|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the people of Ile aux Pigeons careful not to do around Papillon?
(a) Tell secrets.
(b) Touch him.
(d) Show money.
2. When an escape occurs on the island, the warden is punished by losing pay and ________________.
(a) Time off.
3. What is Papillon forbidden to talk about on Royale?
(c) The king.
4. Papillon is placed in a jail in Caen while awaiting transfer to the prison in which country?
5. What color predominates the courtroom in which Papillon is tried?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years of solitary confinement do Papillon, Maturette and Clousiot receive when they return to the bagne?
2. What does Papillon show the man in #29 to indicate that Papillon is protecting Galgani?
3. Which country has no procedure for returning escapees because no one has ever made it that far?
4. In what prison is Papillon held for awhile in Colombia?
5. What is a cavale?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of reception do Papillon and his cohorts receive in Trinidad?
2. What information does Papillon receive from his friend, Batton?
3. What does Papillon learn about prison sentences for men in Colombia?
4. How does Papillon describe the conditions of the men waiting to be transported to the bagne?
5. What does Papillon do during an escape attempt from Barranquilla that prevents the escape?
6. What is Papillon convicted of and what is his sentence?
7. How does Clousiot show some humor regarding how he left his cell?
8. Who are the three prisoners living in Trinidad and under what conditions does Papillon agree to take them with him?
9. What is the Ile Aux Pigeons and what benefit comes of visiting there?
10. Where is Papillon when the story begins and why does he think he is in his current situation?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)