|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man in #155 bring with him on the escape with Papillon?
(a) A map.
(b) A plan.
(c) Medical supplies.
(d) A pig.
2. What is Papillon's extraordinary change in character?
(a) He wants to study to become a police officer.
(b) He wants to study to become an attorney.
(c) He wants to serve out his punishment and then go free and clear.
(d) He wants to return to his Indian wives.
3. To which island is Papillon granted a transfer?
(b) St. Croix.
4. To what do Papillon and his cohorts tie up when arriving at the country in #167?
(a) A dock.
(b) A reef.
(c) A yacht.
(d) A mine.
5. What is the name of the prison where Papillon and his cohorts are taken?
(a) El Dante.
(b) El Durand.
(c) El Dorado.
(d) El Diablo.
6. How do the sharks know to come near the prison to eat the corpses?
(a) They come when they smell blood.
(b) They come after the bell is rung.
(c) They come every day at the same time.
(d) They are always there.
7. Who becomes Papillon's new friend at the new prison?
8. Which of the following is NOT something Papillon tells the guards to have him admitted to the insane asylum?
(a) He hears his dead mother talking to him.
(b) He hears the constant sound of pumping.
(c) He has black dots in front of his eyes that go away when he looks in the mirror.
(d) He is battling invisible tormentors.
9. Why is Papillon saddled with the mentally and physically challenged man?
(a) The man adores Papillon.
(b) The man can teach Papillon a new trade.
(c) Papillon can speak Spanish.
(d) Papillon can carry him where he needs to go.
10. Papillon and his cohorts end up on the coast of which country?
11. What does Papillon bribe those who dish out the food to do for him?
(a) Slip in some sweets once in awhile.
(b) Slip him some wine sometimes.
(c) Give him choice meat and more vegetables.
(d) Give him double the bread allotment.
12. Who does Papillon invite to join him in his escape?
(a) Edward Garnier.
(b) Matthieu Carbonieri.
(c) Jacques Chevalier.
(d) Frederic Dupont.
13. What is the name of the animal that Papillon has to lead to the sea?
14. Who takes over the navigation of Papillon's boat?
(a) The captain.
(b) A gunner.
(c) A sailor.
(d) A pilot.
15. What seems to dismay Papillon about the prison?
(a) Why the food is always spoiled.
(b) Why the wardens are changed so often.
(c) Why any men would choose to work there.
(d) How the prisoners simply accept their fate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Papillon buries pieces of the raft in the garden and in __________________.
2. What does Papillon say is one of the dangers of life in prison?
3. Who is acquitted of his role in Papillon's escape attempt?
4. Who is Chang's brother who helps Papillon?
5. To what island does Papillon get transferred?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)