|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the men who killed Carobnieri?
(a) The prisoners kill them.
(b) They are found innocent.
(c) They are found guilty but pardoned.
(d) They are exiled on a raft with no supplies.
2. What place does Papillon say that he wants to stay and make his home?
3. What does Papillon bribe those who dish out the food to do for him?
(a) Give him choice meat and more vegetables.
(b) Give him double the bread allotment.
(c) Slip him some wine sometimes.
(d) Slip in some sweets once in awhile.
4. What does Papillon have to hide during his escape plan?
(b) Dried food.
(c) Medical supplies.
(d) Pieces of a raft.
5. To what island does Papillon get transferred?
(a) Saint Marks.
(c) Petit Manse.
6. Where does the torpedo ship land?
(a) St. Barts.
7. What is Papillon's sole concern after being rescued by the torpedo ship?
(a) That he will be returned to France and face trial.
(b) That he will be returned to Devil's Island.
(c) He won't be able to choose where he lives.
(d) That he will be forced to join the army.
8. On what is Papillon working in "A Raft in a Tomb"?
(a) A prison library.
(b) Boat repairs.
(c) His next escape plan.
(d) An organic garden.
9. Papillon says that it is a role of survival to have _________________ at all times.
(a) A knife.
10. What happens to Salvida during the escape attempt?
(a) He is shot by a guard.
(b) He is crushed on the rocks.
(c) He is eaten by a shark.
(d) He drowns.
11. How many years of solitary confinement does Papillon receive for killing the man in #116?
12. Papillon decides to count off this time in solitary in increments of _________________.
(b) Six months.
13. What is Papillon's only job at the new prison?
(a) Catching fish.
(b) Cleaning bathrooms.
(d) Feeding pigs.
14. Papillon's time in the insane asylum is put down as _____________________.
(a) Symptoms of gonorrhea.
(b) An epileptic seizure.
(c) A temporary psychotic break.
(d) A migraine attack.
15. Where is Papillon's friend, Carbonieri, killed?
(a) In the washroom.
(b) In the chapel.
(c) In his bed.
(d) In the dining hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the animal that Papillon has to lead to the sea?
2. How do the sharks know to come near the prison to eat the corpses?
3. Papillon is warned that he cannot escape from the island in #146 because of __________________.
4. To what do Papillon and his cohorts tie up when arriving at the country in #167?
5. How many others join Papillon on another cavale?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)