|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Papillon have to stay in the area before he can go free?
(a) Six months.
(b) One year.
(c) Three years.
(d) Ninety days.
2. The new warden tells Papillon that Papillon is to work with __________________.
(a) The gardeners.
(b) The buffaloes.
(c) The chickens.
(d) The fishermen.
3. What tires Papillon soon while living in the location in #164?
(a) There is no night life.
(b) Constant brushes with the police.
(c) There are very few women.
(d) He cannot get any radio reception.
4. What is Papillon's response when three prisoners come to him with a plan for a revolt?
(a) He wants to join in.
(b) He wants to think about it.
(c) He discourages them.
(d) He wants to be the leader.
5. In what year is Papillon transferred to another island?
6. Why is Papillon set free after only 19 months of an eight-year sentence?
(a) He is ill and needs fresh air to live.
(b) He gets a reprieve from the king.
(c) He tries to save a young girl from a shark attack.
(d) He is teaching the warden's son how to speak German.
7. Who does Papillon invite to join him in his escape?
(a) Jacques Chevalier.
(b) Edward Garnier.
(c) Frederic Dupont.
(d) Matthieu Carbonieri.
8. What seems to dismay Papillon about the prison?
(a) How the prisoners simply accept their fate.
(b) Why any men would choose to work there.
(c) Why the wardens are changed so often.
(d) Why the food is always spoiled.
9. What does Papillon utilize to make the raft float?
(d) Inner tubes.
10. Papillon says that it is a role of survival to have _________________ at all times.
(b) A knife.
11. What occurs in Papillon's personal life?
(a) He marries and fathers a child.
(b) He converts to Catholicism.
(c) He learns the trade of carpentry.
(d) He becomes a minister.
12. What happens to Salvida during the escape attempt?
(a) He drowns.
(b) He is crushed on the rocks.
(c) He is shot by a guard.
(d) He is eaten by a shark.
13. What does the man in #155 bring with him on the escape with Papillon?
(a) A plan.
(b) A map.
(c) Medical supplies.
(d) A pig.
14. Which man comes to Papillon with a plan for escape?
(a) Vincent Boulange.
(b) Pascal Gaudet.
(c) Romeo Salvida.
(d) Jacques Fournier.
15. Papillon's time in the insane asylum is put down as _____________________.
(a) An epileptic seizure.
(b) A migraine attack.
(c) A temporary psychotic break.
(d) Symptoms of gonorrhea.
Short Answer Questions
1. One day, someone asks Papillon if Maturette is ___________________.
2. What does Papillon bribe those who dish out the food to do for him?
3. What does Papillon say is one of the dangers of life in prison?
4. Why does Papillon refuse to come closer to the torpedo ship?
5. Why has Papillon decided to begin a new escape plan?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)