|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ship that transfers Papillon and the other escapees back to the bagne?
2. Who buys a boat for Papillon and the other escapees?
(a) Dr. Naal.
(b) Dr. Roux.
(c) Dr. Moreau.
(d) Dr. Boulanger.
3. Which prisoner does Galgani fear?
4. One of the men in Papillon's group grew up at the bagne and is ___________________.
(a) a minister's son.
(b) a judge's son.
(c) a prison guard's son.
(d) a cook's son.
5. Why does Papillon try to learn all he can about the bagne?
(a) So he can make drawings of it.
(b) So he can tell his wife about it.
(c) So that he can write a book.
(d) So he will be better prepared to escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does the story begin?
2. Which country is willing to let Papillon and Maturette dock and rest for awhile on their journey?
3. Where is Papillon when the book begins?
4. What is the reason for gunfire in the middle of the night at the bagne?
5. Where is the bagne located?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Papillon receive from his friend, Batton?
2. What does Papillon inspect when they arrive at a house in Curacao and what charges are made against him regarding what Papillon inspects?
3. What does Papillon do during an escape attempt from Barranquilla that prevents the escape?
4. How does Papillon get some inside information about the bagne prior to arriving there?
5. Who is Clousiot and what is his connection to Papillon?
6. Why does Papillon reject the idea of appealing his sentence?
7. What reason does Papillon give to Lati for leaving the Indian island?
8. How does Clousiot show some humor regarding how he left his cell?
9. What is Papillon convicted of and what is his sentence?
10. What happens to hamper the escape attempt?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)