|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT true about Papillon's cell in the prison in #76?
(a) It floods at high tide.
(b) Rats run rampant.
(c) It is built on a hilltop.
(d) Crabs become a menace.
2. Which prisoner does Galgani fear?
3. What does Papillon admit to the authorities?
(a) He will kill himself before being taken back to prison.
(b) He has escaped from Rio Hacha.
(c) He will give them all his pearls if they don't arrest him.
(d) He will kill anyone who tries to stop him from leaving.
4. In what prison is Papillon held for awhile in Colombia?
(a) Santa Marta.
(b) Santa Clara.
(c) Santa Maria.
(d) Santa Louisa.
5. What do most of the prisoners at the Royale bagne have?
6. What stalls Papillon's departure from Curacao?
(a) He is in the hospital.
(b) No wind for the sails.
(c) He falls in love with a native girl.
(d) He can't bear to leave land.
7. Why are some of the prisoners whipped severely or burned with steam on board the ship to the bagne?
(a) A guard has been attacked.
(b) The prisoners refuse to eat.
(c) A man's plan is stolen.
(d) A man had been stabbed at night.
8. Who is the young man in #40?
9. The bagne is located on which river?
(a) Seine River.
(b) Lyons River.
(c) Marseilles River.
(d) Maroni River.
10. Who is the man Papillon is accused of murdering?
(a) Francois Gaspard.
(b) Roland de Petit.
(c) Yves Mimieux.
(d) Jacque Robillard.
11. How does Papillon incapacitate a guard to attempt another escape?
(a) He strangles him.
(b) He puts a sleeping potion in his coffee.
(c) He pushes him down slippery steps.
(d) He stabs him.
12. Why do some of the other prisoners decline Papillon's offer to escape?
(a) They don't have the money.
(b) They want to wait for a better escape plan.
(c) It is too risky.
(d) They are too weak.
13. Why does Papillon reject the idea of an appeal?
(a) He will try to escape regardless of the sentence.
(b) He does not have the money for a good lawyer.
(c) He knows he is guilty.
(d) He knows people in the city are already turned against him.
14. Who gives Papillon and the others the directions to Ile aux Pigeons?
(a) Masked Boulanger.
(b) Masked Breton.
(c) Masked Bertrand.
(d) Masked Broussard.
15. Who calls the police because he has been told that Papillon has stolen money?
(a) Dr. Neville.
(b) Dr. Naal.
(c) Dr. Morel.
(d) Dr. Grosvenor.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the men in Papillon's group grew up at the bagne and is ___________________.
2. The man in #6 is later arrested for what crime?
3. What does Papillon show the man in #29 to indicate that Papillon is protecting Galgani?
4. What is the nickname for the warden at the Royale bagne?
5. Papillon is placed in a jail in Caen while awaiting transfer to the prison in which country?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)