|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men are in each cell at the Conciergerie?
2. How much money does Galgani have?
(a) 100,000 francs.
(b) 5,000 francs.
(c) 10,000 francs.
(d) 25,000 francs.
3. What is the name of the ship that transfers Papillon and the other escapees back to the bagne?
4. What happens when coconuts are withheld from Papillon for awhile?
(a) He can't sleep.
(b) He gets delirious.
(c) He becomes very weak.
(d) He is dehydrated.
5. After escaping the Indian territory, Papillon finds himself in the company of ______________.
(d) Medicine men.
6. What does Papillon know when he reaches prison?
(a) He will be set free.
(b) He will die there.
(c) He will cause a riot.
(d) He will escape.
7. What do Papillon and the man in #70 do to fend off fatigue and hunger while at sea?
(a) Chew on cocoa leaves.
(b) Sleep as much as possible.
(c) Daydream about their next destination.
(d) Ration the food very carefully.
8. What does Papillon admit to the authorities?
(a) He will give them all his pearls if they don't arrest him.
(b) He has escaped from Rio Hacha.
(c) He will kill himself before being taken back to prison.
(d) He will kill anyone who tries to stop him from leaving.
9. Who is the man Papillon is accused of murdering?
(a) Yves Mimieux.
(b) Roland de Petit.
(c) Jacque Robillard.
(d) Francois Gaspard.
10. Who turns Papillon in to the authorities?
(a) A school teacher.
(b) Another convict.
(c) The Mother Superior.
(d) A scorned lover.
11. Why does Papillon reject the idea of an appeal?
(a) He does not have the money for a good lawyer.
(b) He knows he is guilty.
(c) He knows people in the city are already turned against him.
(d) He will try to escape regardless of the sentence.
12. Who gives Papillon and the others the directions to Ile aux Pigeons?
(a) Masked Breton.
(b) Masked Boulanger.
(c) Masked Bertrand.
(d) Masked Broussard.
13. Papillon determines the best way to deal with the mental challenges of __________________.
(a) Outwitting the guards.
(b) Making true friends.
(c) Solitary confinement.
(d) Being on death row.
14. What is Papillon's sentence?
(a) Five years of hard labor.
(c) Twenty years to life.
(d) Life in prison with ZSSSSSSSSSShard labor.
15. Which prisoner does Galgani fear?
Short Answer Questions
1. Papillon's friends smuggled in a coconut and _______________ for him every day in solitary.
2. Which new prisoner does Papillon join in a daring escape?
3. What job does Galgani have at the bagne at this time?
4. When does the warden tell Papillon that he can escape?
5. How many days are Papillon and Maturette given to leave Trinidad?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)