|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the woman who loves Papillon and cries out in the courtroom?
2. The warden tells Papillon that Papillon can remain at large on the island as long as Papillon promises to ____________.
(a) Maintain the postal system.
(b) Manage the commerce system.
(c) Not attempt an escape.
(d) Work in the infirmary.
3. What job does Galgani have at the bagne at this time?
(c) Postal service.
(d) Boat repair.
4. What sentence are men never given in Colombia?
(a) Life in prison.
(b) Twenty years to life.
(d) Five to ten years.
5. Who is the warden at the Royale bagne?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what do the other prisoners seem to not have any interest?
2. Prisoners named Julot and ________________ have escaped the bagne and are now among Papillon's group.
3. After escaping the Indian territory, Papillon finds himself in the company of ______________.
4. Why does Papillon ingest the picric acid?
5. What do Papillon and the man in #70 do to fend off fatigue and hunger while at sea?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the warden's terms to which Papillon agrees after his release from solitary confinement?
2. What do Dega and Galgani smuggle in to Papillon each day of his solitary confinement?
3. Who is Clousiot and in what plan does Papillon include him?
4. What is Papillon's philosophy about his escape attempts?
5. What assistance does Papillon receive from the Bowen family in Trinidad?
6. How does Papillon plan to pay for his escape from Santa Marta and what ruins that escape plan?
7. What weapon has Papillon been able to secure?
8. Why does Papillon reject the idea of appealing his sentence?
9. What is Papillon convicted of and what is his sentence?
10. Why are Papillon's underworld friends pleased with Papillon's court appearance?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)