|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Papillon say is one of the dangers of life in prison?
(a) The cold, wet living conditions.
(b) Eating rotten meat.
(c) Alienating the guards.
(d) A false sense of security.
2. On what is Papillon working in "A Raft in a Tomb"?
(a) An organic garden.
(b) His next escape plan.
(c) Boat repairs.
(d) A prison library.
3. What challenge does Papillon and his new cohorts face when they begin their journey?
(b) Sting Rays.
(c) Rough seas.
4. How do the sharks know to come near the prison to eat the corpses?
(a) They come when they smell blood.
(b) They are always there.
(c) They come every day at the same time.
(d) They come after the bell is rung.
5. Which man comes to Papillon with a plan for escape?
(a) Pascal Gaudet.
(b) Vincent Boulange.
(c) Romeo Salvida.
(d) Jacques Fournier.
6. How long does Papillon have to stay in the area before he can go free?
(a) Ninety days.
(b) Three years.
(c) One year.
(d) Six months.
7. What is the name of the prison where Papillon and his cohorts are taken?
(a) El Dante.
(b) El Dorado.
(c) El Durand.
(d) El Diablo.
8. The new warden asks Papillon not to attempt an escape for ________________ and then the warden would be gone.
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Ten weeks.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Six months.
9. Who becomes Papillon's new friend at the new prison?
10. To which island is Papillon granted a transfer?
(c) St. Croix.
11. What does Papillon bribe those who dish out the food to do for him?
(a) Slip in some sweets once in awhile.
(b) Give him choice meat and more vegetables.
(c) Slip him some wine sometimes.
(d) Give him double the bread allotment.
12. What town are Papillon and his cohorts taken to by the police?
13. Which of the following is NOT something Papillon tells the guards to have him admitted to the insane asylum?
(a) He hears his dead mother talking to him.
(b) He has black dots in front of his eyes that go away when he looks in the mirror.
(c) He is battling invisible tormentors.
(d) He hears the constant sound of pumping.
14. What does Diable mean?
(b) Devil's Island.
15. What happens to Salvida during the escape attempt?
(a) He is crushed on the rocks.
(b) He drowns.
(c) He is shot by a guard.
(d) He is eaten by a shark.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tires Papillon soon while living in the location in #164?
2. Who is Chang's brother who helps Papillon?
3. Who is the new warden now in charge of the Royale bagne?
4. Why does Papillon refuse to come closer to the torpedo ship?
5. Who takes over the navigation of Papillon's boat?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)