|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man in #19 say is his personal goal?
(a) To consider Papillon's appeal.
(b) To work on Papillon's appeal.
(c) To let Papillon have a cell near a window.
(d) To shorten his time in jail.
2. Papillon learns of another escape attempt that results in several escapees eating _____________ other convicts.
3. In what year does the story begin?
4. Who is the inmate with whom Papillon becomes a friend?
(b) La Petit.
5. What is stuck to the bowl that the leper, Toussaint, hands to Papillon?
(b) A leaf.
(c) Toussaint's finger.
6. How many days are Papillon and Maturette given to leave Trinidad?
(a) 18 days.
(b) 7 days.
(c) 90 days.
(d) 30 days.
7. Who is the woman who loves Papillon and cries out in the courtroom?
8. Papillon's new escape plan hinges on _________________.
9. From whom does Papillon receive a note in "En Route to the Bagne"?
10. Which of the following is NOT one of the escaped convicts needing to leave Trinidad?
11. What courtesy do the jailers extend to Papillon?
(a) He does not have to wear striped prison clothes.
(b) He is allowed visits from prostitutes.
(c) He does not have to wear handcuffs.
(d) He can have all the cigarettes he wants.
12. Which one of the escapees leaves a note under his pillow stating that he has moved and left no forwarding address?
13. What do Papillon and the man in #70 do to fend off fatigue and hunger while at sea?
(a) Sleep as much as possible.
(b) Chew on cocoa leaves.
(c) Daydream about their next destination.
(d) Ration the food very carefully.
14. Which of the following is NOT true about Papillon's cell in the prison in #76?
(a) It floods at high tide.
(b) Crabs become a menace.
(c) It is built on a hilltop.
(d) Rats run rampant.
15. Who turns Papillon in to the authorities?
(a) A scorned lover.
(b) Another convict.
(c) A school teacher.
(d) The Mother Superior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the smuggler in #97?
2. What is Papillon forbidden to talk about on Royale?
3. How many years of solitary confinement do Papillon, Maturette and Clousiot receive when they return to the bagne?
4. What is Ile aux Pigeons?
5. Why does Papillon reject the idea of an appeal?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)