|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Papillon's extraordinary change in character?
(a) He wants to study to become a police officer.
(b) He wants to return to his Indian wives.
(c) He wants to serve out his punishment and then go free and clear.
(d) He wants to study to become an attorney.
2. Which prisoner agrees to escape with Papillon this time?
3. What is the condition on which Papillon is to be set free?
(a) That he will turn over the diamonds.
(b) That he will cooperate with authorities.
(c) That he will take care of an old man.
(d) That he will leave and never return.
4. What occurs in Papillon's personal life?
(a) He learns the trade of carpentry.
(b) He marries and fathers a child.
(c) He becomes a minister.
(d) He converts to Catholicism.
5. Papillon says that it is a role of survival to have _________________ at all times.
(a) A knife.
6. What does the man in #155 bring with him on the escape with Papillon?
(a) A pig.
(b) A map.
(c) A plan.
(d) Medical supplies.
7. Papillon's time in the insane asylum is put down as _____________________.
(a) Symptoms of gonorrhea.
(b) A temporary psychotic break.
(c) A migraine attack.
(d) An epileptic seizure.
8. How many years of solitary confinement does Papillon receive for killing the man in #116?
9. How many others join Papillon on another cavale?
10. Papillon decides to count off this time in solitary in increments of _________________.
(b) Six months.
11. Why is Papillon set free after only 19 months of an eight-year sentence?
(a) He gets a reprieve from the king.
(b) He is teaching the warden's son how to speak German.
(c) He is ill and needs fresh air to live.
(d) He tries to save a young girl from a shark attack.
12. What does Papillon have to hide during his escape plan?
(a) Dried food.
(b) Medical supplies.
(d) Pieces of a raft.
13. Why is Papillon saddled with the mentally and physically challenged man?
(a) The man can teach Papillon a new trade.
(b) Papillon can carry him where he needs to go.
(c) The man adores Papillon.
(d) Papillon can speak Spanish.
14. What challenge does Papillon and his new cohorts face when they begin their journey?
(b) Rough seas.
(c) Sting Rays.
15. What do some of the prisoners hope for when they hear rumors of civil unrest in France?
(a) That a democratic government will be installed.
(b) That prisoners will get better treatment from a new government.
(c) That the prisoners will be set free to become soldiers.
(d) That the prisoners' sentences will be commuted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Papillon and his cohorts end up on the coast of which country?
2. To what do Papillon and his cohorts tie up when arriving at the country in #167?
3. The man in #139 plans to tie ________________ together to serve as a raft.
4. Who is Chang's brother who helps Papillon?
5. In what year is Papillon transferred to another island?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)