|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Papillon's friend, Carbonieri, killed?
(a) In his bed.
(b) In the dining hall.
(c) In the washroom.
(d) In the chapel.
2. Papillon decides to count off this time in solitary in increments of _________________.
(a) Six months.
3. What do Papillon and the others encounter a few days after their journey?
(a) A cruise ship.
(b) A dirigible.
(c) U.S. Air Force planes.
(d) A yacht.
4. Who is Chang's brother who helps Papillon?
5. Why does Papillon refuse to come closer to the torpedo ship?
(a) His smaller boat will be broken to pieces.
(b) He thinks it would fire on him.
(c) He doesn't know if it is an enemy ship.
(d) He does not want to be sent back to the bagne.
6. What tires Papillon soon while living in the location in #164?
(a) There is no night life.
(b) There are very few women.
(c) He cannot get any radio reception.
(d) Constant brushes with the police.
7. What does Papillon bribe those who dish out the food to do for him?
(a) Give him choice meat and more vegetables.
(b) Slip in some sweets once in awhile.
(c) Give him double the bread allotment.
(d) Slip him some wine sometimes.
8. What challenge does Papillon and his new cohorts face when they begin their journey?
(a) Rough seas.
(c) Sting Rays.
9. Which prisoner agrees to escape with Papillon this time?
10. What is Papillon's extraordinary change in character?
(a) He wants to study to become a police officer.
(b) He wants to return to his Indian wives.
(c) He wants to study to become an attorney.
(d) He wants to serve out his punishment and then go free and clear.
11. What is the name of the village where Papillon and his cohorts are taken in?
12. What do some of the prisoners hope for when they hear rumors of civil unrest in France?
(a) That the prisoners will be set free to become soldiers.
(b) That the prisoners' sentences will be commuted.
(c) That a democratic government will be installed.
(d) That prisoners will get better treatment from a new government.
13. What does Papillon say is one of the dangers of life in prison?
(a) The cold, wet living conditions.
(b) Eating rotten meat.
(c) Alienating the guards.
(d) A false sense of security.
14. Papillon and his cohorts end up on the coast of which country?
15. To which of the penal colony islands are the three organizers of the revolt sent?
(a) Saint Joseph.
(b) Saint Thomas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the animal that Papillon has to lead to the sea?
2. What seems to dismay Papillon about the prison?
3. Papillon says that it is a role of survival to have _________________ at all times.
4. The new warden asks Papillon not to attempt an escape for ________________ and then the warden would be gone.
5. Papillon's time in the insane asylum is put down as _____________________.
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)