|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Papillon's friends smuggled in a coconut and _______________ for him every day in solitary.
2. What is the name of the ship that transfers Papillon and the other escapees back to the bagne?
3. In what prison is Papillon held for awhile in Colombia?
(a) Santa Marta.
(b) Santa Maria.
(c) Santa Louisa.
(d) Santa Clara.
4. Which prisoner breaks his leg in the escape?
5. Who is willing to carry messages for Papillon?
(a) A sweeper.
(b) A guard.
(c) A cook.
(d) A fisherman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men are in each cell at the Conciergerie?
2. What does Galgani ask Papillon to do for him?
3. Why does Papillon reject the idea of an appeal?
4. Who calls the police because he has been told that Papillon has stolen money?
5. What happens to Papillon and the others when arriving at Curacao?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of reception do Papillon and his cohorts receive in Trinidad?
2. What does Papillon receive on the first anniversary of his solitary confinement and what happens to the man who smuggles it in to him?
3. Who are the three prisoners living in Trinidad and under what conditions does Papillon agree to take them with him?
4. Why are Papillon's underworld friends pleased with Papillon's court appearance?
5. What reason does Papillon give to Lati for leaving the Indian island?
6. How does Papillon plan to pay for his escape from Santa Marta and what ruins that escape plan?
7. What does Papillon do during an escape attempt from Barranquilla that prevents the escape?
8. Why does Papillon reject the idea of appealing his sentence?
9. What is the Ile Aux Pigeons and what benefit comes of visiting there?
10. Who is Clousiot and in what plan does Papillon include him?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)