|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Papillon set free after only 19 months of an eight-year sentence?
(a) He is ill and needs fresh air to live.
(b) He is teaching the warden's son how to speak German.
(c) He tries to save a young girl from a shark attack.
(d) He gets a reprieve from the king.
2. How old is Papillon when he is transferred to the new island?
3. Who takes over the navigation of Papillon's boat?
(a) A sailor.
(b) A pilot.
(c) The captain.
(d) A gunner.
4. Where is Papillon's friend, Carbonieri, killed?
(a) In the washroom.
(b) In the chapel.
(c) In the dining hall.
(d) In his bed.
5. Who does Papillon kill for squealing about Papillon's escape?
(a) Remy Boutin.
(b) Bebert Celier.
(c) Serge Bertrand.
(d) Thierry Bessette.
6. What happens to Salvida during the escape attempt?
(a) He is shot by a guard.
(b) He drowns.
(c) He is crushed on the rocks.
(d) He is eaten by a shark.
7. The new warden tells Papillon that Papillon is to work with __________________.
(a) The buffaloes.
(b) The chickens.
(c) The fishermen.
(d) The gardeners.
8. What precious stones do the prisoners find?
9. To which island is Papillon granted a transfer?
(d) St. Croix.
10. What does Papillon utilize to make the raft float?
(a) Inner tubes.
11. Who becomes Papillon's new friend at the new prison?
12. What is the main livelihood of the people who take in Papillon?
13. What happens to the men who killed Carobnieri?
(a) The prisoners kill them.
(b) They are found innocent.
(c) They are exiled on a raft with no supplies.
(d) They are found guilty but pardoned.
14. Papillon points out that there are male prisoners living _______________________.
(a) Without speaking to anyone.
(b) In squalor.
(c) Like animals.
(d) As husband and wife.
15. Papillon decides to count off this time in solitary in increments of _________________.
(c) Six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which prisoner agrees to escape with Papillon this time?
2. What do some of the prisoners hope for when they hear rumors of civil unrest in France?
3. The man in #139 plans to tie ________________ together to serve as a raft.
4. What is Papillon's response when three prisoners come to him with a plan for a revolt?
5. Which man comes to Papillon with a plan for escape?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)