|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Papillon receive from a smuggler on the anniversary of his first year in solitary?
(b) Hot meal.
(d) Condensed milk.
2. How does Papillon utilize a younger prisoner with a feminine appearance?
(a) To distract the other prisoners.
(b) To hide his plan.
(c) To seduce a guard.
(d) To crawl through a small space.
3. Who turns Papillon in to the authorities?
(a) A scorned lover.
(b) A school teacher.
(c) Another convict.
(d) The Mother Superior.
4. What is the name of the ship that transfers Papillon and the other escapees back to the bagne?
5. Which prisoner breaks his leg in the escape?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Papillon incapacitate a guard to attempt another escape?
2. What does Papillon admit to the authorities?
3. What is Papillon's sentence?
4. Which new prisoner does Papillon join in a daring escape?
5. What is a bagne?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to hamper the escape attempt?
2. Who are the three prisoners living in Trinidad and under what conditions does Papillon agree to take them with him?
3. Who is Maturette and what is his role in the escape?
4. What group of people does Papillon encounter after he leaves Indian territory and who turns him in to the authorities?
5. What reason does Papillon give to Lati for leaving the Indian island?
6. How does Papillon plan to pay for his escape from Santa Marta and what ruins that escape plan?
7. How does Papillon describe the conditions of the men waiting to be transported to the bagne?
8. What does Papillon receive on the first anniversary of his solitary confinement and what happens to the man who smuggles it in to him?
9. What do Dega and Galgani smuggle in to Papillon each day of his solitary confinement?
10. What is the Ile Aux Pigeons and what benefit comes of visiting there?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)