|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Papillon name the large sized waves that he will need in his escape?
2. Which of the following is NOT something Papillon tells the guards to have him admitted to the insane asylum?
(a) He hears his dead mother talking to him.
(b) He has black dots in front of his eyes that go away when he looks in the mirror.
(c) He is battling invisible tormentors.
(d) He hears the constant sound of pumping.
3. What does Papillon know will happen to Carobnieri's dead body?
(a) It will be cremated.
(b) The sharks will eat it.
(c) It will be buried in the prison graveyard.
(d) It will be sent back to France.
4. What town are Papillon and his cohorts taken to by the police?
5. What do some of the prisoners hope for when they hear rumors of civil unrest in France?
(a) That the prisoners will be set free to become soldiers.
(b) That the prisoners' sentences will be commuted.
(c) That a democratic government will be installed.
(d) That prisoners will get better treatment from a new government.
6. What do Papillon and the others encounter a few days after their journey?
(a) U.S. Air Force planes.
(b) A yacht.
(c) A cruise ship.
(d) A dirigible.
7. What is the condition on which Papillon is to be set free?
(a) That he will turn over the diamonds.
(b) That he will take care of an old man.
(c) That he will cooperate with authorities.
(d) That he will leave and never return.
8. The man in #139 plans to tie ________________ together to serve as a raft.
(d) Milk bottles.
9. How do the sharks know to come near the prison to eat the corpses?
(a) They come after the bell is rung.
(b) They come every day at the same time.
(c) They come when they smell blood.
(d) They are always there.
10. What happens to the men who killed Carobnieri?
(a) They are found innocent.
(b) They are exiled on a raft with no supplies.
(c) The prisoners kill them.
(d) They are found guilty but pardoned.
11. What is Papillon's only job at the new prison?
(a) Catching fish.
(b) Cleaning bathrooms.
(d) Feeding pigs.
12. What does Papillon utilize to make the raft float?
(b) Inner tubes.
13. What place does Papillon say that he wants to stay and make his home?
14. What is the name of the torpedo ship that Papillon and the others see?
15. Why has Papillon decided to begin a new escape plan?
(a) The old warden is gone.
(b) He wants to return to Curacao.
(c) He is feeling healthy again.
(d) The weather is more favorable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes over the navigation of Papillon's boat?
2. What is the main livelihood of the people who take in Papillon?
3. What is the name of the animal that Papillon has to lead to the sea?
4. Who is the new warden now in charge of the Royale bagne?
5. Who becomes Papillon's new friend at the new prison?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)