|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Papillon have to hide during his escape plan?
(a) Dried food.
(c) Medical supplies.
(d) Pieces of a raft.
2. What is the main livelihood of the people who take in Papillon?
3. What do Papillon and the others encounter a few days after their journey?
(a) A cruise ship.
(b) A dirigible.
(c) U.S. Air Force planes.
(d) A yacht.
4. What challenge does Papillon and his new cohorts face when they begin their journey?
(b) Rough seas.
(d) Sting Rays.
5. Papillon is so affected by Carobnieri's death that he ___________________.
(a) Goes on a starvation diet.
(b) Vows to avenge Carobnieri's murder.
(c) Wants to die too.
(d) Writes a letter to Carobnieri's wife.
6. Which man does Papillon learn is watching Papillon's clandestine moves?
(a) Alain Fournier.
(b) Bebert Celier.
(c) Philippe Grosvenor.
(d) Robert Duvalier.
7. Who does Papillon kill for squealing about Papillon's escape?
(a) Serge Bertrand.
(b) Bebert Celier.
(c) Remy Boutin.
(d) Thierry Bessette.
8. What is Papillon's extraordinary change in character?
(a) He wants to study to become a police officer.
(b) He wants to serve out his punishment and then go free and clear.
(c) He wants to return to his Indian wives.
(d) He wants to study to become an attorney.
9. How old is Papillon when he is transferred to the new island?
10. What happens to the men who killed Carobnieri?
(a) They are found guilty but pardoned.
(b) They are found innocent.
(c) The prisoners kill them.
(d) They are exiled on a raft with no supplies.
11. What does the man in #155 bring with him on the escape with Papillon?
(a) Medical supplies.
(b) A plan.
(c) A map.
(d) A pig.
12. How do the sharks know to come near the prison to eat the corpses?
(a) They come when they smell blood.
(b) They come every day at the same time.
(c) They are always there.
(d) They come after the bell is rung.
13. How long does Papillon have to stay in the area before he can go free?
(a) One year.
(b) Ninety days.
(c) Three years.
(d) Six months.
14. Where is Papillon's friend, Carbonieri, killed?
(a) In the chapel.
(b) In his bed.
(c) In the dining hall.
(d) In the washroom.
15. What occurs in Papillon's personal life?
(a) He becomes a minister.
(b) He converts to Catholicism.
(c) He marries and fathers a child.
(d) He learns the trade of carpentry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Papillon name the large sized waves that he will need in his escape?
2. What tires Papillon soon while living in the location in #164?
3. What does Papillon know will happen to Carobnieri's dead body?
4. What is Papillon's sole concern after being rescued by the torpedo ship?
5. How does Sylvain die?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)