|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which prisoner takes great interest in Papillon's escape plan?
(a) Jean Chen.
(b) Joanes Clousiot.
(c) Johannes Broussard.
(d) Jacques Chevalier.
2. What is the name of the family which welcomes the escapees on the island in #49?
3. In what prison is Papillon held for awhile in Colombia?
(a) Santa Marta.
(b) Santa Maria.
(c) Santa Clara.
(d) Santa Louisa.
4. Who is the star witness against Papillon?
5. Why do the three other escapees not want to continue on the journey with Papillon?
(a) They are imprisoned in Curacao.
(b) They want to sail in a different direction.
(c) They cannot bear such a long crossing.
(d) They are all too sick to go.
6. From whom does Papillon receive a note in "En Route to the Bagne"?
7. What do most of the prisoners at the Royale bagne have?
8. What job does Galgani have at the bagne at this time?
(a) Postal service.
(c) Boat repair.
9. Who is the young man in #40?
10. What is the role of the man in #19?
11. What medical condition does the prisoner named Ignace Galgani tell Papillon that he has?
12. Who buys a boat for Papillon and the other escapees?
(a) Dr. Moreau.
(b) Dr. Naal.
(c) Dr. Roux.
(d) Dr. Boulanger.
13. What is Papillon forbidden to talk about on Royale?
(b) The king.
14. Who is the man who serves as clerk on the island?
15. When does the warden tell Papillon that he can escape?
(a) When hell freezes over.
(b) It would be better to go in the Spring.
(c) Any time he wants.
(d) After the completion of the warden's term.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which prisoner breaks his leg in the escape?
2. Who is the inmate with whom Papillon becomes a friend?
3. What does Papillon know when he reaches prison?
4. The man in #6 is later arrested for what crime?
5. What does Papillon realize about the boat to be used in the escape?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)