|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After escaping the Indian territory, Papillon finds himself in the company of ______________.
(b) Medicine men.
2. What are the people of Ile aux Pigeons careful not to do around Papillon?
(a) Touch him.
(c) Tell secrets.
(d) Show money.
3. What is Papillon forbidden to talk about on Royale?
(b) The king.
4. Why does Papillon reject the idea of an appeal?
(a) He knows people in the city are already turned against him.
(b) He will try to escape regardless of the sentence.
(c) He does not have the money for a good lawyer.
(d) He knows he is guilty.
5. One of the men in Papillon's group grew up at the bagne and is ___________________.
(a) a minister's son.
(b) a judge's son.
(c) a cook's son.
(d) a prison guard's son.
6. What is stuck to the bowl that the leper, Toussaint, hands to Papillon?
(a) Toussaint's finger.
(c) A leaf.
7. What happens to Papillon and the others when arriving at Curacao?
(a) They buy a bigger boat.
(b) The boat crashes into rocks.
(c) They receive a warm welcome.
(d) They need hospitalization for a few days.
8. Why does Papillon ingest the picric acid?
(a) To stop hunger pangs.
(b) To lose weight.
(c) To treat gonorrhea.
(d) To get transferred to the hospital.
9. What does Papillon open to inspect when he and the others find a house in Curacao?
(a) A lock box.
(b) A bag of money.
(c) A storage chest.
10. Why does Papillon try to learn all he can about the bagne?
(a) So he can tell his wife about it.
(b) So he can make drawings of it.
(c) So he will be better prepared to escape.
(d) So that he can write a book.
11. How old is Papillon when the book begins?
12. How many days are Papillon and Maturette given to leave Trinidad?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 18 days.
(c) 30 days.
(d) 90 days.
13. What does the man in #19 say is his personal goal?
(a) To work on Papillon's appeal.
(b) To consider Papillon's appeal.
(c) To shorten his time in jail.
(d) To let Papillon have a cell near a window.
14. Prisoners named Julot and ________________ have escaped the bagne and are now among Papillon's group.
(c) Le Guittou.
(d) Le Petit.
15. In what prison is Papillon held for awhile in Colombia?
(a) Santa Louisa.
(b) Santa Marta.
(c) Santa Clara.
(d) Santa Maria.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Papillon and Clousiot unable to make their escape from Colombia?
2. Who is willing to carry messages for Papillon?
3. What medical condition does the prisoner named Ignace Galgani tell Papillon that he has?
4. How many days does the trip to the bagne take?
5. Who buys a boat for Papillon and the other escapees?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)