|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Papillon utilize to make the raft float?
(a) Inner tubes.
2. One day, someone asks Papillon if Maturette is ___________________.
(a) Papillon's property.
(b) A religious man.
(c) An educated man.
(d) Innocent of his crime.
3. How long is Papillon to live in the rural area to complete his deal?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two years.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) One year.
4. Papillon is so affected by Carobnieri's death that he ___________________.
(a) Writes a letter to Carobnieri's wife.
(b) Goes on a starvation diet.
(c) Wants to die too.
(d) Vows to avenge Carobnieri's murder.
5. Which man comes to Papillon with a plan for escape?
(a) Jacques Fournier.
(b) Pascal Gaudet.
(c) Romeo Salvida.
(d) Vincent Boulange.
6. Papillon buries pieces of the raft in the garden and in __________________.
(a) The orchard.
(b) The church yard.
(c) The cemetery.
(d) The beach.
7. What does Papillon say is one of the dangers of life in prison?
(a) Eating rotten meat.
(b) The cold, wet living conditions.
(c) A false sense of security.
(d) Alienating the guards.
8. What tires Papillon soon while living in the location in #164?
(a) Constant brushes with the police.
(b) There are very few women.
(c) There is no night life.
(d) He cannot get any radio reception.
9. Papillon and his cohorts end up on the coast of which country?
10. Who is acquitted of his role in Papillon's escape attempt?
11. What is Papillon's sole concern after being rescued by the torpedo ship?
(a) He won't be able to choose where he lives.
(b) That he will be returned to Devil's Island.
(c) That he will be returned to France and face trial.
(d) That he will be forced to join the army.
12. Papillon points out that there are male prisoners living _______________________.
(a) As husband and wife.
(b) Without speaking to anyone.
(c) In squalor.
(d) Like animals.
13. Papillon is warned that he cannot escape from the island in #146 because of __________________.
(a) The sharks.
(b) The high seas.
(c) The squealers.
(d) The guards.
14. How old is Papillon when he is transferred to the new island?
15. Who does Papillon invite to join him in his escape?
(a) Jacques Chevalier.
(b) Matthieu Carbonieri.
(c) Edward Garnier.
(d) Frederic Dupont.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the sharks know to come near the prison to eat the corpses?
2. The new warden tells Papillon that Papillon is to work with __________________.
3. What is the condition on which Papillon is to be set free?
4. Papillon decides to count off this time in solitary in increments of _________________.
5. How does Sylvain die?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)