|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the village where Papillon and his cohorts are taken in?
2. What challenge does Papillon and his new cohorts face when they begin their journey?
(a) Sting Rays.
(b) Rough seas.
3. In what year is Papillon transferred to another island?
4. How does Papillon know that this escape attempt is a success?
(a) He is promised a ride back to France.
(b) The men on the ship are friendly.
(c) He is with U.S. military personnel.
(d) No prisoners have been returned since the onset of the war.
5. What does Papillon utilize to make the raft float?
(b) Inner tubes.
6. Which man comes to Papillon with a plan for escape?
(a) Jacques Fournier.
(b) Vincent Boulange.
(c) Pascal Gaudet.
(d) Romeo Salvida.
7. What is Papillon's only job at the new prison?
(b) Feeding pigs.
(c) Catching fish.
(d) Cleaning bathrooms.
8. Why is Papillon saddled with the mentally and physically challenged man?
(a) Papillon can carry him where he needs to go.
(b) Papillon can speak Spanish.
(c) The man can teach Papillon a new trade.
(d) The man adores Papillon.
9. Why does Papillon refuse to come closer to the torpedo ship?
(a) He doesn't know if it is an enemy ship.
(b) His smaller boat will be broken to pieces.
(c) He does not want to be sent back to the bagne.
(d) He thinks it would fire on him.
10. What seems to dismay Papillon about the prison?
(a) How the prisoners simply accept their fate.
(b) Why the food is always spoiled.
(c) Why the wardens are changed so often.
(d) Why any men would choose to work there.
11. How many others join Papillon on another cavale?
12. What does Papillon name the large sized waves that he will need in his escape?
13. How many years of solitary confinement does Papillon receive for killing the man in #116?
14. On what is Papillon working in "A Raft in a Tomb"?
(a) A prison library.
(b) An organic garden.
(c) Boat repairs.
(d) His next escape plan.
15. Papillon decides to count off this time in solitary in increments of _________________.
(b) Six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Papillon have to stay in the area before he can go free?
2. To which island is Papillon granted a transfer?
3. What does the man in #155 bring with him on the escape with Papillon?
4. What is the name of the animal that Papillon has to lead to the sea?
5. What is the name of the torpedo ship that Papillon and the others see?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)