|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what crime is Papillon on trial?
2. Why does Papillon try to learn all he can about the bagne?
(a) So that he can write a book.
(b) So he can make drawings of it.
(c) So he will be better prepared to escape.
(d) So he can tell his wife about it.
3. Papillon ingests picric acid to prompt what medical condition?
4. What is Papillon's only rule for the three convicts wanting to leave on his boat?
(a) They will row at night and sleep during the day.
(b) They have to clean all the fish.
(c) They are not allowed to show any panic.
(d) They have to pay Papillon.
5. What does Galgani ask Papillon to do for him?
(a) Help with his appeals case.
(b) Summon the guard.
(c) Get him some water.
(d) Carry his plan.
6. What job does Galgani have at the bagne at this time?
(a) Postal service.
(d) Boat repair.
7. What courtesy do the jailers extend to Papillon?
(a) He does not have to wear striped prison clothes.
(b) He does not have to wear handcuffs.
(c) He can have all the cigarettes he wants.
(d) He is allowed visits from prostitutes.
8. What is the nickname for the warden at the Royale bagne?
(a) Coco Sec.
(b) Coco Loco.
(c) Luna Sec.
(d) Mara Loco.
9. Who is the other prisoner who is going to escape with Papillon?
10. Why does Papillon ingest the picric acid?
(a) To treat gonorrhea.
(b) To stop hunger pangs.
(c) To lose weight.
(d) To get transferred to the hospital.
11. After escaping the Indian territory, Papillon finds himself in the company of ______________.
(c) Medicine men.
12. The man in #6 is later arrested for what crime?
(b) Drug trafficking.
13. The bagne is located on which river?
(a) Lyons River.
(b) Marseilles River.
(c) Seine River.
(d) Maroni River.
14. Which country is willing to let Papillon and Maturette dock and rest for awhile on their journey?
15. What medical condition does the prisoner named Ignace Galgani tell Papillon that he has?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which island do the escapees reach after days at sea?
2. Where is Papillon when the book begins?
3. What is the name of the ship that transfers Papillon and the other escapees back to the bagne?
4. Which one of the escapees leaves a note under his pillow stating that he has moved and left no forwarding address?
5. What is a cavale?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)