|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the warden tell Papillon that he can escape?
(a) It would be better to go in the Spring.
(b) After the completion of the warden's term.
(c) Any time he wants.
(d) When hell freezes over.
2. Which new prisoner does Papillon join in a daring escape?
3. What happens to the smuggler in #97?
(a) He is buried alive.
(b) He is beaten to death.
(c) He is set off to sea on a raft.
(d) He is hanged.
4. What is the destination of Papillon and Maturette when they set out from Trinidad?
(c) The Bahamas.
(d) St. Bart's.
5. Who buys a boat for Papillon and the other escapees?
(a) Dr. Boulanger.
(b) Dr. Roux.
(c) Dr. Moreau.
(d) Dr. Naal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Papillon determines the best way to deal with the mental challenges of __________________.
2. What is a cavale?
3. What do Papillon and the man in #70 do to fend off fatigue and hunger while at sea?
4. Papillon's new escape plan hinges on _________________.
5. From whom does Papillon receive a note in "En Route to the Bagne"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the three prisoners who come to Papillon with the plan for a revolt at Royale prison?
2. Why is Galgani hesitant about taking back his plan?
3. What is Papillon's sole concern upon being rescued and where is he taken?
4. What are Papillon's plans for surviving the eight-year stint of solitary confinement?
5. What does Papillon call the "extraordinary" change in his character?
6. What do Papillon and Maturette learn about staying in Trinidad?
7. How does Clousiot show some humor regarding how he left his cell?
8. What is Papillon's idea to prevent the sharks from consuming Carbonieri's body?
9. Where does Papillon and Carbonieri bury the raft pieces during the time they are working on it and what is the method they are going to use to keep the raft afloat?
10. Who is Maturette and what is his role in the escape?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)