|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes over the navigation of Papillon's boat?
(a) The captain.
(b) A sailor.
(c) A pilot.
(d) A gunner.
2. What is the name of the prison where Papillon and his cohorts are taken?
(a) El Dante.
(b) El Diablo.
(c) El Durand.
(d) El Dorado.
3. Which man does Papillon learn is watching Papillon's clandestine moves?
(a) Philippe Grosvenor.
(b) Alain Fournier.
(c) Bebert Celier.
(d) Robert Duvalier.
4. Papillon is so affected by Carobnieri's death that he ___________________.
(a) Goes on a starvation diet.
(b) Wants to die too.
(c) Vows to avenge Carobnieri's murder.
(d) Writes a letter to Carobnieri's wife.
5. How many others join Papillon on another cavale?
6. Why has Papillon decided to begin a new escape plan?
(a) The weather is more favorable.
(b) He is feeling healthy again.
(c) He wants to return to Curacao.
(d) The old warden is gone.
7. What is the name of the torpedo ship that Papillon and the others see?
8. One day, someone asks Papillon if Maturette is ___________________.
(a) Innocent of his crime.
(b) Papillon's property.
(c) A religious man.
(d) An educated man.
9. To what do Papillon and his cohorts tie up when arriving at the country in #167?
(a) A dock.
(b) A reef.
(c) A mine.
(d) A yacht.
10. What does Papillon name the large sized waves that he will need in his escape?
11. Papillon's time in the insane asylum is put down as _____________________.
(a) An epileptic seizure.
(b) A migraine attack.
(c) A temporary psychotic break.
(d) Symptoms of gonorrhea.
12. Why is Papillon set free after only 19 months of an eight-year sentence?
(a) He gets a reprieve from the king.
(b) He tries to save a young girl from a shark attack.
(c) He is ill and needs fresh air to live.
(d) He is teaching the warden's son how to speak German.
13. To which of the penal colony islands are the three organizers of the revolt sent?
(c) Saint Thomas.
(d) Saint Joseph.
14. What does Diable mean?
(a) Devil's Island.
15. Who is Chang's brother who helps Papillon?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year is Papillon transferred to another island?
2. What tires Papillon soon while living in the location in #164?
3. What does Papillon bribe those who dish out the food to do for him?
4. Where is Papillon's friend, Carbonieri, killed?
5. Papillon and his cohorts end up on the coast of which country?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)