|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Galgani have at the bagne at this time?
(a) Boat repair.
(b) Postal service.
2. What sentence are men never given in Colombia?
(a) Life in prison.
(c) Twenty years to life.
(d) Five to ten years.
3. Papillon's new escape plan hinges on _________________.
4. What is Papillon's sentence?
(a) Five years of hard labor.
(c) Life in prison with ZSSSSSSSSSShard labor.
(d) Twenty years to life.
5. Which country is willing to let Papillon and Maturette dock and rest for awhile on their journey?
6. Who is the prisoner who Papillon pays to help him escape?
7. In what do the other prisoners seem to not have any interest?
(b) Cleaning their cells.
(c) Writing letters.
(d) Making wine.
8. Papillon determines the best way to deal with the mental challenges of __________________.
(a) Outwitting the guards.
(b) Solitary confinement.
(c) Making true friends.
(d) Being on death row.
9. Who is the other prisoner who is going to escape with Papillon?
10. What is stuck to the bowl that the leper, Toussaint, hands to Papillon?
(b) A leaf.
(c) Toussaint's finger.
11. How does Papillon incapacitate a guard to attempt another escape?
(a) He strangles him.
(b) He pushes him down slippery steps.
(c) He puts a sleeping potion in his coffee.
(d) He stabs him.
12. Where is Papillon when the book begins?
(a) A courtroom.
(b) A church.
(c) A casino.
(d) A bar.
13. Who buys a boat for Papillon and the other escapees?
(a) Dr. Naal.
(b) Dr. Moreau.
(c) Dr. Roux.
(d) Dr. Boulanger.
14. What does Papillon open to inspect when he and the others find a house in Curacao?
(b) A storage chest.
(c) A bag of money.
(d) A lock box.
15. What is the destination of Papillon and Maturette when they set out from Trinidad?
(a) St. Bart's.
(c) The Bahamas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the smuggler in #97?
2. Who is the star witness against Papillon?
3. What happens to Clousiot after two years in solitary confinement?
4. For what crime is Papillon on trial?
5. Papillon uses money and ______________ to pay for the aid and supplies for his next escape.
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)