|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the condition on which Papillon is to be set free?
(a) That he will leave and never return.
(b) That he will turn over the diamonds.
(c) That he will cooperate with authorities.
(d) That he will take care of an old man.
2. What does Papillon say is one of the dangers of life in prison?
(a) A false sense of security.
(b) Eating rotten meat.
(c) Alienating the guards.
(d) The cold, wet living conditions.
3. To what do Papillon and his cohorts tie up when arriving at the country in #167?
(a) A mine.
(b) A yacht.
(c) A reef.
(d) A dock.
4. The man in #139 plans to tie ________________ together to serve as a raft.
(b) Milk bottles.
5. How long does Papillon have to stay in the area before he can go free?
(a) One year.
(b) Ninety days.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three years.
6. What is the name of the village where Papillon and his cohorts are taken in?
7. What is the name of the torpedo ship that Papillon and the others see?
8. What is the main livelihood of the people who take in Papillon?
9. Who does Papillon invite to join him in his escape?
(a) Jacques Chevalier.
(b) Edward Garnier.
(c) Frederic Dupont.
(d) Matthieu Carbonieri.
10. Which man does Papillon learn is watching Papillon's clandestine moves?
(a) Alain Fournier.
(b) Bebert Celier.
(c) Robert Duvalier.
(d) Philippe Grosvenor.
11. Who is the new warden now in charge of the Royale bagne?
12. What does the man in #155 bring with him on the escape with Papillon?
(a) A map.
(b) Medical supplies.
(c) A pig.
(d) A plan.
13. What does Papillon utilize to make the raft float?
(b) Inner tubes.
14. Papillon is warned that he cannot escape from the island in #146 because of __________________.
(a) The high seas.
(b) The guards.
(c) The sharks.
(d) The squealers.
15. Why has Papillon decided to begin a new escape plan?
(a) The weather is more favorable.
(b) He wants to return to Curacao.
(c) He is feeling healthy again.
(d) The old warden is gone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the men who killed Carobnieri?
2. What seems to dismay Papillon about the prison?
3. What town are Papillon and his cohorts taken to by the police?
4. How old is Papillon when he is transferred to the new island?
5. Papillon decides to count off this time in solitary in increments of _________________.
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)