|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occurs in Papillon's personal life?
(a) He converts to Catholicism.
(b) He becomes a minister.
(c) He marries and fathers a child.
(d) He learns the trade of carpentry.
2. Who is acquitted of his role in Papillon's escape attempt?
3. What is Papillon's response when three prisoners come to him with a plan for a revolt?
(a) He wants to be the leader.
(b) He wants to join in.
(c) He wants to think about it.
(d) He discourages them.
4. What is Papillon's only job at the new prison?
(b) Catching fish.
(c) Feeding pigs.
(d) Cleaning bathrooms.
5. Papillon says that it is a role of survival to have _________________ at all times.
(d) A knife.
6. Papillon and his cohorts end up on the coast of which country?
7. How do the sharks know to come near the prison to eat the corpses?
(a) They come when they smell blood.
(b) They come after the bell is rung.
(c) They come every day at the same time.
(d) They are always there.
8. What challenge does Papillon and his new cohorts face when they begin their journey?
(b) Rough seas.
(d) Sting Rays.
9. What does the man in #155 bring with him on the escape with Papillon?
(a) A pig.
(b) A plan.
(c) Medical supplies.
(d) A map.
10. Why is Papillon set free after only 19 months of an eight-year sentence?
(a) He gets a reprieve from the king.
(b) He tries to save a young girl from a shark attack.
(c) He is ill and needs fresh air to live.
(d) He is teaching the warden's son how to speak German.
11. Who is the new warden now in charge of the Royale bagne?
12. Papillon decides to count off this time in solitary in increments of _________________.
(b) Six months.
13. Why is Papillon saddled with the mentally and physically challenged man?
(a) Papillon can carry him where he needs to go.
(b) Papillon can speak Spanish.
(c) The man can teach Papillon a new trade.
(d) The man adores Papillon.
14. The new warden asks Papillon not to attempt an escape for ________________ and then the warden would be gone.
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Ten weeks.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Six months.
15. What do Papillon and the others encounter a few days after their journey?
(a) A cruise ship.
(b) U.S. Air Force planes.
(c) A dirigible.
(d) A yacht.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Papillon utilize to make the raft float?
2. Who takes over the navigation of Papillon's boat?
3. Which of the following is NOT something Papillon tells the guards to have him admitted to the insane asylum?
4. What happens to Salvida during the escape attempt?
5. To which of the penal colony islands are the three organizers of the revolt sent?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)