|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Papillon and the others procure in Ile aux Pigeons?
(a) Medical treatment.
2. The man in #6 is later arrested for what crime?
(d) Drug trafficking.
3. Who is the prisoner who Papillon pays to help him escape?
4. The warden tells Papillon that Papillon can remain at large on the island as long as Papillon promises to ____________.
(a) Manage the commerce system.
(b) Work in the infirmary.
(c) Not attempt an escape.
(d) Maintain the postal system.
5. Who is the other prisoner who is going to escape with Papillon?
6. When an escape occurs on the island, the warden is punished by losing pay and ________________.
(b) Time off.
7. Who turns Papillon in to the authorities?
(a) A scorned lover.
(b) Another convict.
(c) The Mother Superior.
(d) A school teacher.
8. What is Ile aux Pigeons?
(a) A leper's colony.
(b) A hospital.
(c) An ocean current.
(d) An aviary.
9. How many men are in each cell at the Conciergerie?
10. What is the reason for gunfire in the middle of the night at the bagne?
(a) Julot has escaped.
(b) Girard faces a firing squad.
(c) Three men are caught trying to scale the prison wall.
(d) A guard is torturing a prisoner.
11. Who is the island girl who claims Papillon as her own?
12. What is the nickname for the warden at the Royale bagne?
(a) Coco Loco.
(b) Mara Loco.
(c) Coco Sec.
(d) Luna Sec.
13. Who is willing to carry messages for Papillon?
(a) A fisherman.
(b) A cook.
(c) A guard.
(d) A sweeper.
14. Where is Papillon when the book begins?
(a) A church.
(b) A bar.
(c) A casino.
(d) A courtroom.
15. What happens when coconuts are withheld from Papillon for awhile?
(a) He gets delirious.
(b) He is dehydrated.
(c) He becomes very weak.
(d) He can't sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the star witness against Papillon?
2. How many other escaped convicts does Trinidad have who have no way to leave the island?
3. What is stuck to the bowl that the leper, Toussaint, hands to Papillon?
4. Why does Papillon reject the idea of an appeal?
5. What does Papillon receive from a smuggler on the anniversary of his first year in solitary?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)