|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which new prisoner does Papillon join in a daring escape?
2. Which prisoner takes great interest in Papillon's escape plan?
(a) Joanes Clousiot.
(b) Jacques Chevalier.
(c) Jean Chen.
(d) Johannes Broussard.
3. The bagne is located on which river?
(a) Lyons River.
(b) Marseilles River.
(c) Seine River.
(d) Maroni River.
4. What does Papillon receive from a smuggler on the anniversary of his first year in solitary?
(a) Condensed milk.
(c) Hot meal.
5. Which of the following is NOT true about Papillon's cell in the prison in #76?
(a) Rats run rampant.
(b) It is built on a hilltop.
(c) Crabs become a menace.
(d) It floods at high tide.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days are Papillon and Maturette given to leave Trinidad?
2. Why do the three other escapees not want to continue on the journey with Papillon?
3. Who is willing to carry messages for Papillon?
4. What is Papillon forbidden to talk about on Royale?
5. What does Galgani ask Papillon to do for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Papillon's philosophy about his escape attempts?
2. How are wardens punished when a prisoner escapes during their watch?
3. What is the Ile Aux Pigeons and what benefit comes of visiting there?
4. Why does Papillon agree to carry a plan for another prisoner?
5. Why are Papillon's underworld friends pleased with Papillon's court appearance?
6. What happens to hamper the escape attempt?
7. How does Papillon plan to pay for his escape from Santa Marta and what ruins that escape plan?
8. What group of people does Papillon encounter after he leaves Indian territory and who turns him in to the authorities?
9. What misfortune befalls Papillon after he leaves the three convicts out on a beach a little ways from Trinidad?
10. Why does Papillon reject the idea of appealing his sentence?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)