|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sentence are men never given in Colombia?
(a) Five to ten years.
(c) Life in prison.
(d) Twenty years to life.
2. Which of the following is NOT something Papillon and the others procure in Ile aux Pigeons?
(c) Medical treatment.
3. Who buys a boat for Papillon and the other escapees?
(a) Dr. Roux.
(b) Dr. Moreau.
(c) Dr. Naal.
(d) Dr. Boulanger.
4. What does Papillon receive from a smuggler on the anniversary of his first year in solitary?
(a) Condensed milk.
(c) Hot meal.
5. Why is Clousiot hospitalized on the island?
(a) For dysentery.
(b) For tuberculosis.
(c) For a broken leg.
(d) For malaria.
6. What is a bagne?
(a) A jacket.
(b) A prison.
(c) A sword.
(d) A loaf of bread.
7. Which new prisoner does Papillon join in a daring escape?
8. Prisoners named Julot and ________________ have escaped the bagne and are now among Papillon's group.
(a) Le Guittou.
(c) Le Petit.
9. Who is the man who serves as clerk on the island?
10. Where is Papillon when the book begins?
(a) A courtroom.
(b) A casino.
(c) A church.
(d) A bar.
11. Which prisoner takes great interest in Papillon's escape plan?
(a) Jacques Chevalier.
(b) Joanes Clousiot.
(c) Johannes Broussard.
(d) Jean Chen.
12. What courtesy do the jailers extend to Papillon?
(a) He is allowed visits from prostitutes.
(b) He does not have to wear handcuffs.
(c) He can have all the cigarettes he wants.
(d) He does not have to wear striped prison clothes.
13. What is Papillon's only rule for the three convicts wanting to leave on his boat?
(a) They have to pay Papillon.
(b) They will row at night and sleep during the day.
(c) They have to clean all the fish.
(d) They are not allowed to show any panic.
14. Who is the other prisoner who is going to escape with Papillon?
15. In what do the other prisoners seem to not have any interest?
(a) Cleaning their cells.
(b) Writing letters.
(d) Making wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the man Papillon is accused of murdering?
2. Who is the young man in #40?
3. What does the Bowen family tell the escapees about Trinidad?
4. What is Ile aux Pigeons?
5. How many days are Papillon and Maturette given to leave Trinidad?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)