|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Papillon and the others procure in Ile aux Pigeons?
(b) Medical treatment.
2. Which prisoner does Galgani fear?
3. Which one of the escapees leaves a note under his pillow stating that he has moved and left no forwarding address?
4. In what prison is Papillon held for awhile in Colombia?
(a) Santa Louisa.
(b) Santa Maria.
(c) Santa Marta.
(d) Santa Clara.
5. What is the name of the family which welcomes the escapees on the island in #49?
6. What is the reason for gunfire in the middle of the night at the bagne?
(a) Girard faces a firing squad.
(b) Julot has escaped.
(c) Three men are caught trying to scale the prison wall.
(d) A guard is torturing a prisoner.
7. What is Papillon forbidden to talk about on Royale?
(b) The king.
8. From whom does Papillon receive a note in "En Route to the Bagne"?
9. What happens when coconuts are withheld from Papillon for awhile?
(a) He becomes very weak.
(b) He gets delirious.
(c) He is dehydrated.
(d) He can't sleep.
10. What does Papillon open to inspect when he and the others find a house in Curacao?
(a) A lock box.
(b) A storage chest.
(c) A bag of money.
11. What is the destination of Papillon and Maturette when they set out from Trinidad?
(b) The Bahamas.
(d) St. Bart's.
12. Which country is willing to let Papillon and Maturette dock and rest for awhile on their journey?
13. Who is the warden at the Royale bagne?
14. Papillon is placed in a jail in Caen while awaiting transfer to the prison in which country?
15. What are the men in the Caen jail not allowed to do all day?
(b) Close their eyes.
(c) Go to the bathroom.
(d) Lie down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the star witness against Papillon?
2. Who is the man Papillon is accused of murdering?
3. What does Papillon show the man in #29 to indicate that Papillon is protecting Galgani?
4. Which prisoner takes great interest in Papillon's escape plan?
5. Who is the woman who loves Papillon and cries out in the courtroom?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)