|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Papillon's friend, Carbonieri, killed?
(a) In the washroom.
(b) In his bed.
(c) In the dining hall.
(d) In the chapel.
2. Who is Chang's brother who helps Papillon?
3. What is Papillon's only job at the new prison?
(a) Cleaning bathrooms.
(b) Feeding pigs.
(d) Catching fish.
4. What precious stones do the prisoners find?
5. Papillon points out that there are male prisoners living _______________________.
(a) Like animals.
(b) Without speaking to anyone.
(c) In squalor.
(d) As husband and wife.
6. What seems to dismay Papillon about the prison?
(a) Why any men would choose to work there.
(b) Why the wardens are changed so often.
(c) How the prisoners simply accept their fate.
(d) Why the food is always spoiled.
7. What is the main livelihood of the people who take in Papillon?
8. What is Papillon's extraordinary change in character?
(a) He wants to return to his Indian wives.
(b) He wants to study to become an attorney.
(c) He wants to serve out his punishment and then go free and clear.
(d) He wants to study to become a police officer.
9. Papillon and his cohorts end up on the coast of which country?
10. What town are Papillon and his cohorts taken to by the police?
11. Papillon is so affected by Carobnieri's death that he ___________________.
(a) Vows to avenge Carobnieri's murder.
(b) Wants to die too.
(c) Goes on a starvation diet.
(d) Writes a letter to Carobnieri's wife.
12. What is the name of the village where Papillon and his cohorts are taken in?
13. How does Papillon know that this escape attempt is a success?
(a) He is with U.S. military personnel.
(b) No prisoners have been returned since the onset of the war.
(c) He is promised a ride back to France.
(d) The men on the ship are friendly.
14. What is the name of the prison where Papillon and his cohorts are taken?
(a) El Dorado.
(b) El Diablo.
(c) El Dante.
(d) El Durand.
15. What challenge does Papillon and his new cohorts face when they begin their journey?
(b) Sting Rays.
(c) Rough seas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which man does Papillon learn is watching Papillon's clandestine moves?
2. What happens to Salvida during the escape attempt?
3. What does Papillon bribe those who dish out the food to do for him?
4. What occurs in Papillon's personal life?
5. What does Papillon utilize to make the raft float?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)