|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Diable mean?
(a) Devil's Island.
2. Where is Papillon's friend, Carbonieri, killed?
(a) In the chapel.
(b) In the dining hall.
(c) In his bed.
(d) In the washroom.
3. What does the man in #155 bring with him on the escape with Papillon?
(a) A pig.
(b) Medical supplies.
(c) A map.
(d) A plan.
4. Papillon is warned that he cannot escape from the island in #146 because of __________________.
(a) The squealers.
(b) The sharks.
(c) The guards.
(d) The high seas.
5. Who takes over the navigation of Papillon's boat?
(a) A pilot.
(b) A sailor.
(c) A gunner.
(d) The captain.
6. How does Papillon know that this escape attempt is a success?
(a) The men on the ship are friendly.
(b) No prisoners have been returned since the onset of the war.
(c) He is with U.S. military personnel.
(d) He is promised a ride back to France.
7. Which man does Papillon learn is watching Papillon's clandestine moves?
(a) Philippe Grosvenor.
(b) Alain Fournier.
(c) Robert Duvalier.
(d) Bebert Celier.
8. What precious stones do the prisoners find?
9. Papillon's time in the insane asylum is put down as _____________________.
(a) Symptoms of gonorrhea.
(b) An epileptic seizure.
(c) A temporary psychotic break.
(d) A migraine attack.
10. What does Papillon name the large sized waves that he will need in his escape?
11. How old is Papillon when he is transferred to the new island?
12. What do some of the prisoners hope for when they hear rumors of civil unrest in France?
(a) That prisoners will get better treatment from a new government.
(b) That the prisoners' sentences will be commuted.
(c) That the prisoners will be set free to become soldiers.
(d) That a democratic government will be installed.
13. What is Papillon's response when three prisoners come to him with a plan for a revolt?
(a) He discourages them.
(b) He wants to join in.
(c) He wants to think about it.
(d) He wants to be the leader.
14. Which of the following is NOT something Papillon tells the guards to have him admitted to the insane asylum?
(a) He is battling invisible tormentors.
(b) He has black dots in front of his eyes that go away when he looks in the mirror.
(c) He hears the constant sound of pumping.
(d) He hears his dead mother talking to him.
15. Who is acquitted of his role in Papillon's escape attempt?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Papillon and the others encounter a few days after their journey?
2. Which prisoner agrees to escape with Papillon this time?
3. To what island does Papillon get transferred?
4. The man in #139 plans to tie ________________ together to serve as a raft.
5. Papillon points out that there are male prisoners living _______________________.
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)