|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Papillon refuse to come closer to the torpedo ship?
(a) He does not want to be sent back to the bagne.
(b) His smaller boat will be broken to pieces.
(c) He doesn't know if it is an enemy ship.
(d) He thinks it would fire on him.
2. What challenge does Papillon and his new cohorts face when they begin their journey?
(a) Sting Rays.
(d) Rough seas.
3. Who takes over the navigation of Papillon's boat?
(a) A sailor.
(b) The captain.
(c) A pilot.
(d) A gunner.
4. Papillon points out that there are male prisoners living _______________________.
(a) Without speaking to anyone.
(b) As husband and wife.
(c) Like animals.
(d) In squalor.
5. Where does the torpedo ship land?
(b) St. Barts.
6. Who is acquitted of his role in Papillon's escape attempt?
7. On what is Papillon working in "A Raft in a Tomb"?
(a) A prison library.
(b) His next escape plan.
(c) Boat repairs.
(d) An organic garden.
8. What precious stones do the prisoners find?
9. Which of the following is NOT something Papillon tells the guards to have him admitted to the insane asylum?
(a) He hears the constant sound of pumping.
(b) He is battling invisible tormentors.
(c) He has black dots in front of his eyes that go away when he looks in the mirror.
(d) He hears his dead mother talking to him.
10. What does the man in #155 bring with him on the escape with Papillon?
(a) Medical supplies.
(b) A map.
(c) A pig.
(d) A plan.
11. In what year is Papillon transferred to another island?
12. What does Papillon bribe those who dish out the food to do for him?
(a) Slip in some sweets once in awhile.
(b) Slip him some wine sometimes.
(c) Give him double the bread allotment.
(d) Give him choice meat and more vegetables.
13. Papillon buries pieces of the raft in the garden and in __________________.
(a) The church yard.
(b) The cemetery.
(c) The orchard.
(d) The beach.
14. Why has Papillon decided to begin a new escape plan?
(a) He wants to return to Curacao.
(b) The old warden is gone.
(c) The weather is more favorable.
(d) He is feeling healthy again.
15. How many years of solitary confinement does Papillon receive for killing the man in #116?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the new warden now in charge of the Royale bagne?
2. The man in #139 plans to tie ________________ together to serve as a raft.
3. How old is Papillon when he is transferred to the new island?
4. Who does Papillon invite to join him in his escape?
5. To what island does Papillon get transferred?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)