|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Papillon know when he reaches prison?
(a) He will be set free.
(b) He will escape.
(c) He will cause a riot.
(d) He will die there.
2. For what crime is Papillon on trial?
3. How many days are Papillon and Maturette given to leave Trinidad?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 18 days.
(c) 90 days.
(d) 30 days.
4. Which prisoner breaks his leg in the escape?
5. What does the Bowen family tell the escapees about Trinidad?
(a) Prisoners cannot settle there.
(b) Fish and fruit are plentiful for everyone.
(c) It is under Indian rule.
(d) Hurricanes are a common occurrence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Papillon is placed in a jail in Caen while awaiting transfer to the prison in which country?
2. What happens when coconuts are withheld from Papillon for awhile?
3. What are the people of Ile aux Pigeons careful not to do around Papillon?
4. Who is the woman who loves Papillon and cries out in the courtroom?
5. What is the reason for gunfire in the middle of the night at the bagne?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to hamper the escape attempt?
2. What does Papillon do during an escape attempt from Barranquilla that prevents the escape?
3. What weapon has Papillon been able to secure?
4. Why are Papillon's underworld friends pleased with Papillon's court appearance?
5. What is the Ile Aux Pigeons and what benefit comes of visiting there?
6. What does Papillon learn about prison sentences for men in Colombia?
7. What is Papillon convicted of and what is his sentence?
8. What is "a plan" and how does Papillon use it?
9. What are the warden's terms to which Papillon agrees after his release from solitary confinement?
10. Who are the three prisoners living in Trinidad and under what conditions does Papillon agree to take them with him?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)