|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the inmate with whom Papillon becomes a friend?
(b) La Petit.
2. Who is the woman who loves Papillon and cries out in the courtroom?
3. What happens when coconuts are withheld from Papillon for awhile?
(a) He can't sleep.
(b) He gets delirious.
(c) He is dehydrated.
(d) He becomes very weak.
4. What is the destination of Papillon and Maturette when they set out from Trinidad?
(a) The Bahamas.
(d) St. Bart's.
5. What are the men in the Caen jail not allowed to do all day?
(a) Go to the bathroom.
(b) Close their eyes.
(c) Lie down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a plan?
2. What is a bagne?
3. After escaping the Indian territory, Papillon finds himself in the company of ______________.
4. Papillon learns of another escape attempt that results in several escapees eating _____________ other convicts.
5. Which of the following is NOT true about Papillon's cell in the prison in #76?
Short Essay Questions
1. What group of people does Papillon encounter after he leaves Indian territory and who turns him in to the authorities?
2. Who are the three prisoners living in Trinidad and under what conditions does Papillon agree to take them with him?
3. What do Papillon and Maturette learn about staying in Trinidad?
4. What ill fate does Sylvain come to during the escape attempt with Papillon?
5. How does the war play a part in Papillon's rescue?
6. How does Papillon get some inside information about the bagne prior to arriving there?
7. What is Papillon's sole concern upon being rescued and where is he taken?
8. What does Papillon learn about prison sentences for men in Colombia?
9. How much of his eight-year sentence does Papillon end up serving?
10. How does Clousiot show some humor regarding how he left his cell?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)