|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Clousiot hospitalized on the island?
(a) For dysentery.
(b) For malaria.
(c) For tuberculosis.
(d) For a broken leg.
2. Papillon's friends smuggled in a coconut and _______________ for him every day in solitary.
3. From whom does Papillon receive a note in "En Route to the Bagne"?
4. Which new prisoner does Papillon join in a daring escape?
5. Which of the following is NOT true about Papillon's cell in the prison in #76?
(a) Rats run rampant.
(b) It is built on a hilltop.
(c) It floods at high tide.
(d) Crabs become a menace.
6. How many days does the trip to the bagne take?
7. For what crime is Papillon on trial?
8. Why does Papillon ingest the picric acid?
(a) To treat gonorrhea.
(b) To lose weight.
(c) To get transferred to the hospital.
(d) To stop hunger pangs.
9. When an escape occurs on the island, the warden is punished by losing pay and ________________.
(a) Time off.
10. Who is the inmate with whom Papillon becomes a friend?
(c) La Petit.
11. Who gives Papillon and the others the directions to Ile aux Pigeons?
(a) Masked Bertrand.
(b) Masked Broussard.
(c) Masked Boulanger.
(d) Masked Breton.
12. Prisoners named Julot and ________________ have escaped the bagne and are now among Papillon's group.
(b) Le Guittou.
(c) Le Petit.
13. What happens to Clousiot after two years in solitary confinement?
(a) He goes crazy.
(b) He dies a few days after his release.
(c) He commits suicide.
(d) He is sent back to France.
14. What does Papillon show the man in #29 to indicate that Papillon is protecting Galgani?
(a) A syringe.
(b) A lancet.
(c) A glass shard.
(d) A needle.
15. Who calls the police because he has been told that Papillon has stolen money?
(a) Dr. Naal.
(b) Dr. Morel.
(c) Dr. Neville.
(d) Dr. Grosvenor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason for gunfire in the middle of the night at the bagne?
2. In what prison is Papillon held for awhile in Colombia?
3. How does Papillon incapacitate a guard to attempt another escape?
4. Who is the woman who loves Papillon and cries out in the courtroom?
5. Who is the man Papillon is accused of murdering?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)