|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Papillon tells the guards to have him admitted to the insane asylum?
(a) He is battling invisible tormentors.
(b) He hears his dead mother talking to him.
(c) He has black dots in front of his eyes that go away when he looks in the mirror.
(d) He hears the constant sound of pumping.
2. What seems to dismay Papillon about the prison?
(a) Why the food is always spoiled.
(b) Why any men would choose to work there.
(c) Why the wardens are changed so often.
(d) How the prisoners simply accept their fate.
3. Why has Papillon decided to begin a new escape plan?
(a) The weather is more favorable.
(b) The old warden is gone.
(c) He is feeling healthy again.
(d) He wants to return to Curacao.
4. What does Papillon have to hide during his escape plan?
(b) Medical supplies.
(c) Pieces of a raft.
(d) Dried food.
5. How long is Papillon to live in the rural area to complete his deal?
(a) Two years.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Four weeks.
6. What tires Papillon soon while living in the location in #164?
(a) There are very few women.
(b) Constant brushes with the police.
(c) He cannot get any radio reception.
(d) There is no night life.
7. Who is the new warden now in charge of the Royale bagne?
8. Who takes over the navigation of Papillon's boat?
(a) A gunner.
(b) The captain.
(c) A sailor.
(d) A pilot.
9. What is the name of the animal that Papillon has to lead to the sea?
10. Papillon points out that there are male prisoners living _______________________.
(a) As husband and wife.
(b) In squalor.
(c) Like animals.
(d) Without speaking to anyone.
11. What happens to Salvida during the escape attempt?
(a) He is shot by a guard.
(b) He drowns.
(c) He is crushed on the rocks.
(d) He is eaten by a shark.
12. Why does Papillon refuse to come closer to the torpedo ship?
(a) His smaller boat will be broken to pieces.
(b) He doesn't know if it is an enemy ship.
(c) He thinks it would fire on him.
(d) He does not want to be sent back to the bagne.
13. Which man comes to Papillon with a plan for escape?
(a) Romeo Salvida.
(b) Jacques Fournier.
(c) Pascal Gaudet.
(d) Vincent Boulange.
14. What precious stones do the prisoners find?
15. What does Papillon name the large sized waves that he will need in his escape?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Papillon's extraordinary change in character?
2. What does Papillon know will happen to Carobnieri's dead body?
3. What happens to the men who killed Carobnieri?
4. What is the name of the prison where Papillon and his cohorts are taken?
5. Who does Papillon invite to join him in his escape?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)