|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which prisoner takes great interest in Papillon's escape plan?
(a) Jean Chen.
(b) Jacques Chevalier.
(c) Joanes Clousiot.
(d) Johannes Broussard.
2. Which island do the escapees reach after days at sea?
(c) St. Barts.
3. Who is the other prisoner who is going to escape with Papillon?
4. Which new prisoner does Papillon join in a daring escape?
5. How many men are in each cell at the Conciergerie?
6. What assistance does Trinidad's navy offer to Papillon and Maturette?
(a) To give them nautical maps.
(b) To take them to South America.
(c) To give them a bigger boat.
(d) To refit their boat.
7. How many other escaped convicts does Trinidad have who have no way to leave the island?
8. Why do the three other escapees not want to continue on the journey with Papillon?
(a) They are imprisoned in Curacao.
(b) They cannot bear such a long crossing.
(c) They want to sail in a different direction.
(d) They are all too sick to go.
9. Which of the following is NOT something Papillon and the others procure in Ile aux Pigeons?
(b) Medical treatment.
10. Who is the man Papillon is accused of murdering?
(a) Roland de Petit.
(b) Jacque Robillard.
(c) Yves Mimieux.
(d) Francois Gaspard.
11. When does the warden tell Papillon that he can escape?
(a) It would be better to go in the Spring.
(b) When hell freezes over.
(c) After the completion of the warden's term.
(d) Any time he wants.
12. What is the name of the ship that transfers Papillon and the other escapees back to the bagne?
13. What is the name of the family which welcomes the escapees on the island in #49?
14. What happens to Papillon and the others when arriving at Curacao?
(a) They receive a warm welcome.
(b) They buy a bigger boat.
(c) The boat crashes into rocks.
(d) They need hospitalization for a few days.
15. Why are Papillon and Clousiot unable to make their escape from Colombia?
(a) They break bones when they jump off a wall.
(b) They both get dysentery and cannot walk.
(c) They are too weak from starvation.
(d) They get malaria and go out of their minds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Papillon realize about the boat to be used in the escape?
2. How does the man in #42 break his leg?
3. Who is the prisoner who Papillon pays to help him escape?
4. What happens to Clousiot after two years in solitary confinement?
5. Papillon is placed in a jail in Caen while awaiting transfer to the prison in which country?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)