|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One day, someone asks Papillon if Maturette is ___________________.
(a) Papillon's property.
(b) Innocent of his crime.
(c) A religious man.
(d) An educated man.
2. What town are Papillon and his cohorts taken to by the police?
3. What does the man in #155 bring with him on the escape with Papillon?
(a) A plan.
(b) Medical supplies.
(c) A pig.
(d) A map.
4. To what island does Papillon get transferred?
(a) Petit Manse.
(b) Saint Marks.
5. Why has Papillon decided to begin a new escape plan?
(a) The weather is more favorable.
(b) He wants to return to Curacao.
(c) He is feeling healthy again.
(d) The old warden is gone.
6. What does Papillon know will happen to Carobnieri's dead body?
(a) It will be cremated.
(b) The sharks will eat it.
(c) It will be buried in the prison graveyard.
(d) It will be sent back to France.
7. Papillon decides to count off this time in solitary in increments of _________________.
(c) Six months.
8. What is Papillon's response when three prisoners come to him with a plan for a revolt?
(a) He discourages them.
(b) He wants to join in.
(c) He wants to be the leader.
(d) He wants to think about it.
9. What challenge does Papillon and his new cohorts face when they begin their journey?
(a) Sting Rays.
(d) Rough seas.
10. Which man comes to Papillon with a plan for escape?
(a) Romeo Salvida.
(b) Jacques Fournier.
(c) Pascal Gaudet.
(d) Vincent Boulange.
11. What does Papillon say is one of the dangers of life in prison?
(a) Eating rotten meat.
(b) The cold, wet living conditions.
(c) Alienating the guards.
(d) A false sense of security.
12. To which island is Papillon granted a transfer?
(d) St. Croix.
13. The new warden tells Papillon that Papillon is to work with __________________.
(a) The buffaloes.
(b) The chickens.
(c) The gardeners.
(d) The fishermen.
14. Papillon and his cohorts end up on the coast of which country?
15. Who is the new warden now in charge of the Royale bagne?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the sharks know to come near the prison to eat the corpses?
2. What is the name of the animal that Papillon has to lead to the sea?
3. Why does Papillon refuse to come closer to the torpedo ship?
4. Papillon points out that there are male prisoners living _______________________.
5. What is the name of the torpedo ship that Papillon and the others see?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)