|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what prison is Papillon held for awhile in Colombia?
(a) Santa Marta.
(b) Santa Louisa.
(c) Santa Clara.
(d) Santa Maria.
2. Which island do the escapees reach after days at sea?
(d) St. Barts.
3. What is a bagne?
(a) A loaf of bread.
(b) A jacket.
(c) A prison.
(d) A sword.
4. Who gives Papillon and the others the directions to Ile aux Pigeons?
(a) Masked Bertrand.
(b) Masked Broussard.
(c) Masked Breton.
(d) Masked Boulanger.
5. The bagne is located on which river?
(a) Seine River.
(b) Marseilles River.
(c) Lyons River.
(d) Maroni River.
6. What does Papillon realize about the boat to be used in the escape?
(a) It is leaking in several places.
(b) It is not sufficient to carry them to sea.
(c) It is white and will be spotted easily.
(d) There are no oars with it.
7. Who is the man who serves as clerk on the island?
8. What does Galgani ask Papillon to do for him?
(a) Summon the guard.
(b) Get him some water.
(c) Help with his appeals case.
(d) Carry his plan.
9. Papillon determines the best way to deal with the mental challenges of __________________.
(a) Being on death row.
(b) Solitary confinement.
(c) Outwitting the guards.
(d) Making true friends.
10. Who is the man Papillon is accused of murdering?
(a) Roland de Petit.
(b) Yves Mimieux.
(c) Francois Gaspard.
(d) Jacque Robillard.
11. The warden tells Papillon that Papillon can remain at large on the island as long as Papillon promises to ____________.
(a) Manage the commerce system.
(b) Not attempt an escape.
(c) Maintain the postal system.
(d) Work in the infirmary.
12. What is a plan?
(a) Menus for a week.
(b) A configuration of cells.
(c) An escape strategy.
(d) A tube of money stored in the anus.
13. What is Papillon forbidden to talk about on Royale?
(c) The king.
14. What does Papillon know when he reaches prison?
(a) He will be set free.
(b) He will escape.
(c) He will cause a riot.
(d) He will die there.
15. Who buys a boat for Papillon and the other escapees?
(a) Dr. Roux.
(b) Dr. Moreau.
(c) Dr. Naal.
(d) Dr. Boulanger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which prisoner takes great interest in Papillon's escape plan?
2. What is Papillon's only rule for the three convicts wanting to leave on his boat?
3. How does Papillon utilize a younger prisoner with a feminine appearance?
4. How does the man in #42 break his leg?
5. Which of the following is NOT true about Papillon's cell in the prison in #76?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)