|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Papillon decides to count off this time in solitary in increments of _________________.
(c) Six months.
2. What is the name of the prison where Papillon and his cohorts are taken?
(a) El Diablo.
(b) El Dante.
(c) El Dorado.
(d) El Durand.
3. Why is Papillon saddled with the mentally and physically challenged man?
(a) Papillon can carry him where he needs to go.
(b) Papillon can speak Spanish.
(c) The man adores Papillon.
(d) The man can teach Papillon a new trade.
4. What is Papillon's only job at the new prison?
(b) Cleaning bathrooms.
(c) Catching fish.
(d) Feeding pigs.
5. What place does Papillon say that he wants to stay and make his home?
6. Which prisoner agrees to escape with Papillon this time?
7. What is Papillon's response when three prisoners come to him with a plan for a revolt?
(a) He discourages them.
(b) He wants to join in.
(c) He wants to think about it.
(d) He wants to be the leader.
8. Papillon is warned that he cannot escape from the island in #146 because of __________________.
(a) The high seas.
(b) The sharks.
(c) The squealers.
(d) The guards.
9. Where is Papillon's friend, Carbonieri, killed?
(a) In the chapel.
(b) In the dining hall.
(c) In the washroom.
(d) In his bed.
10. Which man comes to Papillon with a plan for escape?
(a) Romeo Salvida.
(b) Pascal Gaudet.
(c) Vincent Boulange.
(d) Jacques Fournier.
11. How long is Papillon to live in the rural area to complete his deal?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
12. Who does Papillon invite to join him in his escape?
(a) Frederic Dupont.
(b) Matthieu Carbonieri.
(c) Jacques Chevalier.
(d) Edward Garnier.
13. What is Papillon's sole concern after being rescued by the torpedo ship?
(a) He won't be able to choose where he lives.
(b) That he will be returned to France and face trial.
(c) That he will be forced to join the army.
(d) That he will be returned to Devil's Island.
14. What is the name of the village where Papillon and his cohorts are taken in?
15. Papillon's time in the insane asylum is put down as _____________________.
(a) Symptoms of gonorrhea.
(b) A temporary psychotic break.
(c) An epileptic seizure.
(d) A migraine attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes Papillon's new friend at the new prison?
2. Why is Papillon set free after only 19 months of an eight-year sentence?
3. How do the sharks know to come near the prison to eat the corpses?
4. On what is Papillon working in "A Raft in a Tomb"?
5. How does Papillon know that this escape attempt is a success?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)