|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Papillon when the book begins?
2. After escaping the Indian territory, Papillon finds himself in the company of ______________.
(a) Medicine men.
3. Where is Papillon when the book begins?
(a) A bar.
(b) A casino.
(c) A church.
(d) A courtroom.
4. Papillon makes friends with a fellow prisoner who helps get Papillon _______________________.
(a) An earlier release date.
(b) Some different clothes.
(c) Returned to the general population.
(d) Better food.
5. Who turns Papillon in to the authorities?
(a) A scorned lover.
(b) Another convict.
(c) A school teacher.
(d) The Mother Superior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Papillon learns of another escape attempt that results in several escapees eating _____________ other convicts.
2. Which prisoner does Galgani fear?
3. Who is the man Papillon is accused of murdering?
4. What do most of the prisoners at the Royale bagne have?
5. What does the Bowen family tell the escapees about Trinidad?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Papillon receive from his friend, Batton?
2. What becomes Papillon's method of communicating while in solitary confinement?
3. What does Papillon do during an escape attempt from Barranquilla that prevents the escape?
4. How does Papillon plan to pay for his escape from Santa Marta and what ruins that escape plan?
5. What reason does Papillon give to Lati for leaving the Indian island?
6. Who is Clousiot and in what plan does Papillon include him?
7. What is the Ile Aux Pigeons and what benefit comes of visiting there?
8. Who is Clousiot and what is his connection to Papillon?
9. What assistance does Papillon receive from the Bowen family in Trinidad?
10. Why does Papillon agree to carry a plan for another prisoner?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)