about prison sentences for men in Colombia?
3. What weapon has Papillon been able to secure?
4. Who is Clousiot and in what plan does Papillon include him?
5. What is "a plan" and how does Papillon use it?
6. Describe the dire conditions in which Papillon lives in while in the Santa Marta prison.
7. How does Papillon describe the conditions of the men waiting to be transported to the bagne?
8. Why are Papillon's underworld friends pleased with Papillon's court appearance?
9. What happens to hamper the escape attempt?
10. What do Papillon and Maturette learn about staying in Trinidad?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)