|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The new warden tells Papillon that Papillon is to work with __________________.
(a) The fishermen.
(b) The chickens.
(c) The gardeners.
(d) The buffaloes.
2. Papillon points out that there are male prisoners living _______________________.
(a) In squalor.
(b) Like animals.
(c) Without speaking to anyone.
(d) As husband and wife.
3. What tires Papillon soon while living in the location in #164?
(a) There is no night life.
(b) Constant brushes with the police.
(c) He cannot get any radio reception.
(d) There are very few women.
4. One day, someone asks Papillon if Maturette is ___________________.
(a) An educated man.
(b) Innocent of his crime.
(c) Papillon's property.
(d) A religious man.
5. What does Papillon have to hide during his escape plan?
(b) Medical supplies.
(c) Dried food.
(d) Pieces of a raft.
6. What does Papillon name the large sized waves that he will need in his escape?
7. How does Papillon know that this escape attempt is a success?
(a) He is with U.S. military personnel.
(b) The men on the ship are friendly.
(c) No prisoners have been returned since the onset of the war.
(d) He is promised a ride back to France.
8. Which prisoner agrees to escape with Papillon this time?
9. How many others join Papillon on another cavale?
10. What is Papillon's only job at the new prison?
(a) Feeding pigs.
(b) Catching fish.
(c) Cleaning bathrooms.
11. What is the condition on which Papillon is to be set free?
(a) That he will cooperate with authorities.
(b) That he will leave and never return.
(c) That he will turn over the diamonds.
(d) That he will take care of an old man.
12. What is the main livelihood of the people who take in Papillon?
13. What seems to dismay Papillon about the prison?
(a) Why the food is always spoiled.
(b) Why any men would choose to work there.
(c) Why the wardens are changed so often.
(d) How the prisoners simply accept their fate.
14. What does Papillon say is one of the dangers of life in prison?
(a) The cold, wet living conditions.
(b) Eating rotten meat.
(c) A false sense of security.
(d) Alienating the guards.
15. Who takes over the navigation of Papillon's boat?
(a) The captain.
(b) A gunner.
(c) A pilot.
(d) A sailor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Papillon's friend, Carbonieri, killed?
2. How does Sylvain die?
3. Which of the following is NOT something Papillon tells the guards to have him admitted to the insane asylum?
4. What place does Papillon say that he wants to stay and make his home?
5. What is Papillon's extraordinary change in character?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)