|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which prisoner takes great interest in Papillon's escape plan?
(a) Jean Chen.
(b) Johannes Broussard.
(c) Jacques Chevalier.
(d) Joanes Clousiot.
2. Papillon uses money and ______________ to pay for the aid and supplies for his next escape.
(a) A knife.
3. What color predominates the courtroom in which Papillon is tried?
4. What is the nickname for the warden at the Royale bagne?
(a) Mara Loco.
(b) Coco Loco.
(c) Coco Sec.
(d) Luna Sec.
5. Who is the man who serves as clerk on the island?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what prison is Papillon held for awhile in Colombia?
2. Who buys a boat for Papillon and the other escapees?
3. For what crime is Papillon on trial?
4. Why does Papillon think it would be wrong to punish him for trying to escape?
5. What job does Galgani have at the bagne at this time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the war play a part in Papillon's rescue?
2. Why does Papillon initiate a new escape plan and who does he enlist to help him?
3. How does Papillon manage to get transferred back to Diable where his chances of escape are more favorable?
4. What are the warden's terms to which Papillon agrees after his release from solitary confinement?
5. What is Papillon's new escape plan to get off of Diable?
6. How does Papillon plan to pay for his escape from Santa Marta and what ruins that escape plan?
7. What is Papillon's sole concern upon being rescued and where is he taken?
8. What are Papillon's plans for surviving the eight-year stint of solitary confinement?
9. Where is Papillon when the story begins and why does he think he is in his current situation?
10. Why does Papillon agree to carry a plan for another prisoner?
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)