|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which of the penal colony islands are the three organizers of the revolt sent?
(a) Saint Joseph.
(b) Saint Thomas.
2. Why does Papillon refuse to come closer to the torpedo ship?
(a) He thinks it would fire on him.
(b) He does not want to be sent back to the bagne.
(c) He doesn't know if it is an enemy ship.
(d) His smaller boat will be broken to pieces.
3. What place does Papillon say that he wants to stay and make his home?
4. What is the name of the prison where Papillon and his cohorts are taken?
(a) El Dorado.
(b) El Diablo.
(c) El Dante.
(d) El Durand.
5. What challenge does Papillon and his new cohorts face when they begin their journey?
(b) Sting Rays.
(c) Rough seas.
6. In what year is Papillon transferred to another island?
7. What does the man in #155 bring with him on the escape with Papillon?
(a) Medical supplies.
(b) A plan.
(c) A map.
(d) A pig.
8. Who takes over the navigation of Papillon's boat?
(a) A gunner.
(b) A pilot.
(c) A sailor.
(d) The captain.
9. What does Papillon have to hide during his escape plan?
(b) Pieces of a raft.
(c) Dried food.
(d) Medical supplies.
10. What does Papillon say is one of the dangers of life in prison?
(a) A false sense of security.
(b) Eating rotten meat.
(c) Alienating the guards.
(d) The cold, wet living conditions.
11. Why has Papillon decided to begin a new escape plan?
(a) The old warden is gone.
(b) He wants to return to Curacao.
(c) He is feeling healthy again.
(d) The weather is more favorable.
12. How does Sylvain die?
(a) He is shot by a guard.
(b) He is eaten by sharks.
(c) He breaks his neck in a fall.
(d) He is swallowed by quicksand.
13. Papillon is warned that he cannot escape from the island in #146 because of __________________.
(a) The squealers.
(b) The guards.
(c) The sharks.
(d) The high seas.
14. The man in #139 plans to tie ________________ together to serve as a raft.
(c) Milk bottles.
15. One day, someone asks Papillon if Maturette is ___________________.
(a) An educated man.
(b) Papillon's property.
(c) A religious man.
(d) Innocent of his crime.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Papillon and the others encounter a few days after their journey?
2. To which island is Papillon granted a transfer?
3. Papillon points out that there are male prisoners living _______________________.
4. What precious stones do the prisoners find?
5. How long does Papillon have to stay in the area before he can go free?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)