|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the destination of Papillon and Maturette when they set out from Trinidad?
(a) St. Bart's.
(c) The Bahamas.
2. Why is Clousiot hospitalized on the island?
(a) For a broken leg.
(b) For tuberculosis.
(c) For malaria.
(d) For dysentery.
3. Who is the other prisoner who is going to escape with Papillon?
4. What do Papillon and the man in #70 do to fend off fatigue and hunger while at sea?
(a) Ration the food very carefully.
(b) Daydream about their next destination.
(c) Sleep as much as possible.
(d) Chew on cocoa leaves.
5. For what crime is Papillon on trial?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who turns Papillon in to the authorities?
2. What is a plan?
3. Why does Papillon reject the idea of an appeal?
4. How many days does the trip to the bagne take?
5. What are the men in the Caen jail not allowed to do all day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What weapon has Papillon been able to secure?
2. What is Papillon convicted of and what is his sentence?
3. What becomes Papillon's method of communicating while in solitary confinement?
4. How does Papillon describe the conditions of the men waiting to be transported to the bagne?
5. How does Papillon get some inside information about the bagne prior to arriving there?
6. What group of people does Papillon encounter after he leaves Indian territory and who turns him in to the authorities?
7. What do Papillon and Maturette learn about staying in Trinidad?
8. What information does Papillon receive from his friend, Batton?
9. What kind of reception do Papillon and his cohorts receive in Trinidad?
10. What reason does Papillon give to Lati for leaving the Indian island?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)