|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the prisoner who Papillon pays to help him escape?
2. How many days does the trip to the bagne take?
3. Prisoners named Julot and ________________ have escaped the bagne and are now among Papillon's group.
(a) Le Guittou.
(c) Le Petit.
4. What do most of the prisoners at the Royale bagne have?
5. Papillon learns that the convoy to which prison will leave in two days?
(a) Saint Martin in Chains.
6. The bagne is located on which river?
(a) Seine River.
(b) Lyons River.
(c) Maroni River.
(d) Marseilles River.
7. How many other escaped convicts does Trinidad have who have no way to leave the island?
8. Who turns Papillon in to the authorities?
(a) A school teacher.
(b) Another convict.
(c) A scorned lover.
(d) The Mother Superior.
9. What is a cavale?
(a) An escape.
(b) A gardening tool.
(c) A French pastry.
(d) A boat.
10. Which new prisoner does Papillon join in a daring escape?
11. From whom does Papillon receive a note in "En Route to the Bagne"?
12. What medical condition does the prisoner named Ignace Galgani tell Papillon that he has?
13. What is Papillon's sentence?
(a) Twenty years to life.
(c) Life in prison with ZSSSSSSSSSShard labor.
(d) Five years of hard labor.
14. What does the Bowen family tell the escapees about Trinidad?
(a) Hurricanes are a common occurrence.
(b) Fish and fruit are plentiful for everyone.
(c) It is under Indian rule.
(d) Prisoners cannot settle there.
15. Papillon's new escape plan hinges on _________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Papillon reject the idea of an appeal?
2. Who buys a boat for Papillon and the other escapees?
3. What happens when coconuts are withheld from Papillon for awhile?
4. In what prison is Papillon held for awhile in Colombia?
5. What happens to the smuggler in #97?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)