|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Papillon have to hide during his escape plan?
(b) Dried food.
(c) Medical supplies.
(d) Pieces of a raft.
2. Papillon points out that there are male prisoners living _______________________.
(a) Like animals.
(b) In squalor.
(c) As husband and wife.
(d) Without speaking to anyone.
3. Where does the torpedo ship land?
(b) St. Barts.
4. Who becomes Papillon's new friend at the new prison?
5. What is the name of the animal that Papillon has to lead to the sea?
6. What is the name of the village where Papillon and his cohorts are taken in?
7. What place does Papillon say that he wants to stay and make his home?
8. To what do Papillon and his cohorts tie up when arriving at the country in #167?
(a) A mine.
(b) A reef.
(c) A yacht.
(d) A dock.
9. What do some of the prisoners hope for when they hear rumors of civil unrest in France?
(a) That prisoners will get better treatment from a new government.
(b) That the prisoners will be set free to become soldiers.
(c) That a democratic government will be installed.
(d) That the prisoners' sentences will be commuted.
10. How does Papillon know that this escape attempt is a success?
(a) The men on the ship are friendly.
(b) No prisoners have been returned since the onset of the war.
(c) He is promised a ride back to France.
(d) He is with U.S. military personnel.
11. How does Sylvain die?
(a) He is eaten by sharks.
(b) He is swallowed by quicksand.
(c) He is shot by a guard.
(d) He breaks his neck in a fall.
12. Who does Papillon invite to join him in his escape?
(a) Matthieu Carbonieri.
(b) Edward Garnier.
(c) Jacques Chevalier.
(d) Frederic Dupont.
13. To which of the penal colony islands are the three organizers of the revolt sent?
(c) Saint Joseph.
(d) Saint Thomas.
14. To which island is Papillon granted a transfer?
(c) St. Croix.
15. The new warden tells Papillon that Papillon is to work with __________________.
(a) The gardeners.
(b) The chickens.
(c) The fishermen.
(d) The buffaloes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Papillon is so affected by Carobnieri's death that he ___________________.
2. On what is Papillon working in "A Raft in a Tomb"?
3. Who takes over the navigation of Papillon's boat?
4. How do the sharks know to come near the prison to eat the corpses?
5. Which of the following is NOT something Papillon tells the guards to have him admitted to the insane asylum?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)