|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a plan?
(a) A tube of money stored in the anus.
(b) Menus for a week.
(c) A configuration of cells.
(d) An escape strategy.
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the escaped convicts needing to leave Trinidad?
3. Papillon ingests picric acid to prompt what medical condition?
4. How does the man in #42 break his leg?
(a) He falls into a ditch.
(b) Jumping over the prison wall.
(c) A guard shoots him in the leg.
(d) A wagon falls on it.
5. What is the role of the man in #19?
6. What does the Bowen family tell the escapees about Trinidad?
(a) It is under Indian rule.
(b) Fish and fruit are plentiful for everyone.
(c) Prisoners cannot settle there.
(d) Hurricanes are a common occurrence.
7. One of the men in Papillon's group grew up at the bagne and is ___________________.
(a) a judge's son.
(b) a minister's son.
(c) a prison guard's son.
(d) a cook's son.
8. From whom does Papillon receive a note in "En Route to the Bagne"?
9. What does Papillon open to inspect when he and the others find a house in Curacao?
(a) A bag of money.
(b) A lock box.
(c) A storage chest.
10. Which island do the escapees reach after days at sea?
(c) St. Barts.
11. What is stuck to the bowl that the leper, Toussaint, hands to Papillon?
(b) Toussaint's finger.
(c) A leaf.
12. What is Papillon's sentence?
(a) Five years of hard labor.
(b) Twenty years to life.
(d) Life in prison with ZSSSSSSSSSShard labor.
13. What does Papillon show the man in #29 to indicate that Papillon is protecting Galgani?
(a) A glass shard.
(b) A syringe.
(c) A lancet.
(d) A needle.
14. What does the man in #19 say is his personal goal?
(a) To shorten his time in jail.
(b) To let Papillon have a cell near a window.
(c) To work on Papillon's appeal.
(d) To consider Papillon's appeal.
15. The man in #6 is later arrested for what crime?
(a) Drug trafficking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Papillon's new escape plan hinges on _________________.
2. What is Papillon not allowed to do in solitary?
3. What does Papillon know when he reaches prison?
4. Who is the other prisoner who is going to escape with Papillon?
5. Papillon makes friends with a fellow prisoner who helps get Papillon _______________________.
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)