|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Papillon uses money and ______________ to pay for the aid and supplies for his next escape.
(d) A knife.
2. Who is the man Papillon is accused of murdering?
(a) Francois Gaspard.
(b) Jacque Robillard.
(c) Yves Mimieux.
(d) Roland de Petit.
3. Who is willing to carry messages for Papillon?
(a) A cook.
(b) A sweeper.
(c) A fisherman.
(d) A guard.
4. Papillon's new escape plan hinges on _________________.
5. Papillon is placed in a jail in Caen while awaiting transfer to the prison in which country?
6. For what crime is Papillon on trial?
7. What is a cavale?
(a) A gardening tool.
(b) An escape.
(c) A boat.
(d) A French pastry.
8. How many days are Papillon and Maturette given to leave Trinidad?
(a) 18 days.
(b) 90 days.
(c) 30 days.
(d) 7 days.
9. Where is the bagne located?
(b) Dutch Guiana.
(c) French Guiana.
10. What is stuck to the bowl that the leper, Toussaint, hands to Papillon?
(a) A leaf.
(d) Toussaint's finger.
11. What is the name of the family which welcomes the escapees on the island in #49?
12. Who is the inmate with whom Papillon becomes a friend?
(b) La Petit.
13. How many days does the trip to the bagne take?
14. Why are some of the prisoners whipped severely or burned with steam on board the ship to the bagne?
(a) The prisoners refuse to eat.
(b) A man had been stabbed at night.
(c) A guard has been attacked.
(d) A man's plan is stolen.
15. What happens to Papillon and the others when arriving at Curacao?
(a) They need hospitalization for a few days.
(b) They receive a warm welcome.
(c) They buy a bigger boat.
(d) The boat crashes into rocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Papillon ingest the picric acid?
2. Who buys a boat for Papillon and the other escapees?
3. What color predominates the courtroom in which Papillon is tried?
4. What is Papillon's sentence?
5. Who is the man who serves as clerk on the island?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)